Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: the "what if" thread....
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
daprofessor
what if bhop didn't flop in the dawson fight and actually took his ass whoopin like a man?

what if dlh didn't run those last few rounds like a little girl and gave us our definitive ko ending that was on its' way?

what if arum didn't run his bullshit games and actually rolled the dice on some of his fighters instead of trying to keep things in house?

what if most boxing sites didn't feel the need to put their own spin on shit and told the unfiltered truth?

feel free to answer...or ask ur own "what if" questions.... smile.gif
Cshel86
What if Ortiz would've waited for the ring doctor to call off the fight due to that cut? (in the Maidana fight) <----edited

What if Meldrick Taylor would've been given those last couple of seconds?

What if Floyd would've been DQ'd when Roger jumped in the ring during the Judah fight?

What if Margarito wouldn't have got caught before the Mosley fight?

What if Morales/Pacquiao 2 and 3 would've taken place at 135?

Answers please cool.gif
Cshel86
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Feb 7 2012, 01:39 PM) *
what if bhop didn't flop in the dawson fight and actually took his ass whoopin like a man?

what if dlh didn't run those last few rounds like a little girl and gave us our definitive ko ending that was on its' way?

what if arum didn't run his bullshit games and actually rolled the dice on some of his fighters instead of trying to keep things in house?

what if most boxing sites didn't feel the need to put their own spin on shit and told the unfiltered truth?

feel free to answer...or ask ur own "what if" questions.... smile.gif

1. That still remains to be seen...
2. Then a Trinidad win for Oscar, would've somewhat taken the edge off of his other big losses. We probably would've got a chance to see a rematch...translation: More money in Arum's pocket
3. People would probably respect him more. Oh wait, they would expect him to do it all the time, and Im sure he wouldn't. With that said, he'd still be the present day prick that he is.
4. Then the world wouldn't go 'round...not to say that all of them put a spin on things, but when it comes to comparing FMJ/MP...the difference is there.

Prime Example:

Manny Pacquiao cheats on his wife, bangs other hot women (Im not hatin'), has potentially illegitimate children running around, gambles, drinks, cock fights, etc.

News Headline: "Manny Pacquiao Meets God in His Dream, Walks Hand-in-Hand With Him, and Decides to Change his Image"

Floyd Mayweather has a domestic dispute with the mother of his children/children, and takes phones that he bought. Floyd Mayweather pokes a security guard, Floyd Mayweather's body guard has an altercation (or whatever) with a bouncer at the club.

New Headline(s):
"Undefeated Boxer Beats the Shit Out of the Mother of His Children, Commits "Grand Larceny", Threatens to Kill His Kids, and Shakes the House Down".

"Undefeated Boxer Pokes Security Guard in the Eye...New Eye is Sought By Victim"

"Undefeated Boxer Snaps his Finger, Body Guards Assault Male."
-While in the club making it rain on bitches, Mayweather was kindly confronted by unidentified male who had a problem with floating dollar bills hitting him in the head. Witnesses say that Mayweather yelled, "I will get you bodied hoime, it's easy work!" Mayweather's body guard immediately assaults victim...
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 7 2012, 03:44 PM) *
What if Ortiz would've waited for the ring doctor to call off the fight due to that cut?

What if Meldrick Taylor would've been given those last couple of seconds?

What if Floyd would've been DQ'd when Roger jumped in the ring during the Judah fight?

What if Margarito wouldn't have got caught before the Mosley fight?

What if Morales/Pacquiao 2 and 3 would've taken place at 135?

Answers please cool.gif

which cut?

he probably would've won by decision and everyone would be saying steele got the call wrong.

mosley would be retired...ppl would still be drinking the kool-aid saying floyd ducked margarito.

pac still would have won. morales was on the decline.
Box in Hand
1. What if Roy Jones retired after Ruiz?
2. What if De La Hoya lost his fight against Sweet Pea?
3. What if Cus D'amato had lived for another few years?
4. What if Bernard Hopkins won his first fight which was at Light Heavyweight?
mgrover
what if mosley never did PEDs
daprofessor
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Feb 7 2012, 04:56 PM) *
1. What if Roy Jones retired after Ruiz?
2. What if De La Hoya lost his fight against Sweet Pea?
3. What if Cus D'amato had lived for another few years?
4. What if Bernard Hopkins won his first fight which was at Light Heavyweight?

what if roy wasn't self managed and allowed to pick and choose his opposition?

dlh lost to whitaker imo.

sad.gif

he may have not lasted as long as he did.

daprofessor
QUOTE (mgrover @ Feb 7 2012, 05:06 PM) *
what if mosley never did PEDs

what if he had a real trainer instead of jack and his power boxing?
Box in Hand
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Feb 7 2012, 03:52 PM) *
what if roy wasn't self managed and allowed to pick and choose his opposition?

dlh lost to whitaker imo.

sad.gif

he may have not lasted as long as he did.

