Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Flooyd, Bhop and Toney are all...
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
pesticid
Yet, everybody jumps to excuses as far as why they aren't and what their upbringing could've had to do with the fact that they are ignorant and bigots, but let's face it most people that are racists are such because they are ignorant. I enjoy watching Floyd and Toney, my two favourite fighters, but the fact is that they are racists and I'll never care to be around them in any social situation.

I believe Bhop is the worst though and he's spiteful too, the McNabb comments, the Zaghe comments. This man is a complete moron. Unfortuantely there is a doubdle standard when it comes to racism. Imagine if Pavlik made the same comments that Bhop, Toney and Floyd have made.
flazi
not racist just ignorant. how can toney be racist when his trainer and first manager where white/jewish? he loved that lady. racism is way different than ignorance. that term is being throw out there too much, check out the definition of the word.
leonthegee
QUOTE (flazi @ Feb 17 2012, 12:49 AM) *
not racist just ignorant. how can toney be racist when his trainer and first manager where white/jewish? he loved that lady. racism is way different than ignorance. that term is being throw out there too much, check out the definition of the word.

A black man cant support a black athlete in this country?
MaxPayne
Honestly, who gives a fuck ? If they want to say racially charged shit, then let them speak their peace. These guys get punched in the face for a living. You can't expect them to conform to all societal standards. As long as they don't break the law, and when they do, face the consequences, which is good enough for me.

Why do we expect these guys not to say what's really on their mind ? They're not politicians, they're boxers.
mgrover
racism is a crime in this country wink.gif
bnoles4life
They're bigots more than racists, but hey, let's not let facts get in the way of a good rant.
pcraw
Well I can't speak for the other two, but Toney's wife is mixed and her dad is white and he seems to get along with him pretty good when I've heard them in each others presence. I agree with Flazi and Max on this. But Toney isn't a racist. He treated Jackie Kallen as a mother figure. Racist would never do that...especially a much younger version where he was a hot head.
leonthegee
Floyd is only stating the obvious. When the front page of the NY times says "Amasian" and were suspoded to believe race insint part of this story. And now all these fake ass NBA analysts on TV making Carmelo out to be this selfish player when hes not. Its what I like to call the "Manny Pacquiao effect."

You have a player dominating a sport for so long (Floyd, Carmelo) and out of the blue comes some player from no where (Manny, Lin) and everybody just crowns them the big fish. Without knocking off the big dogs (without beating Floyd and only playing for 2 weeks). And of course in America we choose sides so somebody has to play the good/bad guy. So why not let Floyd/Carmelo be the bad guys. Their rich and black so it fits.
Cshel86
I asked myself why I even read this, then I immediately filed it under "mind candy" rolleyes_anim.gif
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE (pesticid @ Feb 17 2012, 12:36 AM) *
I enjoy watching Floyd and Toney, my two favourite fighters, but the fact is that they are racists and I'll never care to be around them in any social situation.

Just a hunch, but I doubt you'll be hanging out with them any time soon so don't sweat it.

Cshel86
QUOTE (BrutalBodyShots @ Feb 17 2012, 11:43 AM) *
Just a hunch, but I doubt you'll be hanging out with them any time soon so don't sweat it.

laugh.gif
pesticid
QUOTE (pcraw @ Feb 17 2012, 09:21 AM) *
Well I can't speak for the other two, but Toney's wife is mixed and her dad is white and he seems to get along with him pretty good when I've heard them in each others presence. I agree with Flazi and Max on this. But Toney isn't a racist. He treated Jackie Kallen as a mother figure. Racist would never do that...especially a much younger version where he was a hot head.

Toney's my favourite of the bunch but you can't make comments like that, dissing another race and claiming that yours is superior and say I am not a racist cause I had Jackie Kallen as manager.

Check some of Toney's comments here:

"Rahman is a real fighter; we aren’t nothing like these Germans and Russians you all trying to build up."

"We Afro-Americans... we like to fight… we ain't scared to fight nobody."

"You all keep trying to build up the Great White Hype. It’s not gonna happen."

“The Klitschkos, the walking dead man over in Germany, Valuev.”

"It’s not going to happen. You all can stop all that. Stop it."

"There isn't going to be a white heavyweight champ, unless you see him Europe... and that's real."

“I’m gonna keep it real. I’m not gonna hide nothing.”
pesticid
and I am still supporting him and want him to win and I am white, same for Floyd, which is crazy, the only logical explanation is that I grew up watching them and I love their craft.

