Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Guerrero Chronicles...
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Cshel86
http://www.boxingscene.com/robert-guerrero...hallenge--49304

Robert Guerrero continues his delusional conquest towards a major fight, along with his endless challenges. We ALL know that calling out the big names is part of the sport, but when is enough, enough?

He pretty much shoots down Mayweather's fight with Cotto in May, when it would be good idea to try and land a fight on that card with somebody else for some type of exposure. Of course he went into the "leftovers" talk in regards to Mayweather first facing Marquez a while back, and now preparing to face Cotto.

Honestly, and this is my honest opinion, nearly EVERY fighter that steps in the ring with another fighter, is somebody's leftovers. If you wanna look at it that way, then Oscar was the leftovers of Shane, Tito, B-Hop, amongst a few others...before Floyd got in the ring with him. Cotto was Margarito's leftovers, as well as Clottey's (if you want to look at like that), before he stepped in the ring Manny, and now Floyd.

He even went on talk about he "hasn't heard a peep" from Ortiz's side, about the challenge he issued him. Isn't he the leftovers of Maidana and Mayweather? Guerrero hasn't fought in almost a year, and his last fight was against Katsidis, who happens to be everybody's leftovers. He hasn't done anything above 135, and that fight against his bowling buddy (Casamayor) at 140, proves nothing...did I mention that he's done nothing above 135?

Im ready to see him in the ring with somebody...anybody. Pleeeease!

Thoughts?
Box in Hand
I think his perspective is a closed mouth doesn't get fed however he is making himself look real bad right now. I used to like the guy but he is acting out of character. He simply has not done enough and should continue to fight and make a name for himself as he slowly moves up the ranks and weight classes. He's starting to act similar to Khan and we see where that got him. He's gonna get his ass beat looking up at the thrown and needs to relax.
mitukczuk
Well, what else is there to say...Nothing I guess. Three months ago, I didn't even know who he is...and now I read stuff like that. Funny guy this Guerrero, butt hurt !
mrwigi
Who the fuck is Robert Guerrero?
mgrover
he needs to fight somebody, anybody for the sake of building a fanbase.
daprofessor
i wish more fighters would call out the big names. i have NO problem what so ever with guerrero doing this. in fact, i believe he deserves props. let him get his fight. u know what they say...."be careful what u ask for..."
leonthegee
This fool hasnt faught in forever and he wants the big names? It's not an any of the big names best interest to fight him. He needs to fight anybody right now. Even if it's a nobody that he can take the bigger purse against. All this inactivity is making him look like a joke. I would settle for a Guerrero/ Chop Chop Corley right now. Just fight somebody or die cuz im sick of this fool talking.
Plah
I agree with everything you said Cshel, except the part when you said Oscar was Tito's leftovers.
Cshel86
laugh.gif

These comments have me rollin'! And yes Plah, Oscar is Tito's leftovers! Shane is the leftovers of Forrest, Wright, and Cotto...point is, nearly everybody are each other's leftovers!
Plah
Tito didn't won that fight. XD
Cshel86
QUOTE (Plah @ Feb 6 2012, 09:23 PM) *
Tito didn't won that fight. XD

Lmao!

Should've told Oscar not to give the fight away!
Cshel86
Guerrero is doing himself no favors nowadays, seriously. Hey man, do what you do, call out the big names. In the meantime, your ass needs to be fighting as often as possible. Im sure he wouldn't be chapping the whole world's ass right now, had the Maidana fight actually happened...I think my opinion would've been a bit different at this point.
pimpfighterROQ
Doesn't the lightweight division have good names? Like Rios, Marquez...point is. Why is he trying to fight at welterweight? Oh i know...he just wants to get the Ortiz treatment. Get paid big and get known by fighting someone with a huge name. Can't blame the guy though, bills need to be paid.
Cshel86
QUOTE (pimpfighterROQ @ Feb 6 2012, 11:35 PM) *
Doesn't the lightweight division have good names? Like Rios, Marquez...point is. Why is he trying to fight at welterweight? Oh i know...he just wants to get the Ortiz treatment. Get paid big and get known by fighting someone with a huge name. Can't blame the guy though, bills need to be paid.

