Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tale of two press conferences
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
Allmenjoi8
Having watched both Mayweather/Cotto and Pacquiao/Bradley press conferences the differences in the two is telling. While Bradley is smiling and giggling with Pacquiao reminded me of Shane Mosley and viewers saw how that fight went. Pacquiao is taking pictures of Bradley and the two couldn't keep a straight face during the stare down. Way to sell tickets. On the other side you have the Mayweather/Cotto press conference. All business. There was some tension between the two and the stare down was cool. There was no hugging and laughing, there was mutual respect but that is where it ended. That is how you sell a fight.

My question: How can fans take these press tours? I lost futher interest with Pac and Bradley. If history teaches us anything the Pac/Bradley fight may be like the Shane and Pacquiao fight. Bradley has been a trash talker throughout his unknown career, why is he changing who he is? I guess Pacquaio is playing mind games. Yes I will be nice to you and pretend we are buddies but 9 June I am kicking your ass. Notice Juan Manuel did not play that nice guy role with Pac and that fight turned into a great robbery.

Mayweather/Cotto presser all business. They said their peace and went on. Ortiz Mayweather went similar. There was a sense of respect until Ortiz started feeling himself which was great. I thought Ortiz had a shot until the bell rung. If these press conferences have proven anything from my perspective and a would be paying PPV customer, I would be wary of Pac/Bradley fight than I would be of Mayweather/Cotto. Cotto seems hungry and fired up while Bradley is just happy to be there.
Franchize
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Feb 28 2012, 10:26 AM) *
Having watched both Mayweather/Cotto and Pacquiao/Bradley press conferences the differences in the two is telling. While Bradley is smiling and giggling with Pacquiao reminded me of Shane Mosley and viewers saw how that fight went. Pacquiao is taking pictures of Bradley and the two couldn't keep a straight face during the stare down. Way to sell tickets. On the other side you have the Mayweather/Cotto press conference. All business. There was some tension between the two and the stare down was cool. There was no hugging and laughing, there was mutual respect but that is where it ended. That is how you sell a fight.

My question: How can fans take these press tours? I really further lost interest with Pac and Bradley. If history teaches us anything the Pac/Bradley fight may be like the Shane and Pacquiao fight. Bradley has been a trash talker throughout his unknown career, why is he changing who he is? I guess Pacquaio is playing mind games. Yes I will be nice to you and pretend we are buddies but 9 June are kicking your ass. Notice Juan Manuel did not play that nice guy role with Pac and that fight turned into a great robbery.

Mayweather/Cotto presser all business. They said their peace and went on. Ortiz Mayweather went similar. Their was a sense of respect until Ortiz started feeling himself which was great. I thought Ortiz had a shot until the bell rung. If these press conferences has proven anything from my perspective and a would be paying PPV customer I would be wary of Pac/Bradley fight than I would be of Mayweather/Cotto. Cotto seems hungry and fired up while Bradley is just happy to be there.

Can't help but agree here. Pac/Bradley is showing all the signs of Pac/Mosley. All we need is Joel Diaz to call Pacquiao a Rubix cube and talk about how great both fighters are. Unless some big time fight gets thrown on the undercard last minute, no way Im buying this
mgrover
like ive stated before, the only reason am watching this is to see were pacmans at, and if bradley can compete at welterweight.
HazConvictedFelonMane
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Feb 28 2012, 10:26 AM) *

My question: How can fans take these press tours? I lost futher interest with Pac and Bradley. If history teaches us anything the Pac/Bradley fight may be like the Shane and Pacquiao fight. Bradley has been a trash talker throughout his unknown career, why is he changing who he is? I guess Pacquaio is playing mind games. Yes I will be nice to you and pretend we are buddies but 9 June I am kicking your ass. Notice Juan Manuel did not play that nice guy role with Pac and that fight turned into a great robbery.

Mayweather/Cotto presser all business. They said their peace and went on. Ortiz Mayweather went similar. There was a sense of respect until Ortiz started feeling himself which was great. I thought Ortiz had a shot until the bell rung. If these press conferences have proven anything from my perspective and a would be paying PPV customer, I would be wary of Pac/Bradley fight than I would be of Mayweather/Cotto. Cotto seems hungry and fired up while Bradley is just happy to be there.