DLH got floored and outboxed.
Cshel86
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Feb 7 2012, 03:38 PM) *
which cut?

he probably would've won by decision and everyone would be saying steele got the call wrong.

mosley would be retired...ppl would still be drinking the kool-aid saying floyd ducked margarito.

pac still would have won. morales was on the decline.

Shit! My bad Professor. I mean the cut that Ortiz sustained in the Maidana fight. My bad...

As far as Morales, I still believe he could've won the 2nd fight. If I remember correctly, Morales and his team wanted the fight at 135 but Roach wanted it at 130. Erik had just fought (and lost) to Raheem (at 135) months before the rematch.

Well, being the fact that he came up short against Raheem, Im now looking at the Pac rematch as somewhat of a struggle still. Yeah Shane probably would've been in some shit, had they not found that plaster before the fight, but hell, that would've been payback for the times he used PEDs in fights.
mgrover
what if mayweather never asked pacman for Olympic style drug testing?
p4pcrown
what if mosley would've pressed the issue more of trying to get the knockout after he wobbled floyd twice in the second round?

what if we see the cotto we were used to seeing before cotto/margarito 1 on may 5th?
Plah
QUOTE (mgrover @ Feb 7 2012, 05:48 PM) *

Arum woulda find another excuse to not make it (the fight) happen. Or a close UD for Floyd.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Feb 7 2012, 06:09 PM) *
DLH got floored and outboxed.

yes he did.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 7 2012, 06:32 PM) *
Shit! My bad Professor. I mean the cut that Ortiz sustained in the Maidana fight. My bad...

As far as Morales, I still believe he could've won the 2nd fight. If I remember correctly, Morales and his team wanted the fight at 135 but Roach wanted it at 130. Erik had just fought (and lost) to Raheem (at 135) months before the rematch.

Well, being the fact that he came up short against Raheem, Im now looking at the Pac rematch as somewhat of a struggle still. Yeah Shane probably would've been in some shit, had they not found that plaster before the fight, but hell, that would've been payback for the times he used PEDs in fights.

was the cut before all the knockdowns? i forget?

yeah...i think morales needed a break before the first pac fight. that dude was in a series of serious back to back to back wars. he may have lost at 135 as well. who knows?

as for shane and ped's...i'm not sure he used them in many fights. i think it was the dlh fight that he admitted to. i'm also not convinced they benefit boxers as much as they do other athletes. judging from the times i've known about fighters using them...ssm/dlh2, vargas/dlh....their performances were so-so.
daprofessor
QUOTE (mgrover @ Feb 7 2012, 06:48 PM) *

if that was indeed the reason the fight wasn't made the first time....pac would be an after thought right about now.

i was never convinced he was using them to begin with...
mgrover
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Feb 7 2012, 11:14 PM) *
if that was indeed the reason the fight wasn't made the first time....pac would be an after thought right about now.

i was never convinced he was using them to begin with...

that what i was directing the question at, all the damn suspicion.

its weird i havent heard anyone call pacman a drug user on these forums for a while now lol
Cshel86
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Feb 7 2012, 06:12 PM) *
was the cut before all the knockdowns? i forget?

yeah...i think morales needed a break before the first pac fight. that dude was in a series of serious back to back to back wars. he may have lost at 135 as well. who knows?

as for shane and ped's...i'm not sure he used them in many fights. i think it was the dlh fight that he admitted to. i'm also not convinced they benefit boxers as much as they do other athletes. judging from the times i've known about fighters using them...ssm/dlh2, vargas/dlh....their performances were so-so.

The cut happened at the end of the 5th round, and opened up worse right before Maidana dropped Ortiz with the body shot at the end of the 6th. All the motherfucker had to do was wait for the ring doctor instead of shaking his head "no" while the ref was giving him the count. He only had about 15 seconds (10 count + walking around) beofre the ring doctor stepped in. Trust me, that cut was wide and ugly enough to stop the fight.

