Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HBO@10PM(ET)/7PM(PT)-Chavez Jr. vs. Rubio: SPOILERS 15 Mins. Later
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
bnoles4life
Uuuuuh....Rubio, ever think to, I dunno..throw the straight right?
Hotsauce
daddy is worried
Cshel86
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Feb 5 2012, 12:09 AM) *
Uuuuuh....Rubio, ever think to, I dunno..throw the straight right?

Check your PM...
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Feb 5 2012, 01:10 AM) *
daddy is worried

Daddy looks like Mickey Rourke in Once Upon A Time in Mexico
Box in Hand
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Feb 4 2012, 11:06 PM) *
Yeah, I wanted to see Nick Deez!!!! No, you're not missin' shit in this fight...to be honest, the only reason I'm watchin' this shit is to make funny ass comments w/ the rest of these loons!!! LOL

Ok I'm streaming the fight now as well and wow Jr. looks like he is going through some shit in between rounds. Sr. running to the corner looking weird as shit with the tux and bandana. Wow!
TacomaBoy253
Yawwwwnnnnn @ main event
Cshel86
Man these ninja turtle headbands are killin' me laugh.gif
Box in Hand
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Feb 4 2012, 11:11 PM) *
Daddy looks like Mickey Rourke in Once Upon A Time in Mexico

Dude you just made boogers come out of my nose with that one.
Box in Hand
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 4 2012, 11:14 PM) *
Man these ninja turtle headbands are killin' me laugh.gif

LMFAO!
Cshel86
Why couldn't Chavez Jr. stayed detained? Im sure his corner believes he sucks, but the money behind his name is hard to resist.
Hotsauce
that was a great round
pimpfighterROQ
Dont lift them up, they didnt do shit...
Cshel86
Surely Rubio doesn't think he won...
pimpfighterROQ
Yawn...
Cshel86
Chavez by UD...go figure.
Hotsauce
is he gon fight martinez though?
pimpfighterROQ
You better bet he'll go drinking tonight biggrin.gif
pimpfighterROQ
Martinez will blast this boy
Cshel86
QUOTE (pimpfighterROQ @ Feb 5 2012, 12:25 AM) *
You better bet he'll go drinking tonight biggrin.gif

If nothing else is certain, this is...
Cshel86
QUOTE (pimpfighterROQ @ Feb 5 2012, 12:27 AM) *
Martinez will blast this boy

Martinez will have his hands full also. The weight may be an issue. Chavez may be a big dumbass in the ring, but he's still a big guy. If Sergio is proactive, then he'll have success. If not, then he will have to deal with this jolly green giant for 12 rounds.
Hotsauce
when is the next fight on hbo?
The Original MrFactor
Chavez Sr. needs to give Jeff Goldblum his son back. There needs to be a DNA test to make sure Jr is his. They look nothing alike. Tonights fight looked like Jeff Goldblum Jr vs Dabney Coleman Jr. This fight sucked. Chavez just needs to fight Martinez. Margarito would be another guy thats too small for him. Its probably already locked down as to margarito being his next opponent. There is no way Arum lets Jeff Goldblum Jr fight Martinez. And Cotto is just way too small for him. You have to ask the question, at what point will Mexicans demand that Chavez fight someone who matters? How can one be called a true Mexican warrior and you dont even seek out a match with the best guy in you division whose belt you were handed. Mexican's rise up!!
bnoles4life
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Feb 5 2012, 01:40 AM) *
Chavez Sr. needs to give Jeff Goldblum his son back. There needs to be a DNA test to make sure Jr is his. They look nothing alike. Tonights fight looked like Jeff Goldblum Jr vs Dabney Coleman Jr. This fight sucked. Chavez just needs to fight Martinez. Margarito would be another guy thats too small for him. Its probably already locked down as to margarito being his next opponent. There is no way Arum lets Jeff Goldblum Jr fight Martinez. And Cotto is just way too small for him. You have to ask the question, at what point will Mexicans demand that Chavez fight someone who matters? How can one be called a true Mexican warrior and you dont even seek out a match with the best guy in you division whose belt you were handed. Mexican's rise up!!

lol!!!!!!!!
Cshel86
Chavez and Ariza look like Jeff Goldblum! laugh.gif Too funny Factor!
Hotsauce
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Feb 5 2012, 01:40 AM) *

stevemaxboxing Steve Kim
Arum also wants to do Chavez-Margarito later this year #boxing
Seek
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 5 2012, 12:33 AM) *
Okay c'mon Rubio...don't be a bitch tonight, and end up laying down for this waste of sperm!

