Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dana White calling Mayweather a racist for Pacquiao & Jeremy Lin comments
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
BlueMercury
BigDDatHomey
Mayweather is right. All the hoopla is because he's Asian. Is Jeremy Lin a good player? Yes, which Floyd stated. Just because you say Linsanity has largely to do with his ethnicity doesn't have to be such a negative thing. I think it has to do with a few factors and not in order...

1, it's NYC and the Knicks., no bigger stage.

.2.He's not African American..We have expectations. If anyone asked the entire US, what ethnicity do you expect the next NBA sensation to be, most would answer African American. What happens on American Idol when a 16 year old has great singing ability? They're immediately favored and everyone says, "wow to sing that well and to be only 16!".

3. Underdog. Everyone loves an underdog

4. His community absolutely adores him and they should

All that being said, Floyd saying this is just because his race isn't completely true but partly true. At the same time it is what it is. If the Jeremy was black, America would expect it and it doesn't have the same impact.
Cshel86
Still surprised that Dana doesn't have a clue why the mega fight hasn't happened yet laugh.gif
Franchize
The same network who first blew this thing up (ESPN) said something that can be viewed as racist themselves. When Lin lost against the Hornets and had a bunch of turnovers, they ran an article headlined Chink in the Armor. Why isn't everybody all outraged about that? I think neither comment is that serious. People need to grow up. There are way more offensive things in the world, like the fact that Republicans blatantly disrespect our president in unprecedented fashion on national TV. If I went on TV and questioned Tim Tebow's religious beliefs right now, I'd get crucified. But it happens at almost every Republican gathering.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Franchize @ Feb 22 2012, 09:22 AM) *
The same network who first blew this thing up (ESPN) said something that can be viewed as racist themselves. When Lin lost against the Hornets and had a bunch of turnovers, they ran an article headlined Chink in the Armor. Why isn't everybody all outraged about that? I think neither comment is that serious. People need to grow up. There are way more offensive things in the world, like the fact that Republicans blatantly disrespect our president in unprecedented fashion on national TV. If I went on TV and questioned Tim Tebow's religious beliefs right now, I'd get crucified. But it happens at almost every Republican gathering.

Exactly! Nobody made a damn fuss about the "Chink in his armor" comment, but as soon as Floyd passes gas and says it's a natural and he's entitled to do it...people immediately get a wild hair up their ass. I truly hate the fact that FMJ went on that rant about Pacquiao a while back...it truly help him with this Jeremy Lin fiasco.

As far as that presidential stuff...that's another can of worms (a pringle-sized can of worms), but I agree.
BigFightFan
Dana White is the Bob Arum of MMA, so he should STFU and just collect his millions. Pay your UFC guys a fair amount and stay out of boxing's way
mrwigi
Dana White can eat a dick
Cshel86
Anybody remember this? Its' funny how he can call Floyd racist, but he straight called somebody a faggot, and if Im my memory serves me correctly, this video cause him to catch a lot of heat from GLADD, since he decided to used the word "faggot".

I know what country we live in, so verbally or physically attacking someone of a "preferred sexual orientation outside of the norm" is just as bad as anything racist...nowadays anyway.

Yet, another case of the kettle calling the pot black...

MaxPayne
I generally like Dana and the Fertitta brothers a lot, but this isn't just off base, it's fucking retarded.

First of all, a lot of what Floyd says and does has to be taken with a grain of salt. He's not a politician. He doesn't work a white collar job where HR will be breathing down your neck the minute you even suggest something inappropriate. He's a boxer, and he gets punched in the face for a living.

More importantly, "Money Mayweather" is a personality used to market Floyd's unique brand. I remember when he famously said, "America loves 2 things: controversy and money".

All of his antics, whether it's calling Pacquiao a yellow faggot, attributing the Jeremy Lin hype to his race and burning $100 bills at a night club are all a part of the Money Mayweather persona.

It's brutally simple: Floyd doesn't give a fuck about whether or not people like him, or even necessarily respect him. His own admissions about wanting people to acknowledge his genius is likely bullshit, because Floyd doesn't need anyone to motivate him. He knows he's the best of this era and very likely could beat any great welterweight boxer from any era.

All Floyd cares about is money and truthfully, there's nothing wrong with that. He's right in that when he says at the end of the day, his kids and his family are the only ones who will take care of him when his time is up.

