Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Now that's how to respond!
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Cheesey1
Devon, I tip my hat to you. Instead of coming up with a million and one excuses, you simply said, you're accusing me of roiding, I'll take whichever tests that you want me to take. Nice one my son. No pointless back and forth and claims of defamation. If you're an honest man, that's how you shut people up, call their bluff.
jrosales13
Lol yea well the test he is going to take will be a piss test after the fight. Big whoop.
daprofessor
being willing to take any test to prove ur innocense and letting it be known to all the public speaks volumes. certain fighters should take note. closedeyes.gif
jrosales13
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Feb 14 2012, 09:05 PM) *
being willing to take any test to prove ur innocense and letting it be known to all the public speaks volumes. certain fighters should take note. closedeyes.gif

Taking the test is what matters. Saying you will doesn't do a damn thing.
Cshel86
I know one thing...this damn fight better happen mad.gif C'mon guys seriously, between Alexander and Maidana, which one fights like they're roided up?
daprofessor
QUOTE (jrosales13 @ Feb 14 2012, 09:07 PM) *
Taking the test is what matters. Saying you will doesn't do a damn thing.

when u make a public statement like that...ur fans will hold u to it. if he refuses after a statement like that....that's career suicide.
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 14 2012, 09:36 PM) *
I know one thing...this damn fight better happen mad.gif C'mon guys seriously, between Alexander and Maidana, which one fights like they're roided up?

Uuuuuuhhhh, the guy with the relentless "come forward" style?
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 14 2012, 09:36 PM) *

like i said before...this is going to be a coming out party for alexander. maidana is tailor made for him.
Cshel86
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Feb 14 2012, 08:39 PM) *
Uuuuuuhhhh, the guy with the relentless "come forward" style?

Yep...fights like he's straight coked up and dusted...

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Feb 14 2012, 08:40 PM) *
like i said before...this is going to be a coming out party for alexander. maidana is tailor made for him.

Who isn't Maidana talior made for?
mgrover
is someone seriously suggesting that maidana was on PEDs due to his style, since hes pretty much an offensive pressure fighter we can safely assume that tyson was on peds, that hatton was on peds and lamotta was on peds lol not sure how the last one works.
jrosales13
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Feb 14 2012, 09:39 PM) *
when u make a public statement like that...ur fans will hold u to it. if he refuses after a statement like that....that's career suicide.

Not really
Cshel86
QUOTE (mgrover @ Feb 14 2012, 09:14 PM) *
is someone seriously suggesting that maidana was on PEDs due to his style, since hes pretty much an offensive pressure fighter we can safely assume that tyson was on peds, that hatton was on peds and lamotta was on peds lol not sure how the last one works.

Nope...not saying that he's on PEDs. Ever seen a guy on PCP get his ass kicked? That shit is endless laugh.gif That's how Maidana fights...you can knock him down and hit him with your best stuff, and he's ready to give it back.

I was just saying that between Alexander and Maidana, Maidana is the one who fights like he's on PEDs. Here's another situation of the kettle calling the pot black. Remember Ortiz/Mayweather? He and his team KEPT saying how much of a dirty fighter Floyd was...and guess who showed their ass in the fight...
bnoles4life

Who isn't Maidana talior made for?
[/quote]

Uuuuhhhh, Khan? Ortiz?
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 14 2012, 10:26 PM) *
Nope...not saying that he's on PEDs. Ever seen a guy on PCP get his ass kicked? That shit is endless laugh.gif That's how Maidana fights...you can knock him down and hit him with your best stuff, and he's ready to give it back.

I was just saying that between Alexander and Maidana, Maidana is the one who fights like he's on PEDs. Here's another situation of the kettle calling the pot black. Remember Ortiz/Mayweather? He and his team KEPT saying how much of a dirty fighter Floyd was...and guess who showed their ass in the fight...

Good post.
Cheesey1
If Maidana now claims to be injured then he will officially have lost any respect that I had for him (not that he cares..when you're paid you don't care about shit like this). If you have serious concerns then publically say that you want OSDT and make it happen. I'm 100% sure that GBP will pay for it, or at least I really think that they will...
Cheesey1
If Devon can add some more power to his punches, which I think that he can, I see him KO'ing, or at least TKO'ing Maidana.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Feb 14 2012, 10:09 PM) *
If Maidana now claims to be injured

Like he didn't do that when a Bradley fight was brought up a couple of years ago..twice I believe.

QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Feb 14 2012, 10:13 PM) *
If Devon can add some more power to his punches

I'll stop you right there Cheesey...keep dreaming laugh.gif
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 14 2012, 10:44 PM) *
Like he didn't do that when a Bradley fight was brought up a couple of years ago..twice I believe.