Check this statement out by Floyd and Richard is his promoter now and he has all but beautiful things to say.

"Richard Schaefer is a faggot foreigner, who should go back to where he came from. Make me some wiener schnitzel, Richard"

I wonder what Toney said after his split with Kallen
pesticid
Toney being racist again:

"Rampage is a decent club fighter and if he thinks his club fighting style can match my skills, then he is crazy as hell… Rampage is still an Uncle Tom and I will go on record and say he is not dumb enough to stand and trade with me… Rampage is a black redneck. He better stick to hanging with them white boys and keep my name out of his mouth. I ain’t hard to find; sign the contract!"

http://fighthype.com/pages/content8948.htm...fa0165a5324ca55
pesticid
Bernard I don't care for his grabbing style, I can respect him a lot as a fighter. As a person he's just a piece of shiit.

"I'll never let a white boy beat me" Then he gets punked by light punching Zaghe, priceless!

Even at the weigh in, Bernard was punked, at the fight, he was faking all kinds of stuff just to survive. So in light of all that how do you make comment like you're superior cause of your race. This is ridiculous.

So yeah they are all racists and I am fine with that, I don't want them to be blackballed, fined, whatever punishment there could be for a racist person. I'm bringing it up cause I am sick of people making excuses for racists and if they say all three of them, yeah we're racists that would be great. At least they won't be hypocrite. Now they are racists and hypocrites too, which is worse.
pesticid
QUOTE (MaxPayne @ Feb 17 2012, 08:07 AM) *
Honestly, who gives a fuck ? If they want to say racially charged shit, then let them speak their peace. These guys get punched in the face for a living. You can't expect them to conform to all societal standards. As long as they don't break the law, and when they do, face the consequences, which is good enough for me.

Why do we expect these guys not to say what's really on their mind ? They're not politicians, they're boxers.

Completely agree, I just don't like the hypocrisy of certain people as to why they are not racists.
And if they were playing basketball and football, the consequences for them would've been a lot harsher unfortunately. They are in boxing though so it's not a main stream sport, it's ok to be racist. Imagine Lebron saying I'll never lose to a white boy and then Dirk owns him. He would never hear the end of it, he might retire cause of all the pressure.

mrchitown
QUOTE (pesticid @ Feb 17 2012, 12:46 PM) *
So yeah they are all racists and I am fine with that, I don't want them to be blackballed, fined, whatever punishment there could be for a racist person. I'm bringing it up cause I am sick of people making excuses for racists and if they say all three of them, yeah we're racists that would be great. At least they won't be hypocrite. Now they are racists and hypocrites too, which is worse.

I dnt agree with your view of them being racist but I definitely respect your opinion, I think Floyd, BHop, and James have made some remarks in the past that have been controversial and raised the scrutiny level on them. But I feel as if hypocrisy is definitely at play here on all levels. If a comedian of Hispanic descent makes a joke about the white culture, are they racist? Or how about if a friend of yours who makes a black joke and you laugh, are you racist?

Cmon man it's all open to the interpretation but I'm willing to bet you've cracked racial remarks before or was around an individual that did, so what does that make you? Racism shouldn't be tolerated on any level..period, but I don't see the angle,of racism as it,pertains to these 3. I can't defend some remarks that they've made over the course of their careers, especially when Floyd had that rant against manny in that video, but it's many interesting dynamics at play here
mrchitown
QUOTE (pesticid @ Feb 17 2012, 01:01 PM) *
Completely agree, I just don't like the hypocrisy of certain people as to why they are not racists.
And if they were playing basketball and football, the consequences for them would've been a lot harsher unfortunately. They are in boxing though so it's not a main stream sport, it's ok to be racist. Imagine Lebron saying I'll never lose to a white boy and then Dirk owns him. He would never hear the end of it, he might retire cause of all the pressure.

Lebron would never say that, we all know he buckles under pressure lol
sduck
This just goes back to the whole race war thing. Whites are more penalized for the racial things they say, than any other race. Especially in America. As you said, if someone like Pavlik were to make those kinds of remarks people would be quick to call him a racist. It's a double standard... That double standard doesn't ensure that a minority can't be called racist, they're just least-likely in comparison... They'd usually have to be already hated or say something FLAT OUT racist. While a white person can point and say something like, "that black guy over there" and some people act like he's a KKK member... just sayin.
mgrover
QUOTE (pesticid @ Feb 17 2012, 06:46 PM) *
Bernard I don't care for his grabbing style, I can respect him a lot as a fighter. As a person he's just a piece of shiit.

