Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: chad dawson interview...
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
daprofessor
i've said it once...i'll say it again....bhop has bitch in him. i am totally shocked that he took this rematch. he's getting his ass beat if he comes to fight.
daprofessor
oh yeah....still no proof on his "injury" dry.gif
Cshel86
There was picture posted after the fight, and the MRI was posted also. With B-Hop...who truly knows though. If B-Hop actually comes to fight, then hopefully Dawson doesn't shit his pants, by way of surprise, and look like Pascal did in the rematch.

Im ready for this free rematch, just to see where both fighters are. As far as these pressers and interviews, this is part 3 of Chad's shit talking/getting it off his chest, but hopefully they make a fight of it. Did I mention that I despise Dawson? laugh.gif
BoxingStill#1
I see chad as a legitimate threat to Bhop..

However I have my own reservations for him:
First, though his shit talking may be good for potential hype, I think he is actually really pissed about his last outting with Bernard. With that said, shit, it may have been another genius mind fuck from Hopkins. If he can get get a young hard headed Dawson to swing for the fences then we might just be looking at another upset. (Even though that's what im wishing for). He's mad, no doubt about it, but it may lead to his demise.
Which leads me to my second point. A younger, stronger, Pascal beat Dawson. Thing is he didn't beat him using his youth or any of that. He took Dawson out of his game plan. Which we ALL have to admit only has a plan A. He doesn't have the ability to make in the ring adjustments and can't deal with great deal of activity. Bernard is a master with taking a fighter to school by slowing the fight to his pace and making it his.

I think Dawson should honestly give Bernard his due, and act like a champion. Not bitching about dumb shit like "oh he wont even look in my eyes".. and blah blah,.. trust me, the last thing Bernard is is scared of this dude ..

Dawson can win, but this fight will be ugly to watch.. thank God its free..

Hopkins by SD...
mgrover
people see the side of the coin were hopkins bullshitted an injury to get out of a "tough" fight, i see the otherside of dawson picking him up and dropping him, funny how in the interview hes quick to bring up his record of never been deducted a point this and blah blah blah, an innocent man never needs to explain he lets the video do the talking, but obviously the video isn't in his favour...
E.C.LEGEND
Dawson is going to finish the job and scrape the road kill out of the ring.
Cshel86
QUOTE (BoxingStill#1 @ Feb 24 2012, 10:49 PM) *
it may have been another genius mind fuck from Hopkins. If he can get get a young hard headed Dawson to swing for the fences then we might just be looking at another upset. (Even though that's what im wishing for). He's mad, no doubt about it, but it may lead to his demise.
Which leads me to my second point. A younger, stronger, Pascal beat Dawson. Thing is he didn't beat him using his youth or any of that. He took Dawson out of his game plan. Which we ALL have to admit only has a plan A. He doesn't have the ability to make in the ring adjustments and can't deal with great deal of activity. Bernard is a master with taking a fighter to school by slowing the fight to his pace and making it his.

I think Dawson should honestly give Bernard his due, and act like a champion. Not bitching about dumb shit like "oh he wont even look in my eyes".. and blah blah,.. trust me, the last thing Bernard is is scared of this dude ..

Absolutely on point Box! He's mad because of the way the fight ended, and most of us are mad because we ordered it. I, for one, wasn't that disappointed, because the undercards saved it, but oh well.

Im glad you referred back to the Pascal/Dawson fight, because he had Chad looking like a sitting duck. We all know that Jean "the beefcake" Pascal isn't all that technically sound, but he does have ways (pressure, bullying) of throwing guys off, and for God's sake, he takes risks, unlike Chad.

Hopkins is a master of taking a fighter to school by making it his fight, but that also leads to a boring fight most of the time. We all know that Chad will just stand there and look at you for half of the fight, so imagine him being off of his game in addition to that.

QUOTE (mgrover @ Feb 25 2012, 09:48 AM) *
an innocent man never needs to explain he lets the video do the talking, but obviously the video isn't in his favour...

I agree.

Oh yeah, now that Box brought up Pascal/Dawson, I remember somebody else "suddenly" injuring their shoulder during the fight. Chad admitted it to his trainer between rounds, but when asked in the post fight interview, he said it never happened.

What a loser, now he blames Bernard for faking an injury just to cover things up and get out of the fight. This is pissed, but hey, it may cure us of boredom throughout the build up, and maybe the fight as well.
pesticid
I hope Chad beats Bhop but you never know with Chad. It depends I guess what his mood is on fight night.
Hopkins can be intimidated. Just watch the weigh-in with Zaghe and their fight. I wish Dawson goes all out on him like Zaghe did.
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 25 2012, 01:26 PM) *
Oh yeah, now that Box brought up Pascal/Dawson, I remember somebody else "suddenly" injuring their shoulder during the fight. Chad admitted it to his trainer between rounds, but when asked in the post fight interview, he said it never happened.

