Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Manny Pacquiao vs. Timothy Bradley (Poll Added)
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
MaxPayne
Let's talk business.

This is basically a done deal, given that Floyd and Cotto are fighting each other.

The question I have, is this: is it necessarily a done deal that Pacquiao will walk through Bradley?

I really don't think so. Bradley is young. He's good defensively. He has excellent movement and a good jab. I think the range of punches he throws is limited, because he relies mostly on hooks and jabs, but even then, the guy is a very good fighter.

How do you guys see this fight going ?
Cshel86
Tim Bradley is a tough fight for anybody, hands down. He will do a better job than Diaz did of bullying Pac, and in the case of a clash of heads and Pac gets the worst of it...then Tim will be on the upside of the situation. He will take advantage of getting off first on the inside, and if he makes it a clinch-fight, then Pac may also be in a compromising position. With that said, Tim has to get Pacquiao uncomfortable first, then he can implement his usual fight game.

Problem is, Pac has fought Bradley-type fighters, unfortunately, Bradley hasn't experienced the same. The biggest question is, can Bradley take a Pacquiao punch when it comes down to it? I've seen Timmy deal with some adversary in the ring, but the adversary and frustration that comes along with fighting Manny, can only be handled certain fighters...more so, fighters who dont allow Pac to freely impose his will without working for it.

With this said, if we see the laid-back but aggressive Bradley, then it may be a short night for him. If he bullies Pac and get him out of his game, then he MAY have a chance to win some decent rounds. I just see him being a bit too slow and inexperienced to deal with Pac's shit. Think about it, a Bradley/Pac fight wont get as much attention as the current FMJ/Cotto fight, so Pac will go out of his way to beat the shit outta Bradley and give him a devastating first loss...
mitukczuk
I don't like Bradley's straight head down the pipe "punch". However I must admit he is one of those better seasoned "youngsters" out there. Good jab, movement...needs to learn to throw straight punches though.

His warrior mentality could be a good mix with Pac's relentlessness, that's for sure. But somethings telling me that nobody from these young guns has the right tools to beat big names...not yet.

Off topic : Pac-Marquez is definitely out of the table ?
Hotsauce
this is a great fight.

i can see bradley winning.
BoxingStill#1
Im gonna lay down my first prediction....

There is going to be a knockout in this fight should it be made,...

Bradley's bodywork crumbles Pac over..

Hahahahahahahahahahaahaaha
Seek
Bradley could very well win this fight. He can mix it up with a good straight right and puts in very effective body work. Two handed fighter. Good defense, speed and footwork. I think his power is underrated. He's just not a great finisher. I think he'll come in with a plan a b and c. I like his trainer too, he gives good advice and they got good chemistry. Props to Manny for taking this fight if it happens. Bradley deserves it and won't dissappoint
Seek
If Team Pacquiao was smart, they would fight Lamont Peterson. Then fight the winner of Marquez and Bradley. They're bound to look good in a fight vs Peterson and probably get a knockout. If they fight Bradley, I expect the myth of Pacquiao declining to become even more popular. Fact of the matter is when you put Pacquiao in there with a live opponent who can box and stick to his own game plan, he's going to look ordinary. We'll see what happens
Franchize
I think Bradley's one advantage is that It's been a while since Manny's had a brawl. I don't mean trading punches. It's been a while since Manny's been in a fight where their will be holding, pushing, shoving, smothering of punches and of course headbutts. I think Bradley's best chance is to do to Manny what Hatton did to Tszyu. If Bradley stays on the outside, I think Manny will beat that bowling ball head like a drum. He's going to look like Martin Lawrence vs Tommy Hearns

daprofessor
i've been saying it for quite some time....bradley will beat pac. now i'm just praying for a cotto win. laugh.gif
mgrover
pac wins UD or TKO.
Hotsauce
we might see pacquiao/marquez 4
MaxPayne
I don't believe Bradley can win a decision against Pacquiao, because dumbass judges go off on stuff like "Effective Aggression"...what the fuck is that even ?

The only way Bradley can win a decision is to actually drop Pacquiao 2-3 times in the fight. He doesn't have the power to do that, but to C's point, if he can time his shots and catch Pacquiao off-balance, which he does do a lot, then he might be able to score a knockdown, although I wouldn't bet on it.

