Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lamont Agrees to Khan Rematch
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Cshel86
http://www.fighthype.com/pages/content11723.html

Yet another chapter of the Golden Girl cry babies getting their way after crying injustice. Had the decision been the other way around, Im sure Khan woud've realized that he dodged a bullet, and his sight would have still been set on a bigger fight.

I cant say that I dont want to see this rematch, not true at all, but Im not up for seeing it so soon. The rematch is set for May 19, and it appears to only be for the WBA title, so the IBF title appears to be out of the picture.

Thoughts?
MaxPayne
I'm just happy that it throws such a giant monkey wrench into Arum's plans...ideally he would have had a strong option for a match-up against Pacquiao in the fall, but now, realistically, who is there to fight ? Are they seriously going to do a JMM fight again in November / December ?
mitukczuk
As much as I want Lamont to win, i feel Khan will edge it out this time. And it makes me sad because what he has been doing past few weeks is just not worth any bigger fights.
Cheesey1
Good news. I'm assuming that Lamont's team took the Khan rematch because it was a better deal than the one offered by Big Pimpin.' I'm picking Peterson again. I think that he'll be less careless this time. Either way, it'll be a good evening of boxing.
E.C.LEGEND
Good! I hope Khan pushes this fight also. Lewis was not deducted points for pushing Tyson, was not even warned. Easy Win for Khan this time around.
wolterb
Everything points to this being a great fight. Peterson knows what worked and he can build off that during training camp. Khan is going to approach this fight with an attitude of seriousness he probably lacked in the first bout.

I don't foresee this being an easy night for either fighter. Gonna be a struggle from the get-go.
Thickback
This is definitely gonna be a great fight. I hope Peterson stops Khan so he doesnt get robbed. If this goes to a decision there's only one person who will get the nod regardless of how the fight went.
Cshel86
QUOTE (MaxPayne @ Feb 10 2012, 01:13 AM) *
Are they seriously going to do a JMM fight again in November / December ?

SHHHHHH....dont say that too loud, wouldn't wanna give Arum any ideas. laugh.gif
mgrover
am so confident Khan will win am willing to bet anyone at the moment, I've already got a bet with a mate for a cheeky fiver, it ain't much but it'll buy a few drinks. I think he'll stand and fight,none of that running shit, cause he didn't need to do it in the first fight for sure.
mrchitown
I am glad that this rematch was made, I think Peterson beats him again. Khan is a good fighter but he doesn't like pressure, he runs too much. Peterson forced him to fight and he folded. Their both going to build on the first fight and I can see this fight being as tough and controversial as the first one but I still think Peterson keeps them belts at the end of the night
Th3rd
All Khan has to do is get his punches off first. Don't wait too long to get set and don't fight inside. Lamont is too good in that department. A good example of this is when Mayweather fought Castillo in the rematch. Same game-plan as the first fight except do it better. He let his hands go, got off first and didn't waste any time getting in and out, staying away from inside fighting. Khan will work more on lateral movement, turning Peterson, spinning off the ropes and avoid any inside fighting. Get off first and punch with more authority. That's how Khan will win the rematch.
checkleft
Don't like the rematch. Khan lost fair and square, and the deductions were his fault. This time Peterson will take more punishment Khan will ride his bike and try to avoid Peterson even more then the first fight. But even if lamont makes it a scrap I doubt they will give him a decision (whether its earned or close).

BoxingEinstein

Khan said that part of his remedy to slow down Peterson's body assault is to throw more uppercuts to discourage Lamont from targeting the body. He also mentioned giving more angles when Lamont throws them wide hooks upstairs so he can get off with his own punches. Sounds like a good start for his gameplan and Roach needs to show Khan how to fight in the inside more and move better across the ring since Khan needs space to get off with his punches. And Roach needs to teach him how to throw a better jab, the man has good reach and with a better jab can make Khan more dangerous. I see Peterson winning again by close decision unless GB pulls a Top Rank.
Cshel86
QUOTE (BoxingEinstein @ Feb 14 2012, 06:00 PM) *
Khan said that part of his remedy to slow down Peterson's body assault is to throw more uppercuts to discourage Lamont from targeting the body. He also mentioned giving more angles when Lamont throws them wide hooks upstairs so he can get off with his own punches. Sounds like a good start for his gameplan

Sounds like somebody who wants to get his ass kicked laugh.gif This is how I see it...how good was Khan's plan working for him in the first fight? with that said, his new plan sounds too good to be true, and the fact that he's airing it out like that, shows his inexperience in the sport.

A true fighter doesn't really give away his game plan like that. If all else fails, he will only revert back to how he fought in the first fight...less than spectacular and struggling to make adjustments.

All Lamont did in the first fight, was exactly what Khan said, he worked the body (relentlessly), threw wide hooks, and walked him down. Let's not forget that Lamont is a pure boxer, so I believe its safe to say that Khan is fucked if Lamont decides to use his jab, or even box for that matter.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 14 2012, 09:25 PM) *
Sounds like somebody who wants to get his ass kicked laugh.gif This is how I see it...how good was Khan's plan working for him in the first fight? with that said, his new plan sounds too good to be true, and the fact that he's airing it out like that, shows his inexperience in the sport.

A true fighter doesn't really give away his game plan like that. If all else fails, he will only revert back to how he fought in the first fight...less than spectacular and struggling to make adjustments.

All Lamont did in the first fight, was exactly what Khan said, he worked the body (relentlessly), threw wide hooks, and walked him down. Let's not forget that Lamont is a pure boxer, so I believe its safe to say that Khan is fucked if Lamont decides to use his jab, or even box for that matter.

they'll both make adjustments for the rematch....that is what is going to make the rematch worth watching imo. i think freddie is good at game planning and let's be honest....who knew lamont was going to fight like that in the first fight? i've watched khan make subtle changes to his style to become a better fighter at the wildcard. i think they'll add a few wrinkles to his game but it's peterson who has the most room for improvement and is capable of much more imo. let's see what happens. i'm glad all these fights worked out the way they did. peterson fighting khan....pac fighting bradley....and floyd fighting cotto. i'm looking forward to all of those fights.
Cshel86
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Feb 14 2012, 08:37 PM) *
they'll both make adjustments for the rematch....that is what is going to make the rematch worth watching imo. i think freddie is good at game planning and let's be honest....who knew lamont was going to fight like that in the first fight? i've watched khan make subtle changes to his style to become a better fighter at the wildcard. i think they'll add a few wrinkles to his game but it's peterson who has the most room for improvement and is capable of much more imo. let's see what happens. i'm glad all these fights worked out the way they did. peterson fighting khan....pac fighting bradley....and floyd fighting cotto. i'm looking forward to all of those fights.

As far as Khan making those adjustments, that remains to be seen. He looked pretty tapped out of ideas in the first fight, but we'll see. Lamont does have room for improvement, but I see this rematch being a tale of who adjusts better.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.