What a loser, now he blames Bernard for faking an injury just to cover things up and get out of the fight. This is pissed, but hey, it may cure us of boredom throughout the build up, and maybe the fight as well.

The fundamental difference b/t the two (and generally doesn't lend itself to your hypocrisy theory) is Chad actually tried to finish the fight and had Pascal hurt late (that and Pascal's Bugatti Veyron gas tank was sittin' on "E"). Chad had a pretty good cut, but kinda funny they stop that fight, right there on the spot..IMMEDIATELY after it happens, don't you think? They don't let him finish the round and see if the corner can stop the bleeding.

Again, Chad actually wanted to finish the fight, whereas, BHustler, IMO, was fine w/ being able to make Olive Garden before they closed.
Cshel86
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Feb 25 2012, 12:50 PM) *
The fundamental difference b/t the two (and generally doesn't lend itself to your hypocrisy theory) is Chad actually tried to finish the fight and had Pascal hurt late (that and Pascal's Bugatti Veyron gas tank was sittin' on "E"). Chad had a pretty good cut, but kinda funny they stop that fight, right there on the spot..IMMEDIATELY after it happens, don't you think? They don't let him finish the round and see if the corner can stop the bleeding.

Again, Chad actually wanted to finish the fight, whereas, BHustler, IMO, was fine w/ being able to make Olive Garden before they closed.

I get what you're saying. With that said, and my initial point being nullified, Im just wondering what was worse, Dawson not admitting that he hurt his shoulder after the fight, or him lying about the fact that it happened.

Other than that, I could make an educated assessment of the rest of your post, if only I could get past your comically sarcastic logic laugh.gif Pascal's Bugatti Veyron tank?! BHustler?! Being able to make Olive Garden before they closed?!

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Only you Noles...only you...
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 24 2012, 09:49 PM) *
There was picture posted after the fight, and the MRI was posted also. With B-Hop...who truly knows though. If B-Hop actually comes to fight, then hopefully Dawson doesn't shit his pants, by way of surprise, and look like Pascal did in the rematch.

Im ready for this free rematch, just to see where both fighters are. As far as these pressers and interviews, this is part 3 of Chad's shit talking/getting it off his chest, but hopefully they make a fight of it. Did I mention that I despise Dawson? laugh.gif

i'd like to see the link to that proof.

i like bhop and chad...but i think the criticism dawson has been receiving since the pascal fight is bullshit. he was going to stop pascal and the hometown ref and dr saved his ass.

bhop is one of thee best at picking guys he can beat. he won't beat chad.
daprofessor
QUOTE (BoxingStill#1 @ Feb 24 2012, 10:49 PM) *
I see chad as a legitimate threat to Bhop..

However I have my own reservations for him:
First, though his shit talking may be good for potential hype, I think he is actually really pissed about his last outting with Bernard. With that said, shit, it may have been another genius mind fuck from Hopkins. If he can get get a young hard headed Dawson to swing for the fences then we might just be looking at another upset. (Even though that's what im wishing for). He's mad, no doubt about it, but it may lead to his demise.

Dawson can win, but this fight will be ugly to watch.. thank God its free..

Hopkins by SD...

styles make fights and i believe pascals explosiveness gave chad problems early...but let's not forget...he had pascal out on his feet and was ready to finish him before the ref/dr stopped that fight over the cut. that should have been a brilliant come from behind victory for chad but he was robbed of that opportunity by hometown politricks.

there's truth to what chad is saying. i saw the fear in bhops eyes early in the fight when chad bullied the bully by shoving his forearm into bhops neck. bhop has always had bitch in him and his bullshit prison talk is something he has used to intimidate plenty of guys in the ring. that shit isn't working with chad.
daprofessor
QUOTE (mgrover @ Feb 25 2012, 09:48 AM) *
people see the side of the coin were hopkins bullshitted an injury to get out of a "tough" fight, i see the otherside of dawson picking him up and dropping him, funny how in the interview hes quick to bring up his record of never been deducted a point this and blah blah blah, an innocent man never needs to explain he lets the video do the talking, but obviously the video isn't in his favour...

he did the right thing in my eyes. the ref wasn't going to help him...it's a tactic that he gets away with all the time. chad put an end to it and bhop went out like a little bitch. i can't see that changing in the next fight. dawson has bhops number. he may be the first person to stop him if bhop decides to man up. there's a reason he has used all these cheating tactics that everyone wants to label as gamesmanship or crafty veteran tricks...i call it cowardice and insecurity because if he was confident in his skills and abilities he wouldn't have to resort to that bullshit.
daprofessor
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Feb 25 2012, 12:50 PM) *

amen. great post. laugh.gif
iKeNjiro
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Feb 26 2012, 02:50 AM) *

Love this man good post

I like Dawson a lot...he's an up front guy and I can tell he's honest when he speaks

That being said I hate the fact that sometimes he just seems lost in fights
He has the skill and power to get people out of there but at times he just stands there in front of a hurt guy putting his right hand jab out there an doing nothing else. I have no clue why he does that, and it pisses me of lol.

