Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rios vs. Gamboa
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
pimpfighterROQ
Anybody see Rios and Gamboa to be played out like Dela Hoya vs Pacquiao?

Rios shouldn't fight at lightweight anymore...

edit: I can't embed videos for shit. Anyways heres the link HBO boxing: 2 days
leonthegee
I dont see that happening. Rios is still young so even if he struggles to make weight he should still be able to compete. At least for half to 3/4's of the fight. Plus Gamboas always struggled keeping his hands up so its very possible that Yuri runs into something early.
Cshel86
Great video!

From what I've been reading, Rios now has a nutritionist or somebody that he listens to when it comes to his diet. I believe he will be okay for the Gamboa fight, being the fact that he was talking about it last month, and Im sure he knows that this fight will catapult his career.

Besides, he has about a good two months to carefully shed the weight and maintain his faculties in the process. I like the comparison you made about DLH/Pac, but yeah, I believe he will be smart about the weight this time. Not eating for 5 days is some wreckless ass shit no2.gif

He looked dead as hell in the video...waaaaay worse than the photo that I posted of him before his December bout. The video just made it looked worse, especially when he was in the back sitting in that chair...motherfucker looked like a back up dancer in the Thriller video. They should've seriously called that fight off because of his appearance, which was hazardous, to say the least.
Cheesey1
Agree with Leon and Cshel, plus hadn't Oscar not fought at WW (or whatever the Saint made him drain himself down to) for a while, whereas Rios won't be in that situation? I haven't really followed Rios' career, so I could be wrong.
jrosales13
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 23 2012, 10:37 AM) *
Great video!

From what I've been reading, Rios now has a nutritionist or somebody that he listens to when it comes to his diet. I believe he will be okay for the Gamboa fight, being the fact that he was talking about it last month, and Im sure he knows that this fight will catapult his career.

Besides, he has about a good two months to carefully shed the weight and maintain his faculties in the process. I like the comparison you made about DLH/Pac, but yeah, I believe he will be smart about the weight this time. Not eating for 5 days is some wreckless ass shit no2.gif

He looked dead as hell in the video...waaaaay worse than the photo that I posted of him before his December bout. The video just made it looked worse, especially when he was in the back sitting in that chair...motherfucker looked like a back up dancer in the Thriller video. They should've seriously called that fight off because of his appearance, which was hazardous, to say the least.

I agree. Word is Rios is at a good weight right now. He still might struggle to lose the last pound or 2 since he has outgrown the weight-class. But, he should still be pretty good at fight fight night. Win or lose this will be Rios last fight at 135
jrosales13
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Feb 23 2012, 10:46 AM) *
Agree with Leon and Cshel, plus hadn't Oscar not fought at WW (or whatever the Saint made him drain himself down to) for a while, whereas Rios won't be in that situation? I haven't really followed Rios' career, so I could be wrong.

Who made Oscar drain down to WW?
Cshel86
QUOTE (jrosales13 @ Feb 23 2012, 10:26 AM) *
Win or lose this will be Rios last fight at 135

Yep! Besides, what's left in the lightweight division anyway?
Cheesey1
QUOTE (jrosales13 @ Feb 23 2012, 10:27 AM) *
Who made Oscar drain down to WW?

You know who I'm talking about. If you don't, then let's leave it alone.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 23 2012, 12:11 PM) *

Haha, that Tim Bradley gif/photo is hilarious!!! Tiny Timmy in the heezeey!!!

Re. lightweight, how about Adrian Broner?
jrosales13
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 23 2012, 01:11 PM) *

No big money fight, But, there is Miguel Vazquez who might be the most underrated fighter in the sport right now

QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Feb 23 2012, 01:27 PM) *
You know who I'm talking about. If you don't, then let's leave it alone.

Who are you talking about? Oscar himself? It has to be, since he is the one who picked the weight-class. Obviously you do not know what the hell you're talking about or is choosing to re-write history. Which is it?
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Feb 23 2012, 12:28 PM) *
Haha, that Tim Bradley gif/photo is hilarious!!! Tiny Timmy in the heezeey!!!

