Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cotto vs Mayweather at 154 on May 5th
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Cshel86
C'mon guys...yall are slippin'! laugh.gif Im sure somebody's read the front page already. No topic yet?

C'mon guys, half of the "whose going to fight who" headache is at ease...for the time being. What are we waiting for??? Let's indulge in the talks of the next major PPV! Looks like we're just waiting for him to get licensed.

WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR??? WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR??? WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR???

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

UPDATE: Per Twitter updates (Kevin Iole), Mayeather has been granted a conditional one-fight license by the NSAC to face Miguel Cotto on May 5th for the WBA JMW title. Oh yeah...did I mention that it will take place at the MGM Grand, and not some wack ass invisible stadium?

So we're in the clear with Mayweather, now let's see who Pacqu...well...nevermind him for the moment laugh.gif
Hotsauce
fighthype sources are wrong
daprofessor
cotto/mayweather was the fight i wanted! it's going to be a tougher fight than pac/mayweather. i cannot wait!!! i may go to this one!!!
Cshel86
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Feb 1 2012, 12:52 PM) *
cotto/mayweather was the fight i wanted! it's going to be a tougher fight than pac/mayweather. i cannot wait!!! i may go to this one!!!

This may be one of those ones that try to catch, before the ticket prices rip me a new one. In the event that I make travel arrangements to attend, I will still order the PPV, so I can watch it when I get back home (for discussion purposes and such).
Hotsauce
floyd won't get his license

Cshel86
Stop trolling Hotsauce nono.gif
Hotsauce
i just realized we might see cotto wife again
MaxPayne
Fat fuck Rafael and Beer Belly Iole are both also corroborating the strong possibility that Floyd's next opponent will be Cotto at 154 lbs.

This is a good fight. Cotto's looked good in his last 3 fights and looks comfortable at that weight. I don't want him gassing out like he did against Pacquiao.

I think Cotto has the ability to make Mayweather think more than he does against his other opponents. Cotto has sound fundamentals, very good power, a stiff jab (when he wants to use it) and I've always liked his movement.

Ultimately, it's basically impossible to outbox Floyd. His skills would have to degrade from aging for that to happen, which isn't the case just yet in his career.

I expect a very good fight and a solid performance from Cotto.
MaxPayne
As per Fat Fuck Rafael's twitter, Mayweather has told the NSAC that on May 5th, Cotto is his opponent.
mitukczuk
If this happens, I will be a very happy fan of BOXING. Now we just have to wait for the announcement of Mosley/Alvarez on the undercard and Yaay! for all the boxing fans around the world !
Cshel86
Good points Max! I like Cotto's ability to effectively counterpunch, he just has to make timing his #1 priority in this bout. I know one thing...his ass is about to get PAID!!!

As for Pacquiao, I guess we have to wait for Arum to vomit some useless horseshit about the "negotiations" that he suddenly decide to take part in, and also his announcement of Pacquiao's next opponent.

Funny thing is, I haven't heard much about Pacquiao since the phone call...I wonder how much of a non-story he will be as May 5th approaches. That's unlikely since he fights a month after Floyd which means that both of their fight build-ups will collide and produce great television numbers.

mitukczuk
Too bad its going to be a feast for haters "Cotto=Pac's leftover". Anyway, I am waiting for the Money May twitter to shed some light on this "rumor" ! Until then I am not Yaaying,
MaxPayne
Kevin Iole Live Updates

For those who want to follow what's being said at the hearing.
MaxPayne
Fuck. Commissioner Day is saying that he is having a hard time granting a license in a case where the prison sentence hasn't been served.
mitukczuk
They are acting as if he were to serve 10 years for murder and armed robbery. God.
MaxPayne
"Avansino tells Wright: We would ask you not to try to defer Floyd's June 1 report date to jail"

Yes, yes, whatever you motherfuckers say. Just grant the license already.
MaxPayne
"Commission is going into deliberations on whether to license @floydmayweather to fight @realmiguelcotto on May 5 in Vegas"

Well, hold your breath and cross your fingers guys.
Cshel86
QUOTE (MaxPayne @ Feb 1 2012, 01:53 PM) *
"Avansino tells Wright: We would ask you not to try to defer Floyd's June 1 report date to jail"

Yes, yes, whatever you motherfuckers say. Just grant the license already.

Exactly! I would hate for us to be stuck with a wack ass Pacman fight this year...
MaxPayne
"Chairman Avansino brings up possibility of a one-fight license for May 5 with a number of conditions. Avansino to Floyd: You must comply with every aspect of judge's order, including staying out of trouble. Not easy for celeb, he says."

"Avansino: I'm willing to give Floyd a shot that he will comply with his obligations"
MaxPayne
Commish Brady: I'm predisposed to believe Mr Mayweather,
MaxPayne
"Commissioners move to grant a conditional license. They say he must report to jail on June 1 with no requests to extend that."