I think that a JMM situation is possible where Pacquiao wins a decision even though he got out-boxed.

The one issue here though, is that Bradley doesn't have the southpaw killer: a great straight right hand.

Cshel86
QUOTE (mitukczuk @ Feb 1 2012, 03:31 PM) *
However I must admit he is one of those better seasoned "youngsters" out there.

That's a great way of putting it, and I totally agree. I cant imagine some of these other young guys in this position.

QUOTE (Franchize @ Feb 1 2012, 04:41 PM) *
It's been a while since Manny's been in a fight where their will be holding, pushing, shoving, smothering of punches and of course headbutts.

That's what he has to do...make Pacquiao uncomfortable on the inside. We've seen him uncomfortable on the outside.

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Feb 1 2012, 05:07 PM) *
i've been saying it for quite some time....bradley will beat pac. now i'm just praying for a cotto win. laugh.gif

I just gonna start listening to your ass from now on laugh.gif Seems like the minute I decide not to, I end up being wrong.
mrchitown
I think Pacquio will win a close decision but I'm not ruling Bradley out. I think his movement coupled with the body work that he puts in will be a huge factor for Pacquio in this fight. If Bradley had some more pop in his hands then i think he'd win. Either way, I think Bradley pushes Pacquio and we will hear more whispers of his decline
Sunni6Killer
The billy goat by close decision.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Franchize @ Feb 1 2012, 04:41 PM) *
I think Bradley's one advantage is that It's been a while since Manny's had a brawl. I don't mean trading punches. It's been a while since Manny's been in a fight where their will be holding, pushing, shoving, smothering of punches and of course headbutts. I think Bradley's best chance is to do to Manny what Hatton did to Tszyu. If Bradley stays on the outside, I think Manny will beat that bowling ball head like a drum. He's going to look like Martin Lawrence vs Tommy Hearns

maybe i missed the fights u guys speak of...but i don't ever recall bradley holding, pushing, shoving or smothering. which bouts are speaking on?
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 1 2012, 06:26 PM) *
I just gonna start listening to your ass from now on laugh.gif Seems like the minute I decide not to, I end up being wrong.

thumbsup_anim.gif
Cshel86
QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Feb 1 2012, 06:10 PM) *
we might see pacquiao/marquez 4

That sounds like the only logical fight...translation: money fight.

QUOTE (MaxPayne @ Feb 1 2012, 06:16 PM) *
I don't believe Bradley can win a decision against Pacquiao, because dumbass judges go off on stuff like "Effective Aggression"...what the fuck is that even ?

The only way Bradley can win a decision is to actually drop Pacquiao 2-3 times in the fight. He doesn't have the power to do that, but to C's point, if he can time his shots and catch Pacquiao off-balance, which he does do a lot, then he might be able to score a knockdown, although I wouldn't bet on it.

Yeah, that "effective aggression" is some bullshit. I found it hard how they called it effective aggression when Pac couldn't stop getting countered the whole time. He couldn't maintain the aggression.

If Bradley drops Pac once, or maybe even twice, then he doesn't have to do anything else right for the rest of this year. If he looks good losing, then hats off to him. It's not hard to catch Pacquiao off balance, hell, he's off balance most of the damn fight.
mgrover
so people are saying because pacman looked shit against a counter puncher, the best counter puncher from one country ever that bradley can do what marquez did? i guess bob arum isnt needed to hype thos up, its what you guys are for. people make it sound as if he cant throw punches, he slown down too much, i doubt bradley will be able to time pacman like marquez did, marquez perfected it over the course of three fights, mayweather does is over the course of 4-5 rounds usually, even less at times, bradley unfortunatley for arum isnt his new cash cow if he fights pac, funny how people write him off the instant he has a few bad performances,
HazConvictedFelonMane
Last night when I heard that it will most likely be Bradley (I'm not surprised), I began to flip a few scenarios through my head. Tim Bradley has long since had a hard on to fight Pacquiao. He's not showing up on that night to lose. He's coming to win that fight. I've studied many hours of film on the Pacman looking for some sort of weakness. I'm sure Tim Bradley and his team have done (or have been doing) the same. One thing that I saw that I'm pretty sure Bradley saw was the headclash followed by a left hook landed by Morales one of their fights. Bradley probably got a light bulb over his head when he saw that. He probably figures that he can catch Manny with a butt followed by a punch so the ruling on the cut could be fuzzy. They may not be able to tel if it was caused by a butt ir a punch. It can be made to look like it was caused by a punch if the cut starts bleeding after the left hook lands. If he opens up a cut (which he's almost certain to do), he can use his mobility to keep Pac at bay, while taking shots at that cut. If it's ruled to be caused by a punch, it would be an automatic TKO if the fight gets called. If it's ruled accidental, and Bradley has been outboxing Pacquiao, he could win a technical nod.