Now vs Pascal we all saw when Dawson's trainer said it's time to give me these last two rds, get this guy out of here.
We saw a very brutal combination Dawson come straight at Pascal.

I found it funny how Pascal pointed at the ring doctor and the fight was quickly called lol

Nobody's fault but Dawson's because he had Pascal out on his feet a few times and did nothing but look at him.

Now I was never a fan of Bernard, I can admit he has great ring generalship and knows his stuff...
But the guy is simply a dirty fighter, and has BS his way out of many fights in the past or faked being hurt to buy time....
How is this respected? fighting at 47 is dope as hell, but at what cost?
To be a bitch...lie, cheat and fake people out of their hard earned money.....
Bhop will not show up to fight, and if he does he will try to get out again...making this difficult for Dawson because he might be scared to go to the body in fear of Hopkins faking hurt.....

Watch

Also quick edit; I said a while back on here If Bernard Hopkins beats Chad Dawson like he did Jean Pascal I would be very impressed.

Everyone wants to talk about how Pascal beat Dawson, yet we are all boxing fans and should know that sometimes everyone has a bad outing. Everyone is not Floyd Mayweather Jr. Dawson lost because to me he looked mentally lost. Remember he had a lot of outside personal problems before the Pascal fight. His pops and him split after a fight, problems with his promoter, and team members, he literally moved to Las Vegas to get away and train. That could do a lot to a fighter mentally and it showed in the fight.

Thing is I can bet anyone on here if they fight again Chad wins that fight easily.
Saw how quickly Bernard hopped his ass up and fought Pascal but ducked Dawson for 3+ years? not strange to anyone?
Bhop knows that Pascal is an easier fight then Dawson...

Dawson is going to retire Hopkins....
Hopkins has been again forced into this fight and see's the mental games are not working on Dawson...
Just watch the last fight man...I am tired of typing the same shit over and over watch the last damn fight
You will see Dawson pushing the fight and Hopkins running and doing dirty shit in close...

Done with this topic...lol had to get that off my chest because seriously this is ridicules there is no reason to dislike
Bad Chad
Hopkins is the known cheater here people come on
mgrover
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Feb 25 2012, 10:22 PM) *
he did the right thing in my eyes. the ref wasn't going to help him...it's a tactic that he gets away with all the time. chad put an end to it and bhop went out like a little bitch. i can't see that changing in the next fight. dawson has bhops number. he may be the first person to stop him if bhop decides to man up. there's a reason he has used all these cheating tactics that everyone wants to label as gamesmanship or crafty veteran tricks...i call it cowardice and insecurity because if he was confident in his skills and abilities he wouldn't have to resort to that bullshit.

no matter what anyone says to me, you cannot justify picking someone up and dropping them in a boxing match, you can bring in all the angles, all the cameras, but he picked him up and dropped him on his ass, plenty of other boxers have been in that position and they still managed to do fine, the veteran tricks, or cheating or whatever, everyone does from mayweather to hopkins wink.gif
BrutalBodyShots
I'll be at the rematch live in AC, scooped up tickets right when they went on sale noon Thurs. Anyone else going?
BrutalBodyShots
I love how people keep referencing their "last fight" when it was what, 4 minutes long? Like 4 minutes has anything to do with how a 36 minute fight would go.

Hopkins has looked like shit for 4 minutes against lots of his opponents and more often than not he ends up beating them.

mgrover
QUOTE (BrutalBodyShots @ Feb 26 2012, 06:22 PM) *
I love how people keep referencing their "last fight" when it was what, 4 minutes long? Like 4 minutes has anything to do with how a 36 minute fight would go.

Hopkins has looked like shit for 4 minutes against lots of his opponents and more often than not he ends up beating them.

this says it all
daprofessor
QUOTE (mgrover @ Feb 26 2012, 09:29 AM) *
no matter what anyone says to me, you cannot justify picking someone up and dropping them in a boxing match, you can bring in all the angles, all the cameras, but he picked him up and dropped him on his ass, plenty of other boxers have been in that position and they still managed to do fine, the veteran tricks, or cheating or whatever, everyone does from mayweather to hopkins wink.gif

certain fighters do that shit and get away with it. it's a fight. floyd does it with his forearm to all of his opponents...klit did it to haye....bhop tried to do it to chad. which guy would u rather be? it's a fight. plenty other boxers have been tossed to the canvas and got back up to fight intstead of bitching out and faking injury. if ur going to take it there...be ready for the consequences. i might be alone in this...but i wasn't surprised or mad when tyson bit holyfields ear. the ref did absolutely nothing to stop it or help tyson...he took matters into his own hands. i'd rather be tyson with a piece of holyfields ear in my mouth rather than rahman looking like the elephant man. i don't need to justify it to u. no matter how silly or misguided i think ur opinion may be...ur entitled to it. laugh.gif
daprofessor
QUOTE (BrutalBodyShots @ Feb 26 2012, 01:22 PM) *