"I'll never let a white boy beat me" Then he gets punked by light punching Zaghe, priceless!

Even at the weigh in, Bernard was punked, at the fight, he was faking all kinds of stuff just to survive. So in light of all that how do you make comment like you're superior cause of your race. This is ridiculous.

which fight were you watching? I mean really. Bernard probably is a racist, but that doesn't mean he didn't school Calzaghe
Cshel86
Wow...sounds like somebody's pussy is hurting. Who gives a damn what they say, really? Why is your ass hurting so bad?

Let's see how long it takes for somebody's emotions to run high and go off on a racist rant laugh.gif
pesticid
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 17 2012, 07:36 PM) *
Wow...sounds like somebody's pussy is hurting. [b]Who gives a damn what they say, really?[/b] Why is your ass hurting so bad?

Let's see how long it takes for somebody's emotions to run high and go off on a racist rant laugh.gif

They are public figures and their opinions weigh unfortunately a lot more than yours or mine. So obviously people give a damn.
Nobody is starting a racist rant unless Floyd is a member here. So relax a little with pussy and ass hurting - that just makes you look bad. You are an admin here, there is no need for you to try belittle people when nobody has said nothing derogatory towards you.
mrchitown
QUOTE (sduck @ Feb 17 2012, 05:28 PM) *
This just goes back to the whole race war thing. Whites are more penalized for the racial things they say, than any other race. Especially in America. As you said, if someone like Pavlik were to make those kinds of remarks people would be quick to call him a racist. It's a double standard... That double standard doesn't ensure that a minority can't be called racist, they're just least-likely in comparison... They'd usually have to be already hated or say something FLAT OUT racist. While a white person can point and say something like, "that black guy over there" and some people act like he's a KKK member... just sayin.

You are absolutely correct, it is unfortunate that in this day and age that we have that double standard but it does exist. But it's also alarming to me the divisions that go on in each race. And now we have a "class war" breaking out, it's like you either got it or ya don't. unfortunately for whites today they have to bare that burden of things that happened in the past but every race has something like that they carry with them. I know as an African-American male there are certain perceptions about me that aren't true...and the same could be said for mexicans, whites, Asians and so forth.
Cshel86
QUOTE (pesticid @ Feb 17 2012, 07:58 PM) *
They are public figures and their opinions weigh unfortunately a lot more than yours or mine. So obviously people give a damn.
Nobody is starting a racist rant unless Floyd is a member here. So relax a little with pussy and ass hurting - that just makes you look bad. You are an admin here, there is no need for you to try belittle people when nobody has said nothing derogatory towards you.

How am I trying to belittle someone when you go on this retarded tangent about somebody being racist? Not only did you decide to go on this delusional conquest to enlighten us on "public figures" who are racist, you dont even have your shit together. So again, you're doing a good job of belittling yourself, no need for my assistance.

Opening a thread about somebody being racist, is probably not the most responsible thing to do...it usually doesn't end well. Besides, these guys are boxers for God's sake, so Im trying to see how they are these big public figures that you speak of.
Hotsauce
i wish tupac was here
pesticid
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 17 2012, 10:01 PM) *
How am I trying to belittle someone when go on this retarded tangent about somebody being racist? Not only did you decide to go on this delusional conquest to enlighten us on "public figures" who are racist, you dont even have your shit together. So again, you're doing a good job of belittling yourself, no need for my assistance.

Opening a thread about somebody being racist, is probably not the most responsible thing to do...it usually doesn't end well. Besides, these guys are boxers for God's sake, so Im trying to see they are these big public figures that you speak of.

If you can't argue the facts why bother? Your posts in this thread have no substance. Mayweather is not a public figure? Why don't you go the library and grab a dictionary. Actually, just google it and see what public figure is. You sound worse and worse with every passing minute. I have voiced my opinion and supported it with facts. If you can't deal with it fine, but offer something of substance with respect to the thread. Like I said you make yourself look bad, like you don't have your shit together.
Cshel86
QUOTE (pesticid @ Feb 17 2012, 01:46 PM) *

Again, what's your fuckin' point? Okay, they said things could have been filed under racist/prejudice, whatever. They aren't the only ones who've said things of this nature, but again, what can we do about it?

