Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Is Cotto Mayweather going to be a double header?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
BoxingStill#1
I know the world is looking to see if Canelo is going to fight Mosely, but I personally believe there may be other fights that could be made that could create more interest..

What could it be and do you have any suggestions?

How about:

Canelo Ortiz? - weight may be an issue, but im certain it could be worked out

Ortiz Mosely?- a redemption fight

Ortiz Peterson?- come on folkes this one is sure for fireworks

Peterson Marquez?- WOW

Marquez Khan- id love to see him wipe Khan out of our minds

Khan Ortiz- winner gets a shot at Floyed if negotiations fall through once more??

Sky is the limit
mitukczuk
These are pretty good suggestions.

In my opinion though, Peterson isn't anything special. He had a somewhat controversial win against Khan (And don't get me wrong, it was one of the most satisfying moments seeing Khan without the belts) but other than that...kind of "meh".

I would like to see Ortiz vs Canelo. I don't think the weight would be an issue as Ortiz is more or less a natural jr. middle anyway.

Khan vs Ortiz - good.

Ortiz - Mosley - good as well.
iKeNjiro
QUOTE (BoxingStill#1 @ Feb 6 2012, 05:02 PM) *
I know the world is looking to see if Canelo is going to fight Mosely, but I personally believe there may be other fights that could be made that could create more interest..

What could it be and do you have any suggestions?

How about:

Canelo Ortiz? - weight may be an issue, but im certain it could be worked out

Ortiz Mosely?- a redemption fight

Ortiz Peterson?- come on folkes this one is sure for fireworks

Peterson Marquez?- WOW

Marquez Khan- id love to see him wipe Khan out of our minds

Khan Ortiz- winner gets a shot at Floyed if negotiations fall through once more??

Sky is the limit

Love the bolded fights
the others are a really great watch love it
BoxingStill#1
QUOTE (mitukczuk @ Feb 6 2012, 06:31 AM) *
These are pretty good suggestions.

In my opinion though, Peterson isn't anything special. He had a somewhat controversial win against Khan (And don't get me wrong, it was one of the most satisfying moments seeing Khan without the belts) but other than that...kind of "meh".

I would like to see Ortiz vs Canelo. I don't think the weight would be an issue as Ortiz is more or less a natural jr. middle anyway.

Khan vs Ortiz - good.

Ortiz - Mosley - good as well.

Im gonna try my best not to be bias because im a D.C native... BUT.

I love Petersons work ethic in the ring namingly to the body, which is why I love the Idea of the fight. Granted, though he may not be the notable name, he is the Champion... this gives him rights and big names SHOULD be seeking him out, not the other way around..

HOWABOUT MARQUEZ MOSELY???????????
BoxingStill#1
QUOTE (iKeNjiro @ Feb 6 2012, 07:35 AM) *
Love the bolded fights
the others are a really great watch love it

Canelo Ortiz would be something special...

Let's not forget the fact that it is a Mexican Holiday and this would most certainly raise revenue

PLUS both have something to prove... good crossraod fight IMO..

Okay okay for the ultimate mexican fight MARQUEZ VS. CANELO???

Ill stop there,.. im giving myself goosebumps
Cshel86
Other than an Alvarez/Mosley fight (which seems to be close to being made), I would love to see an Ortiz/Khan fight. It would be a huge test for Khan, and somewhat of a kick in the ass for Ortiz...being the fact that he's fighting on the undercard of the guy that knocked him into next week when he caught him slipping. On another note, Im wondering how the purse split would be for this one, since Ortiz is pretty much set to make at least $1M after his last outting, and Khan is used to making a certain amount.

I agree that this will be a big card, but there can only be one relatively big money bout, other than the main event. Being the fact that Im sure we'll still have a 4th JMM/Pac fight shoved down our throat in June, I almost want to count Marquez out of this card in the meantime, almost. Marquez vs Mosley? Marquez vs Canelo? C'mon Box laugh.gif
BoxingStill#1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 6 2012, 08:56 AM) *
Other than an Alvarez/Mosley fight (which seems to be close to being made), I would love to see an Ortiz/Khan fight. It would be a huge test for Khan, and somewhat of a kick in the ass for Ortiz...being the fact that he's fighting on the undercard of the guy that knocked him into next week when he caught him slipping. On another note, Im wondering how the purse split would be for this one, since Ortiz is pretty much set to make at least $1M after his last outting, and Khan is used to making a certain amount.