sure it was only 4 minutes...but what about all the years bhop acted like dawson didn't exist or wanted no parts of him? that has to count for something. bhop never wanted to fight him and he and his ppl have let that be known on several occasions.
mgrover
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Feb 26 2012, 07:56 PM) *
certain fighters do that shit and get away with it. it's a fight. floyd does it with his forearm to all of his opponents...klit did it to haye....bhop tried to do it to chad. which guy would u rather be? it's a fight. plenty other boxers have been tossed to the canvas and got back up to fight intstead of bitching out and faking injury. if ur going to take it there...be ready for the consequences. i might be alone in this...but i wasn't surprised or mad when tyson bit holyfields ear. the ref did absolutely nothing to stop it or help tyson...he took matters into his own hands. i'd rather be tyson with a piece of holyfields ear in my mouth rather than rahman looking like the elephant man. i don't need to justify it to u. no matter how silly or misguided i think ur opinion may be...ur entitled to it. laugh.gif

but theres a difference between doing something that would effectively end a fight due to injurying another fighter in another way, and the general use of illegal tactics lets call them. you believe so strongly that he faked an injury when am sure this was taken into account when hopkins got his title back, since you know better than everyone, i guess your opinion is as silly or misguided as i thought.
Cshel86
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Feb 26 2012, 02:59 PM) *
what about all the years bhop acted like dawson didn't exist or wanted no parts of him? that has to count for something. bhop never wanted to fight him and he and his ppl have let that be known on several occasions.

For the record, he acted as if Dawson didn't existed, because monetarily, he didn't. Hopkins was staring down bigger fights, and Dawson wasn't even on the radar. Of course he would've been a big challenge for him, but for a guy fighting on father time with big name opponents in his division, can you blame him?

Dawson was too busy fighting old men, which didn't help his career at all. He was still green at the time, seriously. Imagine what little that would've done for Bernard's career back then, and compare it to the lousy numbers that their recent fight did. Besides, Hopkins had JUST broken a huge record in the sport, which gave his career another breath of fresh air, but still didn't help the numbers.

So it's safe to say that Bernard still needs big names to get paid, which Dawson still isn't (a big name). Funny how a guy like Pascal was put in front of Dawson, and all he could manage to do was get thrown off his game, and people still try to give him credit for that last-minute comeback that he pulled out of his ass. For somebody who REALLY wanted a Hopkins fight, he did poor job convincing us.

If anything, Dawson needs to be thankful that the fight even took place to begin with. Lastly, he needs to be thankful that it ended the way it did, so now the rematch gets more exposure...something that Chad is incapable of producing with his elementary-level dialogue.
daprofessor
QUOTE (mgrover @ Feb 26 2012, 05:02 PM) *
but theres a difference between doing something that would effectively end a fight due to injurying another fighter in another way, and the general use of illegal tactics lets call them. you believe so strongly that he faked an injury when am sure this was taken into account when hopkins got his title back, since you know better than everyone, i guess your opinion is as silly or misguided as i thought.

again...plenty of fighters have been fouled in several different ways. not all of them fake injury to end a fight or avoid the impending ass whoopin.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 26 2012, 08:18 PM) *
For the record, he acted as if Dawson didn't existed, because monetarily, he didn't. Hopkins was staring down bigger fights, and Dawson wasn't even on the radar. Of course he would've been a big challenge for him, but for a guy fighting on father time with big name opponents in his division, can you blame him?

Dawson was too busy fighting old men, which didn't help his career at all. He was still green at the time, seriously. Imagine what little that would've done for Bernard's career back then, and compare it to the lousy numbers that their recent fight did. Besides, Hopkins had JUST broken a huge record in the sport, which gave his career another breath of fresh air, but still didn't help the numbers.

So it's safe to say that Bernard still needs big names to get paid, which Dawson still isn't (a big name). Funny how a guy like Pascal was put in front of Dawson, and all he could manage to do was get thrown off his game, and people still try to give him credit for that last-minute comeback that he pulled out of his ass. For somebody who REALLY wanted a Hopkins fight, he did poor job convincing us.

If anything, Dawson needs to be thankful that the fight even took place to begin with. Lastly, he needs to be thankful that it ended the way it did, so now the rematch gets more exposure...something that Chad is incapable of producing with his elementary-level dialogue.

i agree with the bolded statement...the rest...not so much. pascal wasn't an easy fight for bhop either. let's not act like pascal is a bum. he had bhop rocked on several occasions. against chad...he came apart like a cheap suit and there is absolutely no denying that his hometown ref and doctor saved him. if anything...i think his poor performances led to hopkins taking the fight the first time. i don't know how...or why....but i did not expect this rematch to get made. chad is going to retire popkins.
Cshel86
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Feb 27 2012, 03:57 PM) *
i agree with the bolded statement...