Re. lightweight, how about Adrian Broner?

Ha! I saw the pic The Scene, and I HAD to add some caption to it. Hell, I may just open a thread for it!

As far as a match up with Broner at LW, Rios would be dead a door knob for that fight. Then it would all depend on whether or not Broner wanted to move up to LW. Let's not forget Arum is involved. No way he puts his fighter in there with a guy that vividly reminds him of the person that he hates with a passion laugh.gif
checkleft
Def agree with you about that. It's the cotto mayweather scenario all over again Haha
Cheesey1
QUOTE (jrosales13 @ Feb 23 2012, 12:48 PM) *
No big money fight, But, there is Miguel Vazquez who might be the most underrated fighter in the sport right now

Who are you talking about? Oscar himself? It has to be, since he is the one who picked the weight-class. Obviously you do not know what the hell you're talking about or is choosing to re-write history. Which is it?

Okay man, I have no idea what I'm talking about. Heavy sarcasm.....

You know what, let's discuss. What weight was De La Hoya campaigning at before he fought the saint? That includes the Mayweather bout.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 23 2012, 01:25 PM) *
Ha! I saw the pic The Scene, and I HAD to add some caption to it. Hell, I may just open a thread for it!

As far as a match up with Broner at LW, Rios would be dead a door knob for that fight. Then it would all depend on whether or not Broner wanted to move up to LW. Let's not forget Arum is involved. No way he puts his fighter in there with a guy that vividly reminds him of the person that he hates with a passion laugh.gif

My fault, wrong division.
jrosales13
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Feb 23 2012, 03:15 PM) *
Okay man, I have no idea what I'm talking about. Heavy sarcasm.....

You know what, let's discuss. What weight was De La Hoya campaigning at before he fought the saint? That includes the Mayweather bout.

154 Your point? Now who called out who? Who went after who especially after seeing what Margarito did to Cotto?

Again either you do not know what the hell you're talking about or are just trying to re-write history.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (jrosales13 @ Feb 23 2012, 03:44 PM) *
154 Your point? Now who called out who? Who went after who especially after seeing what Margarito did to Cotto?

Again either you do not know what the hell you're talking about or are just trying to re-write history.

"My point...?" I don't need to try to rewrite history. Oscar was fighting at 154 and had been for a few fights, if not several fights. Manny wouldn't accept the challenge at that weight. I don't need to convince you. If your boy Manny wasn't such a pussy hole he would've taken the fight at 154.
jrosales13
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Feb 23 2012, 05:10 PM) *
I don't need to try to rewrite history. Oscar was fighting at 154, Manny wouldn't accept the challenge at that weight. I don't need to convince you. If your boy Manny wasn't such a pussy hole he would've taken the fight at 154.

When was the fight offer at 154? Oscar was coming down to 147 for a rematch with Floyd. He was talking about going down to 147 in 05-06, he was at the cover of ring magazine titled "Svelter Welter" long before Pac came into the picture. It was Oscar who tried to cherry pick Pacquiao and it was Oscar who chose the fight at WW not the other way around. And, he did it so it could be see somewhat of a legit fight. Since earlier that Pac had fought JMM at 130 and only had 1 fight at 135. People was already considering that fight a joke and was saying Oscar should be fighting Margarito instead.

It's obvious that you're just a Johnny Come lately fan. And, don't know a damn thing of what you're trying to speak of. You not trying to re-write history your dumbass just doesn't know WTF you're talking about. Just STFU.
BartSimpson
I don't think Gamboa is on the Juice like Pacroid is.
Rios is way too big for this guy, and having him move up in weight sounds like a classic Top Rank tactic to me. He's getting thrown under the bus, set up to fail. Is he leaving Top Rank or something?
Cheesey1
QUOTE (jrosales13 @ Feb 23 2012, 04:17 PM) *
When was the fight offer at 154? Oscar was coming down to 147 for a rematch with Floyd. He was talking about going down to 147 in 05-06, he was at the cover of ring magazine titled "Svelter Welter" long before Pac came into the picture. It was Oscar who tried to cherry pick Pacquiao and it was Oscar who chose the fight at WW not the other way around. And, he did it so it could be see somewhat of a legit fight. Since earlier that Pac had fought JMM at 130 and only had 1 fight at 135. People was already considering that fight a joke and was saying Oscar should be fighting Margarito instead.