Well said.
Cshel86
Just because they are all laughing, hugging, and such, at the pressers...doesn't mean that they wont give us a fight on June 9th. You bring up the Mosley fight, as if Shane planned for the fight to go that way.

Im sure all of these guys have an idea as to how the fight will go, until things get real in the ring. If Im not mistaken, Manny was trying his best to knock Shane out, so how does the "friendship" in the pressers, have such an effect on the fight? That isn't always the case, so "history" hasn't shown us much.

Just because Mayweather and Cotto appeared serious at the pressers, doesn't necessarily mean that the fight will be a barn burner. I mean seriously, I dont EVER remember Mayweather being friendly to anyone at a press conference...if anything, nowadays he is just more kicked back.

Same goes for Cotto, he always has a serious face when in public, and he may happen to crack a smile. So again, do their "business look" for the presser mean much? If push comes to shove, causal fans (which you need to keep in mind) will order Manny's fight, just because he's fighting, period. The curiosity of knowing how he will perform, will also make them buy it, just as will do for Mayweather.

Trust me, these two fights are nothing more than measuring sticks used for comaprison purposes, just for them to make a prediction on who will win a fight that will probably never happen.

Cotto seems hungry and fired up because he's more than likely staring about $30M in the face, and Bradley is happy to be there because he is seeing money that he's never saw before, along with the exposure. So the whole, "that's how you sell a fight" idea, at best, could be considered null and void.

I agree, the press conference love is getting annoying, but people love Manny...especially when he's just in this oh-so-great mood. It's even better when he treats his opponent like a human being instead of a punching bag, since the new Manny "doesn't like hurting people anymore"...which people have paid to see him do all of these years. Irony aint it?
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 28 2012, 03:58 PM) *
Just because they are all laughing, hugging, and such, at the pressers...doesn't mean that they wont give us a fight on June 9th. You bring up the Mosley fight, as if Shane planned for the fight to go that way.

+1

I was thinking the same thing....history has taught us that smiling, laughing, etc.= a shitty fight? If we're using that model, then Wlad vs. Haye should've been the Hatfields vs. the McCoys, b/c there wasn't NO SMILING going on there. <---- We all know that was a "skunk" weed of a fight.
Franchize
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 28 2012, 02:58 PM) *

Im sure all of these guys have an idea as to how the fight will go, until things get real in the ring. If Im not mistaken, Manny was trying his best to knock Shane out, so how does the "friendship" in the pressers, have such an effect on the fight? That isn't always the case, so "history" hasn't shown us much.

Just because Mayweather and Cotto appeared serious at the pressers, doesn't necessarily mean that the fight will be a barn burner. I mean seriously, I dont EVER remember Mayweather being friendly to anyone at a press conference...if anything, nowadays he is just more kicked back.

Same goes for Cotto, he always has a serious face when in public, and he may happen to crack a smile. So again, do their "business look" for the presser mean much? If push comes to shove, causal fans (which you need to keep in mind) will order Manny's fight, just because he's fighting, period. The curiosity of knowing how he will perform, will also make them buy it, just as will do for Mayweather.

Trust me, these two fights are nothing more than measuring sticks used for comaprison purposes, just for them to make a prediction on who will win a fight that will probably never happen.

Cotto seems hungry and fired up because he's more than likely staring about $30M in the face, and Bradley is happy to be there because he is seeing money that he's never saw before, along with the exposure. So the whole, "that's how you sell a fight" idea, at best, could be considered null and void.

I agree, the press conference love is getting annoying, but people love Manny...especially when he's just in this oh-so-great mood. It's even better when he treats his opponent like a human being instead of a punching bag, since the new Manny "doesn't like hurting people anymore"...which people have paid to see him do all of these years. Irony aint it?