The funny part about it is, you claim that these guys are your favorite fighters, but CONTINUE to cry about them being racist. If I felt a "public figure" was racist, then I wouldn't be walking around talking about they're my favorite in whatever their expertise may be.

If I named a "public figure" that I felt was racist, then that means I could name somebody outside of the sport, which would be going outside of the point, right? Discussing racism is a touchy subject, and only leads to a pointless game of "duck, duck, goose"...the goose being the first asshole who rants some racist shit out frustration, because they cant make their point.

QUOTE (pesticid @ Feb 18 2012, 09:12 AM) *
If you can't argue the facts why bother? Your posts in this thread have no substance. Mayweather is not a public figure? Why don't you go the library and grab a dictionary. Actually, just google it and see what public figure is. You sound worse and worse with every passing minute. I have voiced my opinion and supported it with facts. If you can't deal with it fine, but offer something of substance with respect to the thread. Like I said you make yourself look bad, like you don't have your shit together.

Your opinion isn't helping you at all sir. I mean damn, a FH author (Pcraw - Percy Crawford) gave you some decent insight in this thread about James Toney, and it totally went over your head, because you were too busy trying to shove your point down our throat. You are crying about these guys being racist, but you still support what they do, so again, what's your point?

Are you trying to tell us not to support them in the ring? Nobody's defending these guys, seriously. If my memory serves me correctly, Hopkins had an article a few months ago, and he spoke about Mayweather...basically alluding to the fact that he makes black people look bad. What do you have to say about that?

James Toney has talked a decent of shit about Hopkins, which Im sure had a bit of self-prejudice talk in there. Hell, Ali used to say all kinds of shit about Joe Frazier, which alluded to him being a gorilla and an uncle tom, and he even brought a stuffed animal (gorilla) to one of the pressers. Ali knew the deal about racism, and he voiced it back then, so again, what's your point?

Slavery is still a BIG subject today, and African Americans were treated like shit, to say the least, so I guess that makes other races careful about what they say about African Americans, being the fact that they appeared to be the victim.

Maybe that answers your question, when you ask why people defend them, bu it may not completely cover it. Truthfully, YOU are defending them as well, especially since they're your "favorite fighters". So how does this sound?..."Man Mayweather is racist as shit, but he's the best in that ring!" Do the math...

As a matter of fact, I mentioned this in another thread about Mayweather...if you were to read some of the comments on some of the articles on the front page or other sites, you have guys calling him and his family monkeys, spear chuckers, crackheads, criminals, etc. It's funny that those same motherfuckers hide behind screen names and talk out of their ass, but when these 3 fighters publicly mention anything that alludes to being prejudice, etc, idiots like you cry about it.

It would be funny if some of those comments were posted on national television, that would REALLY show people where the world stands when it comes to racism. It's played out, and is a subject that never dies...it just makes things worse at times...so again, why turn a gag reflex into a wholesale vomit episode? Again, I dont defend everything that these guys say (especially FMJ's rant about Pacquiao), but again, if comments sections were posted on television, about these guys, then shit would be quite even. Not only would it be even, it would be shameful, to say the least. Agree?
pesticid
The reason I care is because when you have the best fighters in boxing say stuff like that it makes the sport look bad. The other racists that post idiotic comments about Mayweather, Bhop and Toney are idiots, but nobody in the public cares about them. Floyd makes a comment about Lin and all the media gets involved. So when Mayweather, Bhop and Toney face all that scrutiny, they are themselves to blame. They believe they offer some insight but it's all ignorance that comes out. And it's even worse when boxing fans start to make excuses as far as why their comments are not racists and it has everything to do with background and all kind of other BS. A spade is a spade and all of these fighters have made a lot of racial statements, that can't be argued. What triggered this thread is not so much the fact that I believe all three are racists as I have known for a long time and still follow their careers with great interest. What triggered it more is the fans that jump to all kinds of arguments to prove that the comments these 3 have made were not racially motivated. It's like me calling somebody the n word and telling them that I am better than them because of race and then say I am not a racist. It doesn't make any damn sense.

Cshel86
QUOTE (pesticid @ Feb 18 2012, 11:57 AM) *
The reason I care is because when you have the best fighters in boxing say stuff like that it makes the sport look bad.