Honestly, the bolded statement was all that mattered back then. Even if Dawson was "a risk" back then, he still wasn't going to bring any money to the table. If you look at it again, how many PPVs did they sell?

Imagine if that fight happened back then. It wouldn't have served Bernard any purpose, hence the number they just did. Pascal wasn't a bum, and him beating Chad, landed him a Hopkins fight...a controversial one, that catapulted a big rematch, in which Hopkins broke a boxing record in great fashion.

Dawson is just boring and he's a freakin' cry baby, with limited literary skills and no fuckin' personality. If anything, being vocally/promotionally impressive, has been Dawson's biggest fight to this day, which is an uphill battle.

Let's not forget to mention his "lapsy daisy" ring appeal, which has done him no favors, and all he can come up with is, "Bernard's scared of me, he's been avoiding me". Very original of him, he should ask Guerrero what favors that's done for him laugh.gif
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 27 2012, 04:07 PM) *
Honestly, the bolded statement was all that mattered back then. Even if Dawson was "a risk" back then, he still wasn't going to bring any money to the table. If you look at it again, how many PPVs did they sell?

Imagine if that fight happened back then. It wouldn't have served Bernard any purpose, hence the number they just did. Pascal wasn't a bum, and him beating Chad, landed him a Hopkins fight...a controversial one, that catapulted a big rematch, in which Hopkins broke a boxing record in great fashion.

Dawson is just boring and he's a freakin' cry baby, with limited literary skills and no fuckin' personality. If anything, being vocally/promotionally impressive, has been Dawson's biggest fight to this day, which is an uphill battle.

Let's not forget to mention his "lapsy daisy" ring appeal, which has done him no favors, and all he can come up with is, "Bernard's scared of me, he's been avoiding me". Very original of him, he should ask Guerrero what favors that's done for him laugh.gif

honestly...i could not care less about his promotional skills...or his ability to talk shit. laugh.gif usually the guys who have to sell themselves offer the least. i think chad is more skilled than most. some ppl find checkers very entertaining...i've always loved chess. same with pop music....it appeals to the masses. i love jazz. it's just one of those things i guess. laugh.gif

bhop fought librado andrade's brother...a guy whose name i cannot recall. he wasn't a title holder. he's hardly been televised. that fight happened before the rjj rematch. if he can fight a guy like that....than chad was an option. bhop chose pascal because he saw all the technical flaws that he knew he could exploit. make no mistake about it. bhop has always done it his way. he is one of the best at picking the opponents he can beat. i think his time is up though.
Cshel86
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Feb 27 2012, 04:15 PM) *
honestly...i could not care less about his promotional skills...or his ability to talk shit.

Dawson needs to fix that for you, and especially for the ones that dont know him. Im not saying that EVERY fighter is going to make 8 figures and be huge PPV stars in their careers, but one should aspire to do such. Hell, at least they will make some decent money along the way, whether they succeed or fail at it.

usually the guys who have to sell themselves offer the least.

I will go and repeat this to Mayweather, so he can laugh at me and gladly tell me to go and fuck myself laugh.gif

i think chad is more skilled than most.

He should utilize those skills to build a fight, or at least build his name up. Little does he know, whether he decides to make a name for himself or not...people will always give him a name. Right now, I just see him as a boring fighter with no means of verbally/promotionally making himself known...I haven't come up with a sarcastic name for him yet laugh.gif

some ppl find checkers very entertaining...i've always loved chess. laugh.gif

I like little bit of both. In comparison, I like Gatti/Ward type fights (checkers), and I also like Mayweather-type fighters (chess).

same with pop music....it appeals to the masses. i love jazz. it's just one of those things i guess. laugh.gif

laugh.gif

You have to expand your horizons Professor!

bhop fought librado andrade's brother...a guy whose name i cannot recall. he wasn't a title holder. he's hardly been televised. that fight happened before the rjj rematch. if he can fight a guy like that....than chad was an option. bhop chose pascal because he saw all the technical flaws that he knew he could exploit. make no mistake about it. bhop has always done it his way. he is one of the best at picking the opponents he can beat. i think his time is up though.

I remember that fight...it was the same night that Danny Green took RJJ on that tea-cup ride laugh.gif The fact of the matter is, everybody knew that RJJ and Hopkins were supposed to fight in the upcoming months, though Roy almost blew it when he got flattened.

Of course Hopkins would pick Pascal...ESPECIALLY after he just beat Dawson. Whether he saw technical flaws in Jean or not, he still could've used the excuse that Dawson couldn't get past Pascal the Rascal.