Is that it then? Can we exhale?
Cshel86
QUOTE (MaxPayne @ Feb 1 2012, 02:01 PM) *
"Commissioners move to grant a conditional license. They say he must report to jail on June 1 with no requests to extend that."

Is that it then? Can we exhale?

Sounds concrete to me dntknw.gif
mitukczuk
Thank god !
MaxPayne
Not out of the woods yet guys:

"There is a motion to approve license. They're going through the conditions that will be placed upon it. Expect 5-0 vote in favor SOON".

Let's see the conditions that they place.
MaxPayne
"Voted unanimously, 5-0. Mayweather is LICENSED"

YES ! IT'S A CELEBRATION BITCHES !
MaxPayne
(runs away from desk at work to empty conference room with iPod in hand, fires up "Celebration" by Kool and the Gang and starts dancing maniacally).

WOOHOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!!!
MaxPayne
'Talked to Mayweather: FIght is for Cotto's 154 pound belt. I wnat him to be comfortable, Floyd said of Cotto."

Nice !
Cshel86
Running around the office and conference room?! LOL. Max you're an asshole man!!! Don't get wrote up for that shit!

Cshel86

PARTY TIME!!! yahoo.gif
MaxPayne
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 1 2012, 02:18 PM) *
Running around the office and conference room?! LOL. Max you're an asshole man!!! Don't get wrote up for that shit!

You right on that...have to keep it in the DL. Man, I can't wait for tonight's Fighthype Radio. It'll be great to hear the guys' perspectives on these developments!

So this now means that Pacquiao - Bradley is a done deal.
Cshel86
QUOTE (MaxPayne @ Feb 1 2012, 02:20 PM) *
You right on that...have to keep it in the DL. Man, I can't wait for tonight's Fighthype Radio. It'll be great to hear the guys' perspectives on these developments!

So this now means that Pacquiao - Bradley is a done deal.

Im ready as well...Wednesdays are the best! I just dont wanna hear motherfuckers crying about the "megafight" not happening, but hey, Im sure they'll still be callers willing to spill their guts over something that wont happen.

As far as a Pacquiao/Bradley fight, he really has no choice at this point. Either slug it out with JMM again, or move on. Who else can he fight besides these two anyway? I doubt if he has the balls to fight Ortiz, and I doubt if Arum looks in that direction.
MaxPayne
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 1 2012, 02:29 PM) *
Im ready as well...Wednesdays are the best! I just dont wanna hear motherfuckers crying about the "megafight" not happening, but hey, Im sure they'll still be callers willing to spill their guts over something that wont happen.

As far as a Pacquiao/Bradley fight, he really has no choice at this point. Either slug it out with JMM again, or move on. Who else can he fight besides these two anyway? I doubt if he has the balls to fight Ortiz, and I doubt if Arum looks in that direction.

Tell me something man...am I crazy for thinking that Bradley has a decent chance to beat Pacquiao ?

I mean, the dude is young, can move, has a jab, I mean...this ain't a walk in the park by any stretch I don't think. Of course, he hits you with pillows and has laughable power, but I just feel like Bradley is tough.
checkleft
Great fight. Canelo mosley undercard, should alvarez win he can fight mayweather next because we know the pac fight ain't happening.
mitukczuk
Alright. Its up on Money May's twitter. I now fully believe Cotto will be the 43rd. Great fight.
thehype
QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Feb 1 2012, 12:51 PM) *
fighthype sources are wrong

taunt.gif
MaxPayne
QUOTE (thehype @ Feb 1 2012, 02:45 PM) *
taunt.gif

Hotsauce has been trolling hard, acting like he has the inside hook up. Freaking sad, I tell you.
Cshel86
QUOTE (MaxPayne @ Feb 1 2012, 02:34 PM) *
Tell me something man...am I crazy for thinking that Bradley has a decent chance to beat Pacquiao ?

Max, I REALLY want to answer your question, but I believe it's thread worthy. Go ahead and get that thread started bro!!! clapping.gif

QUOTE (checkleft @ Feb 1 2012, 02:35 PM) *
Great fight. Canelo mosley undercard, should alvarez win he can fight mayweather next because we know the pac fight ain't happening.

As far as the budget for an Alvarez/Mosley fight, I don't really think it will fit on such an undercard, but I could be wrong. An Alvarez/Mosley fight could easily headline a B.A.D. card, and get Canelo the attention he deserves while fighting a future HOFer.

