Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FOX: Rashad Evans vs Phil Davis@ 8PM(ET)/5PM(PT) SPOILERS 20-25 Mins Later
FightHype Community > MMA HYPE > UFC
Cshel86
For all coverage of the UFC fight tonight. Please keep everything in this thread.

Thanks

CShel (Im Jack for this evening laugh.gif)
Cshel86
Man these two are tired as shit no2.gif

Neither of them have enough energy to do anything...
Cshel86
29 - 28 Weidman

29 - 28 Maia

29 - 28 Weidman

Weidman the winner by split decision
Cshel86
Sonnen is swinging wild as hell, but he's doing good with the takedowns. Bisping's hilding his ground though. Again, Sonnen is swinging too wide for my liking, and may be his downfall if Bisping is successful with countering him.
Cshel86
I have to give the 1st round to Bisping, but it could've gone either way. Sonnen was successful with the two takedowns and that overhand right...while Bisping was more technical.

As far as the 2nd round, I gave that to Bisping...too technical. He outworked Sonnen against the cage, landed knees to Sonnen's body and was well on his way to countering him while he was on the way in. Seriously, Sonnen KEPT leading with his head down, and I was joping Bisping landed a knee to out him to sleep.
Cshel86
Damn Bisping's been on the canvas for about almost 4 minutes. Sonnen may get this round because he's maintaned control of Bisping on the canvas.
Cshel86
Bisping took control and took down Sonnen down with under 30 seconds left...well, I cant necessarily call it a takedown, but you get it.
Cshel86
Whoa shit!

30 - 27
29 - 28
29 - 28

Chael Sonnen wins it.

I need to watch more MMA no2.gif
Cshel86
Im excited about this one! Phil Davis looks like Dwight Howard laugh.gif
Cshel86
Nasty takedown for Evans! Whoa! I thought Davis was in some serious trouble. Good first round for Evans.
Cshel86
Guess it aint as easy as David thought it was laugh.gif Motherfucker is built like a transformer, but its no need to be the bigger man (Davis), if you're gonna get backed up the whole time.
Cshel86
2nd round goes to Evans, easily.
Cshel86
Man that look on Davis's face is very telling...not good no2.gif
Cshel86
It's a shut out so far...Evans is taking him to school. Gotta give Davis a bit of credit in the 3rd for the takedown, but he didn't do much when he executed.
Cshel86
Looks to have been an easy night in the office for Evans...Im callin' it a shut out.

***waiting for the scores***
Cshel86
Evans wins by UD

50 - 45 by all judges
DubC
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 28 2012, 08:15 PM) *
Bisping took control and took down Sonnen down with under 30 seconds left...well, I cant necessarily call it a takedown, but you get it.

I could see 29-28, maybe...But 30-27 FFS??? Thats insane, I actually had Bisping winning by a hair-the 1st round was a toss up imo...Bisping took the 2nd and Sonnen had the 3rd...

Would have much rather see Silva knock Bispings head off than watch another boring Sonnen fight...Maybe this time the Spider will be more prepared, he looked like shit in the first Sonnen fight...Lucky he pulled it off
DubC
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 28 2012, 08:32 PM) *
Im excited about this one! Phil Davis looks like Dwight Howard laugh.gif

Before the fight I thought that Davis vs Jones would be a damn good fight bc of how they are built and fight...I'll settle for Evans-Jones though...Jones takes it
Cshel86
QUOTE (DubC @ Jan 28 2012, 10:51 PM) *
I could see 29-28, maybe...But 30-27 FFS??? Thats insane, I actually had Bisping winning by a hair-the 1st round was a toss up imo...Bisping took the 2nd and Sonnen had the 3rd...

Would have much rather see Silva knock Bispings head off than watch another boring Sonnen fight...Maybe this time the Spider will be more prepared, he looked like shit in the first Sonnen fight...Lucky he pulled it off

Absolutely! I had the 1st round in the air, and the 2nd went to Bisping, and of course the 3rd went to Sonnen.
Run and Gun Game Calls
well tbh i though sonnen won all three rounds, main reason being yes bisbing did hold sonnen against the cage for long portions of the fight, but thats basically all he did, sonnen pressed the action with the takedowns, and also fought decently when his back was to the cage with short inside shots to bisbings ears. tough fight to score but bisbing did little other than hold sonnen against the cage
Sunni6Killer
Event cured insomnia.
This why Boxing is taking over.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.