I'm not saying that this is certain to happen. I'm just telling you guys what I know Timothy Bradley knows. He knows these things and I wouldn't put anything past him. He has no loyalty to anyone but himself. He's using TR and TR is using him. Bradley's out for self and he's capable of trying to pull a major rabbit out of a hat to win this fight. I say fight gets called in the 11th round due to a cut, and we may get a majority technical draw. Depends on the ruling on the cut. Don't get it twisted...there will be a cut on Manny's head early in the fight. Most likely in that same spot where it was open in his last fight. Bradley's going to target that tissue with his head. I see a nasty bloody fight with a controversial ending. TMD [Technical Majority Draw] is my call in 11.
MaxPayne
Ok, this is the bullshit.

I've been watching a whole lot of Bradley fighting and let me just say this: it felt like fucking torture.

When I see Bradley "box" it feels like I'm watching an octopus swimming...he just keeps his head down and swings hooks. He doesn't REALLY have a jab and forget straight right hands.

His skill level is nowhere near where I thought it was. He's sort of quick and has half decent defense...but when you really watch, it's not like he's slipping punches or deftly picking off shots. He basically just ducks out of the way every now and then. I mean, there are some serious deficiencies to his game.

I can almost see why Amir Khan wanted to fight him, because you watch 30 seconds of tape on the guy and you already have a laundry list of things you could exploit.

Pacquiao is just on another level. When you put the aforementioned points together with the fact that the guy has 0 power, Pacman will eat this bitch up.
Hotsauce
lmao damn
mgrover
i think is pathetic if he bases his gameplan by cutting a guy through a headbutt, am surprised he hasnt had points deducted its happened so frequently.
Plah
I have Pac by UD. 8-4
MadFresh
Let's be honest here. Pac-Man will tear him a new one.
Cshel86
QUOTE (MaxPayne @ Feb 2 2012, 12:00 AM) *
Ok, this is the bullshit.

I've been watching a whole lot of Bradley fighting and let me just say this: it felt like fucking torture.

When I see Bradley "box" it feels like I'm watching an octopus swimming...he just keeps his head down and swings hooks. He doesn't REALLY have a jab and forget straight right hands.

His skill level is nowhere near where I thought it was. He's sort of quick and has half decent defense...but when you really watch, it's not like he's slipping punches or deftly picking off shots. He basically just ducks out of the way every now and then. I mean, there are some serious deficiencies to his game.

I can almost see why Amir Khan wanted to fight him, because you watch 30 seconds of tape on the guy and you already have a laundry list of things you could exploit.

Pacquiao is just on another level. When you put the aforementioned points together with the fact that the guy has 0 power, Pacman will eat this bitch up.

Yep, that's pretty much it Max. It's hard to sit through his fights, but I believe Pacquiao will force him to step the pace up more than he's willing to, whether he is competitively exchanging with Pac, or fighting for his life. He definitely has to be first with everything in this fight.

QUOTE (MadFresh @ Feb 2 2012, 09:43 AM) *
Let's be honest here. Pac-Man will tear him a new one.

Exactly! Arum knows Tim is no threat to Pac, that's why he's willing to put him in the ring with him. Seriously, he's going to hype Timmy up and make some money off of this fight, regardless. That's how Arum does, and as much as he chaps my ass, he does a great job at promoting these fights.
Hops
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 2 2012, 02:27 AM) *
Yeah, that "effective aggression" is some bullshit. I found it hard how they called it effective aggression when Pac couldn't stop getting countered the whole time. He couldn't maintain the aggression.