Point is, Chad came up short, so he had to take the back seat (once again), and he found himself fighting on the undercard of the Hopkins/Pascal rematch. He was lucky to get the first Hopkins fight, or maybe he got that with Bernard by default.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 27 2012, 06:16 PM) *
Dawson needs to fix that for you, and especially for the ones that dont know him. Im not saying that EVERY fighter is going to make 8 figures and be huge PPV stars in their careers, but one should aspire to do such. Hell, at least they will make some decent money along the way, whether they succeed or fail at it.

I will go and repeat this to Mayweather, so he can laugh at me and gladly tell me to go and fuck myself laugh.gif

He should utilize those skills to build a fight, or at least build his name up. Little does he know, whether he decides to make a name for himself or not...people will always give him a name. Right now, I just see him as a boring fighter with no means of verbally/promotionally making himself known...I haven't come up with a sarcastic name for him yet laugh.gif

I like little bit of both. In comparison, I like Gatti/Ward type fights (checkers), and I also like Mayweather-type fighters (chess).

laugh.gif

You have to expand your horizons Professor!

I remember that fight...it was the same night that Danny Green took RJJ on that tea-cup ride laugh.gif The fact of the matter is, everybody knew that RJJ and Hopkins were supposed to fight in the upcoming months, though Roy almost blew it when he got flattened.

Of course Hopkins would pick Pascal...ESPECIALLY after he just beat Dawson. Whether he saw technical flaws in Jean or not, he still could've used the excuse that Dawson couldn't get past Pascal the Rascal.

Point is, Chad came up short, so he had to take the back seat (once again), and he found himself fighting on the undercard of the Hopkins/Pascal rematch. He was lucky to get the first Hopkins fight, or maybe he got that with Bernard by default.

that sad part of it all....when chad beats bhop...he won't get the credit he deserves.

i like bhop...but he's pulled the wool over everyones eyes for years.
mgrover
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Feb 27 2012, 08:52 PM) *
again...plenty of fighters have been fouled in several different ways. not all of them fake injury to end a fight or avoid the impending ass whoopin.

this pretty much refers nothing to my point or even answers it, so in this statement you seem to think that Hopkins was fouled? if that's so doesn't a foul usually constitute something that shouldn't happen due the danger it imposes on a fighter aside from the general blunt trauma to the head, I mean it's illegal for a reason. The reason Dawson did it because the crowd went wild when they thought that Dawson got KD, he obviously lost his cool. Stop trying to justify fouling, I bet if it was Hopkins that did that, you'd be burning him at the stake, why? Cause it's Hopkins, Mr Con. I mean your little choir boy Dawson wouldn't dream of fouling someone in a boxing match...
Cshel86
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Feb 27 2012, 07:13 PM) *
that sad part of it all....when chad beats bhop...he won't get the credit he deserves.

i like bhop...but he's pulled the wool over everyones eyes for years.

Yeah you're right about that, but again, whose to blame for him not getting credit for it?
iKeNjiro
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 27 2012, 10:18 AM) *

When did we as boxers, and boxing fans start to care about what you said in the bold?
Who cares how he talks and what not or acting to sale a fight.
yea Dawson upsets me when he hurts guys and does nothing, or when he looks lost in his mind...
But the Man has never cheated and always come to fight and win, takes great shots
what is with the disliking of Dawson?

Hopkins is a cheater and known cheater...actually I am tired of writing the same shit over and over lol

we can bet on the fight whoever wants to

Dawson wins and wins big...
mgrover
QUOTE (iKeNjiro @ Feb 28 2012, 10:23 AM) *

its the fact that he acted like he was the champ and that he knocked hopkins the fuck out, or that maybe he won't own up to what he did is why i dislike him. when he went off shouting at the end like a bitch because he worked so hard for 8 week, what do other boxers say to that shit then, people who wana win work hard theres no two ways about it. he was almost complaining about having to train for 8 weeks.
Cshel86
QUOTE (iKeNjiro @ Feb 28 2012, 05:23 AM) *
When did we as boxers, and boxing fans start to care about what you said in the bold?

Im not saying that we ALL care about a fighter's ability to sell themselves and so forth, but when the sport moved to premium networks and PPV, THAT'S when it became an issue. Seriously, why do you think Dawson has been calling Hopkins out all these years? Hopkins was the top guy in the division, well, close enough anyway.

The same went for Mayweather back in the day when he was calling out Oscar, and Shane did the same. C'mon, these are the pros, these guys dont call these guys out to show that they are "the best". They do it for a payday, and hope to cross over in the public. Some guys can fight the top names and still not be a huge star (i.e. Mosley after the Oscar fights).

Thats why I say that Dawson got this fight by default, because honestly, there's no one else left in the LHW division, that can bring him the type of money that he wants. Im not saying that Bernard is a huge draw, but he's the biggest draw at LHW, and there was nothing left for him in the division.

QUOTE (iKeNjiro @ Feb 28 2012, 05:23 AM) *

What is there to like about him? His chest was full of hot air and confidence after the fight, but leading up to the fight, he carried on with this dry dialogue and uncertainty. Had he not tried to beat Hopkins being dirty in the fight, then maybe we wouldn't be discussing this rematch.