Yea but it doesn't at least slightly alarm you that Bradley's behavior is strikingly similar to Shane's? Especially given the fact that thus far in his career, he'd been a huge shit talker. I mean I've gone as far as accused him of starting this trend of unwarranted callouts after fights. Now, he's super nice. Tryna hug and shit.
Allmenjoi8
It matters. Juan Manuel was not playing. There was no smiling and letting Pac take pictures of him. Bradley is a trash talker. That is what he has done in the past, didn't do that this presser. He talked about Devon leading up to their fight like a dog. All of a sudden he is tamed?

The Shane Mosley fight pissed me off beyond mention and I didn't even pay for it. very round they are smiling at each other and touching gloves. Weak! Mosley thought that behavior was cool because they were like that the entire lead up to the fight. Notice Mayweather when he fought Shane was not having it. Matter of fact Mayweather popped Mosley for trying to touch gloves in one of the later rounds.

It matters. In today's presser Mayweather/Cotto NYC Apollo) the stare down was great, they shook hands and left. There was no hugging and laughing and joking. This fight my suck to high heaven but at least if I buy this fight or go I will not feel as if I am wasting money. Bradley and Pac I will take the replay. Bradley is already talking about when he was a kid he was going to be the guy to beat Mayweather and Pacquiao is saying Mayweather shouldn't take Cotto lightly. THese two cats are not even talking about the other. Their fight isn't gaining interest. Another thing why are they plugging their fight so early?
Cshel86
QUOTE (Franchize @ Feb 28 2012, 03:43 PM) *
Yea but it doesn't at least slightly alarm you that Bradley's behavior is strikingly similar to Shane's? Especially given the fact that thus far in his career, he'd been a huge shit talker. I mean I've gone as far as accused him of starting this trend of unwarranted callouts after fights. Now, he's super nice. Tryna hug and shit.

laugh.gif

You did mention that Bradley trend a while back. I dont think Bradley will do what Shane did though. Timmy could possibly have another big payday sometime in the future, unlike Shane, who was looking at his last big one, hence why he was so "appreciative" of the gesture during the build up.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Feb 28 2012, 03:50 PM) *
It matters. Juan Manuel was not playing. There was no smiling and letting Pac take pictures of him. Bradley is a trash talker. That is what he has done in the past, didn't do that this presser. He talked about Devon leading up to their fight like a dog. All of a sudden he is tamed?

The Shane Mosley fight pissed me off beyond mention and I didn't even pay for it. very round they are smiling at each other and touching gloves. Weak! Mosley thought that behavior was cool because they were like that the entire lead up to the fight. Notice Mayweather when he fought Shane was not having it. Matter of fact Mayweather popped Mosley for trying to touch gloves in one of the later rounds.

It matters. In today's presser Mayweather/Cotto NYC Apollo) the stare down was great, they shook hands and left. There was no hugging and laughing and joking. This fight my suck to high heaven but at least if I buy this fight or go I will not feel as if I am wasting money. Bradley and Pac I will take the replay. Bradley is already talking about when he was a kid he was going to be the guy to beat Mayweather and Pacquiao is saying Mayweather shouldn't take Cotto lightly. THese two cats are not even talking about the other. Their fight isn't gaining interest. Another thing why are they plugging their fight so early?

Fuck...I forgot who I was talking to. Your history here shows us that your boxing knowledge is limited, to say the least. How is that weak of Shane to constantly touch gloves, when he's done it for his whole career?

JMM had a chip on his shoulder for the last two fights anyway, so he had no reason to be nice to Manny. Besides, he knew what he was up against, as far as the megafight, so he knew his chances of winning on the cards going into the fight. It is a bit true that Manny has had the hardest time with guys who aren't being nice to him, but still, that's not always the case with every other fight.

Do us a favor and save us the agony of you covering up the fact that you're a nutthugger, and you had no plans on watching the June 9th fight to begin with. They are starting the tours on time, as they always do. Remember Mayweather/Ortiz? Didn't they start the pressers months before the fight? FYI, TR does put together decent cards, but you wouldn't know that anyway. Again, I forgot who I was talking to...
Franchize
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 28 2012, 04:08 PM) *
Fuck...I forgot who I was talking to. Your history here shows us that your boxing knowledge is limited, to say the least. How is that weak of Shane to constantly touch gloves, when he's done it for his whole career?