It's obvious that you're just a Johnny Come lately fan. And, don't know a damn thing of what you're trying to speak of. You not trying to re-write history your dumbass just doesn't know WTF you're talking about. Just STFU.

What you're doing is inferring. I'm going off the fights that Oscar actually had around that time. Steve Forbes etc. I'd post a link for your stupid ass to follow to see what weights he fought at before bitch ass Pacquaio, but I think even your neanderthal self can do a search. I'm not privy to negotiations. If you aren't an insider don't act like one. Anybody can type STFU and talk shit online. As I said, I don't care what you say. I know who Oscar fought, what the weight was and that your boy the Saint and the Bobfather are glad that morons like you act like they know boxing.

Oh and as far as me being a Johnny Come Lately, that's exactly what your mother said.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (BartSimpson @ Feb 23 2012, 07:47 PM) *
I don't think Gamboa is on the Juice like Pacroid is.
Rios is way too big for this guy, and having him move up in weight sounds like a classic Top Rank tactic to me. He's getting thrown under the bus, set up to fail. Is he leaving Top Rank or something?

There was an interview or something with Roger Mayweather where he said that Gamboa was signing with Mayweather promotions. I have no idea if that's true.
jrosales13
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Feb 23 2012, 08:55 PM) *
What you're doing is inferring. I'm going off the fights that Oscar actually had around that time. Steve Forbes etc. I'd post a link for your stupid ass to follow to see what weights he fought at before bitch ass Pacquaio, but I think even your neanderthal self can do a search. I'm not privy to negotiations. If you aren't an insider don't act like one. Anybody can type STFU and talk shit online. As I said, I don't care what you say. I know who Oscar fought, what the weight was and that your boy the Saint and the Bobfather are glad that morons like you act like they know boxing.

Oh and as far as me being a Johnny Come Lately, that's exactly what your mother said.

Obviously you're a stupid ass who knows shit about the sport.

Get a fucking clue first and then come talk to me. It was Oscar who went to Pac not the other way around. It was Oscar who chose Pac the 147 weight-class not the other way around. Just so the fight could be somewhat passable. It was already considered a joke and a mismatch. Oscar was already getting ridiculed for fighting Pac. So asking Pac to go 154 it would have been even worse for him. Oscar was the one who was cherrypicking because he wanted to avoid Margarito and it backfired on his ass.

Your not even fit to carry my jockstrap when it comes to the knowledge about this sport. So don't pretend like you have any kind of knowledge. Because, I will expose your stupid ass real quick.
BoxingEinstein

Bam Bam is gonna give Gamboa The Pizza face with extra toppings like he did Murray.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (jrosales13 @ Feb 23 2012, 09:00 PM) *
Obviously you're a stupid ass who knows shit about the sport.

Get a fucking clue first and then come talk to me. It was Oscar who went to Pac not the other way around. It was Oscar who chose Pac the 147 weight-class not the other way around. Just so the fight could be somewhat passable. It was already considered a joke and a mismatch. Oscar was already getting ridiculed for fighting Pac. So asking Pac to go 154 it would have been even worse for him. Oscar was the one who was cherrypicking because he wanted to avoid Margarito and it backfired on his ass.

Your not even fit to carry my jockstrap when it comes to the knowledge about this sport. So don't pretend like you have any kind of knowledge. Because, I will expose your stupid ass real quick.