He scooped the man up and pushed him off. Sadly, their feet were tangled, and Hopkins took a dive, and the fight ended. So for him to walk around like he did something, or for people to say that those 2 rounds told a story, is ridiculous.

Oh yeah...let's not forget how bold he was in saying that he didn't want a rematch once he was crowned champ after that travesty. Honestly, he was okay with the way it ended and wanted no parts of Bernard. THEN, when the ruling was overturned and Hopkins got his title back, Chad started screaming for a rematch. Funny that this is a guy that everyone chooses to support though laugh.gif
BrutalBodyShots
Hopkins doesn't fear Dawson in the least. Pascal is faster, hits harder, is more awkward and is more explosive than Dawson and Hopkins beat him twice (yes, twice). Pascal possessed similar traits to the undefeated Taylor that also gave Hopkins problems.

Dawson doesn't have anything Hopkins hasn't seen before. I picture Dawson struggling and having flat spots against Pascal, Tarver, Johnson etc and honestly I don't see how he can be favored to beat Hopkins.

daprofessor
QUOTE (BrutalBodyShots @ Feb 28 2012, 10:02 PM) *
Hopkins doesn't fear Dawson in the least. Pascal is faster, hits harder, is more awkward and is more explosive than Dawson and Hopkins beat him twice (yes, twice). Pascal possessed similar traits to the undefeated Taylor that also gave Hopkins problems.

Dawson doesn't have anything Hopkins hasn't seen before. I picture Dawson struggling and having flat spots against Pascal, Tarver, Johnson etc and honestly I don't see how he can be favored to beat Hopkins.

pascal fights off the front foot and is much easier to hit than chad. pascal is also a one trick pony who does the same shit over and over. dawson is more elusive and more skilled.
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Feb 29 2012, 02:08 PM) *
pascal fights off the front foot and is much easier to hit than chad. pascal is also a one trick pony who does the same shit over and over. dawson is more elusive and more skilled.

...and Dawson lost more rounds than he won against Pascal, so what does that say? If a "one trick pony" didn't have trouble winning rounds against Dawson, how do you think a guy like Hopkins that is able to adapt and certainly has many more tricks in his bag will do? Pascal, Tarver, Johnson - these guys all landed on Dawson... and Hopkins' accuracy/timing is light years better than those guys.

So, in your opinion why did Pascal do well against Dawson (aside from running close to E at the end) You say Dawson is more elusive, more skilled, is harder to hit and his more versatile than Pascal. Yet he lost. Please explain.

daprofessor
QUOTE (BrutalBodyShots @ Feb 29 2012, 07:44 PM) *
...and Dawson lost more rounds than he won against Pascal, so what does that say? If a "one trick pony" didn't have trouble winning rounds against Dawson, how do you think a guy like Hopkins that is able to adapt and certainly has many more tricks in his bag will do? Pascal, Tarver, Johnson - these guys all landed on Dawson... and Hopkins' accuracy/timing is light years better than those guys.

So, in your opinion why did Pascal do well against Dawson (aside from running close to E at the end) You say Dawson is more elusive, more skilled, is harder to hit and his more versatile than Pascal. Yet he lost. Please explain.

it says styles make fights. what matters in my eyes is that he had pascal figured out in the end...and would have ktfo'd him if the dr and the ref didn't save him in his home town.

hopkins knows why dawson isn't the easier opponent. it's why he didn't fight him all that time. it's also why he faked injury to avoid an ass whoopin. when the rematch happens...u'll see what dawson, bhop and myself already know...chad is going to whoop him. laugh.gif
BrutalBodyShots
We've already hashed out the you think he faked the injury thing - we're all entitled to our opinions. We'll talk on the 29th of April.

BrutalBodyShots
Actually better yet, since you say Chad is going to whoop him... why don't you give me a breakdown of the fight as you see it panning out, and then I'll do the same for you and we'll see who is more accurate once the fight is over. Obviously we already know you are taking Dawson and I'm taking Hopkins... but let's be more specific.

neophyte7
Anyone stating Hopkins is getting whooped based upon those 2 rounds with Dawson is silly. How about Hopkins knocking Dawson down as Nazim Richardson pointed out??? please... Dawson has talked too damned much. He dumped a 46 year old fighter why?? Why such a tactic if you are so superior???
daprofessor
QUOTE (BrutalBodyShots @ Feb 29 2012, 09:40 PM) *
Actually better yet, since you say Chad is going to whoop him... why don't you give me a breakdown of the fight as you see it panning out, and then I'll do the same for you and we'll see who is more accurate once the fight is over. Obviously we already know you are taking Dawson and I'm taking Hopkins... but let's be more specific.

fair enough...