Lol are you sure you aint a fag bro? First u talk about my nuts on mutiple occasions and now you're concerned about Chavez Sr. Sperm?

.....pretty gay
Jack 1000
All things considered, that was a great fight! Rubio did not do enough 116-112 Chavez. Open Scoring in any form needs to die as I have said many times. However, I have seen Texas go against ABC rules on a few occasions. Did not see Roach communicating with the WBC rep after round 8 though. Open Scoring confuses the issues and boxing commissions throughout the world should nullify it before ALL WBC title fights.

Jack
Plah
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Feb 5 2012, 03:25 AM) *
All things considered, that was a great fight! Rubio did not do enough 116-112 Chavez. Open Scoring in any form needs to die as I have said many times. However, I have seen Texas go against ABC rules on a few occasions. Did not see Roach communicating with the WBC rep after round 8 though. Open Scoring confuses the issues and boxing commissions throughout the world should nullify it before ALL WBC title fights.

Jack

I really think open scoring is pretty good. That way you don't get to see any shady/corrupt scorecard. I may be wrong though.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Seek @ Feb 5 2012, 02:00 AM) *
Lol are you sure you aint a fag bro? First u talk about my nuts on mutiple occasions and now you're concerned about Chavez Sr. Sperm?

.....pretty gay

LOL, Nah Seek...what's suspect, is how you only made two bullshit posts on the first page, and out of ALL the posts on this thread...you decided to respond to mine at the end. Irony? glare.gif

Oh yeah, could you please refrain from using words like "fag". Believe it or not (and thankfully in your case), there are smarter ways of saying shit that makes you look stupid...as if you haven't already accomplished that.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 4 2012, 09:24 PM) *
Drunk already Cheesey???

I was. I had been drinking all day and watching the Africa Cup of Nations matches (big up Harlem Lanes on Adam Clayton Powell Blvd. and 126th if anyone's in the area - they're also having a super bowl thing today, as well as the other quarter final matches from the AFCON. Ghana FTW!!!).
I ended up passing out and missed the HBO fights.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Feb 5 2012, 10:17 AM) *
I ended up passing out and missed the HBO fights.

Why wasn't I fortunate enough to follow suit?
Seek
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 5 2012, 10:53 AM) *
LOL, Nah Seek...what's suspect, is how you only made two bullshit posts on the first page, and out of ALL the posts on this thread...you decided to respond to mine at the end. Irony? glare.gif

Oh yeah, could you please refrain from using words like "fag". Believe it or not (and thankfully in your case), there are smarter ways of saying shit that makes you look stupid...as if you haven't already accomplished that.

I just found it a little pathetic that a grown man like yourself, who averages 30 posts a day, picks on little girls online, gets drunk while talkin shit about a world champ and acts as if he is being clever Now thats ironic considering you are talking about waste of sperm. Wow still cant believe ur talking about another mans sperm LOL ive realized all of the above is to be expected from you. Thought id bust ur chops n call u a bitch for it is all. No hard feelings though Shelly
Cshel86
QUOTE (Seek @ Feb 5 2012, 11:32 AM) *
I just found it a little pathetic that a grown man like yourself, who averages 30 posts a day, picks on little girls online, gets drunk while talkin shit about a world champ and acts as if he is being clever Now thats ironic considering you are talking about waste of sperm. Wow still cant believe ur talking about another mans sperm LOL ive realized all of the above is to be expected from you. Thought id bust ur chops n call u a bitch for it is all. No hard feelings though Shelly

www.seekneedsaman.com

Since I apparently I have no life and post about 30 times a day, I will go out of my way and direct you to this website, in all hopes that you will cease your chase for my attention.

Dont worry about what the hell I do or say, point is, you haven't contributed shit to this thread but direct your attention towards me. You can say whatever you wanna say around here, until I grow tired of it. In this case, you fit the description. NOW, if you dont have a worthy contribution to this thread, then by all means, get tha fuck outta here.

Please dont speak of busting chops...trust me, you wont win this one. If you feel the need to go out in a blaze of glory, then help yourself before I do it for you.
wolterb
Chavez Jr. looked like he took two steps back from his last outing. That last fight he had we saw him upright, using that jab, and circling.

Tonight? Bent over like a sniffing dog eating uppercuts, jabs and hooks just to land one of his body shots. How can a dude outweighing his opponents CONSIDERABLY, EVERY TIME HE FIGHTS, walk out of the arena with a swollen face? Dah! Spilled milk...no big deal. Not gonna invest any thought into Chavez EVER fighting credibly, fighting credible opponents.