Listen, it's important to be nice and respectful to people. However, just being politically correct and trying to smile with motherfuckers ain't shit. When that zombie apocalypse hits, you'd best believe it's you and your own that will have your back.

Lastly, Dana can say what he wants, but it's not just about them stealing from the UFC fighters (LOL at $6,000 and possible $6,000 bonus for a max of 3-4 fights a year when you have to pay for your camp, coaches, sparring partners, managers, etc....at least a boxer making a couple of grand per night can fight every month if he is able and willing to). It's also the fact that he himself wouldn't co-promote with M-1 Global for Fedor's fights. How does that make it any different from Top Rank and Golden Boy ? Get the fuck out of here with that weak ass shit.

What now, you bald headed bitch ?
mgrover
QUOTE (MaxPayne @ Feb 22 2012, 06:12 PM) *
I generally like Dana and the Fertitta brothers a lot, but this isn't just off base, it's fucking retarded.

First of all, a lot of what Floyd says and does has to be taken with a grain of salt. He's not a politician. He doesn't work a white collar job where HR will be breathing down your neck the minute you even suggest something inappropriate. He's a boxer, and he gets punched in the face for a living.

More importantly, "Money Mayweather" is a personality used to market Floyd's unique brand. I remember when he famously said, "America loves 2 things: controversy and money".

All of his antics, whether it's calling Pacquiao a yellow faggot, attributing the Jeremy Lin hype to his race and burning $100 bills at a night club are all a part of the Money Mayweather persona.

It's brutally simple: Floyd doesn't give a fuck about whether or not people like him, or even necessarily respect him. His own admissions about wanting people to acknowledge his genius is likely bullshit, because Floyd doesn't need anyone to motivate him. He knows he's the best of this era and very likely could beat any great welterweight boxer from any era.

All Floyd cares about is money and truthfully, there's nothing wrong with that. He's right in that when he says at the end of the day, his kids and his family are the only ones who will take care of him when his time is up.

Listen, it's important to be nice and respectful to people. However, just being politically correct and trying to smile with motherfuckers ain't shit. When that zombie apocalypse hits, you'd best believe it's you and your own that will have your back.

Lastly, Dana can say what he wants, but it's not just about them stealing from the UFC fighters (LOL at $6,000 and possible $6,000 bonus for a max of 3-4 fights a year when you have to pay for your camp, coaches, sparring partners, managers, etc....at least a boxer making a couple of grand per night can fight every month if he is able and willing to). It's also the fact that he himself wouldn't co-promote with M-1 Global for Fedor's fights. How does that make it any different from Top Rank and Golden Boy ? Get the fuck out of here with that weak ass shit.

What now, you bald headed bitch ?

so why does mayweather constantly bitch about not getting his dues, cause am really getting bored of that tune.
Gambit808
In response to a recent video posted of UFC President Dana White Accusing WBC Welterweight Champion Floyd Mayweather Jr. of being a racist & a "dummy" for his comments towards NBA's New York Knick Jeremy Lin & WBO Welterweight Champion Manny Pacquiao, Leonard Ellerbe on behalf of the MONEY TEAM had this to say while speaking to yahoo sports:

“He (Dana White) needs to shut the [expletive] up and mind his own business, stay in his own lane and keep on taking advantage of the UFC fighters, while underpaying them. If he keeps on running his mouth, we may decide to give a free seminar to all of the UFC fighters on how the pay-per-view revenue should be distributed. This is typical Dana, who is always prone to ignorant outbursts. He should be the last person to try to judge someone else.”

I agree that UFC fighters are very much under paid when it comes to there shares involving PPV revenue, and though it's not fair to the fighters as a fan i tend to think all in all weather it involves any sport in general, that when an athlete starts to get the money they work hard for it some what zaps them of there hunger they had before the money started rolling in. Now i may be wrong and some what selfish for saying that because these guys do bust there ass day in and day out to earn that kind of money but at the same time it's been proven in many cases that when a athlete becomes or gets paid that superstar money in some cases i feel like it takes away that hunger and drive that they once had where as in UFC's case some guys already know that they're getting under paid but it doesent stop them from doing what they do because in a scence they're doing it for something money can't buy and that's Honor & Respect...

But maybe I'm wrong, but all in all i'm just keepin it funky from my view as a fan so let me know what ya'll think.

Do You think More Money is good or bad for an athletes drive or motivation for the sport?
mgrover
First maybe the PPV numbers for UFC just aren't as big as boxing?