u go first since u came up with the idea.
daprofessor
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Feb 29 2012, 10:13 PM) *
Anyone stating Hopkins is getting whooped based upon those 2 rounds with Dawson is silly. How about Hopkins knocking Dawson down as Nazim Richardson pointed out??? please... Dawson has talked too damned much. He dumped a 46 year old fighter why?? Why such a tactic if you are so superior???

i think it's funny that everyone is pissed about dawson dumping hopkins who is usually the only guy with the dirty tactics. let's not act like he wasn't falling over dawson and pushing him down. that is illegal u know. so if dawson did indeed retaliate...what's so wrong about that? should he have let bhop continue doing that and wearing him down? or should he have waited for the ref to save him from bhops cheating tactics?

neophyte7
Dawson was so happy with what happened be became delusional as if he really won the championship by beating Hopkins... the belt was given back to Hopkins because the commission ruled Dawson fouled Hopkins.. sure Hopkins is dirty in there but he is not reverting to tipping guys over... Dawson has all of the pressure on him.. every time he opens his mouth he ups that pressure... he talks as if he is soooo dominant yet he has been subpar in the ring on numerous occasions. Hopkins should have been awarded a knockdown.. Dawson went towards the canvas with a not so hard shot... I am interested in more than 2 rounds of rematch..
Cshel86
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Mar 1 2012, 10:07 PM) *
Dawson was so happy with what happened be became delusional as if he really won the championship by beating Hopkins... the belt was given back to Hopkins because the commission ruled Dawson fouled Hopkins.. sure Hopkins is dirty in there but he is not reverting to tipping guys over... Dawson has all of the pressure on him.. every time he opens his mouth he ups that pressure... he talks as if he is soooo dominant yet he has been subpar in the ring on numerous occasions. Hopkins should have been awarded a knockdown.. Dawson went towards the canvas with a not so hard shot... I am interested in more than 2 rounds of rematch..

Nuff said...
BrutalBodyShots
Sure, you got it:

Rounds 1-5: Both guys feel each other out. As usual, Hopkins uses the opening rounds to learn about his opponent, is a little tentative to open up, etc. As a result he gets behind 3 rounds to 2. No different than when he faced Pascal or Taylor. The first 5 rounds are all fairly uneventful but closely contested due to less than stellar action. Dawson's slightly higher work rate gives him the nod in the slight majority of these rounds IMO. However, due to the close nature of the rounds and not much happening, I think many will see it 3-2 Hopkins rather than 3-2 Dawson.

Rounds 6-10: Hopkins begins timing and countering Dawson more. Dawson slows down more and has lapses in his game as he does in all of his fights. Periods of 20-30 seconds where he does nothing. Hopkins begins to land the lead right hand. Expect to see a lot of the right hands that Hopkins put Calzaghe down with come the middle rounds. Hopkins starts banging Dawson more in the clinch, rough housing him a bit, and basically frustrating him more. These rounds look like typical "Hopkins rounds" where he starts to snatch his opponents soul. Hopkins wins 4 out of 5 of these rounds.

Scoring thus far going into the 11th and 12th: Hopkins 6-4 in rounds (or 7-3 for those that gave him 3-2 in the first 5) so 96-94 or 97-93.

Rounds 11 & 12: More of the same with Hopkins beating Dawson to the punch. A few flashy combinations from Dawson but nothing really lands cleanly. Both guys are clearly tired. Hopkins clearly takes the 11th. The 12th should also be a Hopkins round, but I think he gets a little reckless in there trying to stop Dawson. In trying to make a statement Dawson is able to get in enough shots to possibly steal the round. Close round though that could be argued either way. I personally think Hopkins takes it though.

My final score card: 116-112 Hopkins

Worst case score 115-113 Hopkins (if you give Dawson 3 of the first 5 AND the 12th). The wide score for Hopkins would be 117-111 (if you gave him 3 of the first 5 and the 12th).

I'm not going to predict any knockdowns or point deductions - just a straight up score with the flow of the fight going as I've illustrated above. Let's hear your breakdown now.

BrutalBodyShots
Come on man where's your prediction? You've posted today in just about every thread other than this one...
mgrover
am actually curious how the fight will match up to this prediction
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE (mgrover @ Mar 3 2012, 07:49 AM) *
am actually curious how the fight will match up to this prediction

Also, not to beat a dead horse... but the first fight between these two that didn't even make it 2 rounds not only follows my prediction for this fight but essentially all Hopkins fights. Shit, even DLH took the opening round or two against Hopkins.
neophyte7
Strange thing here is in those two rounds I actually think Hopkins did the most work... I recall Hopkins inside lifting Dawson head up with a stiff upper cut.. also as Nazim pointed out .. Dawson was knocked down.. LMAO... WINKY WRIGHT WHO is bitter still from being roughed up by Hopkins is the CULPRIT THAT TOLD DAWSON TO GET INTO THAT EXCESSIVE DIRTY SHIT!!!...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.