JMM had a chip on his shoulder for the last two fights anyway, so he had no reason to be nice to Manny. Besides, he knew what he was up against, as far as the megafight, so he knew his chances of winning on the cards going into the fight. It is a bit true that Manny has had the hardest time with guys who aren't being nice to him, but still, that's not always the case with every other fight.

Do us a favor and save us the agony of you covering up the fact that you're a nutthugger, and you had no plans on watching the June 9th fight to begin with. They are starting the tours on time, as they always do. Remember Mayweather/Ortiz? Didn't they start the pressers months before the fight? FYI, TR does put together decent cards, but you wouldn't know that anyway. Again, I forgot who I was talking to...

I knew I was taking a huge risk by agreeing with Allmenjoi lol
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Franchize @ Feb 28 2012, 05:13 PM) *

LOL!!!!!!!
BigFightFan
Bradley vs PAC will be a good fight that Bradley want win. Actually I think he will get the Ricky Hatton treatment if he throws those wide hooks against manny. Who is with me ? Lol probably no one...
Cshel86
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Feb 28 2012, 03:18 PM) *
+1

I was thinking the same thing....history has taught us that smiling, laughing, etc.= a shitty fight? If we're using that model, then Wlad vs. Haye should've been the Hatfields vs. the McCoys, b/c there wasn't NO SMILING going on there. <---- We all know that was a "skunk" weed of a fight.

Exactly! I thought Klitz/Haye was going to be something close to the bloods and crips squaring off, the way Haye conducted himself throughout the build up laugh.gif If anything, history has somewhat shown us that former sparring partners make for the worse fights.

QUOTE (Franchize @ Feb 28 2012, 04:13 PM) *

Nah you're good laugh.gif Im pretty sure you agreed with the fact that the press conference love was a weird and annoying way of going about selling the fight, just as I did. The part where I started rolling my eyes and thinking, "Oh shit, here we go again", was when i read about the June 9th fight was already being compared to Pac/Mosley.

Hell, Im sure we all remember the Mayweather/De La Hoya press conferences. If I didn't know any better, I would've thought Floyd was gonna say "fuck it" and shank Oscar at every stare down.

THEN, I thought the fight was going to be a massacre (just judging by FMJ's actions at the pressers), but the actual fight didn't live up to it. No doubt it was a good fight, but it wasn't the fight Floyd was selling.

She did make some good points though. Agreeing with her posts usually requires reading the fine print. Its like, if you sign a contract without reading it thoroughly, then best luck to you for being stuck with the headache laugh.gif
Cshel86
QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Feb 28 2012, 05:17 PM) *
Actually I think he will get the Ricky Hatton treatment if he throws those wide hooks against manny.

I dont know if I've seen Bradley throw too many straight punches...well good ones anyway.
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 28 2012, 04:08 PM) *

/>?
Where to begin? I have to make this quick.... The Mosely and Pac fight had horrible reviews because of the what? Overly touching of gloves and smiling and winking and everything else. I make no bones that I am a Mayweather fan and I also make no bones that I think Pacquiao is a average fighter at best. You are not fighting to touch gloves you are fighting to fight. If your opponent is like I don't want to touch gloves let's fight you should get the picture. I think you even said what a boring fight it was.
Bradley is out of character is all I know. Posing and laughing it not him and has never been him. I had no plans on buying the Pac fight you are absolutely right.

I forget who I was posting to, Mr. Self Proclaimes Know It All. Keep fishing you may catch something eventually. I never said it was weak of Shane to touch gloves I stated it became overly touching of the gloves nevermind reason for you is hard, I get it.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Feb 28 2012, 06:18 PM) *
The Mosely and Pac fight had horrible reviews because of the what? Overly touching of gloves and smiling and winking and everything else.

It had horrible reviews the day it was announced, so the terrible PPV numbers started before they even stepped in the ring. Mosley got scrubbed by Mayweather, and the Mora fight further solidified the fact that he needed to call it day. Casual fans and victims of curiosity bought the fight because Manny was fighting, and people knew who Shane was.