But yes money is a big problem, history has shown us the more people get the greedier they get, look at the Mayweather Pacman fiasco, both fighters want more money, than offered, and what pacman could of made $40million and what Mayweather could probably make in a 50/50 split (no idea what it might be so am guessing) 50million, is a fucking lot of money, and both still want more? I think am well within my rights to call them greedy fuckers. Some fighters still fight for respect like JMM, he took a laughable purse in the JMM v Pacman 3, because it was never about money for him, same with Shane Mosley, supposedly pacman got guaranteed 25million and what did Shane get? I think it was in the range of $10 million.

I respect UFC fighters because for them its not about the money, since they don't really make much money do they, compared to Boxings fighters, but when more and more casual fans go to them, and things like independent promoters happen and random shitty titles happen and the once Innocent UFC will be corrupted by the same men that ruined boxing.
Franchize
QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Feb 23 2012, 10:30 AM) *
In response to a recent video posted of UFC President Dana White Accusing WBC Welterweight Champion Floyd Mayweather Jr. of being a racist & a "dummy" for his comments towards NBA's New York Knick Jeremy Lin & WBO Welterweight Champion Manny Pacquiao, Leonard Ellerbe on behalf of the MONEY TEAM had this to say while speaking to yahoo sports:

“He (Dana White) needs to shut the [expletive] up and mind his own business, stay in his own lane and keep on taking advantage of the UFC fighters, while underpaying them. If he keeps on running his mouth, we may decide to give a free seminar to all of the UFC fighters on how the pay-per-view revenue should be distributed. This is typical Dana, who is always prone to ignorant outbursts. He should be the last person to try to judge someone else.”

I agree that UFC fighters are very much under paid when it comes to there shares involving PPV revenue, and though it's not fair to the fighters as a fan i tend to think all in all weather it involves any sport in general, that when an athlete starts to get the money they work hard for it some what zaps them of there hunger they had before the money started rolling in. Now i may be wrong and some what selfish for saying that because these guys do bust there ass day in and day out to earn that kind of money but at the same time it's been proven in many cases that when a athlete becomes or gets paid that superstar money in some cases i feel like it takes away that hunger and drive that they once had where as in UFC's case some guys already know that they're getting under paid but it doesent stop them from doing what they do because in a scence they're doing it for something money can't buy and that's Honor & Respect...

But maybe I'm wrong, but all in all i'm just keepin it funky from my view as a fan so let me know what ya'll think.

Do You think More Money is good or bad for an athletes drive or motivation for the sport?

Maybe. But it's no different from the guy who bussed his ass as the low man on the totem pole, then becomes CEO and ism ore relaxed. They've earned the right to not be hungry. It's on the character of the individual as to whether they continue to fight hard. Dana White shouldnt have the power to rid them of that option. If they dont perform up to the level theyre being paid,THEN stop paying them. To never pay them accordingly however is dirty business.
Cshel86
Both sides have dipped into business that doesn't pertain to their area of expertise (Mayweather commenting on basketball, and White commenting on Mayweather and the megafight), so it goes both ways.

As it was brought up on the radio show last night, the next UFC event will be in Japan, and it's obvious that Dana White is trying to sell tickets. Hence why he brought up the "sushi" comments made by Floyd and how sushi came from Japan, blah, blah, blah.

Suddenly, White has become pro-Japan and is attempting to publicly "shutting up" the bad guy (Mayweather), but he's really doing it for himself. Those sushi comments were made in the Pacquiao rant years ago, but the way Dana brought it up, one would think that Floyd reiterated it recently.

Sounds like Dana read and ran with that bum-ass, put-together, article about Mayweather talking about Jeremy Lin and copied and pasted words from the Pacquiao rant. For God's sake, White is still out of the loop about the megafight, which again, leads me to believe he read that recent article and ran with it.

As far as Ellerbe, there's not much to be said in response to White's mindless rants (as he's used to doing), but that doesn't mean he cant say anything back. All of this stuff only helps build the Cotto fight and the upcoming UFC event.
Gambit808
QUOTE (mgrover @ Feb 23 2012, 11:04 AM) *
First maybe the PPV numbers for UFC just aren't as big as boxing?