I agree, El Terrible needed a break before the first Pac fight, but he REALLY need a break before the rematch. As far as Shane and the PEDs, who knows how long he was taking them. He only admitted to using them before the Oscar rematch, but I dont really believe him. It sort of reminds me of a chick cheating on a guy, and when confronted about it, "It only happened once" is usually a huge sign of damage control laugh.gif
happygocampy
Some of this has been said alrdy but it was on my mind before i read the the posts.

1. What if RJJ had retired after beating Ruiz
2. What if Hagler had won the decision vs Leonard
3. What if Ike Ibeabuchi had stayed out of trouble
4. What if Resto's gloves weren't loaded vs Collins Jr.
5. What if, Dundee didn't cut Ali's glove vs Cooper

Thats what i got off the top of my head.
Cshel86
QUOTE (p4pcrown @ Feb 7 2012, 05:50 PM) *
what if we see the cotto we were used to seeing before cotto/margarito 1 on may 5th?

That's what Im hoping for! Being the fact that Floyd's not a big puncher at the higher weights, that may push Cotto to take more chances. Besides, he has at least "30 million" reasons to take chance or two...and "30 million" reasons to get over it if it all goes wrong. laugh.gif

QUOTE (happygocampy @ Feb 7 2012, 07:32 PM) *

Then we would've seen a few more decent HWs with their lights out in the ring!
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 7 2012, 07:51 PM) *
The cut happened at the end of the 5th round, and opened up worse right before Maidana dropped Ortiz with the body shot at the end of the 6th. All the motherfucker had to do was wait for the ring doctor instead of shaking his head "no" while the ref was giving him the count. He only had about 15 seconds (10 count + walking around) beofre the ring doctor stepped in. Trust me, that cut was wide and ugly enough to stop the fight.

I agree, El Terrible needed a break before the first Pac fight, but he REALLY need a break before the rematch. As far as Shane and the PEDs, who knows how long he was taking them. He only admitted to using them before the Oscar rematch, but I dont really believe him. It sort of reminds me of a chick cheating on a guy, and when confronted about it, "It only happened once" is usually a huge sign of damage control laugh.gif

ur right! i forgot about that. just shows his inexperience. the mayweather fighter showed it even more. dude lacks patience.

damage control. laugh.gif
Cshel86
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Feb 7 2012, 08:34 PM) *
ur right! i forgot about that. just shows his inexperience. the mayweather fighter showed it even more. dude lacks patience.

damage control. laugh.gif

Yep! He only 10 seconds to hang in there, but nooooo, he decided to nod is head. He would've won that fight, had it gone to the scorecrads...which it was about it. That way, he could've saved the quit session 'til the Mayweather fight...at least he had a better plan that time around laugh.gif
daprofessor
QUOTE (happygocampy @ Feb 7 2012, 08:32 PM) *
Some of this has been said alrdy but it was on my mind before i read the the posts.

1. What if RJJ had retired after beating Ruiz
2. What if Hagler had won the decision vs Leonard
4. What if Resto's gloves weren't loaded vs Collins Jr.
5. What if, Dundee didn't cut Ali's glove vs Cooper

Thats what i got off the top of my head.

2. what if hagler didn't fall for ray leonards bullshit and didn't hold back in hopes of getting the rematch. he would have destroyed leonard.

3. sad.gif

4. sad.gif

5. ali would/should have had his first loss.
bnoles4life
QUOTE (happygocampy @ Feb 7 2012, 08:32 PM) *

Wasn't he bipolar?...like seriously, professionally diagnosed.
Cshel86
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Feb 7 2012, 11:11 PM) *
Wasn't he bipolar?...like seriously, professionally diagnosed.

Hahahaha!!! Didn't even know that. Let's go ahead and diagnose Guerrero with something while we're at it.
mgrover
what if mayweather lost the decision in the castillo fight (the first one)
Plah
QUOTE (mgrover @ Feb 8 2012, 02:59 PM) *

I was going to ask that, I were watching it last night.
Cshel86
QUOTE (mgrover @ Feb 8 2012, 02:59 PM) *

Good question! Let's up the ante a bit here...what if the first Mayweather/Castillo fight took place in TX????
mgrover
i think he would of gone naseem hamed style, i think weve all seen how he acts out of the ring, but hes so in control in the ring because of that confidence that hes the best, ever, but what if he wasnt? when people show you your average, if he couldnt handle a simple move up in weight, even with the circumstances of his broken arm? i cant remember but in his head he would of always said i should of won and beating himself up for it. the real question is

could he come back from that loss
Cshel86
What if Taylor would've taken a knee in the Abraham and Froch fights?
wolterb
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Feb 7 2012, 01:39 PM) *

what if chad dawson hadn't gotten frustrated, already, by the second round? (lol)

what if the klitschkos organized a u.s. tour where they fought, all comers, every month for a year?