You weren't privy to the negotiations, so stop acting like you know any more than what is out there. Simple facts. De La Hoya fought several times at a higher weight against real boxers and made the mistake of agreeing to come down in weight. Go play with your jock strap, I'm going to play with your mother. When I'm done getting a blow job from that toothless hag, maybe I'll respond to you. I always feel better after I bust a nut on the face of an old slut.
Cshel86
QUOTE (BoxingEinstein @ Feb 23 2012, 10:05 PM) *
Bam Bam is gonna give Gamboa The Pizza face with extra toppings like he did Murray.

Yep, pretty much...
jrosales13
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Feb 23 2012, 10:20 PM) *
You weren't privy to the negotiations, so stop acting like you know any more than what is out there. Simple facts. De La Hoya fought several times at a higher weight against real boxers and made the mistake of agreeing to come down in weight. Go play with your jock strap, I'm going to play with your mother. When I'm done getting a blow job from that toothless hag, maybe I'll respond to you. I always feel better after I bust a nut on the face of an old slut.

You can keep going with your 11yr old momma jokes. Fact of the matter is your knowledge about the sport is very limited. You probably wasn't even watching the sport when Pac-Oscar happened. So please STFU with your dumbass. Oscar didn't agree to shit, Oscar demand it the weight you dumbass. LOL @ your stupid proof of where his fights happened before that. Why do you think Oscar fought Forbes at a catch-weight of 150 dumbass?
Cshel86
Damn, I guess it's safe to say that a Rios/Gamboa topic always starts a squabble dntknw.gif I guess I would know, being the fact that I was caught up in the last one a couple of weeks ago...
Cheesey1
QUOTE (jrosales13 @ Feb 23 2012, 10:57 PM) *
You can keep going with your 11yr old momma jokes. Fact of the matter is your knowledge about the sport is very limited. You probably wasn't even watching the sport when Pac-Oscar happened. So please STFU with your dumbass. Oscar didn't agree to shit, Oscar demand it the weight you dumbass. LOL @ your stupid proof of where his fights happened before that. Why do you think Oscar fought Forbes at a catch-weight of 150 dumbass?

We're done here. I'd rather look at the black and white facts and the facts are that De La Hoya, like others fought Pacquaio at a much less than ideal weight. Go read your ring magazine and try to impress someone else. I know which matches I've watched and which ones I haven't and I also know how De La Hoya was viewed by boxing writers before and after the Trinidad fight.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 23 2012, 11:04 PM) *
Damn, I guess it's safe to say that a Rios/Gamboa topic always starts a squabble dntknw.gif I guess I would know, being the fact that I was caught up in the last one a couple of weeks ago...

Ha! It's cool. I had a blast showing his comments to someone else. Good stuff.
jrosales13
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Feb 23 2012, 11:07 PM) *
We're done here. I'd rather look at the black and white facts and the facts are that De La Hoya, like others fought Pacquaio at a much less than ideal weight. Go read your ring magazine and try to impress someone else. I know which matches I've watched and which ones I haven't and I also know how De La Hoya was viewed by boxing writers before and after the Trinidad fight.

Dumbass is not about what writers viewed him as. Is what he said about moving back down to 147 before Pacquiao was even in the picture. You're right we're down here. LOL @ Pac making Oscar go down to 147 fucking dumbass.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (jrosales13 @ Feb 23 2012, 11:21 PM) *
Dumbass is not about what writers viewed him as. Is what he said about moving back down to 147 before Pacquiao was even in the picture. You're right we're down here. LOL @ Pac making Oscar go down to 147 fucking dumbass.

You misunderstood my comment, but it's cool. You're an idiot. I won't bother explaining it. You can have the last word if you want.
checkleft
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Feb 23 2012, 11:28 PM) *
You misunderstood my comment, but it's cool. You're an idiot. I won't bother explaining it. You can have the last word if you want.