To be perfectly honest, boxing isn't as big as it used to be...if it's ever been the leading sport to begin with. Im not saying that it's not popular, but when it comes to holding a candle to basketball, football, tennis, soccer, etc...there's really no argument for boxing.

With that said, if boxing was that big of a sport, wouldn't Mayweather's racist rant about Pacquiao, have effected his PPV sales and the people that attend his fight. I mean seriously, he was talking about Manny (the most loved athlete at the present time), and you're telling me that people didn't hate his guts enough to not support him?

Either they didn't give a damn, or the sport isn't as big as we sometimes make it. If Mayweather was this huge public figure, then it would've effected him dearly. Now, if a political figure would've done that, then the world would've known his name, and all support would've been lost. Hell, if Manny went on a rant like that about Floyd, it wouldn't have stopped me from watching him or boxing period, because Im a fan of the sport, not that person in particular.

The other racists that post idiotic comments about Mayweather, Bhop and Toney are idiots, but nobody in the public cares about them. So when Mayweather, Bhop and Toney face all that scrutiny, they are themselves to blame.

Trust me, it would be a big deal if those comments were televised, though the world wouldn't know who the cowards were. Im just saying that it could possibly even things out. Floyd has been scrutinized and racially bashed waaaaay before talks of a Pacquiao fight.

Hell, some people said those things about him because they either dont like him, or they are pissed because the "Big Fight" hasn't happened. I agree, things dont happen to people for no apparent reason (mostly), so the scrutiny could also be self-inflicted as you said.

They believe they offer some insight but it's all ignorance that comes out.

Hell, you did the same thing when you authored this thread. It's ignorant, because it's obvious that nothing can be done about it, and people still support these guys, via PPV buys, defending them, or even talking about them (good or bad) and they could give two shits what we say. Hell, why do you think they keep saying this "racially motivated" stuff...more than likely they could give a damn what people say or think...especially if they dont agree with them.

And it's even worse when boxing fans start to make excuses as far as why their comments are not racists and it has everything to do with background and all kind of other BS.

Like I keep saying, there's nothing that anybody can do about it.

A spade is a spade

You're right, and Im still holding true to my theory that you're a feeble-minded shetland pony. A spade is a spade, right?

What triggered this thread is not so much the fact that I believe all three are racists as I have known for a long time and still follow their careers with great interest.

"Flooyd, Bhop, and Toney are all racist". Sound familiar? Dude, the whole point of your thread (if there's actually one) is dying a slow death...

What triggered it more is the fans that jump to all kinds of arguments to prove that the comments these 3 have made were not racially motivated.

Who even said that? If anything, either nobody really gives a damn, or they know that those 3 dont give a damn, so we're back at square one. It's about the sport man, seriously. What these 3 guys say/have said, is in quotes for the world to see, and I still dont see it effecting what they do for a living.

It's like me calling somebody the n word and telling them that I am better than them because of race and then say I am not a racist.

laugh.gif

Try that, and tell me how it goes. Hopefully you'll physically be able to post, or face the world again, for that matter.

It doesn't make any damn sense.

Great way to describe your logic, well, nah, it's a great way to describe the pilgrimage-type distance between your batshit rambling nonsense, and actually making your point.
wolterb
lol, anything that can/should be said has been, here.
All I will say - it is important we keep the statements within the context of promotion,boxing, and the hyperbole that comes with both of those.
I think hopkins, toney, and mayweather usually try to push the envelope of what is socially acceptable to say so people view into their fights to see them get whooped. Not saying it is right, but lets just keep in mind these guys aren't politicians writing legislation based on what they believe...they're boxers.
I can't speak for Toney, but Hopkins and Mayweather have spoken about race in intelligent ways before...you just won't see that discussion during promotion for an up coming fight.
flazi
As a matter of fact, I mentioned this in another thread about Mayweather...if you were to read some of the comments on some of the articles on the front page or other sites, you have guys calling him and his family monkeys, spear chuckers, crackheads, criminals, etc. It's funny that those same motherfuckers hide behind screen names and talk out of their ass, but when these 3 fighters publicly mention anything that alludes to being prejudice, etc, idiots like you cry about it.