I'll stop you right there Cheesey...keep dreaming laugh.gif

Ha! Nah, I think that it's possible. The additional weight from moving up to 147 and a bit more commitment to the punch, he should be able to eke out a bit more pain for the other guy.
Cheesey1
WTF?!? Maidana's people are now saying that they're fine with urine testing? I thought that they were going to ask for some real testing? Whatever....

The really disappointing thing though is that apprently the sanctioning body / governing state in this case (I fogret which one exactly) doesn't require any testing for the 10 round bouts. Give me a f'ing break! In the 21st century, in a culture where PEDs aren't considered that bad by a lot of people, you're going to allow two guys to get into a ring and try to knock each other out and not test them. Madness, pure madness.
Cshel86
Im still laughing my ass off at how the WBC STILL has Devon ranked at #2, and he's NEVER stepped in the ring at WW laugh.gif
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Feb 15 2012, 09:15 AM) *
WTF?!? Maidana's people are now saying that they're fine with urine testing? I thought that they were going to ask for some real testing? Whatever....

The really disappointing thing though is that apprently the sanctioning body / governing state in this case (I fogret which one exactly) doesn't require any testing for the 10 round bouts. Give me a f'ing break! In the 21st century, in a culture where PEDs aren't considered that bad by a lot of people, you're going to allow two guys to get into a ring and try to knock each other out and not test them. Madness, pure madness.

No testing for 10-round bouts? They are begging for a fuckin' lawsuit...
Hotsauce
take the test!!!
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 15 2012, 09:33 AM) *
No testing for 10-round bouts? They are begging for a fuckin' lawsuit...

It's good ol Missoura...."According to Contusi, because the fight is going to be a 10-rounder, there is no obligation for the Missouri Office of Athletics to conduct any anti-doping tests whatsoever,"
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Feb 15 2012, 10:54 AM) *
take the test!!!

Ha! But to be serious, I'm glad whenever the subject of PEDs in boxing is brought up, because that means that we're more likely to see something get done about it (at some point...)

Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Feb 15 2012, 11:11 AM) *
It's good ol Missoura...."According to Contusi, because the fight is going to be a 10-rounder, there is no obligation for the Missouri Office of Athletics to conduct any anti-doping tests whatsoever,"

Gotta love boxing no2.gif
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 15 2012, 11:50 AM) *
Gotta love boxing no2.gif

Yup...
Cheesey1
Thanks FightHype and David Kassell for writing the follow up articles. The testing needs to be both blood and urine. The boxing world needs to seriously think about making OSDT work. If it's a cost issue, I know that if all of the bodies involved mandate it, the cost will go down, simple volume purchasing proposition. That's essentially how HMOs work.
Cheesey1
I know, I know, Devon's legal team's might get involved. How is that different from what his saintliness is doing in his sanctified legal battle with the anti-saint?

IMO, very different in two ways. Devon said that he'd agree to whatever testing as soon as that was suggested by the opponent (I'll repeat, as soon, A.S.A.P, immediately). Second way in which it's different is that apparently Maidana's team actually sent letters to the commissioner's office etc., as opposed to just making an off the cuff statement in a very informal setting and situation.
Hotsauce
this is a 10 round bout?
Hotsauce
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 15 2012, 10:30 AM) *
Im still laughing my ass off at how the WBC STILL has Devon ranked at #2, and he's NEVER stepped in the ring at WW laugh.gif

devon alexander is a good fighter but he is only ranked @ #2 because he's black
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Feb 15 2012, 01:38 PM) *
this is a 10 round bout?

Yeah, seems that way.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Feb 15 2012, 01:39 PM) *

A jokey joke, I hope.
BoxingEinstein

If Alexander stops Maidana then he deserves a world title shot and The Ortiz fight would be even more interesting since Ortiz got sonned by El Chino. Alexander has the chin but like I said I think the key is to trap him along the ropes and attack his body early to slow down his movements in the late rounds, then go head hunting.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Feb 15 2012, 01:39 PM) *

A black fighter ranked high in the WBC? Say it aint so? laugh.gif (playing the FMJ race card)
Cshel86
QUOTE (BoxingEinstein @ Feb 15 2012, 03:26 PM) *
If Alexander stops Maidana then he deserves a world title shot and The Ortiz fight would be even more interesting since Ortiz got sonned by El Chino. Alexander has the chin but like I said I think the key is to trap him along the ropes and attack his body early to slow down his movements in the late rounds, then go head hunting.

If he stops Maidana, then that's pure redemption, but I wouldn't jump the gun and say that he deserves a title shot just yet. If anything, Devon needs to slow down if he wins this fight.

