Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ugliest/Best fight you have seen.
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
mitukczuk
Hey guys,

As I was jogging today I was wrecking my brain trying to determine the best "looking", the ugliest and the most boring fight I have ever seen. Everyone judges fights differently so I would like to see one for the best/most one-sided or whatever you want to call it and one for the most boring and one for the ugliest with reasons why.

My picks are following -

Best - Floyd Mayweather vs. Arturo Gatti - The most outstanding display of pure boxing ability ever imo. Outclass...well...Outeverything.

Boring - Sugar Shane Mosley vs. Sergio Mora - Terrible, Terrible, Terrible. I have never liked Mosley's style, I have never liked Mora's style = Torture. They shouldn't have fought each other. Period.

Ugliest - Floyd Mayweather vs. Ricky Hatton - Ricky was self-destructing himself throughout the whole bout and his style was in my opinion just terrible to watch. On the other hand, Floyd even though he won couldnt seem to establish his rhythm (Thanks to Ricky's aggression) and wasn't as impressive to watch as usual. Although the KD "Head to post" is easily one of the best ever.

So there you have it. Double Floyd fight is pure coincidence. I am a fan of his, but open-minded enough ;-)
Box in Hand
Best- Hopkins vs. Trinidad. Complete shutdown of a world class champion. I can watch this one everyday.

Most Boring, Ugliest- Hopkins vs. Jones 2. Happened about 10 years to late. So bad it wins in two categories.
mgrover
james toney vs evander holyfield, he lost he first rounds but toney dominated after that, sure holyfield was old but it was one of the best boxing displays id seen.

most boring id have to agree with you mora mosley was terrible. or pac mosley

ugliest? hopkins jones 2 definitely, not that it was late, but it just didn't live up to the first.
daprofessor
castillo/corrales 1 is the best. both were highly skilled and evenly matched. (i don't like mismatches.)

ugliest...depends on what u mean by ugly. i thought vasquez/marquez was hard to watch because neither guy had much defense and it was rock'em sock'em robots. i think they both shortened their careers in those fights. also...i thought chris byrd/monte barret was hard to watch as well. that fight had zero action and u could tell that neither guy wanted to hurt the other. just plain wrong. the matchmaker and promoter both should have been shot in that one.
Cshel86
Best:

Ortiz/Maidana: This fight still does it for me. I had no idea who Maidana was before this fight, but I made it my business to watch some clips of him. I had Ortiz with the fight in the bag, but seeing who got the worse of the shared knockdowns in the first round, told the story.

Trinidad/Vargas: Do I have to explain this one?

JMM/Diaz 1: I truly felt like I got my money's worth with this fight, and the shit was free laugh.gif Yet another classic display of boxing skills by Marquez against a young bull who never thought to back down.

Boring:

Pacquiao/Clottey: Do I need to explain?

Ugly:

Freitas/Barrios: Man these guys were dishing some serious shit out, but Barrios got the worst of it, OFTEN. I was wondering how long they were gonna let it go, and it's clear that Barrios was dead on his feet but still fighting like a mad man. Those last couple of knockdowns warranted a gurney along with a crew of paramedics, and Im still baffled at how Barrios attempted to continue.

Cotto/Margarito 1: The feeling I had in that fight has yet to leave, and I still feel it everytime I watch it. Of course I was drunk out of mind when I ordered it that night. I had Cotto winning the first 5-6 rounds comfortably, not truly noticing how much he was getting hit...then the 7th round came and shit got real. I sobered up for the remaining rounds and was glued to the tv...it was almost equivalent to watching the Titanic sink...no matter how many times I watch it, it still bothers the shit outta me.
bnoles4life
Anything w/ John Ruiz
Cshel86
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Feb 3 2012, 10:05 PM) *
Anything w/ John Ruiz

Im assuming that the word "ugly" is supposed to follow...
wolterb

THE recent BEST: Pawel V. Rodriguez, Hopkins v. Pavlik, Pacqiuao v. Marquez II, Andre Ward V. Carl Froch

THE recent BORING: Jermain Taylor v. Jessie Nicklow, (take a cue from shell) Pacqiuao v. Clottey

and

THE recent UGLY: Hopkins/Pascal fights, Timothy Bradley v. Devon Alexander, Peterson V. Khan

-- -----------------------

VINTAGE UGLY: Chuck Wepner V. Muhammad Ali, Evander Holyfield V. Riddick Bowe I and II
Cshel86
Best: Mayweather/Corley

Boring: Mayweather/Baldomir

Ugly: Cotto/Judah...this was a "good ugly", by the way.
BoxingStill#1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 3 2012, 08:43 PM) *
Best:

Ortiz/Maidana: This fight still does it for me. I had no idea who Maidana was before this fight, but I made it my business to watch some clips of him. I had Ortiz with the fight in the bag, but seeing who got the worse of the shared knockdowns in the first round, told the story.