After FMJ and Cotto get their cut from the card budget, Im not sure if Canelo and Mosley will get exactly what they deserve. Im pretty sure that's how it'll go. Who knows though...somebody help me out here.
Hotsauce
so floyd can only fight once in vegas in 2012?
Hotsauce
im done trolling
Cshel86
QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Feb 1 2012, 02:53 PM) *
im done trolling

Good save, asshole glare.gif
Jacizzle23
I don't think Cotto was a very smart option for Floyd. I think he should have fought Canelo instead because once he beats Cotto, Manny fans will just claim that he fought Manny's leftovers! Even he stated it him self! Although I believe Cotto will be alot better at 154 & can possibly beat Manny at 150+ at this point, I know Floyd won't get his just do! He should have faced the young & scrappy Canelo instead! Yea they say his age & experience is limited, & thats why Floyd probably overlooked him. But he is also dangerous & exciting for the fans as well!
MaxPayne
Does the Puerto Rican community generally celebrate Cinco De Mayo in any way ? Is it an event for them as well, or is it strictly a Mexican thing ? Just curious.
Plah
QUOTE (MaxPayne @ Feb 1 2012, 03:00 PM) *
Does the Puerto Rican community generally celebrate Cinco De Mayo in any way ? Is it an event for them as well, or is it strictly a Mexican thing ? Just curious.

Mexican only.
HazConvictedFelonMane
Miguel Cotto's son looks like Glen/Glenda from Seed Of Chucky. "Run Glenda" me and my chick crack up laughing everytime we see him in the crowd or on 24/7.

Anyway, I think this is going to be rather interesting. Cotto looked pretty good in his last fight. He won by TKO on the humble but oh well. A KO's a KO. History has shown that Miguel Cotto is better suited fighting in The Big Apple. The times that he ventured out to Las Vegas to fight, he ended up losing. I think the Las Vegas Curse that Cotto seems to have issues with will come into play yet again. I think the pressure of the grand stage and the pressure Floyd will put on Cotto, will wear him down. Everyone who follows boxing and pays close attention would know that Cotto doesn't do well fighting backwards. Floyd will muscle up on Cotto and catch him with something he won't recover from. Timing, accuracy, and a good boxing IQ will overcome on that night. Mayweather will have a tougher than normal night but he will win big.
CDeezFoo
HYFR....if ya dont know what that means...its Hell Yeah! Fuckin Right! ...yall slippen on your Drake songs. Really it didn't matter who he fought...but this is a great matchup..Cotto is a beast and is well respected. I still will bet the house on Floyd...if I find any challengers..but this shit is awesome. In the words of Bart Scott....CANT WAIT!
checkleft
QUOTE (Jacizzle23 @ Feb 1 2012, 02:56 PM) *
I don't think Cotto was a very smart option for Floyd. I think he should hsve fought Canelo instead because once he beats him, fans will just claim that he fought Cotto's leftovers! Even he stated it his self! Even though I believe Cotto will be alot better at 154 & can possibly beat Manny at 150+ at this point, I know he won't get his just do! He should have faced the young & scrappy Canelo instead! Yea they say his age & experience is limited, & thats why Floyd probably overlooked him. But he is also dangerous & exciting to the fans also!

I can see where your coming from but the way I look at it is this is a smart move for money. This way he gets a really big pay day against a guy who just got the biggest win of his career and he has Canelo as an option for a next opponent if/when the manny fight falls through again. This way Canelo gets more experience fighting let's say a mosley or dare I say it kirkland and mayweather gets more respect for fighting him and not hearing all this talk about being green.
MaxPayne
QUOTE (CDeezFoo @ Feb 1 2012, 03:20 PM) *
HYFR....if ya dont know what that means...its Hell Yeah! Fuckin Right! ...yall slippen on your Drake songs. Really it didn't matter who he fought...but this is a great matchup..Cotto is a beast and is well respected. I still will bet the house on Floyd...if I find any challengers..but this shit is awesome. In the words of Bart Scott....CANT WAIT!

If I ever met Drake, I might have to hit him with the 2 piece and a side of fries. Motherfucker's voice gives me headaches.

But yeah, I feel you. The Bart Scott quote is perfect for this. Counting down the days!
thehype
QUOTE (Jacizzle23 @ Feb 1 2012, 02:56 PM) *
I don't think Cotto was a very smart option for Floyd. I think he should have fought Canelo instead because once he beats Cotto, Manny fans will just claim that he fought Manny's leftovers! Even he stated it him self! Even though I believe Cotto will be alot better at 154 & can possibly beat Manny at 150+ at this point, I know Floyd won't get his just do! He should have faced the young & scrappy Canelo instead! Yea they say his age & experience is limited, & thats why Floyd probably overlooked him. But he is also dangerous & exciting for the fans also!

Canelo can wait his turn in November.

laugh.gif
thehype
QUOTE (MaxPayne @ Feb 1 2012, 03:00 PM) *

Doesn't matter if Canelo is fighting on the same PPV.

laugh.gif
Cshel86
Man, folks need to just chill and be happy that there's yet another big fight happening in the sport. Damn, some mofos are NEVER satisfied with shit. It's hard to not get sick to the stomach when folks cry about the falling of the megafight, after THIS fight was announced.

Damn, at least the motherfucker is making an attempt to fight somebody, instead of taking a break, or being behind bars. Maybe Im just tired of casual fans who are only going to go on with their boring lives after the "megafight" happens, while hardcore fans will keep the sport going.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.