But yes money is a big problem, history has shown us the more people get the greedier they get, look at the Mayweather Pacman fiasco, both fighters want more money, than offered, and what pacman could of made $40million and what Mayweather could probably make in a 50/50 split (no idea what it might be so am guessing) 50million, is a fucking lot of money, and both still want more? I think am well within my rights to call them greedy fuckers. Some fighters still fight for respect like JMM, he took a laughable purse in the JMM v Pacman 3, because it was never about money for him, same with Shane Mosley, supposedly pacman got guaranteed 25million and what did Shane get? I think it was in the range of $10 million.

I respect UFC fighters because for them its not about the money, since they don't really make much money do they, compared to Boxings fighters, but when more and more casual fans go to them, and things like independent promoters happen and random shitty titles happen and the once Innocent UFC will be corrupted by the same men that ruined boxing.

I agree with your point, a little skeptical with what you said regarding Shane because i believe the fight you mentioned was more about money than anything else because he's been on the down side lately but i still agree.
Cshel86
I think am well within my rights to call them greedy fuckers.

This statement has some truth to it. The difference is, one of them isn't able to scratch his ass without his promoter's permission and also tries to lead the people to "believe" that he fights for the people and not money. The other fighter makes it well-known that he fights for money.

Some fighters still fight for respect like JMM, he took a laughable purse in the JMM v Pacman 3, because it was never about money for him

I agree about the respect part, but let's be honest, none of these guys will fight for less than they feel they're worth, or for less than they made in their previous fight...unless they have something up their sleeve.

JMM was guaranteed $5M in the rubber match, and of course the PPV money rolled in afterwards. $5M+ will make anybody look like a king if he lives in Mexico, so Im sure the money didn't matter in that sense, but Im sure JMM wouldn't have fought Pac for, let's say, $1.5M, or anything under $3M.

same with Shane Mosley, supposedly pacman got guaranteed 25million and what did Shane get? I think it was in the range of $10 million.

Shiiiiit! Shane Mosley whored for that Mayweather and Pacquiao fight...nearly sold his soul to the devil for those fights. In that sense, I disagree. He was guaranteed $5M for the Pacquiao fight, and I believe he made close to $10M (if not more) for the Mayweather fight.

Shane made Mayweather look like the Pope, when he validated his statement about him trying to get the big money fights, since he's at the end of his career. He made it even more evident when he validated the statement about his last great performance being against Margarito, and he's stunk it up since then.

So yes, Shane fought for respect, BACK IN THE DAY, but he used that as a promotional tool to make us believe he still had it in him for these fights. The fact that he's never been stopped, and can still throw a few bombs in a fight, has led me to believe he can beat Canelo.

As far as these MMA fighters, Im sure SOMEBODY is fighting for that poster boy position in the sport, it's just natural. The top fighter always gets paid the most, and Im sure these guys aren't fighting for free. The fact that most of them have families, is a clear indicator that they wont continue to risk their health for small money.
Gambit808
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 23 2012, 11:28 AM) *
This statement has some truth to it. The difference is, one of them isn't able to scratch his ass without his promoter's permission and also tries to lead the people to "believe" that he fights for the people and not money. The other fighter makes it well-known that he fights for money.

I agree about the respect part, but let's be honest, none of these guys will fight for less than they feel they're worth, or for less than they made in their previous fight...unless they have something up their sleeve.

JMM was guaranteed $5M in the rubber match, and of course the PPV money rolled in afterwards. $5M+ will make anybody look like a king if he lives in Mexico, so Im sure the money didn't matter in that sense, but Im sure JMM wouldn't have fought Pac for, let's say, $1.5M, or anything under $3M.

Shiiiiit! Shane Mosley whored for that Mayweather and Pacquiao fight...nearly sold his soul to the devil for those fights. In that sense, I disagree. He was guaranteed $5M for the Pacquiao fight, and I believe he made close to $10M (if not more) for the Mayweather fight.

Shane made Mayweather look like the Pope, when he validated his statement about him trying to get the big money fights, since he's at the end of his career. He made it even more evident when he validated the statement about his last great performance being against Margarito, and he's stunk it up since then.

So yes, Shane fought for respect, BACK IN THE DAY, but he used that as a promotional tool to make us believe he still had it in him for these fights. The fact that he's never been stopped, and can still throw a few bombs in a fight, has led me to believe he can beat Canelo.