Trinidad/Vargas: Do I have to explain this one?

JMM/Diaz 1: I truly felt like I got my money's worth with this fight, and the shit was free laugh.gif Yet another classic display of boxing skills by Marquez against a young bull who never thought to back down.

Boring:

Pacquiao/Clottey: Do I need to explain?

Ugly:

Freitas/Barrios: Man these guys were dishing some serious shit out, but Barrios got the worst of it, OFTEN. I was wondering how long they were gonna let it go, and it's clear that Barrios was dead on his feet but still fighting like a mad man. Those last couple of knockdowns warranted a gurney along with a crew of paramedics, and Im still baffled at how Barrios attempted to continue.

Cotto/Margarito 1: The feeling I had in that fight has yet to leave, and I still feel it everytime I watch it. Of course I was drunk out of mind when I ordered it that night. I had Cotto winning the first 5-6 rounds comfortably, not truly noticing how much he was getting hit...then the 7th round came and shit got real. I sobered up for the remaining rounds and was glued to the tv...it was almost equivalent to watching the Titanic sink...no matter how many times I watch it, it still bothers the shit outta me.

The worst night ever in boxing for me my dude...

My emotions ranged from enraged, heart broken, and confused..lls..

Before the fight was over I was cleaning spaghetti sauce off my tv screen...

Though it was had to tell the difference between the sauce and his face..

I knew that fight was all wrong for him before they even signed it..
Cshel86
QUOTE (BoxingStill#1 @ Feb 4 2012, 09:07 PM) *
The worst night ever in boxing for me my dude...

My emotions ranged from enraged, heart broken, and confused..lls..

Before the fight was over I was cleaning spaghetti sauce off my tv screen...

Though it was had to tell the difference between the sauce and his face..

I knew that fight was all wrong for him before they even signed it..

laugh.gif

Hope you're not eating spaghetti tonight! That first Cotto/Margarito fight was a travesty, so say the least. I actually thought Cotto had a chance, but I immediately looked back at how Margarito handled Cintron just months before that.
mitukczuk
Mhm...Trinidad/Vargas. I almost forgot about that one. Good choice. Vargas was involved in a few memorable fights...

Totally agree on Cotto/Margarito being an ugly fight. But not as ugly as...kind of heart breaking. I don't know how he does it, but Cotto just brings out that empathic side out of you. Seeing him broken like that was terrible..
Cshel86
Damn guys, I didn't mean to start the "Cotto Heartbreaker Foundation" laugh.gif He's the toughest dude in the sport, but for some odd reason, he has that affect on people...that makes you feel bad for 'em when he's losing a fight.

mitukczuk
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 5 2012, 11:30 AM) *
Damn guys, I didn't mean to start the "Cotto Heartbreaker Foundation" laugh.gif He's the toughest dude in the sport, but for some odd reason, he has that affect on people...that makes you feel bad for 'em when he's losing a fight.

lol.

He is tough, but we - his fans are not !
wolterb
QUOTE (mitukczuk @ Feb 5 2012, 01:24 PM) *
lol.

lol!

Both fans of, and Cotto himself ARE humble, though! THATS a fact! lol
Plah
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 5 2012, 11:30 AM) *

Hahahaha
Cshel86
QUOTE (mitukczuk @ Feb 5 2012, 01:24 PM) *

What a sad truth this has become...
Cshel86
Did I mention how ugly the DeMarco/Linares fight was? Jesus! Im watching it again, as I do at least once every other week. Linares took it like a man, but damn...it had that whole "Cotto/Margarito drastic turn of events"...
jrosales13
The best fight I have ever seen is a tough one. I seen lots of great fights. If I just can name just one fight then I will go with Corrales-Castillo.

Most boring fight I have seen not sure...Floyd-Baldomir comes to mind. But, I'm sure I seen fights that were more boring than that.

Ugliest fight I have seen would go Gainer-Norwood.
Cshel86
QUOTE (jrosales13 @ Feb 14 2012, 03:07 AM) *
Most boring fight I have seen not sure...Floyd-Baldomir comes to mind. But, I'm sure I seen fights that were more boring than that.

I agree, and now you've got me thinking about another boring fight. laugh.gif

Do anybody believe the Katsidis/Casamayor fight was ugly?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.