Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: "Triple Threat"
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Cheesey1
I'm really looking forward to this card. Very happy to see Tavoris Cloud back in the ring (although I know nothing about his opponent).
Will definitely watch P. Will with interest to see if he's gained some sense technically and to see what Ishida's really about. Was his beat down of Kirkland a fluke?
Also more interested in watching Malik Scott than Chris Arreola.

What do you guys think? Anybody care about P. Will's return? Expectations from Tavoris Cloud? Do you care about Arreola? (I don't)
mitukczuk
Iteresting card that's for sure. I like what Tavoris is bringing to the table and I expect him to win.

I am NOT interested in another samo ol', same ol' P. Willy fight, because I don't think he has improved anything lately. Ishida's beat down of Kirkland was a fluke (memorable though) imo so I don't see him victorious. P. Willy by decision although I wish he would lose in the same manner as Kirkland did against Ishida.

I like Chris Arreola but same as you, I am more interested what Scott is all about. Chris needs not only to lose weight (which he did) but improve his defense as well.
bnoles4life
While I know it's not fashionable or "trendy" to say, but I'm a P Will fan and I'm definitely interested to see what he has left in the tank. I suspect (read: hope and pray) his hiatus was to redirect his style of fighting. Who knows?

As far as Cloud is concerned, it will be good to see him and get a reminder as to why people aren't getting in the ring w/ dude.
Cshel86
Im ready for this card, simply because I love the sport and it will be another weekend of boxing. As far as the Cloud fight, Im ready to see him do what he does best, but to no avail in regards to landing a big fight. I sucks that he had to take the back to all of that Pascal, Dawson, and Hopkins mess, but that's how the business works.

We could be looking at another upset in favor of Ishida, as it appears that he scores upsets against guys who aren't prepared. Williams already let the world know that he's gonna be the same Pauil Williams, but honestly, he gets Ishida out of there. That way, he can "magically" catapult his way to another title shot, thanks to Haymon (gotta love that guy).

Interest has actually struck me, in terms of a HW bout. Mayonnaise jar-body Arreola will probably come out victorious in this one, being the fact that I've never seen Malik Scott fight before. If I did, it may have been by accident. What's funny is, the picture that's used for his articles on the front page, makes him look like a little kid, but he's actually a HW laugh.gif
Cheesey1
Cool. So looks like we essentially see this card the same. An Ishida upset would be very interesting and IMO would make him a boxer to start paying attention to.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 10 2012, 04:14 PM) *
Im ready for this card, simply because I love the sport and it will be another weekend of boxing. As far as the Cloud fight, Im ready to see him do what he does best, but to no avail in regards to landing a big fight. I sucks that he had to take the back to all of that Pascal, Dawson, and Hopkins mess, but that's how the business works.

We could be looking at another upset in favor of Ishida, as it appears that he scores upsets against guys who aren't prepared. Williams already let the world know that he's gonna be the same Pauil Williams, but honestly, he gets Ishida out of there. That way, he can "magically" catapult his way to another title shot, thanks to Haymon (gotta love that guy).

Interest has actually struck me, in terms of a HW bout. Mayonnaise jar-body Arreola will probably come out victorious in this one, being the fact that I've never seen Malik Scott fight before. If I did, it may have been by accident. What's funny is, the picture that's used for his articles on the front page, makes him look like a little kid, but he's actually a HW laugh.gif

I could have misunderstood you, but if you're under the impression that Arreola is fighting Scott, he isn't (ar at least I don't think that he is). You've actually raised a good question, will Scott's fight be shown?
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Feb 10 2012, 06:23 PM) *
I could have misunderstood you, but if you're under the impression that Arreola is fighting Scott, he isn't (ar at least I don't think that he is). You've actually raised a good question, will Scott's fight be shown?

Yeah you're right, I was wrong about it. I thought Arreola was facing Scott, but that goes to show you my interest in the HW division. Lol. If Scott's fight is untelevised, then I will take the liberty of you tubing some of his stuff, if its out there.
daprofessor
i thought ishida was a tough fight when they signed to fight him the first time. he's tall (6'1) and agressive and has 2 first round ko's in his last two fights. he's doing something right. paul could benefit from a really long break. he's been in some very tough wars recently and if his career is to be extended...a long break is in order. i'll be rooting for pdub though.

arreolla has not looked good to me since before his fight with klit. he may be on the downslide. i wasn't one of the ones convinced that he needed to lose weight to be effective. he's never going to be ripped. he needs to eat the way he normally does and just train harder.

cloud needs to make another statement so ppl remember who he is. he should be in the mix with all the best. not sure he can beat the top tier guys...but i'd like to see him try.
BoxingEinstein

Cloud should be a star....smh @ Don King. The man is a throwback fighter and can fight with the best of them and probably take out most of them.
Cshel86
I cant wait to hear Paul Williams talk laugh.gif Shamefully funny, to say the least...
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 14 2012, 09:26 PM) *
I cant wait to hear Paul Williams talk laugh.gif Shamefully funny, to say the least...

"hakuna matata."

"that's the way the cookie crumbles..."

he drops gems every now and then. laugh.gif
Cshel86
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Feb 14 2012, 08:31 PM) *
"hakuna matata."

"that's the way the cookie crumbles..."

he drops gems every now and then. laugh.gif

Yo aint lyin' man! laugh.gif

Some of that shit he says (other than the butchered life phrases) are beyond me, but its so hard not to listen.

"You know what Im sayin'" is a filler for this dude when he talks. Lmao!

Imagine, and I say this with all intensity...imagine if Paul Williams were a trainer. This shit would be soooo fuckin' funny between rounds!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.