Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Povetkin vs Huck
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
The Original MrFactor
This turned out to be a pretty good fight. Early on, it looked like Povetkin was gonna walk away with it. Huck made it a pretty good fight. Damn shame that the Epix channel stream is horrible, so you easily miss some good chunks of the fight. The part that wasnt missed was damn good. For waht its worth, if a small guy like Huck can take it to Povetkin like that, then either Klit will destroy him. Povetkin was almost down on a few occassions late in the fight. If Huck had pressed a little earlier in the fight, he walks away with a decision. Huck weighed 209lbs for the fight. When he was aggressive, he landed some very hard rights against Povetkin and hurt him. WHEN Wlad does it, its gonna end his night. He'd better cash in now before someone beats him...
Cheesey1
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Feb 26 2012, 10:24 PM) *
This turned out to be a pretty good fight. Early on, it looked like Povetkin was gonna walk away with it. Huck made it a pretty good fight. Damn shame that the Epix channel stream is horrible, so you easily miss some good chunks of the fight. The part that wasnt missed was damn good. For waht its worth, if a small guy like Huck can take it to Povetkin like that, then either Klit will destroy him. Povetkin was almost down on a few occassions late in the fight. If Huck had pressed a little earlier in the fight, he walks away with a decision. Huck weighed 209lbs for the fight. When he was aggressive, he landed some very hard rights against Povetkin and hurt him. WHEN Wlad does it, its gonna end his night. He'd better cash in now before someone beats him...

I missed it, but that's how I heard that it happened. Sounds like it's worth a viewing on you tube.
Franchize
I watched it on Epix. Their HD on Fios sucks dick. I, like Rafael and Roach, thought Huck won. This was a good fight though. No complaints with the decision. I just thought Huck landed the cleaner, more damaging blows. He also got stronger as the fight wore on whereas Povetkin looked like he was going to pass out. Im not sure how I feel about Huck going for but I damn sure understand Teddy's reservation about Povetkin fighting either Klitchsko.
Cshel86
At this point, it's obvious that I need a worldwide clock, to understand the time barriers. I had a stream for it, but as soon as I clicked on it at about 5:35PM (EST), somebody Povetkin was getting his hand raised.

I just saw the recaps at the end, and boy, Huck fights like a damn WW with those straight shots down the pipe in conjunction with the head movement. He's a bit quick for a CW, of course thats just my opinion.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.