It would be funny if some of those comments were posted on national television, that would REALLY show people where the world stands when it comes to racism. It's played out, and is a subject that never dies...it just makes things worse at times...so again, why turn a gag reflex into a wholesale vomit episode? Again, I dont defend everything that these guys say (especially FMJ's rant about Pacquiao), but again, if comments sections were posted on television, about these guys, then shit would be quite even. Not only would it be even, it would be shameful, to say the least. Agree?

this is a great idea and what i would have like to have seen once the espn guys jumped on mayweather for his lin comments. one of them could have said "lets see what the public has said about mayweather".
pesticid
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 18 2012, 01:13 PM) *
To be perfectly honest, boxing isn't as big as it used to be...if it's ever been the leading sport to begin with. Im not saying that it's not popular, but when it comes to holding a candle to basketball, football, tennis, soccer, etc...there's really no argument for boxing.

With that said, if boxing was that big of a sport, wouldn't Mayweather's racist rant about Pacquiao, have effected his PPV sales and the people that attend his fight. I mean seriously, he was talking about Manny (the most loved athlete at the present time), and you're telling me that people didn't hate his guts enough to not support him?

Either they didn't give a damn, or the sport isn't as big as we sometimes make it. If Mayweather was this huge public figure, then it would've effected him dearly. Now, if a political figure would've done that, then the world would've known his name, and all support would've been lost. Hell, if Manny went on a rant like that about Floyd, it wouldn't have stopped me from watching him or boxing period, because Im a fan of the sport, not that person in particular.

Trust me, it would be a big deal if those comments were televised, though the world wouldn't know who the cowards were. Im just saying that it could possibly even things out. Floyd has been scrutinized and racially bashed waaaaay before talks of a Pacquiao fight.

Hell, some people said those things about him because they either dont like him, or they are pissed because the "Big Fight" hasn't happened. I agree, things dont happen to people for no apparent reason (mostly), so the scrutiny could also be self-inflicted as you said.

Hell, you did the same thing when you authored this thread. It's ignorant, because it's obvious that nothing can be done about it, and people still support these guys, via PPV buys, defending them, or even talking about them (good or bad) and they could give two shits what we say. Hell, why do you think they keep saying this "racially motivated" stuff...more than likely they could give a damn what people say or think...especially if they dont agree with them.

Like I keep saying, there's nothing that anybody can do about it.

You're right, and Im still holding true to my theory that you're a feeble-minded shetland pony. A spade is a spade, right?

"Flooyd, Bhop, and Toney are all racist". Sound familiar? Dude, the whole point of your thread (if there's actually one) is dying a slow death...

Who even said that? If anything, either nobody really gives a damn, or they know that those 3 dont give a damn, so we're back at square one. It's about the sport man, seriously. What these 3 guys say/have said, is in quotes for the world to see, and I still dont see it effecting what they do for a living.

laugh.gif

Try that, and tell me how it goes. Hopefully you'll physically be able to post, or face the world again, for that matter.

Great way to describe your logic, well, nah, it's a great way to describe the pilgrimage-type distance between your batshit rambling nonsense, and actually making your point.

You ramble a lot bro, you need to get away from that "weasel your way out" strategy. That constant blabber of yours serves no purpose. You can't use a dictionary, you've clearly demonstrated that. You can't follow points and your sentences have no structure. There is really no point listening to you as I can't make out what your saying. You talk a lot but you don't say anything related to the facts. The 3 of them are racists, they have made racial comments and they have stood by them. End of story. So quit with that dolphin talk, it may sound cute to you but it carries no clear meaning. If you speak only in vowels the next time you write I may give you more credit. Hell, I'll send you a can of sardines, cool bro!?!
neophyte7
QUOTE******"As a matter of fact, I mentioned this in another thread about Mayweather...if you were to read some of the comments on some of the articles on the front page or other sites, you have guys calling him and his family monkeys, spear chuckers, crackheads, criminals, etc. It's funny that those same motherfuckers hide behind screen names and talk out of their ass, but when these 3 fighters publicly mention anything that alludes to being prejudice, etc, idiots like you cry about it.

YOU MAKE SOME EXCELLENT POINTS... IST IS A SUFFIX DENOTING A DEVOTION TO. IF YOU AN ARTIST YOU ARE DEVOTED TO ART... PIANIST DEVOTED TO PIANO... IF YOU ARE A RACIST you are DEVOTED YOUR RACE... ( A GOOD THING).... lol
Cshel86
QUOTE (wolterb @ Feb 18 2012, 01:24 PM) *
Hopkins and Mayweather have spoken about race in intelligent ways before...you just won't see that discussion during promotion for an up coming fight.

