Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Could a Chavez vs Lee Bout be Taking Place in June?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Cshel86
http://www.fighthype.com/pages/content11845.html

Just read on the front page, it appears that Team Lee, Arum, and HBO have "agreed in principle" to the Julio Chavez/Andy Lee bout in June. Hopefully this has some truth to it, but I guess we will see by the end of the week.

Thoughts? Predictions?
mrwigi
Haha.. I see Sir Bob still won't put Chavez in there with Martinez. With that being said, I think Andy's style is pretty much tailor made for Chavez. I see a late round KO or stoppage for Jr.
Franchize
Damn shame when Andy Lee stands as a step up in your competition when you have over 40 fights. SMH
checkleft
QUOTE (Franchize @ Feb 27 2012, 01:22 PM) *
Damn shame when Andy Lee stands as a step up in your competition when you have over 40 fights. SMH

I know right. And what difference is it gonna make what middleweight they put in front of him when chavez comes in at Fucking cruiser on fight night. I really wish Martinez would knock him the fuck out already
flazi
wait, how are they able to bypass martinez? wasn't that fight next, already set up by the wbc?
Cshel86
QUOTE (flazi @ Feb 27 2012, 01:58 PM) *
wait, how are they able to bypass martinez? wasn't that fight next, already set up by the wbc?

They've successfully bypassed Sergio thus far, so the real question is, what method will they use this time? We've been "promised" this fight for some time now, but we know how that goes.

Andy Lee will leave it all in the ring, as far as Im concerned. So Chavez will have a decent challenge. As Franchize said, it's sad that he's had some many fights, and is just now "attempting" to step up, or "making us believe" he's trying.
wolterb
I bet this fight will NOT happen. If it does, Lee will outbox the shit out of Chavez.
Franchize
QUOTE (flazi @ Feb 27 2012, 01:58 PM) *

Lol but in all seriousness...who really knows. Arum's ducking of Martinez is more blatant than even Arum with Mayweather. How Chavez hasn't had to fight ANY fighters in a division that is loaded with talent...amazing.
Cshel86
^^^laugh.gif

Would I get stoned to death if I said this would be a good challenge for Chavez??? dntknw.gif As if we haven't heard that time and time before...
checkleft
If they put the effort they do into ducking into training he would probably be a solid up and coming champ of about 20-30 fights.
Cshel86
QUOTE (checkleft @ Feb 27 2012, 09:14 PM) *
If they put the effort they do into ducking into training he would probably be a solid up and coming champ of about 20-30 fights.

Are we still speaking of Chavez? Oh my bad...who else would we be speaking of?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.