It's called effective aggression when you're putting marks on your opponents face. Sorry CShel86, Marquez, in trying to avoid getting knocked down, actually did so much less on the offense/damage department than what he was able to do in his first two fights against Pacquiao.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Hops @ Feb 2 2012, 10:14 AM) *
It's called effective aggression when you're putting marks on your opponents face. Sorry CShel86, Marquez, in trying to avoid getting knocked down, actually did so much less on the offense/damage department than what he was able to do in his first two fights against Pacquiao.

How was Pacquiao's "aggression" so effective, when he couldn't MAINTAIN it throughout the fight? He hesitated to just run through Marquez like he tried to do in the first fight, and parts of the rematch.

If I remember correctly, Pac was getting countered the whole night and was all off balance trying to land something meaningful. Sorry Hops, effective aggression is supposed to be maintained, and Pac failed to do so.
MaxPayne
QUOTE (Hops @ Feb 2 2012, 10:14 AM) *

By definition, "Effective Aggression" should mean something along the lines of, "you throw a lot more punches than your opponent, but also end up OUTLANDING your opponent".

You shouldn't get points to running after a guy throwing punches but catching nothing but thin air, because that just means the guy is defending perfectly. If anything, that's the definition of being outboxed.

According to Compubox in that fight, Pacquiao outlanded Marquez, but we all know that Compubox is a general reflection of the tide of the fight and cannot be a truly accurate measure of punches landed. While it's conceivable that Pacquiao landed more overall punches, I want you to watch the fight again, with no volume, and really score round by round and most people will agree that Marquez won that fight.

But once again, what the fuck is "Effective Aggression" as these fucks on HBO have defined it ? Nothing. Absolutely nothing.
Seek
Bradley is going to break that glass body of Pacquiao. Manny is also going to have a hard time getting in a rhythm. I really think this will be fairly competitive and turn out to be an exciting fight. Logical pick is Pacquiao by UD
Seek
QUOTE (Hops @ Feb 2 2012, 11:14 AM) *

Yeah i'm sure the judges are trained to judge the marks on the fighters face during the fight. That's fuckin brilliant! If you don't mind me asking, what boxing commission do you work for? Only an official like you could have such superb knowledge. I'm truly honored drinks.gif
checkleft
Bradley will get stopped or knocked out. He hasn't fought anyone half as good as pac, if he fights like he abregu he might make it out on his feet but not likely.
daprofessor
i think u guys are seriously underrating tim bradley. he is a solid fighter that is very capable of beating pac. i can't wait for this fight.
sduck
I got three things to say, Manny! Manny! Manny!
mgrover
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Feb 2 2012, 10:14 PM) *
i think u guys are seriously underrating tim bradley. he is a solid fighter that is very capable of beating pac. i can't wait for this fight.

i think your seriously overestimating him.
Cshel86
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Feb 2 2012, 05:14 PM) *

You speak highly of Bradley and Guerrero, but I'll more so take your word for Guerrero.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 2 2012, 09:42 PM) *
You speak highly of Bradley and Guerrero, but I'll more so take your word for Guerrero.

i was speaking on guerrero deserving the fight with floyd because i felt bad for the dude. laugh.gif

bradley has skills. he's going to beat pac. has this fight been made yet? let's run a sig bet.
daprofessor
QUOTE (mgrover @ Feb 2 2012, 07:53 PM) *
i think your seriously overestimating him.

bradley is an all around good fighter. he has very good defense....throws good punches. his only knock is that he doesn't have tremendous power but i don't think that's necessary to win fights. he knows how to fight.
Cshel86
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Feb 2 2012, 08:48 PM) *
i was speaking on guerrero deserving the fight with floyd because i felt bad for the dude. laugh.gif

bradley has skills. he's going to beat pac. has this fight been made yet? let's run a sig bet.