Dude from the posts I read sounds like your waisting your breath. This guy doesnt get it though cheesy
jrosales13
QUOTE (checkleft @ Feb 23 2012, 11:47 PM) *
Dude from the posts I read sounds like your waisting your breath. This guy doesnt get it though cheesy

*sigh* Oscar cherry picked Pacquiao(not the other way around) and it backed fired. Why re-write history? If you guys weren't watching back then, then don't throw your $0.02.

Oscar was going to rematch Floyd Mayweather at 147. Hence why he chose Forbes at 150 as a tune-up. Oscar low balled Floyd and wouldn't give Floyd the split that he deserved and Floyd retired.

Now Oscar didn't have an opponent. Said he would fight the winner of Margarito-Cotto. Banking that Cotto was going to win(Cotto was the favorite). Margarito wins in impressive fashion and looks like a monster.

Oscar goes back on his word of fighting the winner of that match-up since he was only looking at a Cotto showdown.

So then he turns his attention on Pac who at the time only had 1 fight at LW. Earlier that year fought a rematch with JMM at 130. Oscar got flack for choosing to fight Pac at 147. It was considered a joke and a mismatch. All this at 147. If he would have even mentioned the idea of 150+ for Pac he would have gotten crucified. Since he was already getting flack for choosing the much smaller Pac instead of someone like a Margarito.

This was before Pac-Mosley, Pac-Cotto, Pac-Hatton. Pac was barely proven at 135 against journeyman level David Diaz let alone proven at a higher weight. It was Oscar who chose the 147 weight-class not Pacquiao. And, it back fired on Oscar.

Honestly, did no one on this forum watch boxing back then? Or is everyone on here such a Pac hater that they choose to re-write history hoping that no one else notice?
checkleft
Didn't even read that. Lol, but I hope it made you feel smart. There's tons of "yous" on YouTube/boxingscene if I felt like arguing with some dude that has pacs junk in his mouth while Arums riding pac from behind.

jrosales13
QUOTE (checkleft @ Feb 24 2012, 12:31 AM) *
Didn't even read that. Lol, but I hope it made you feel smart. There's tons of "yous" on YouTube/boxingscene if I felt like arguing with some dude that has pacs junk in his mouth while Arums riding pac from behind.

So breaking down how the whole Pac-Oscar thing went down translate into having "Pac junk in his mouth while Arum riding Pac from behind" What kind of weird logic is this?

So please break it down how it transpired.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (jrosales13 @ Feb 24 2012, 12:41 AM) *
So breaking down how the whole Pac-Oscar thing went down translate into having "Pac junk in his mouth while Arum riding Pac from behind" What kind of weird logic is this?

So please break it down how it transpired.

Haha, you really are a blithering idiot. I was awake getting yet another bj from your mother and read this. Since you're so in the know and love your boxing press, you probably just forgot about this. I even highlighted the paragraph for you. As far as how the fight came to be, even your version is BS.

Sources: De La Hoya, Pacquiao agree to Dec. 6 fight in Vegas
EmailPrintComments
By Dan Rafael
ESPN.com
Archive
Oscar De La Hoya, boxing's biggest star, will announce Thursday that he will meet pound-for-pound king Manny Pacquiao on Dec. 6, two sources close to the fight told ESPN.com.

Top Rank's Bob Arum, whose company promotes Pacquiao, would not confirm a deal was in place for what would be the year's biggest fight, but he did tell ESPN.com that De La Hoya would host a media teleconference at 2 p.m. ET on Thursday to announce his opponent.

"We'll know who is he is fighting tomorrow," Arum said Wednesday from Youngstown, Ohio, where he was attending a promotional event for the Kelly Pavlik-Bernard Hopkins fight that he is co-promoting with De La Hoya's Golden Boy Promotions. "I made a commitment that I wouldn't say anything and that tomorrow there would be an announcement. I'm not allowed to make any comments. Everything will be clear on Thursday."

Golden Boy CEO Richard Schaefer would not confirm the deal when asked , but sounded positive when asked about it.