Trust me, it had nothing to do with the "touching of the gloves", that only further pissed off the people that actually bought it. You ever wonder why we dont have the "official" numbers to that fight?

I make no bones that I am a Mayweather fan

You make that painfully obvious. Funny how you thought he should've "beat the snot" out of Cotto after he beat Corrales in '01...and Cotto was even pro yet.

You are not fighting to touch gloves you are fighting to fight. If your opponent is like I don't want to touch gloves let's fight you should get the picture.

At best, you're a casual fan who only wants to see knockouts, and know nothing of the sweet science. You dont even know what to look for while a fight is, and you actually have the nerve to share your scores of fights, Better yet, you're just a Mayweather fan. no2.gif

I think you even said what a boring fight it was.

Sure did...

I had no plans on buying the Pac fight you are absolutely right.

Gee...I wonder what gave you away. The worse part is, you actually have the nerve to author a thread and bash the build up. Who would do sure a stupi...well, nevermind...I forgot who I was talking to. My bad...

I forget who I was posting to, Mr. Self Proclaimes Know It All.

Trust me, you have the uncanny ability of making the dumbest person out there (present company excluded) look like a genius rolleyes_anim.gif

Keep fishing you may catch something eventually.

Dont worry I will, and when I find that brain of yours...I'll gladly put it in a bio hazard bag and mail it to you. First class that is...

I never said it was weak of Shane to touch gloves

QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Feb 28 2012, 03:50 PM) *
The Shane Mosley fight pissed me off beyond mention and I didn't even pay for it. very round they are smiling at each other and touching gloves. Weak! Mosley thought that behavior was cool because they were like that the entire lead up to the fight.

Remember this? You never said that though, right?

bnoles4life
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 28 2012, 08:39 PM) *
Remember this? You never said that though, right?

LMBO.....it's like the Eddie Murphy stand up w/ Mr. T.,

Mr. T: Hey, fool. I heard you been talk'n 'bout me

Eddie: No you didn't.

Mr. T: Maybe I didn't.

Jedi Mind trick!!!
Cshel86
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Feb 28 2012, 08:08 PM) *
LMBO.....it's like the Eddie Murphy stand up w/ Mr. T.,

Mr. T: Hey, fool. I heard you been talk'n 'bout me

Eddie: No you didn't.

Mr. T: Maybe I didn't.

Jedi Mind trick!!!

laugh.gif

Cshel86
This mess is easily going to go 5-6 pages, just off the strength of educating her. She doesn't know how to research and analyze anything, so she'd rather engage in a see-saw battle of posts and learn from there no2.gif

Bradley IS out of character, which is evident. Manny is just playing the role he usually plays, but he is killing me since he started opening his mouth, because a lot of stuff he's been saying makes no sense (i.e. the statement about Cotto being ahead of him in the 5th round).

Cotto will do as Cotto usually does...make a mute person look like a motor mouth, since he'll only say a handful of words. Mayweather will do as he usually does, be calm and repetitive during the pressers, talk a bit of crap during the interviews afterward, and go nuts on 24/7 (the side that everybody wants to see).

We must not forget, TR will find a way to sell this fight. If they were able to put a guy in the ring that should've been banned for life and people swore they wouldn't watch again, and sold over a million PPVS. They will make Bradley "look" like a threat, hence the constant reiteration of how much he weighs and his undefeated record.
Cshel86
As far as Floyd's outfit in the recent press conference along with those throne-type chairs and the set up...it took me waaaay back. Im trying to remember if John Saxon or Jim Kelly wore that outfit in Enter the Dragon laugh.gif
neophyte7
Forget the Shane and Pac fight.. the Clottey Pac fight pressers and even the stare down was full of nothing but hugs and giggles... we saw what that Clottey Pac fight was.. just when I was starting to think Bradley would do something.. the information about the laughs and giggles got me not giving a damned about this bout for some reason...
Allmenjoi8

I prefer a serious press conference. After seeing Bradley transform into a different person my stomach turned. Both press conferences proved one thing, the business side of boxing. You have Manny who is everyone's "nice" guy and Bradley turning into Mr. Carl Winslow. It is a dog and pony show. While Cotto/Mayweather was about boxing and selling a fight. I do wish Pacqiao & Mayweather stop mentioning each other, it is getting boring.