I agree that this will be a big card, but there can only be one relatively big money bout, other than the main event. Being the fact that Im sure we'll still have a 4th JMM/Pac fight shoved down our throat in June, I almost want to count Marquez out of this card in the meantime, almost. Marquez vs Mosley? Marquez vs Canelo? C'mon Box laugh.gif

Lmwao...

These are far stretched im sure....

Im just enjoying the present state of these divisions and how we can pretty much flip flop fighters and would guarantee us a good night of Boxing

And Im of the few aswell who believe whole heartedly that Marquez is and always has been Pacs next opponent ..

Im done with the Bob Coperfield act, and I for one will not be fooled...

To make a fight with Bradley, a young undefeated, tough hungry champion??? Come on folkes,.. is this something Arum would treat us to?

mitukczuk
I wonder if Uncle Arum IS actually as greedy as everyone thinks. What if he cries every night because of people who don't understand that he is really interested in making the best fights for his client and his client's fans ? lol. As untruthful as it sounds...what IF ?!

Anyways, Ive given it some further thought and I think that Khan/Ortiz gives the most sense out of all listed fights. Although I have no interest in seeing Ortiz fight ever again. BUT, there is always a but...I would love to see him kick Khan's sorry ass with all those tricks hes got.. headbutts and everything !
mrwigi
I wouldnt mind seeing Marquez vs Khan myself. I dont see a KO for either guy, but a decisive ass whooping delivered by Marquez
Cheesey1
QUOTE (mitukczuk @ Feb 6 2012, 11:45 AM) *
I wonder if Uncle Arum IS actually as greedy as everyone thinks. What if he cries every night because of people who don't understand that he is really interested in making the best fights for his client and his client's fans ? lol. As untruthful as it sounds...what IF ?!

Anyways, Ive given it some further thought and I think that Khan/Ortiz gives the most sense out of all listed fights. Although I have no interest in seeing Ortiz fight ever again. BUT, there is always a but...I would love to see him kick Khan's sorry ass with all those tricks hes got.. headbutts and everything !

What If...that was a great series of comics from Marvel (not sure if they still publish them). What you're proposing is similar to Modok caring whether people thought that his head was grotesquely oversized. Just like Modok doesn't care what people say about his noggin', Arum doesn't give a flying fuck.
Cheesey1
Good list. I'd watch any of them except the one that invloves Mosley. I watched the first Peterson/Ortiz match and would be up for a rematch.
mitukczuk
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Feb 6 2012, 12:44 PM) *
What If...that was a great series of comics from Marvel (not sure if they still publish them). What you're proposing is similar to Modok caring whether people thought that his head was grotesquely oversized. Just like Modok doesn't care what people say about his noggin', Arum doesn't give a flying fuck.

It was just a general thought, man. Not that I am really proposing a serious thinking about Arum's crying ! He's a greedy mofo, that's for sure !
BoxingStill#1
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Feb 6 2012, 12:45 PM) *
Good list. I'd watch any of them except the one that invloves Mosley. I watched the first Peterson/Ortiz match and would be up for a rematch.

You know I actually agree with this.

Idk... though he has given exciting fights Im done watching fighteers who were once animals getting outgunned simply because of a payday. Mosley has made it clear that his plan is to go out and knock his man out...now as fun as that sounds let's not forget that after he hurt Floyed that's all he was trying to do afterwards...throwing that right hand over and over heatseeking.... he never had any intent to box..

Which is ultimately why I created the thread.. What other fight could be made that would generate more interest?
Cheesey1
QUOTE (mitukczuk @ Feb 6 2012, 01:55 PM) *
It was just a general thought, man. Not that I am really proposing a serious thinking about Arum's crying ! He's a greedy mofo, that's for sure !

Yeah I know and I should've been clearer. Sorry.
I just wanted to talk about comics a bit. I love comics, especially Marvel and the Avengers trailer's got me crazier than Stan Lee!!
Cheesey1
QUOTE (BoxingStill#1 @ Feb 6 2012, 04:20 PM) *
You know I actually agree with this.

Idk... though he has given exciting fights Im done watching fighteers who were once animals getting outgunned simply because of a payday. Mosley has made it clear that his plan is to go out and knock his man out...now as fun as that sounds let's not forget that after he hurt Floyed that's all he was trying to do afterwards...throwing that right hand over and over heatseeking.... he never had any intent to box..

Which is ultimately why I created the thread.. What other fight could be made that would generate more interest?

