Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lucas Matthysse Vs. Robert Guerrero
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
BoxingEinstein

What an interesting turn of events we have here. The Ghost has/was talked himself into the Mayweather sweepstakes which I think he was one of the few people to be picked if Canelo and Cotto plus Pacquiao didn't work out. He has turned himself from a humble and few spoken words man to a loud mouthed, desperate, cry me a river- like fighter. Many fans have turned against him for saying he should get a shot at both Pacman and Mayweather. Let's be honest here, he wants to fight the best and thats what boxing should be about. The best fighting the best and the best accepting new challenges. It is very commendable for The Ghost to call out Mayweather for a real fight and real boxing fans know that The Ghost does in fact have a legitimate shot His background and story makes up for a good 24/7 and his Mexican ethnicity can help push the ppv numbers.

The Ghost understandably lost that chance against Miguel Cotto but that doesn't mean he can't get worthy fights. His recent outing on a possible fight with Victor Ortiz is very intriguing but I doubt it'll happen since Team Ortiz is committed on Berto or the Maidana/Alexander winner. Look no further than the man who has been underlooked for quite some time in Lucas Matthysse. The same guy who was offered his first world title shot against the legendary Erik Morales on the Mayweather/Ortiz undercard till he got sick. Both fighters honestly really don't have no live opponents or opponents scheduled at the moment. Guerrero is willing to fight the best or a challenge so why not make a fight with a tough son of a bitch and the hard hitting; iron chin of Lucas Matthhysse. I think fight fans would like that, two guys willing to box it out and slug it out. Both are backed by GB so let's make it happen!!!!
Cshel86
I gave this to Matthysse. Guerrero has solid fundamentals and power to back it up, but if Katsidis was able land on him like he did, then Matthysse would be too much for him. Just watched the Alexander/Matthysse fight last week, and it appears that Matthysse is busier in the ring, than I anticipated.

He went tit for tat with Devon, and kept the pressure on him. Robert has decent head movement, but not good enough to slip all of Lucas' punches. Imagine Robert in there against a Maidana who has better boxing skills and decent speed. Translation: nightmare for Guerrero...
Plah
Guerrero hasn't fought in a very long time but he beast Mathysse, come on lol
Cshel86
QUOTE (Plah @ Feb 9 2012, 09:23 PM) *
Guerrero hasn't fought in a very long time but he beast Mathysse, come on lol

He beats Matthysse?! Im a bit hard pressed to believe that dntknw.gif
checkleft
I have yet to buy into the guerrero hype, a win in a fight like this would do it. But the only fights I've seen him in he quit in one lost in one and beat katsidids. Matthysse has looked good, really good against good competition. Good handspeed better than avg pop and pretty good timing ring generalship and boxing ability. I voted for Lucas, but he would have to stop or ko him cause even if he outclasses him he seems to be getting the same treatment from judges that Martinez did when he first came to the us.
Thickback
QUOTE (BoxingEinstein @ Feb 9 2012, 04:08 PM) *
What an interesting turn of events we have here. The Ghost has/was talked himself into the Mayweather sweepstakes which I think he was one of the few people to be picked if Canelo and Cotto plus Pacquiao didn't work out. He has turned himself from a humble and few spoken words man to a loud mouthed, desperate, cry me a river- like fighter. Many fans have turned against him for saying he should get a shot at both Pacman and Mayweather. Let's be honest here, he wants to fight the best and thats what boxing should be about. The best fighting the best and the best accepting new challenges. It is very commendable for The Ghost to call out Mayweather for a real fight and real boxing fans know that The Ghost does in fact have a legitimate shot His background and story makes up for a good 24/7 and his Mexican ethnicity can help push the ppv numbers.

The Ghost understandably lost that chance against Miguel Cotto but that doesn't mean he can't get worthy fights. His recent outing on a possible fight with Victor Ortiz is very intriguing but I doubt it'll happen since Team Ortiz is committed on Berto or the Maidana/Alexander winner. Look no further than the man who has been underlooked for quite some time in Lucas Matthysse. The same guy who was offered his first world title shot against the legendary Erik Morales on the Mayweather/Ortiz undercard till he got sick. Both fighters honestly really don't have no live opponents or opponents scheduled at the moment. Guerrero is willing to fight the best or a challenge so why not make a fight with a tough son of a bitch and the hard hitting; iron chin of Lucas Matthhysse. I think fight fans would like that, two guys willing to box it out and slug it out. Both are backed by GB so let's make it happen!!!!

Are you saying that Guerrero has a legitimate shot at beating Mayweather???? Or a shot at landing a big fight? I disagree with both.

Anyway, RG needs to call out Mid level LWWs before calling out manny and Floyd. He'd get embarrassed in either fight. He's a good boxer, but nothing special. Call out Judah or Cayo....fight Maidana or Casamayor....call out Bradley or Peterson for dammit's sake.
Thickback
Oh and I think Matty outworks RG
Cshel86
QUOTE (Thickback @ Feb 10 2012, 11:23 AM) *
Anyway, RG needs to call out Mid level LWWs before calling out manny and Floyd. He'd get embarrassed in either fight. He's a good boxer, but nothing special. Call out Judah or Cayo....fight Maidana or Casamayor....

Sadly, he's already done this (Casamayor fight), and needless to say, it sucked and did absolutely nothing for his career.

QUOTE (Thickback @ Feb 10 2012, 11:29 AM) *
Oh and I think Matty outworks RG

+1
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.