Aw damn Professor, I thought you were genuinely vouching for the guy...I didn't think you were doing it out of pity laugh.gif
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 2 2012, 09:54 PM) *
Aw damn Professor, I thought you were genuinely vouching for the guy...I didn't think you were doing it out of pity laugh.gif

i said he was deserving of the pay day. i didn't think he had a chance against mayweather. laugh.gif
Cshel86
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Feb 2 2012, 08:57 PM) *
i said he was deserving of the pay day. i didn't think he had a chance against mayweather. laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I believe Bradley starts too slow for Manny. He will have to get out of character to make an impact in this one.
Cshel86
QUOTE (MaxPayne @ Feb 2 2012, 01:34 PM) *
By definition, "Effective Aggression" should mean something along the lines of, "you throw a lot more punches than your opponent, but also end up OUTLANDING your opponent".

You shouldn't get points to running after a guy throwing punches but catching nothing but thin air, because that just means the guy is defending perfectly. If anything, that's the definition of being outboxed.

According to Compubox in that fight, Pacquiao outlanded Marquez, but we all know that Compubox is a general reflection of the tide of the fight and cannot be a truly accurate measure of punches landed. While it's conceivable that Pacquiao landed more overall punches, I want you to watch the fight again, with no volume, and really score round by round and most people will agree that Marquez won that fight.

But once again, what the fuck is "Effective Aggression" as these fucks on HBO have defined it ? Nothing. Absolutely nothing.

QUOTE (Seek @ Feb 2 2012, 02:18 PM) *
Yeah i'm sure the judges are trained to judge the marks on the fighters face during the fight. That's fuckin brilliant! If you don't mind me asking, what boxing commission do you work for? Only an official like you could have such superb knowledge. I'm truly honored drinks.gif

laugh.gif

Thank you!
DeeJay23
Im picking bradley in this one(if it happens)... if bradley fights like he did against lamont peterson he'll win... Pacquiao is overrated, the only thing he does is flurry and load up with the left hand...if bradley can stay away from the left hand and the flurries he'll outbox pac easy!
DubC
I don't see Timmy getting a KO, but this could be interesting...

I'm interested in seeing how Tim holds up in the fight and wondering if he can follow a gameplan, if he can effectively move to the left I think it will confuse Pac (again) but he also has to stay inside and rough up the body...I personally think if Bradley can follow the blueprints that have been laid out he will be successful in making it a competitive fight...

I don't think this fight will be pretty at all, but it should be fun to watch...

What's sad is if Bradley can't get a KO he won't win, I see a controversial decision in our future...Pac faces JMM\Peterson winner in Nov and possibly Canelo vs Mayweather...Pac and May won't happen in 2012, most likely mid 2013 when the dinosaur is ready to cash Pac out
DubC
Just curious who chose Bradley to win by KO AND WHY...

I'd almost be willing to eat my own shit if that were to happen O_O
checkleft
I believe Bradley can carry out a gameplan, the guys head is huge for a reason, its full of confidence. His drive and heart is what I admire the most about him but I still don't think he has the tools and ability to beat manny.
mgrover
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Feb 3 2012, 01:50 AM) *
bradley is an all around good fighter. he has very good defense....throws good punches. his only knock is that he doesn't have tremendous power but i don't think that's necessary to win fights. he knows how to fight.

a lot of manny opponents knew how to fight, and what happened to them, it think it plays out like the cotto fight, but without any Kds
Plah
QUOTE (DubC @ Feb 3 2012, 12:37 AM) *
Just curious who chose Bradley to win by KO AND WHY...

I'd almost be willing to eat my own shit if that were to happen O_O

Me too lol.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 2 2012, 10:03 PM) *
laugh.gif

I believe Bradley starts too slow for Manny. He will have to get out of character to make an impact in this one.

bradley too slow for pac!? we definitely need to bet on this one! smile.gif
daprofessor
QUOTE (mgrover @ Feb 3 2012, 05:14 AM) *
a lot of manny opponents knew how to fight, and what happened to them, it think it plays out like the cotto fight, but without any Kds

a lot of manny opponents were weight drained. (dlh, hatton, cotto, clottey, margarito)

a lot of manny opponents had trainer issues. (dlh, hatton, cotto, clottey, margarito)

a lot of manny opponents were coming off of recent beatdowns. (hatton, cotto, margarito, shane)

bradley doesn't fit into any of those categories.

i'm sorry...i'm not drinking the pacquiao kool-aid. his blazing trail has been smoke and mirrors. when he faces opponents on equal terms...we get pac/jmm 1,2,3. he'll be facing bradley on equal terms. (i hope.)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.