And what boxing fan doesn't like a knock out? wtf.gif
Cshel86
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Mar 1 2012, 02:48 PM) *
I do wish Pacqiao & Mayweather stop mentioning each other, it is getting boring.

I have to agree with this...
Archimedes
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Feb 28 2012, 07:26 AM) *

I'm not so sure if anything really useful can be gained from an observation like this. The press conference in itself is somewhat of an art form in which Mayweather has flourished, and despite Pacquiao's fierce ring performances, in my humble opinion, his true persona isn't very compelling at all. If anything Pacquiao's guilty of being a ham for the cameras but I read nothing into his press conferences beyond that. I'm sure Pacquiao would be much more interesting if he could speak better English, but he can't, he can’t really bring his opponent into a tense situation because some comprehension of the language is needed for a true standoff.

I once had a girlfriend whose English was as broken as a wishbone on Thanksgiving. We did a lot of laughing and giggling, universal human traits that connect all people, but when it came to the finer points of communication we were utterly lost on each other. I suspect there's some truth to there being a "communication barrier" in the way he sells himself.

I'm not really thrilled about the Bradley match up, because a string of Manny's fights have been with competition that are in questionable condition or placed in a situation where they are not optimal, that I think is the better discussion, along with Bob Arum's hold over the Filipino "superstar."
Cshel86
QUOTE (Archimedes @ Mar 1 2012, 07:06 PM) *
I'm not so sure if anything really useful can be gained from an observation like this. The press conference in itself is somewhat of an art form in which Mayweather has flourished, and despite Pacquiao's fierce ring performances, in my humble opinion, his true persona isn't very compelling at all. If anything Pacquiao's guilty of being a ham for the cameras but I read nothing into his press conferences beyond that. I'm sure Pacquiao would be much more interesting if he could speak better English, but he can't, he can’t really bring his opponent into a tense situation because some comprehension of the language is needed for a true standoff.

I once had a girlfriend whose English was as broken as a wishbone on Thanksgiving. We did a lot of laughing and giggling, universal human traits that connect all people, but when it came to the finer points of communication we were utterly lost on each other. I suspect there's some truth to there being a "communication barrier" in the way he sells himself.

Great points! Glad you brought up the communication barrier, which leads me to my points. Manny's biggest fights; Morales trilogy, Marquez trilogy, both Barrera fights, Margarito, Cotto, even the Clottey fight...have been dampered by the language barrier. I can throw the Oscar fight in there, in regards to Manny's english, and the Mosley fight as well...since Shane cant talk shit to save his life laugh.gif

His fights truly get the recognition that they deserve, after the first bell has rung, so let's not expect an extravagant press conference tour. Other than that, his team and promoter builds his fights. In the Cotto/Mayweather build up, we may see the same Floyd that we saw for the Marquez build up...very limited trash talk on Floyd's behalf.
Archimedes
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 1 2012, 07:01 PM) *
Great points! Glad you brought up the communication barrier, which leads me to my points. Manny's biggest fights; Morales trilogy, Marquez trilogy, both Barrera fights, Margarito, Cotto, even the Clottey fight...have been dampered by the language barrier. I can throw the Oscar fight in there, in regards to Manny's english, and the Mosley fight as well...since Shane cant talk shit to save his life laugh.gif

His fights truly get the recognition that they deserve, after the first bell has rung, so let's not expect an extravagant press conference tour. Other than that, his team and promoter builds his fights. In the Cotto/Mayweather build up, we may see the same Floyd that we saw for the Marquez build up...very limited trash talk on Floyd's behalf.

Most folks that speak English fluently don't realize how difficult it is for someone that doesn't have such a firm grasp. Also, his fights do get recognition as you stated, sometimes far more than he deserves imho, which makes me think there's more to the Pacquiao phenomena than just what he is able to do in the ring. Some of Pacquiao's most staunch supporters don't merely analyze what he does in the ring, indeed they transfer whatever fantasies they garner from his performances to transform him into a saint. Essentially what that does is pollute reality, it makes Pacquiao a one dimensional sort of personality that does everything right and makes him beyond reproach or scrutiny. “Real” people bear little resemblance to the images conjured by their fans.