I thought the Donaire fight made the night...certainly overshadowed the main event - at least the competitors looked to be of similar size. Appeared to me that Donaire gassed out. Wish he'd stick to pure boxing. That monkey-man, leap punch shit looks kinda cool - it'd look a whole lot cooler if he could pull it off without having a blown up face after the fight.

I've just got around to seeing Donaire fight, finally...his past two (including last night's) i've seen. I do like him - but, he has this flaw where if you can't knock your opponent out, it is your opponent's fault for using their feet and so resort to clowning around and firing power punches sporadically while landing minimally. Oh yeah, and look visibly frustrated.

If Donaire learned how to adequately cut the ring off, or just polished up his footwork so he could stay on balance as he moves with his opponent he coulda finished Vasquez off easy!

P.S. did anyone else hear Merchant admire Rubio's mustache, and then Lampley agreeing and stating "It is devastating." Lol!
Seek
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 5 2012, 12:53 PM) *
www.seekneedsaman.com

Since I apparently I have no life and post about 30 times a day, I will go out of my way and direct you to this website, in all hopes that you will cease your chase for my attention.

Dont worry about what the hell I do or say, point is, you haven't contributed shit to this thread but direct your attention towards me. You can say whatever you wanna say around here, until I grow tired of it. In this case, you fit the description. NOW, if you dont have a worthy contribution to this thread, then by all means, get tha fuck outta here.

Please dont speak of busting chops...trust me, you wont win this one. If you feel the need to go out in a blaze of glory, then help yourself before I do it for you.

Like i mentioned no hard feelings. Its clear as day what you're made of. Power tripping nerd who cant take it when someone calls him out on what you would call a life or lack thereof. Try taking the criticism like a man and get over it. I didnt expect you to come out threatening to ban me. Again i guess that should have been expected. You talk shit to others and flip out when you feel cornered. Wouldnt want the others to see you being punked online and outted for the loser youve become or always have been. Come on Shelly....suck it up bro for real lol if u cant take it, quit dishing it out.
BoxingStill#1
QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Feb 5 2012, 01:15 AM) *
stevemaxboxing Steve Kim
Arum also wants to do Chavez-Margarito later this year #boxing

Is this according to your sources?

Lmao.. joke joke...hahaha

Im sure he does. Which leads me painfully to my next thought

I did hear Chavez mention Margs somwhere in between Cotto and Martinez....

A. Who the fuck would want to fight a man who has clearly been stripped of all his glory and has been caught cheating?
B. Who the fuck would want to fight a Man who has lost 3 out of his last 4 outtings after that?

If the fight were to be made it would be his 3rd title shot !!!!!!!

My point is something is going on in Top Ranks camp... Arum is somehow brain washing this kid into believing Margs is a good career move...

Saddest part is Margs would like beat him... 180lbs or not
Cshel86
QUOTE (wolterb @ Feb 5 2012, 12:12 PM) *
I've just got around to seeing Donaire fight, finally...his past two (including last night's) i've seen. I do like him - but, he has this flaw where if you can't knock your opponent out, it is your opponent's fault for using their feet and so resort to clowning around and firing power punches sporadically while landing minimally. Oh yeah, and look visibly frustrated.

Your whole post was on point, but this part stuck out for me. I thought I was the only one that noticed Donaire's attitude as of late. He did look frustrated last night, but he'll have his hands full with naturally bigger fighter, with consistent defense, and sticks his jab with confidence while following up a bit better.

Translation, a guy that's a tad bit better than Vasquez, will put him to shame. Vasquez was able to survive his onslaught and make Donaire think further than what he's used to thinking. He missed a lot of punches when he had WV2 hurt in the corner, which was not a great sign.

That frustration shit has to go. He needs to realize that he cant knock everybody out within 4-5 rounds, and usually fighters spoil themselves with this mindset.
Seek
Here's my contribution to the thread almighty Shelly the bitch.

Vasquez had one of the best jabs ive seen in a while. Though i dont recall Nonito having very effective head movement. I think Vasquez fought a good fight, but if he wanted to win he needed to press much sooner n harder, ofc that would create a bigger risk.of being put away by Nonito. He hit that boy hard. Good win for Nonito but im worried for him if he fights Rigondeaux. That fight is a toss up in my eyes. Even with Rigon being so much smaller, hes got the best defense, best footwork and iq out there right now.