what if ortiz got up from the mayweather left-right combo?

bnoles4life
What if someone from Cotto's camp would've been in Margarito's dressing room at the START of hand-wrapping?
daprofessor
QUOTE (wolterb @ Feb 10 2012, 12:38 PM) *
what if chad dawson hadn't gotten frustrated, already, by the second round? (lol)

what if the klitschkos organized a u.s. tour where they fought, all comers, every month for a year?

what if ortiz got up from the mayweather left-right combo?

laugh.gif

they could call the tour...."the cure for insomnia"

those shots hurt him pretty bad....i doubt he would have had anything after that.
daprofessor
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Feb 10 2012, 03:21 PM) *
What if someone from Cotto's camp would've been in Margarito's dressing room at the START of hand-wrapping?

then evangilistas jaguar would still have its' original windshield...and he still might have a job. laugh.gif
daprofessor
what if mills lane wasn't involved in several crazy fights....

bowe/holyfield (parachute man)

holyfield/tyson (ear biting)

lewis/mccall 2 (mccalls mental breakdown)

allen/hopkins 1 (pushing hopkins out the ring)

lewis/akiwande (akiwande tried to hug lewis to death)

that guy has truly seen it all in the ring.
wolterb
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Feb 12 2012, 05:28 PM) *
laugh.gif

they could call the tour...."the cure for insomnia"

those shots hurt him pretty bad....i doubt he would have had anything after that.

lol, fair enough. should have revised the "what if" to include that a 6'4 minimum height is required of their opponents...and all they have to be current NFL players.

really? To me, it looked like Ortiz stayed down. I thought he was hoping floyd would get disqualified.
Cshel86
What if Mike Tyson actually knew beforehand, that Robin Givens was more batshit crazy than he was?
wolterb
lol...he'd still be champion. ^

BoxingEinstein

What if Cus D'mato never died?

What if Bob Arum would've passed away before the first Mayweather-Pacquiao negotiations?

What if Zab Judah had sustainable mental focus?

What if Floyd didn't KO Ortiz in the 4th?

What if there was just one belt in every division?

What if Marquez never got cheated against Pac in the 3rd fight?

What if Mosley KO's Canelo?
Cshel86
QUOTE (BoxingEinstein @ Feb 15 2012, 04:46 PM) *
What if Bob Arum would've passed away before the first Mayweather-Pacquiao negotiations?

Excellent question! If that were the case, then we may have witnessed history at least twice by now....
Cshel86
I saw this post a WHILE ago on the board, but I will put it in the form of a question...

What if, in every fight, the winner were entitled to 80% of the purse split?
mgrover
what if haye beat the klit.
Cshel86
QUOTE (mgrover @ Feb 15 2012, 07:55 PM) *
what if haye beat the klit.

I have the slightest clue. If anything, it would've somewhat been one of the biggest upsets in the past few years, not historically though. Maybe I wouldn't think Haye was such a blade either...
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 15 2012, 07:49 PM) *
I saw this post a WHILE ago on the board, but I will put it in the form of a question...

What if, in every fight, the winner were entitled to 80% of the purse split?

we'd see some better fights.
mgrover
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 16 2012, 12:58 AM) *
I have the slightest clue. If anything, it would've somewhat been one of the biggest upsets in the past few years, not historically though. Maybe I wouldn't think Haye was such a blade either...

meh i'd probably still think hes a prick, he may of then fought vitali and lost since the only realistic way he was beating wlad was by KO
bnoles4life
What if they had steroid testing (blood & urine) since the early 80s?
mgrover
mosleys "trainer" would of been caught earlier thats whats lol the mayweather pacman fight may of happened but if pacman juiced to get his way to were he is now it means he would of never juiced before and maybe never become a large enough superstar to fight mayweather. Margs would of stilled had those hand wraps though
bnoles4life
QUOTE (mgrover @ Feb 16 2012, 08:31 PM) *
mosleys "trainer" would of been caught earlier thats whats lol the mayweather pacman fight may of happened but if pacman juiced to get his way to were he is now it means he would of never juiced before and maybe never become a large enough superstar to fight mayweather. Margs would of stilled had those hand wraps though

Like G. Leon from Btalk once said, "Mayweather can thank himself for Pacman's rise to fame."
bnoles4life
What if boxing had a union?
mgrover
what if boxing had an age limit.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.