Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Matthysse vs Soto...Almost Done...
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Cshel86
http://www.boxingscene.com/khan-peterson-s...wo-punch--49419

According to Richard Schaefer, a Lucas Matthysse/Humberto Soto fight is almost inked as the co-feature of the May 19th rematch for Khan/Peterson. As I've been informed, Matthysse is staying busy and fighting this weekend (in Argentina I suppose), so Im sure he'll be ready for this bout in May.

Thoughts?
checkleft
I'm a fan of matthysse, I was really hoping to see him fight morales buy oh well. I thought him and guerrero would be goos but this sounds legit as well. Can't wait, good card.
Cheesey1
This on the card as well, good stuff!
Sunni6Killer
FOTY candidate thumbsup_anim.gif

Matthysse by close decision.
Cshel86
Alright guys...its a done deal for the Khan/Peterson card!
flazi
i love soto's style but moving up in weight against a monster like matthysee, man i don't know. I think Matthysee ko's him within 8.
jrosales13
QUOTE (flazi @ Feb 13 2012, 12:40 AM) *
i love soto's style but moving up in weight against a monster like matthysee, man i don't know. I think Matthysee ko's him within 8.

I wouldn't call Matthysse a monster. Besides the Chop Chop Corley fight(who is beyond shot) I haven't seen anything monster-esque about him.

Saying that, I have him beating the much older, smaller Soto.
Cshel86
Soto is a warrior, to say the least, but I dont see him holding up well against Matthysse. At one point, I thought Matthysse was just a slow-starter, but I had to take into account the quick and slick fighters he faced (Judah and Matthysse).

Even with the both of them, he was going tit for tat, just wasn't all that quick...but again, I had to take into account how fast his opponents were. I give this one to Matthysse by late stoppage, with a possible monkey wrench being thrown in at some point by way of Soto taking a big chance.
BoxingEinstein

Matthysse by UD or late TKO. Soto is a known ducker.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 13 2012, 10:36 AM) *
Soto is a warrior, to say the least, but I dont see him holding up well against Matthysse. At one point, I thought Matthysse was just a slow-starter, but I had to take into account the quick and slick fighters he faced (Judah and Matthysse).

Even with the both of them, he was going tit for tat, just wasn't all that quick...but again, I had to take into account how fast his opponents were. I give this one to Matthysse by late stoppage, with a possible monkey wrench being thrown in at some point by way of Soto taking a big chance.

i agree.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.