Yup, I guess that Mosley can still generate interest, but seeing the same thing from him against two boxers, who I don't rate, makes me think that he'll just keep doing the same thing, no matter who he fights.
As far as other suggestions, I think that your list's fine as well as the suggestions made by others.
Cshel86
I don't believe Mosley will draw that much attention until he knocks Canleo out...which Im sure he can do. AFTER that, people will still want to see what he can do...well casual fans anyhow. I believe he can do away with a few of these young guys out here...being the fact that he doesn't have to be mentally sharp to fight the 1A and 1B fighters of the world...he's done that already.

WHEN he knocks Canelo out, then the clueless fans will give him another chance. At the moment, people are giving him the cold shoulder like they did Clottey after the Pacquiao fight. When they are proven wrong, then the world will know that Mosley is ready for these B+/B- fighters who only fight corpses.

Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 6 2012, 11:17 PM) *
I don't believe Mosley will draw that much attention until he knocks Canleo out...which Im sure he can do. AFTER that, people will still want to see what he can do...well casual fans anyhow. I believe he can do away with a few of these young guys out here...being the fact that he doesn't have to be mentally sharp to fight the 1A and 1B fighters of the world...he's done that already.

WHEN he knocks Canelo out, then the clueless fans will give him another chance. At the moment, people are giving him the cold shoulder like they did Clottey after the Pacquiao fight. When they are proven wrong, then the world will know that Mosley is ready for these B+/B- fighters who only fight corpses.

Got to disagree with you on this one. I think that Canelo's better than Mora and Mora very possibly deserved a draw against Mosley. I'd have to go back to the tapes to compare Canelo's style to Mora's, but I've completely written off Mosley. Not saying that if they make the match I won't watch it (watch -yes, pay - no), but I definitely expect a Canelo win (got to add some more movement to his approach though).
Clottey's an embarassment. Said it once, I'll say it a million times.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Feb 7 2012, 08:27 AM) *
Got to disagree with you on this one. I think that Canelo's better than Mora and Mora very possibly deserved a draw against Mosley. I'd have to go back to the tapes to compare Canelo's style to Mora's, but I've completely written off Mosley. Not saying that if they make the match I won't watch it (watch -yes, pay - no), but I definitely expect a Canelo win (got to add some more movement to his approach though).
Clottey's an embarassment. Said it once, I'll say it a million times.

The thing is, whose been able to get to Canelo's chin? J. Cotto, Baldomir, hell even Cintron started to land his jab towards the end of the fight. Point is, Shane's never been stopped and he's able to get to Canelo's chin quicker and hurt him. He's knocked out bigger guys before, and Im sure he still has it in him.

Trust me, at one point I completely wrote off Mosley. Then I had to sit down and think, Shane doesn't have to compete with top echelon opponents anymore. So with that said, Im quite sure he's able to handle Canelo without getting into too much trouble.

I cant necessarily write him off after the Pacquiao, because still stands that any fight he takes from now on is safer than the fights he took with FMJ and MP.
Plah
I feel Clottey is very good, he just got a nice payday and run with it. Like Cshel has said in the past, Clottey was a force in the welterweight division.
Plah
I also think Mosley will ko/tko Canelo. Unless GBP pays him extra money to not to do so. Just my opinion tho.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Plah @ Feb 7 2012, 09:15 AM) *
I also think Mosley will ko/tko Canelo. Unless GBP pays him extra money to not to do so. Just my opinion tho.

LOL! I dont know about the GBP paying him part, but if Shane doesn't do anything else right, he's gonna show people that he still has power. Whether he lands a few big shots and doesn't know what else to do for the rest of the fight, he's gonna land those big shots. I just dont see Canelo recovering from that.

Other than that, a Marquez/Peterson fight would be great...being the fact that Marquez cant "seem" to win a WW title to save his life.
Plah
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 7 2012, 09:19 AM) *
LOL! I dont know about the GBP paying him part, but if Shane doesn't do anything else right, he's gonna show people that he still has power. Whether he lands a few big shots and doesn't know what else to do for the rest of the fight, he's gonna land those big shots. I just dont see Canelo recovering from that.

Other than that, a Marquez/Peterson fight would be great...being the fact that Marquez cant "seem" to win a WW title to save his life.

Yeah, but I want to see Marquez against anyone in that division. Bradley is now not available, but I'll like to see him against Khan, Peterson, Ortiz (He's too big for Marquez but I think Marquez schools him anyway), Maidana... anyone.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Plah @ Feb 7 2012, 09:29 AM) *
Yeah, but I want to see Marquez against anyone in that division. Bradley is now not available, but I'll like to see him against Khan, Peterson, Ortiz (He's too big for Marquez but I think Marquez schools him anyway), Maidana... anyone.