I agree with the fact that bills need to be paid, and with that said, he could be fighting right now and making sure the stuff is taken care of, until he lands that big fight. He has business to take care in the 140 lb division, it's waiting on him.
Cshel86
laugh.gif

Victor's manager made it very clear that they are committed to the Berto rematch, which looks to be taking place in June.

http://www.boxingscene.com/ortiz-berto-get...ate-june--49348

Now I know Guerrero is gonna be REAL pissed about this one. Dude hasn't fought in 10 months, and Im wondering who even has time to look in his direction. He's a GBP fighter, so need not look in the direction of TR for an opponent.

Maidana - moved up to WW and is set to fight this month
Ortiz - not even looking in Robert's direction, and is set to face Berto in June
Alexander - moved to WW, set to face Maidana
Bradley - looks to be facing Pacquiao in June
Judah scheduled to face Paris in MArch
Matthysse - who the fuck knows where he is. Could be a possible fight though
Khan - who knows where his head is. He may not stay at JWW to fight Guerrero
Morales - already scheduled to face Garcia
Marquez - has bigger money fights out there...not looking Robert's way
Peterson - in the driver's seat and looking for more money

Yep, if he doesn't fight somebody soon, he will end up fighting towards the end of the summer, or possibly at the end of the year.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 8 2012, 09:48 AM) *
laugh.gif

Victor's manager made it very clear that they are committed to the Berto rematch, which looks to be taking place in June.

http://www.boxingscene.com/ortiz-berto-get...ate-june--49348

Now I know Guerrero is gonna be REAL pissed about this one. Dude hasn't fought in 10 months, and Im wondering who even has time to look in his direction. He's a GBP fighter, so need not look in the direction of TR for an opponent.

Maidana - moved up to WW and is set to fight this month
Ortiz - not even looking in Robert's direction, and is set to face Berto in June
Alexander - moved to WW, set to face Maidana
Bradley - looks to be facing Pacquiao in June
Judah scheduled to face Paris in MArch
Matthysse - who the fuck knows where he is. Could be a possible fight though
Khan - who knows where his head is. He may not stay at JWW to fight Guerrero
Morales - already scheduled to face Garcia
Marquez - has bigger money fights out there...not looking Robert's way
Peterson - in the driver's seat and looking for more money

Yep, if he doesn't fight somebody soon, he will end up fighting towards the end of the summer, or possibly at the end of the year.

maybe he should have stayed with goosen? he's at the back of a very long line at gbp.
Franchize
I think Guerrero's best bet is to hope Peterson avoids the Khan rematch. Despite Peterson winning, I think Khan's still the bigger name. I don't think beating Peterson makes the casual fan care about Robert anymore than they already don't. I think beating Khan, which I'm not sure he will, would raise eyebrows.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Franchize @ Feb 9 2012, 02:22 PM) *
I think Guerrero's best bet is to hope Peterson avoids the Khan rematch. Despite Peterson winning, I think Khan's still the bigger name. I don't think beating Peterson makes the casual fan care about Robert anymore than they already don't. I think beating Khan, which I'm not sure he will, would raise eyebrows.

Well it appears that Peterson will fight Khan again in May, so Guerrero is still stuck...hate it for 'em. Well, actually I dont! laugh.gif
Cshel86
http://www.boxingscene.com/guerrero-malign...approved--49449

At this point, Im actually having fun with making fun of Guerrero laugh.gif Now he's ragging on Paulie Malignaggi about not being "HBO or Showtime" approved, and when he's able to get a fight on a date that isn't a PPV, then he'll be ready to fight him.

C'monnnn Robert! Paulie's faced waaaay better opposition than you (win or lose), so what are you saying? Anytime I've seen Guerrero fight, it's been on a PPV undercard or the undercard of a B.A.D. or Showtime card.

This dude is seriously making a joke of himself, and the sad part is, this fight may actually take place beyond his control. Since calling out FMJ, Manny, Canelo, Martinez, and whoever the fuck else...he's seriously lost his mind no2.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.