You're absolutely right, but the funny this is, it's hardly ever made a big deal (when they say intelligent stuff). I've seen some of B-Hop's stuff out there, but Mayweather doesn't stand a chance when discussing touchy subjects like this.

It's bad enough that people cant stand him from jump, but that Pacquiao rant made it worse. Let's all be honest here, Mayweather tends to make sense about stuff, but he isn't the most eloquent speaker...which gives people every reason to eat up his words, or twist them around.

QUOTE (flazi @ Feb 18 2012, 02:23 PM) *
this is a great idea and what i would have like to have seen once the espn guys jumped on mayweather for his lin comments. one of them could have said "lets see what the public has said about mayweather".

Trust me, if that shit was televised...it would definitely be rated "MA", or they would probably air it on premium television. Honestly, they probably wouldn't even air it...gotta save face when it comes to America. It's fucked up enough...wouldn't wanna ruin the nation's integrity by verbally disintegrating a guy that the world thinks is dumb anyway (sarcasm).
Cshel86
QUOTE (pesticid @ Feb 18 2012, 02:59 PM) *
You ramble a lot bro, you need to get away from that "weasel your way out" strategy. That constant blabber of yours serves no purpose. You can't use a dictionary, you've clearly demonstrated that. You can't follow points and your sentences have no structure. There is really no point listening to you as I can't make out what your saying. You talk a lot but you don't say anything related to the facts. The 3 of them are racists, they have made racial comments and they have stood by them. End of story. So quit with that dolphin talk, it may sound cute to you but it carries no clear meaning. If you speak only in vowels the next time you write I may give you more credit. Hell, I'll send you a can of sardines, cool bro!?!

Wow, and the kettle calls the pot black...once again. I cant follow points and I talk a lot, but dont say anything related to the facts?!...Hmmm...somebody's truly found their way to the mirror, huh?

The only person weaseling their way out of anything is you. First, you make the subject seem so intense and desperately needing an in depth discussion, and now it's, "All 3 of them are racist, they have made racial comments and they have stood by them. End of story." So yes, it's clear that you're looking for a way out.

Point is, you have nothing else of substance to post here, and your feminine rants of reasoning is nothing more than a blunder. If you come to a battle of wits, you best not come unarmed. Retard version: If you choose to author a thread of this magnitude that can go in several different directions, be prepared for what comes with it...as you've failed to do.

It's clear that you have a hard time understanding anything, so dont request for me to speak only in vowels, as that may pose yet another challenge for you. Get over yourself and your self-presumed intelligence, it's not working for you. Do you mind if I close your stupid ass thread, since it's the "end of story", or was that your way out of it?
mgrover
some people need some a-hole cream...
Hotsauce
vaseline?
pesticid
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 18 2012, 04:20 PM) *
Wow, and the kettle calls the pot black...once again. I cant follow points and I talk a lot, but dont say anything related to the facts?!...Hmmm...somebody's truly found their way to the mirror, huh?

The only person weaseling their way out of anything is you. First, you make the subject seem so intense and desperately needing an in depth discussion, and now it's, "All 3 of them are racist, they have made racial comments and they have stood by them. End of story." So yes, it's clear that you're looking for a way out.

Point is, you have nothing else of substance to post here, and your feminine rants of reasoning is nothing more than a blunder. If you come to a battle of wits, you best not come unarmed. Retard version: If you choose to author a thread of this magnitude that can go in several different directions, be prepared for what comes with it...as you've failed to do.

It's clear that you have a hard time understanding anything, so dont request for me to speak only in vowels, as that may pose yet another challenge for you. Get over yourself and your self-presumed intelligence, it's not working for you. Do you mind if I close your stupid ass thread, since it's the "end of story", or was that your way out of it?

You don't even know what a public figure is, end of story! Better?
Cshel86
QUOTE (pesticid @ Feb 19 2012, 09:08 AM) *
You don't even know what a public figure is, end of story! Better?

I actually thought a public figure was someone of importance, not these 3 BOXERS who say racist shit, that's only brought up by a bell end with a hurt ass and flimsy logic.

To be honest, for a topic of this magnitude, your argument was limited, to say the least. When I tried give it a bit of depth by going further into the discussion (which you begged for), you chalked it up as "end of story" and attempted to walk away.

