Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chavez vs Margarito
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Cshel86
Okay guys, this topic is popping on the FH radio show at the moment, so I need everybody's take on this.

Thoughts?
mitukczuk
Well, apart from not having any interest in seeing Margarito in a boxing ring ever again I have to go with Chavez by decision (somewhere between wide and close one). Margarito is way too stuborn to let anyone KO him for his own sake. I don't even think it would be a good and exciting fight.
BigFightFan
TKO in the late rounds for Chavez, the eye will not last.
daprofessor
bad fight for the fans...bad fight for boxing. arum should title this card "SHAMELESS."

i'll be honest...i don't care for the guy because of the cheating incident, but seriously, his health needs to be considered. he's a one eyed fighter and doesn't deserve the beating he would take from jr. arum sinks to an all new low (is it possible?) if he makes this fight.
BigFightFan
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Feb 8 2012, 08:51 PM) *
bad fight for the fans...bad fight for boxing. arum should title this card "SHAMELESS."

i'll be honest...i don't care for the guy because of the cheating incident, but seriously, his health needs to be considered. he's a one eyed fighter and doesn't deserve the beating he would take from jr. arum sinks to an all new low (is it possible?) if he makes this fight.

I think this will be a good fight to watch. When has a margarito fight lacked drama and excitement?
mgrover
itll be a good fight to watch till his eye falls out, and even then he'll argue with the ref he can continue...chavez tko 8-9
mrwigi
As far as I'm concerned, there both cheaters. If they do fight, i hope we get a double KO
Cshel86
I believe the weight issue will be Margarito's worst nightmare. Chavez is just too damn big, too damn big...like Cruiserweight big. On the other hand, Margarito may present a constant pressure issue for Chavez that will probably make him shit his pants. If he can take Julio's punches, then we have a nasty fight on our hands.

Chavez by close decision.
BoxingStill#1
As I previously mentioned in threads in the past..

This would be Margs 3rd title shot since his hands wrap discovery.. in addition he lost 3 out of his last 4 fights...

How does he remotely deserve this?

Just goes to show Arums agenda... shit is shameful
daprofessor
QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Feb 8 2012, 10:44 PM) *
I think this will be a good fight to watch. When has a margarito fight lacked drama and excitement?

that's besides the point. it's wrong that he is even in boxing. he's a known cheat that should have been banned for life. i guess integrity and morals are things of the past. i'd like to believe that boxing is a classy sport....but arum makes me question that. he's all that is wrong with boxing.

how does a known cheater get his license back?

by going around the system and fighting in texas where they will license ur grandma for the right price.

how does that same cheater get a title shot with pacquiao who's supposed to be the p4p best in boxing when he's coming off a career ending beat down?

i guess it helps when u have arum as a promoter.

how does that same cheater get a second title shot at 154 when he just came off of two fights where he barely won a round?

arum.

now ur going to put him in another title match at 160 (let's not get into all that wrong with chavez jr right now..that's another topic for another thread)...and again, he's done absolutely nothing to deserve that shot?

margarito must have pics of arum in compromising positions with little boys or something. i don't get it. maybe margarito is his illegitimate child or something. how does a known cheater get so many shots and good paydays? it doesn't make sense.

and for the record....watching margarito get his ass beat isn't exciting to me.
Franchize
Gotta go with daprofessor on this one. I think it will be ugly and boring. Magarito's only chance is if Chavez fights like he did against Rubio, with no head movement. Even with that, he's fighting a guy who's bigger than Cotto, probably has a better chin at this point and who knows what Magarito's really is like minus the handwraps. Theres a lot more fights out there to be made than this.
Thickback
This would actually be an entertaining beat down of a cheating WW-JMW by a CW/HW. But Cheato shoulda been banned from boxing like his former trainer. Chavez will continue to ge this papmpered treatment. So far his career is meaningless to put it lightly....honestly, I'd rather see him fight Pavlik the whino
checkleft
This is a ridiculous fight. Not only because it will probably happen in mexico because no one will license marg (maybe Texas) but because he's one eyed coming off two losses. So he gets a title shot at in a division he hasn't fought at yet? In a perfect world sergio would get his rematch with marg beat his ass then bap cousin chavez ass too.

Chavez by Tko

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.