Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The best multiple punch combination you have seen.
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
mitukczuk
Hey,

as stated in the topic title, I would like to know some of the best or most exciting combinations you have ever seen thrown in the boxing ring.

My vote goes to Micky Ward's combo that he threw during the first Gatti fight at the end of 5th round. (I think it was like 15 seconds before the end of the round).
Although Micky Ward wasn't considered to be a precise puncher nor a quick puncher that combo was exactly it. Precise, Vicious and fast....

Next would probably be kitchen sink combos that Money May threw at Gatti throught the whole fight...

OR Buster Douglas's KO combo of Mike Tyson...nasty...
Cshel86
Good stuff!

I cant actually recall rounds, but I can recall fights that were graced with beautiful multi punches combinations...

1. JMM vs Juan Diaz I: That was Marquez at his best in the fight! Those precise uppercuts in his combos gave Diaz hell, and ultimately ended the fight.

2. Mayweathe/Corley: Helluva fight! That was back in the days when Floyd mixed his punches up, and this fight didn't fail to disappoint.

3. No matter how much people hate this guy, Antonio Margarito has the best combination punching that I've seen in a while. The first Cotto fight and the second Cintron fight was full of those combinations.
CDeezFoo
i dont know if its technically a combo but them 5 straight rights by Floyd on Gatti was sweet as shit...thats really when I became a Floyd fan...Roy used to throw a 3 hit combo all the time..right body right straight left body...i think he dropped felix with it
leonthegee
Mayweather hit Jesus Chavez will like 3 uppercuts than an elbow.
Franchize
Mayweather vs Gatti had some of the most technically sound and beautiful combinations I've ever seen. His fight with Chavez had one round where he wacked him with like 3 uppercuts and 2 hooks that were nasty too. Cotto's last fight with Magarito had some pretty combos too if we get into recent fights
BrutalBodyShots
Gatti / Gamache KO

mrwigi
I agree with the mayweather-gatti fight. He hit gatti with everything but the ref and the ring post. I believe it was the 6th round when he froze gatti with a bodyshot, and then 3 or 4 more punches followed.
Thickback
Tyson's Right hook to the body to a right uppercut is still one of the best combos I've ever seen. Roy Jones dropped some cat with an 1-2 and then stepped back before the guy could react. In his prime, his combos here ridiculous.
Everything Floyd hit Gatti and Corales with!
McClellan's Straight right to left hook to the body was nasty!
JMM vs Katsidis....basically the whole fight....lmao
pesticid
QUOTE (Franchize @ Feb 20 2012, 10:33 PM) *
Mayweather vs Gatti had some of the most technically sound and beautiful combinations I've ever seen. His fight with Chavez had one round where he wacked him with like 3 uppercuts and 2 hooks that were nasty too. Cotto's last fight with Magarito had some pretty combos too if we get into recent fights

Mayweather vs Gatti, Mayweather vs Ndou, JMM vs I can't remember the Thai guy's name. JMM vs Diaz. These are the ones that stand out for me.
mitukczuk
I totally forgot about Roy Jones's KO combo of Vinny Paz !! Definitely one of those on the top...
Cshel86
Damn! Im wondering why nobody mentioned Tyson vs Ferguson. I watched this on ESPN years ago, but I couldn't remember the opponent's name. I surely remember those nasty body shots!

SharpShooter
Leonard vs Hearns 1. Leonard throws probably the best combination I've ever seen at 01:27 :

Cshel86
QUOTE (SharpShooter @ Feb 22 2012, 03:32 PM) *
Leonard vs Hearns 1. Leonard throws probably the best combination I've ever seen at 01:27 :

Sick! Only an 80's fighter could stand up to a combination like that!
wolterb

@ 17 seconds, Ali looks like a mortal kombat character being played by a button masher lol

I remember the first morales/barrera fight being full of combos from both guys
Aware
QUOTE (wolterb @ Feb 22 2012, 09:29 PM) *

@ 17 seconds, Ali looks like a mortal kombat character being played by a button masher lol

I remember the first morales/barrera fight being full of combos from both guys

Lol great analogy! I definitely see it.
daprofessor

take ur pick. plenty to pick from. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.