"Last week the deal was 90 percent dead, but we were able to revive it. The fact that it has been so quiet is a good sign," Schaefer said from Mexico, where he was traveling on business with De La Hoya. "It's been a lot of back and forth and skillful negotiating and to try to get each side to soften their stance. If the fight was Arum versus Schaefer, it would have been made awhile ago."

Schaefer dismissed reports this week that welterweight titleholder Paul Williams was under serious consideration to meet De La Hoya. Schaefer said that although Williams' name was thrown out during an internal meeting, it was quickly dismissed, and no contact was ever made between the De La Hoya and Williams camps. Williams promoter Dan Goossen confirmed that as well.

De La Hoya (39-5, 30 KOs), who has repeatedly said the December fight would be the last bout of his storied career in which he's won world titles in six weight divisions, has been in talks with Pacquiao (47-3-2, 35 KOs) for weeks. But negotiations got bogged down when the sides could not come to an agreement on how to split the revenue, which is expected to exceed more than $100 million.

De La Hoya stood firm for weeks on a 70-30 split in his favor; Pacquiao was demanding a 40 percent slice of the pie.

The rest of the major issues, from the maximum weight to the size of the gloves, were agreed upon, with Pacquiao getting his way on a 147-pound weight limit and 8-ounce gloves.

The percentage split that De La Hoya and Pacquiao have apparently agreed to is unclear.

Freddie Roach, Pacquiao's trainer and one of De La Hoya's former trainers, has been an outspoken advocate of the fight, going so far as to say he would train Pacquiao for free because he was so confident he would win.

Roach told ESPN.com on Wednesday that Pacquiao, whom he hadn't spoken to much recently, left him two voice mails at about 7 a.m. ET.

"He left me the messages and at the end of one of them, he said, 'Thanks for all your help.' I read that as the fight is done," Roach said.

Pacquiao, a lightweight titleholder who has won belts in five weight classes and is a national icon in the Philippines, would move up to welterweight for the showdown with De La Hoya.

The fight is expected to take place the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, where De La Hoya has fought five of his last six bouts and seven of his last 10.

Dan Rafael is ESPN.com's boxing writer.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (jrosales13 @ Feb 24 2012, 12:04 AM) *
*sigh* Oscar cherry picked Pacquiao(not the other way around) and it backed fired. Why re-write history? If you guys weren't watching back then, then don't throw your $0.02.

Oscar was going to rematch Floyd Mayweather at 147. Hence why he chose Forbes at 150 as a tune-up. Oscar low balled Floyd and wouldn't give Floyd the split that he deserved and Floyd retired.

Now Oscar didn't have an opponent. Said he would fight the winner of Margarito-Cotto. Banking that Cotto was going to win(Cotto was the favorite). Margarito wins in impressive fashion and looks like a monster.

Oscar goes back on his word of fighting the winner of that match-up since he was only looking at a Cotto showdown.

So then he turns his attention on Pac who at the time only had 1 fight at LW. Earlier that year fought a rematch with JMM at 130. Oscar got flack for choosing to fight Pac at 147. It was considered a joke and a mismatch. All this at 147. If he would have even mentioned the idea of 150+ for Pac he would have gotten crucified. Since he was already getting flack for choosing the much smaller Pac instead of someone like a Margarito.

This was before Pac-Mosley, Pac-Cotto, Pac-Hatton. Pac was barely proven at 135 against journeyman level David Diaz let alone proven at a higher weight. It was Oscar who chose the 147 weight-class not Pacquiao. And, it back fired on Oscar.

Honestly, did no one on this forum watch boxing back then? Or is everyone on here such a Pac hater that they choose to re-write history hoping that no one else notice?

Man, you are such a moron. Stop acting like you're in the know.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (checkleft @ Feb 23 2012, 11:47 PM) *

It's cool. I appreciated it because it forced me to find the article from Dan Rafael that states who wanted the 147 limit. I actually found more stuff that refutes his whole "insider" version as to how the fight came to be.
Cshel86
If I remember correctly, Oscar was still the cash cow at that time. Pacquiao had just fought Diaz that July and came into the fight weighing around 145/147 lbs. There's no way in hell DLH/Pacquiao could've been made if it weren't at a decent weight, because 150 would've been a stretch for Manny.