Being a champion will only force him into bigger fights that he may not be ready for just yet. We all saw how that worked out for him, when it came to him getting pushed into big fights too soon...
BoxingEinstein
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 15 2012, 03:36 PM) *
If he stops Maidana, then that's pure redemption, but I wouldn't jump the gun and say that he deserves a title shot just yet. If anything, Devon needs to slow down if he wins this fight.

Being a champion will only force him into bigger fights that he may not be ready for just yet. We all saw how that worked out for him, when it came to him getting pushed into big fights too soon...

Are you serious Shel? The man is young no doubt but how long will you baby Alexander? The man has fought the toughest fights in 140 and has proven he isn't elite. He needs to keep fighting if he wants to get better. I hope he puts up and shuts up because El Chino will be throwing more bombs than WW2. That 10 round bout thing is pure safe guarding. El Chino hits harder than Matthssye I predict and will stop Devon in the 9th round.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (BoxingEinstein @ Feb 15 2012, 03:51 PM) *
Are you serious Shel? The man is young no doubt but how long will you baby Alexander? The man has fought the toughest fights in 140 and has proven he isn't elite. He needs to keep fighting if he wants to get better. I hope he puts up and shuts up because El Chino will be throwing more bombs than WW2. That 10 round bout thing is pure safe guarding. El Chino hits harder than Matthssye I predict and will stop Devon in the 9th round.

I think that he'll put up and by doing so will shut up Maidana. Also a late stoppage, or ud. If he doesn't put up, then yes he deserves to lose.
mgrover
a big deal over nothing it seems, i mean did they really just accuse maidana of being scared? the guy would step in the ring with anyone
Hotsauce
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 15 2012, 04:33 PM) *
A black fighter ranked high in the WBC? Say it aint so? laugh.gif (playing the FMJ race card)

somebody got it
Cshel86
QUOTE (BoxingEinstein @ Feb 15 2012, 03:51 PM) *

Yeah he's young and all, but who the hell wants to see him fight if this fight ends controversially or loses? Im not babying him, but he needs to do himself a solid and take it easy from this point on, at least for 2 more fights, THEN jump out there and take this big fights.
BoxingEinstein
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 15 2012, 08:21 PM) *
Yeah he's young and all, but who the hell wants to see him fight if this fight ends controversially or loses? Im not babying him, but he needs to do himself a solid and take it easy from this point on, at least for 2 more fights, THEN jump out there and take this big fights.

Alexander is a disgrace to the real Alexander The Great; a warrior that took on the best and rose to the occasion till his untimely demise. I hope El Chino stops him and fights Ortiz in a rematch at Welterweight which I would predict to be the fight of the year. Alexander fought good fighters and lost to them all besides Urango and for them to have the fight in St. Louis and as a 10 round bout is utterly disgusting. Here's to El Chino to making Alexander "The Grunt" a pizza face.
drinks.gif
Cshel86
QUOTE (BoxingEinstein @ Feb 15 2012, 08:38 PM) *
Alexander is a disgrace to the real Alexander The Great; a warrior that took on the best and rose to the occasion till his untimely demise. I hope El Chino stops him and fights Ortiz in a rematch at Welterweight which I would predict to be the fight of the year. Alexander fought good fighters and lost to them all besides Urango and for them to have the fight in St. Louis and as a 10 round bout is utterly disgusting. Here's to El Chino to making Alexander "The Grunt" a pizza face.
drinks.gif

We'll see if your tune changes if Alexander happen to pull this one off convincingly...
BoxingEinstein
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 15 2012, 08:43 PM) *
We'll see if your tune changes if Alexander happen to pull this one off convincingly...

It will surely change, I for one would give Devon all the praises but if El Chino "decappuccinos" The Grunt One I would bask in one of my modern day dream fights to actually come to fruition. Maidana Vs. Ortiz II @ Welter, Fuck Yeah!!
checkleft
10 rounder? And in the Lu?... I bet the ring is gonna be the size of a basketball court. Seems like advantage is Alexanders
Cshel86
QUOTE (checkleft @ Feb 15 2012, 09:29 PM) *
10 rounder? And in the Lu?... I bet the ring is gonna be the size of a basketball court. Seems like advantage is Alexanders

This may very well benefit Alexander, in regards to the location and the 10 rounds. Think about it this way, had the Matthysse fight been a 12 rounder, Alexander could've possibly gotten stopped.

He was getting his ass kicked terribly in rounds 7 and 8. He had tremendous comeback in the 9th, and the 10th was in the air...but Im sure he was glad he made it the 10th. In this situation, Maidana wont give him any room to breathe (as Matthysse) did, so we will see how this goes...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.