Since these guys are "public figures", I would challenge you to go out in public and ask random people if they know who Bernard Hopkins, Floyd Mayweather, and James Toney are. Im sure you'd probably get 1 out of those 3, if that.

THEN ask them if they can recall any racist things that these guys have said in the past. Im sure you'd be left standing there with nothing, but hey, these guys are "public figures", right?
Allmenjoi8
Recognizing race and being racist are two different things. I take you are mentioning his comment on Jeremy Lin. He said Lin was a good player but because he is Asian he gets more hype. Anything out of the norm in sports or in any arena will get extra attention. President Obama first African American president, Venus and Serena Williams, Tiger Woods etc. They have competed in areas that are not the norm for persons like them to excell in is amazing. Fuzzy Zoler.. what his name said that Tiger will serve fried chicken and greens for the MAsters lunch next year: racist or stupidity? Venus and Serena have been getting heat since day one: One guy even said they look like African apes. That is beyond racist.

Racism is what the headline from ESPN was for Jeremy and the 9 TOs he had: A Chink In the Armor? That is racist.
James Toney talks about everyone and you have to learn how to separate hype and persona from the person. Now as far as Floyd statement goes, I agree what he says but how he said probably rubbed people the wrong way. Russel Westbrook had similar numbers as Lin last year, um.. Wade, James, hell even Kevin Love (white) is having an incredible season. But because Lin is not the norm when we think NBA players. His story is an amazing one. He being Asian American is even more amazing.
Hotsauce
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Feb 19 2012, 10:53 PM) *
Recognizing race and being racist are two different things. I take you are mentioning his comment on Jeremy Lin. He said Lin was a good player but because he is Asian he gets more hype. Anything out of the norm in sports or in any arena will get extra attention. President Obama first African American president, Venus and Serena Williams, Tiger Woods etc. They have competed in areas that are not the norm for persons like them to excell in is amazing. Fuzzy Zoler.. what his name said that Tiger will serve fried chicken and greens for the MAsters lunch next year: racist or stupidity? Venus and Serena have been getting heat since day one: One guy even said they look like African apes. That is beyond racist.

Racism is what the headline from ESPN was for Jeremy and the 9 TOs he had: A Chink In the Armor? That is racist.James Toney talks about everyone and you have to learn how to separate hype and persona from the person. Now as far as Floyd statement goes, I agree what he says but how he said probably rubbed people the wrong way. Russel Westbrook had similar numbers as Lin last year, um.. Wade, James, hell even Kevin Love (white) is having an incredible season. But because Lin is not the norm when we think NBA players. His story is an amazing one. He being Asian American is even more amazing.

i read about that
pesticid
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 19 2012, 11:43 AM) *
I actually thought a public figure was someone of importance, not these 3 BOXERS who say racist shit, that's only brought up by a bell end with a hurt ass and flimsy logic.

To be honest, for a topic of this magnitude, your argument was limited, to say the least. When I tried give it a bit of depth by going further into the discussion (which you begged for), you chalked it up as "end of story" and attempted to walk away.

Since these guys are "public figures", I would challenge you to go out in public and ask random people if they know who Bernard Hopkins, Floyd Mayweather, and James Toney are. Im sure you'd probably get 1 out of those 3, if that.

THEN ask them if they can recall any racist things that these guys have said in the past. Im sure you'd be left standing there with nothing, but hey, these guys are "public figures", right?

They are public figures and I can't even believe that you keep on going that they aren't. For Christ's sake, grab a dictionary already!
I refuse to even copy and paste the definition of public figure, this is preposterous!
Nobody was looking for a in-depth conversation. You can't fight facts. I stated something and that was that. I wasn't running away, there is nothing to debate when you have clear quotes and behaviours by the above 3, showing that they are racists. End of story!
Cshel86
QUOTE (pesticid @ Feb 20 2012, 05:57 PM) *
Nobody was looking for a in-depth conversation.

Yet another soon-to-be major blow to your self-presumed intelligence. Congratulations...you've successfully reached the depths of human stupidity. Why even author a thread, and NOT seek an in-depth conversation?
pesticid
Yeah, cause very thread is about in-depth conversation fool.gif

Cshel86
QUOTE (pesticid @ Feb 21 2012, 10:56 AM) *
Yeah, cause very thread is about in-depth conversation fool.gif

Thanks Mr. Pesticide, for your material...such as it was dntknw.gif

#FAIL
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.