147 was a death leap for Oscar, but Im sure he underestimated Manny. From what I remember, Oscar was only allowed to regain 2 lbs between the weigh in and fight night. So Im guessing that the negotiating power was a see saw battle.

Just my guess though...
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 24 2012, 11:01 AM) *
If I remember correctly, Oscar was still the cash cow at that time. Pacquiao had just fought Diaz that July and came into the fight weighing around 145/147 lbs. There's no way in hell DLH/Pacquiao could've been made if it weren't at a decent weight, because 150 would've been a stretch for Manny.

147 was a death leap for Oscar, but Im sure he underestimated Manny. From what I remember, Oscar was only allowed to regain 2 lbs between the weigh in and fight night. So Im guessing that the negotiating power was a see saw battle.

Just my guess though...

The Dan Rafael article was interesting. Per him, the Saint and the Bobfather demanded the 147 limit. Of course it's understandable why, but nonetheless they demanded it. Re. the genesis of the bout, supposedly it was the brain child of Larry Merchant and not De La Hoya, whatever. That's how the Saint rolls and from the latest news, apparently the Lord will have to take a back seat to the Bobfather because he isn't retiring. Aaargh!! Please just go away Pacquaio and take your fans with you. Please. I'll even pray to the Bobfather just to make it happen (God forgive me).
pimpfighterROQ
Geez this thread is about Rios being dead beat making 135, making the Gamboa fight like the dela hoya vs pac fight. Lol dont turn this to a pactard thread pls. I knew i shouldnt have made the comparison lol.
Cshel86
C'mon Pimp, you know these type of things happen all the time. You should see the Gamboa/Rios thread from a couple of weeks ago laugh.gif
Cheesey1
QUOTE (pimpfighterROQ @ Feb 24 2012, 12:10 PM) *
Geez this thread is about Rios being dead beat making 135, making the Gamboa fight like the dela hoya vs pac fight. Lol dont turn this to a pactard thread pls. I knew i shouldnt have made the comparison lol.

Haha, I'm over it. It's always interesting dealing with a live pactard, but I think that I'm fine for the rest of the year.
Slumpage
What I don't get is, during the HBO thing, it seemed like Rios and his team were totally done with 135lb. Saying he'd outgrown it etc, so even with this nutritionist etc, it seems like most of his camp is gonna be about cutting weight rather than preparing for a fight. He got away with it against Murray, but he can't expect that approach to work against someone with Gamboa's qualities...

Maybe he's jus gonna do a Floyd (vs Marquez) and jus come in a bit over and pay a fine?

Eitherway, i still see Gamboa beating him and stopping him... My opinion and I aint changing it till i see different! aggressive.gif
Cshel86
QUOTE (Slumpage @ Feb 29 2012, 09:02 AM) *
What I don't get is, during the HBO thing, it seemed like Rios and his team were totally done with 135lb. Saying he'd outgrown it etc, so even with this nutritionist etc, it seems like most of his camp is gonna be about cutting weight rather than preparing for a fight. He got away with it against Murray, but he can't expect that approach to work against someone with Gamboa's qualities...

Maybe he's jus gonna do a Floyd (vs Marquez) and jus come in a bit over and pay a fine?

Eitherway, i still see Gamboa beating him and stopping him... My opinion and I aint changing it till i see different! aggressive.gif

Great points! Hopefully Rios started managing his weight at least a month ago, instead of waiting for training camp...hopefully that's the case. He did get away with it against Murray, but Im sure he knows that he's not in there with a slugger this time.

If Rios still want respect from the fans, then hopefully he doesn't come in overweight on purpose...being the fact that fans gave him shit for not making weight last time. As far as your prediction....I will hold you to that until the fight happens laugh.gif Good stuff though...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.