Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Edwin Valero vs. Top Jr. Welterwieghts Of Today.
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Gambit808
So many fights i'd love to see with Valero against the opposition of today but if I had to choose a top 3 that would make for a barn burner then i would like to see:

Valero vs. Morales

Valero vs. Pacquiao

Valero vs. Rios

Your Thoughts & Picks.
mitukczuk
Damn i miss Edwin so much. What a beast !

I think he had the style to beat Pacquiao in his own game - punches in bunches. I think the fact he was a bit of a mental case would help him as well in that fight. He just didnt care.

Valero vs. young Morales maybe.

Valero vs. Rios ? Can't really tell, I have yet to see Brandon Rios fight. Shame on me !
Gambit808
QUOTE (mitukczuk @ Feb 3 2012, 02:02 PM) *
Damn i miss Edwin so much. What a beast !

I think he had the style to beat Pacquiao in his own game - punches in bunches. I think the fact he was a bit of a mental case would help him as well in that fight. He just didnt care.

Valero vs. young Morales maybe.

Valero vs. Rios ? Can't really tell, I have yet to see Brandon Rios fight. Shame on me !

yeah i should add a Young Morales lol, are those your top 3 as well?
mitukczuk
Well, not really but since you are looking for a barn-burner...do not forget to put Maidana into the mix. That would be an ultimate one !
daprofessor
QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Feb 3 2012, 02:58 PM) *
So many fights i'd love to see with Valero against the opposition of today but if I had to choose a top 3 that would make for a barn burner then i would like to see:

Valero vs. Morales

Valero vs. Pacquiao

Valero vs. Rios

Your Thoughts & Picks.

i had the honor of watching him do his thing in the gym and i can tell u he was a beast! i'd favor him over all the opponents mentioned...especially before his suspension. his defense and headmovement was great before he went to japan. he wasn't just a free swinging brawler.
Hittman25
valero i think would have lost two wars to manny and erik but i think he would work rios. If edwin was alive 135 140 would look way different. Reason why he loses to manny and erik is because i think erik would find his way like he does in any fight to rough you up and make you look stupid. Manny i think would just be way too fast 135 or 140 for valero even though he was fast and strong i just think manny at 135 140 is the fastest
bnoles4life
It would be fun while it lasted. I dunno...he "ate" too many punches for my liking. What gave me pause about Valero is, he'd likely fight Gamboa...who personally, I think could "off" his "on" switch quickly. I agree, though, BEAST!
daprofessor
QUOTE (Hittman25 @ Feb 3 2012, 06:28 PM) *
valero i think would have lost two wars to manny and erik but i think he would work rios. If edwin was alive 135 140 would look way different. Reason why he loses to manny and erik is because i think erik would find his way like he does in any fight to rough you up and make you look stupid. Manny i think would just be way too fast 135 or 140 for valero even though he was fast and strong i just think manny at 135 140 is the fastest

i couldn't get this link to work...

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4mfm7_er...ro-sparri_sport

but that is video of valero sparring with morales for the first pac/morales fight. he only had like 10 fights at the time if my memory serves me correctly. he came to this country very polished and had all the tools to beat both manny and erik imo. he got away from his defense when he went to japan and started to rely on his punching power. i think the only guys that would have gave him hell were guys like guzman or raheem because of their slickness. when asked...he felt guzman would be his toughest opponent. it's unfortunate that the boxing public was robbed of all these great matches because of arum. i believe he signed valero to protect his own interest more than anything.
Hotsauce
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Feb 3 2012, 08:25 PM) *
i couldn't get this link to work...

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4mfm7_er...ro-sparri_sport

but that is video of valero sparring with morales for the first pac/morales fight. he only had like 10 fights at the time if my memory serves me correctly. he came to this country very polished and had all the tools to beat both manny and erik imo. he got away from his defense when he went to japan and started to rely on his punching power. i think the only guys that would have gave him hell were guys like guzman or raheem because of their slickness. when asked...he felt guzman would be his toughest opponent. it's unfortunate that the boxing public was robbed of all these great matches because of arum. i believe he signed valero to protect his own interest more than anything.

thanks for the video
Hittman25
Thats sparring though not a real fight....i like edwins style but erik morales is just beyond skilled. Edwin could have beat pac I just think those would be wars and its a real toss up but he would have ran through rios
daprofessor
QUOTE (Hittman25 @ Feb 4 2012, 02:24 PM) *
Thats sparring though not a real fight....i like edwins style but erik morales is just beyond skilled. Edwin could have beat pac I just think those would be wars and its a real toss up but he would have ran through rios

yeah...in that sparring...it looked to me like valero was giving morales all he could handle and i thought valero was holding back out of respect. sometimes sparring is a very good indicator on how a match will go.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.