Chavez Jr had a good win as well. Rubio took his punches well. Im most impressed with Chavez Jr man handling Rubio around ths ring. He didnt give him any space or room to generate power which was smart. Rubio right hand was nowhere to be seen. He should have apun off the ropes vmore and create space but.understandable why he disnt due to Chavez size and strength. I think Chavez Jr is still improving and will give Martinez all he can handle IF he cuts the bullshit drinking and fuckin around during camp.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Seek @ Feb 5 2012, 12:20 PM) *
Like i mentioned no hard feelings. Its clear as day what you're made of. Power tripping nerd who cant take it when someone calls him out on what you would call a life or lack thereof. Try taking the criticism like a man and get over it. I didnt expect you to come out threatening to ban me. Again i guess that should have been expected. You talk shit to others and flip out when you feel cornered. Wouldnt want the others to see you being punked online and outted for the loser youve become or always have been. Come on Shelly....suck it up bro for real lol if u cant take it, quit dishing it out.

bye.gif
wolterb
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 5 2012, 12:30 PM) *
Your whole post was on point, but this part stuck out for me. I thought I was the only one that noticed Donaire's attitude as of late. He did look frustrated last night, but he'll have his hands full with naturally bigger fighter, with consistent defense, and sticks his jab with confidence while following up a bit better.

Translation, a guy that's a tad bit better than Vasquez, will put him to shame. Vasquez was able to survive his onslaught and make Donaire think further than what he's used to thinking. He missed a lot of punches when he had WV2 hurt in the corner, which was not a great sign.

That frustration shit has to go. He needs to realize that he cant knock everybody out within 4-5 rounds, and usually fighters spoil themselves with this mindset.

Exactly. Call it a superman complex - Martinez displayed the same thing in the Barker fight...Plah alluded to that earlier in the thread. Shit, Pacqiuao's last few fights (disregarding the margorito beatdown) resembled that sort of thing: "He didn't want to fight me. I had to chase him around the ring..." Well shit, man! Hit the gym and learn to be mobile with that power! Lol...I'll stop berating them.
Box in Hand
QUOTE (wolterb @ Feb 5 2012, 11:12 AM) *
Chavez Jr. looked like he took two steps back from his last outing. That last fight he had we saw him upright, using that jab, and circling.

Tonight? Bent over like a sniffing dog eating uppercuts, jabs and hooks just to land one of his body shots. How can a dude outweighing his opponents CONSIDERABLY, EVERY TIME HE FIGHTS, walk out of the arena with a swollen face? Dah! Spilled milk...no big deal. Not gonna invest any thought into Chavez EVER fighting credibly, fighting credible opponents.

I thought the Donaire fight made the night...certainly overshadowed the main event - at least the competitors looked to be of similar size. Appeared to me that Donaire gassed out. Wish he'd stick to pure boxing. That monkey-man, leap punch shit looks kinda cool - it'd look a whole lot cooler if he could pull it off without having a blown up face after the fight.

If Donaire learned how to adequately cut the ring off, or just polished up his footwork so he could stay on balance as he moves with his opponent he coulda finished Vasquez off easy!

P.S. did anyone else hear Merchant admire Rubio's mustache, and then Lampley agreeing and stating "It is devastating." Lol!

Like I said I missed the fights to watch the UFC last night but wow! A fucking devastating mustache???? I also heard one of the announcers had on female glasses??? WTF? LMFAO.
Jack 1000
No Post-fight drug test and open scoring (shown to corners) in vilation of Unified boxing rules. Rubio is going to protest:

http://www.badlefthook.com/2012/2/5/277345...hbo-boxing-news

Jack
BoxingStill#1
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Feb 5 2012, 04:24 PM) *
No Post-fight drug test and open scoring (shown to corners) in vilation of Unified boxing rules. Rubio is going to protest:

Jack

Wow.....

I was thinking that... clearly they were still in the United States, and for the WBO title... how did they get away with avoiding the unified rules?
Box in Hand
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Feb 5 2012, 03:24 PM) *

Jack

He should and the fight should be ruled a no-contest with an immediate rematch. Jose Sulamain says they forgot to test which is a load of crap and the most unprofessional response ever heard from a supposed sanctioning body.
Jack 1000
QUOTE (BoxingStill#1 @ Feb 5 2012, 03:42 PM) *
Wow.....

I was thinking that... clearly they were still in the United States, and for the WBO title... how did they get away with avoiding the unified rules?

It's confusing. I have seen Texas violate ABC rules in the past.