As far as these MMA fighters, Im sure SOMEBODY is fighting for that poster boy position in the sport, it's just natural. The top fighter always gets paid the most, and Im sure these guys aren't fighting for free. The fact that most of them have families, is a clear indicator that they wont continue to risk their health for small money.

BOOM!

Agreed.
Allmenjoi8
If this is a true capitalist society and I think it is, then if the market demands your supply then that supply should be paid top dollar. To cut someone out from money that they have earned is criminal. Dana White should maybe suspend Tito Ortiz since Dana is Mr. Racial Regulator because Tito said that he would make R. Evans "his nappy headed hoe." That is a little racist to me. Floyd comments was not racist, especially since everyone has pointed out that Lin is Asian and he is balling (D Wade will lock him out tonight). What Dana and the rest of the world has done is one thing: Guaranteed Floyd and Miguel a big PPV and a sold out arena come May 5th. So Dana and Magic Johnson thank you for playing clapping.gif
anthonyaccurate
Let me get this stratight. Dana White, president of the UFC, home of Chael Sonnen, is calling out
Floyd Mayweather for being a racist?

wtf.gif
iKeNjiro
Nothing about Floyd's comment was racist.
Honestly it was true, sadly the reason for Jeremy Lin's hype is based off the stereotype that asians can't ball...

Now whats racist is that Jenny Hyun chick
She's a r&b pop song writer for a famous Korean Kpop group.
She said some harsh stuff about Floyd, Whitney, an ALL blacks in general! lol
No talk of that anywhere? I mean that was racist lol
Cshel86
Trust me Ken...nobody out there cares about anything that anybody else says. As soon as Mayweather cracks his mouth open, people's asses start hurting. The whole "Chink in his armor" statement was made, and nobody said anything.

As soon as Floyd says something, people become "scholars in racism" and so forth. Truthfully, most people dont even know what racism is, but as soon as a statement, image, etc. chaps their ass...they cry racism. laugh.gif

Oh yeah...welcome back Ken! laugh.gif
iKeNjiro
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 24 2012, 12:30 PM) *
Trust me Ken...nobody out there cares about anything that anybody else says. As soon as Mayweather cracks his mouth open, people's asses start hurting. The whole "Chink in his armor" statement was made, and nobody said anything.

As soon as Floyd says something, people become "scholars in racism" and so forth. Truthfully, most people dont even know what racism is, but as soon as a statement, image, etc. chaps their ass...they cry racism. laugh.gif

Oh yeah...welcome back Ken! laugh.gif

The guy who wrote that comment lost his job....

Thanks for the welcome back comment
Actually I'm in the hospital writing this
I have Pneumonia arhhh been sick for two weeks
Started with Influenza type B and now Pneumonia

I'm going to have a look,around an post on some of these great topics up.

P.s
Still waiting on my food order to be mailed to me
Cshel86
QUOTE (iKeNjiro @ Feb 23 2012, 10:51 PM) *
The guy who wrote that comment lost his job....

Thanks for the welcome back comment
Actually I'm in the hospital writing this
I have Pneumonia arhhh been sick for two weeks
Started with Influenza type B and now Pneumonia

I'm going to have a look,around an post on some of these great topics up.

P.s
Still waiting on my food order to be mailed to me

Damn...I stand corrected. I didn't even know that guy lost his job. It's funny how Floyd gets bashed, as if he's going to lose his job laugh.gif Funny...

Damn dude, anytime you're sick and it has the word "type" in it...it's definitely major...

As far as that food...I'm not sure those wings would even make it over there...maybe the brewskies though. Since you have "type" whatver, it sounds like somebody has it out for you, so I'll refrain from sending food! laugh.gif
iKeNjiro
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 24 2012, 12:59 PM) *
Damn...I stand corrected. I didn't even know that guy lost his job. It's funny how Floyd gets bashed, as if he's going to lose his job laugh.gif Funny...

Damn dude, anytime you're sick and it has the word "type" in it...it's definitely major...

As far as that food...I'm not sure those wings would even make it over there...maybe the brewskies though. Since you have "type" whatver, it sounds like somebody has it out for you, so I'll refrain from sending food! laugh.gif

Yea I hear ya
Take care on that end man, and keep up the great MoD work aroumd here
daprofessor
3 pages of comments on what hitler aka dana said about floyd....

he knows how to spur interest by riding on boxings' sack. who gives a rats ass what some person who has absolutely nothing to do with boxing has to say about floyds opinion or anything concerning boxing. fuck him.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.