I REFUSE to see Marquez in the WW division again. He lucked out against Pac because he knows how to fight him, but watching him all bulked up and slow, isn't the best look. A Peterson, Guerrero, or Morales fight suits him perfectly...but I feel that he needs to leave the WW division alone.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Plah @ Feb 7 2012, 09:12 AM) *
I feel Clottey is very good, he just got a nice payday and run with it. Like Cshel has said in the past, Clottey was a force in the welterweight division.

Clottey is a good boxer, which is why I'm so disappointed in him. He completely played himself (in my eyes) with his performance against Pacquaio. I bet you that Ike "Bazooka" Quartey (Clottey's country man who fought De La Hoya and in some minds won) would have at least shown up and if he lost, so be it. Clottey's an embarassment.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 7 2012, 09:03 AM) *
The thing is, whose been able to get to Canelo's chin? J. Cotto, Baldomir, hell even Cintron started to land his jab towards the end of the fight. Point is, Shane's never been stopped and he's able to get to Canelo's chin quicker and hurt him. He's knocked out bigger guys before, and Im sure he still has it in him.

Trust me, at one point I completely wrote off Mosley. Then I had to sit down and think, Shane doesn't have to compete with top echelon opponents anymore. So with that said, Im quite sure he's able to handle Canelo without getting into too much trouble.

I cant necessarily write him off after the Pacquiao, because still stands that any fight he takes from now on is safer than the fights he took with FMJ and MP.

Even though Cintron ended up as he has, for a while there he was a very respected boxer and champion. Baldomir's limited, but also had his props for a while there.
Canelo's young and I think he's got what it takes to improve. Mosley's been on the decline for a while and his taking the angry juice (steroids) cost him many, many points in my book - not that he cares. I hope that they make the match. I'll create a signature and bet you for it. Canelo kicks Sweet n' Low's ass.
Cheesey1
So, they made it. Canelo vs. Sweet n Low. Damn you Mosley, I'm going to have to pay to see your shuffling self get beaten after all.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Feb 11 2012, 12:56 AM) *
So, they made it. Canelo vs. Sweet n Low. Damn you Mosley, I'm going to have to pay to see your shuffling self get beaten after all.

smile_anim.gif
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Feb 11 2012, 12:56 AM) *

At least if he loses, it will be drfinitive, in my opinion. Alvarez will possible stop him. On the other hand, maybe Mosely aint as shot as we all think and he exposes Alvarez. i think its a good matchup to show us where each guy is. Most money will be on Alvarez ending Mosely, but Mosely has shocked us before. I'm not counting him out until I see him stop fighting.
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Feb 11 2012, 03:47 AM) *
At least if he loses, it will be drfinitive, in my opinion. Alvarez will possible stop him. On the other hand, maybe Mosely aint as shot as we all think and he exposes Alvarez. i think its a good matchup to show us where each guy is. Most money will be on Alvarez ending Mosely, but Mosely has shocked us before. I'm not counting him out until I see him stop fighting.

I don't see Mosley getting stopped; he's been in there with too much talent and not been stopped before. While he's gotten older, a bit slower and shown an inability to pull the trigger and simply burn up "nervous energy" as Steward puts it... he has not shown us that he can't take shots. The guy can still take it, even if he can't give it as well as he once could.

BrutalBodyShots
I can't wait to see the odds on this fight. It seems that most are picking Canelo to win... I hope the odds makers see it the same way, because if Canelo is anything more than mildly favored there going to be huge money to be made on Mosley if you like him in this fight.

Cshel86
I have to keep telling people that Canelo is NOT a top fighter, as far as skill is concerned. Mosley has already fought the two top fighters in the sport, and Canelo is nowhere near their level. Mosley is at that point of his career where he tries to end the fight with one punch and he's able to survive is need be.

Wait a minute...that's the same Mosley we've always seen. Back to my initial point, Canelo isn't top opposition and we've seen the likes of Ryan Rhodes and Matthew Hatton survive his bullshit. Im sure Shane will be able to land on this guy, so we may see the Notre Dame mascot's lights out if he isn't careful.
jarjar
i heard floyd is up to his antic of accusing people of ped usage
http://jeffincredible85.hubpages.com/hub/F...-of-Steroid-Use
Boxwitme
QUOTE (jarjar @ Feb 12 2012, 05:04 AM) *
i heard floyd is up to his antic of accusing people of ped usage
http://jeffincredible85.hubpages.com/hub/F...-of-Steroid-Use

You sir, are an idiot.....you really can't see that this was patched together from the whole livestream videos??? Haters will believe anything.
Cshel86
laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.