At the WBC convention, a resolution was passed that said if a commission disallowed open scoring, the scores would be privately shown to the corners after round 4 and 8 by the WBC rep. (Which is what happened here.) The Association of Boxing Commissions said ANY form of open scoring would be rejected by them, and that anyone who tried to communicate the scores to the fighters in an ABC fight, (where unified rules prevail.) would be removed from ringside until the fight concluded.

I have contacted the ABC President with regard to why open scoring was used in the WBC fight last night. We have an excellent rapport communicating with each other, so I am waiting to see what he says. I will let you guys know.

Obviously the non-drug testing "We forgot" response by Jose Sulaiman is an absolute outrage and pure bullshit. What is this than anything more to protect their "Baby Boy?" Seriously, it is time to escort Jose Sulaiman and Bob Arum out of boxing. This would lesson the monopolistic structure that promoters and sanctioning bodies have over fights and fighters and allow for a fairer and more equal distribution of power among fighters and commissions.

Who died and made The Texas Deportment of Licensing and Regulation King enough to overturn boxing rules? This commission headed by Dickie Cole, (father of Laurence Cole) has a controversial past as it is. Serious consequences should come down if we don't start getting some straight and satisfactory answers.

Jack
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 5 2012, 11:23 AM) *
Why wasn't I fortunate enough to follow suit?

Ha!!!
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Feb 5 2012, 04:58 PM) *
It's confusing. I have seen Texas violate ABC rules in the past.

At the WBC convention, a resolution was passed that said if a commission disallowed open scoring, the scores would be privately shown to the corners after round 4 and 8 by the WBC rep. (Which is what happened here.) The Association of Boxing Commissions said ANY form of open scoring would be rejected by them, and that anyone who tried to communicate the scores to the fighters in an ABC fight, (where unified rules prevail.) would be removed from ringside until the fight concluded.

I have contacted the ABC President with regard to why open scoring was used in the WBC fight last night. We have an excellent rapport communicating with each other, so I am waiting to see what he says. I will let you guys know.

Obviously the non-drug testing "We forgot" response by Jose Sulaiman is an absolute outrage and pure bullshit. What is this than anything more to protect their "Baby Boy?" Seriously, it is time to escort Jose Sulaiman and Bob Arum out of boxing. This would lesson the monopolistic structure that promoters and sanctioning bodies have over fights and fighters and allow for a fairer and more equal distribution of power among fighters and commissions.

Who died and made The Texas Deportment of Licensing and Regulation King enough to overturn boxing rules? This commission headed by Dickie Cole, (father of Laurence Cole) has a controversial past as it is. Serious consequences should come down if we don't start getting some straight and satisfactory answers.

Jack

Not to get political, but any state that can elect Rick Perry as their governor probably doesn't care about being fair.
Hotsauce
QUOTE (BoxingStill#1 @ Feb 5 2012, 01:29 PM) *
Is this according to your sources?
Lmao.. joke joke...hahaha

Im sure he does. Which leads me painfully to my next thought

I did hear Chavez mention Margs somwhere in between Cotto and Martinez....

A. Who the fuck would want to fight a man who has clearly been stripped of all his glory and has been caught cheating?
B. Who the fuck would want to fight a Man who has lost 3 out of his last 4 outtings after that?

If the fight were to be made it would be his 3rd title shot !!!!!!!

My point is something is going on in Top Ranks camp... Arum is somehow brain washing this kid into believing Margs is a good career move...

Saddest part is Margs would like beat him... 180lbs or not

lmao!!!
BoxingStill#1
QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Feb 5 2012, 08:00 PM) *
lmao!!!

Lls... figured you'd enjoy that
Cshel86
QUOTE (wolterb @ Feb 5 2012, 01:29 PM) *
Exactly. Call it a superman complex - Martinez displayed the same thing in the Barker fight...Plah alluded to that earlier in the thread. Shit, Pacqiuao's last few fights (disregarding the margorito beatdown) resembled that sort of thing: "He didn't want to fight me. I had to chase him around the ring..." Well shit, man! Hit the gym and learn to be mobile with that power! Lol...I'll stop berating them.

+1

Again, some of these guys spoil themselves with these early KOs and actually expect it to happen in every fight. I just knew that after the knockdown Donaire scored, followed by the failed attempt to stop him...I was sure that he was going to come up with an excuse as to why he couldn't get him outta there. I

In this case, he had a pretty good reason (injured hand), and gladly, he didn't start downing his opponent. Im telling you, anybody with solid fundamentals (who can stick to them), and the ability to survive his offense...will always give him a run for his money. Good job for Vasquez, because I actually thought he was gonna get laid out.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.