As for Floyd Mayweather, his ring performances are nearly flawless but the reverse is happening to him, whereas people transfer Manny's abilities out of the ring to make Manny the perfect person, Mayweather's character and statements outside of the ring are transferred into it making whatever he does not good enough.

Floyd's comfortable in the spotlight so big fights are routine to him. I think Floyd needs to do less trash talk for his fights because we've already come to expect a certain type of behavior to follow him into a big fight, we can expect the bravado of a press tour, and his trademark 24/7's which are amazingly compelling. (I thought Cotto's last 24/7 was fantastic as well.)
Cshel86
QUOTE (Archimedes @ Mar 2 2012, 11:48 AM) *
Most folks that speak English fluently don't realize how difficult it is for someone that doesn't have such a firm grasp. Also, his fights do get recognition as you stated, sometimes far more than he deserves imho, which makes me think there's more to the Pacquiao phenomena than just what he is able to do in the ring. Some of Pacquiao's most staunch supporters don't merely analyze what he does in the ring, indeed they transfer whatever fantasies they garner from his performances to transform him into a saint. Essentially what that does is pollute reality, it makes Pacquiao a one dimensional sort of personality that does everything right and makes him beyond reproach or scrutiny. “Real” people bear little resemblance to the images conjured by their fans.

As for Floyd Mayweather, his ring performances are nearly flawless but the reverse is happening to him, whereas people transfer Manny's abilities out of the ring to make Manny the perfect person, Mayweather's character and statements outside of the ring are transferred into it making whatever he does not good enough.

Floyd's comfortable in the spotlight so big fights are routine to him. I think Floyd needs to do less trash talk for his fights because we've already come to expect a certain type of behavior to follow him into a big fight, we can expect the bravado of a press tour, and his trademark 24/7's which are amazingly compelling. (I thought Cotto's last 24/7 was fantastic as well.)

Man Im fuckin' speechless...there's nothing about your post that I can disagree with (not that I was looking to). I just wish that Manny spent more time working on his English, so that he'd be more verbal throughout the build up. Seriously though, at the beginning of his career, it was terrible, but I must say, its tremendously improved.

As for his team and promoter (who are instrumental in tell him what to say and what to not say), they've put a bit of a strain on his reputation, just a bit though. Especially when he was being asked about drug testing and such. You can tell that most of them weren't his words, but oh well. I would just to hear more from him, rather than his team...it would really increase his appeal in my opinion.

You're right, the Cotto 24/7 was great....short, sweet, and straight to the point. His English has gotten better as well, he just doesn't talk much anyway...so I cant knock him. This 24/7 is going to look weird with Mayweather and Cotto, but as I stated earlier...it may be similar to Mayweather/Marquez 24/7.
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (Archimedes @ Mar 1 2012, 08:06 PM) *

I'm not really thrilled about the Bradley match up, because a string of Manny's fights have been with competition that are in questionable condition or placed in a situation where they are not optimal, that I think is the better discussion, along with Bob Arum's hold over the Filipino "superstar."

Cotto does not speak english and neither did Margarito or Juan Manuel. When Cotto/Mayweather it is respect and that is where the nice guy routine ends. Margs and Cotto there was a reason for the no love loss but you understood by body language they wanted to hurt each other. JMM does not speak english and his body language said I want to beat this guy. Bradley and Pac on the other hand: preliminary date to a gay marriage. Cotto/Mayweather tension. Body language is universal.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Mar 2 2012, 12:05 PM) *
Cotto does not speak english and neither did Margarito or Juan Manuel. When Cotto/Mayweather it is respect and that is where the nice guy routine ends. Margs and Cotto there was a reason for the no love loss but you understood by body language they wanted to hurt each other. JMM does not speak english and his body language said I want to beat this guy. Bradley and Pac on the other hand: preliminary date to a gay marriage. Cotto/Mayweather tension. Body language is universal.

Cotto DOES speak English...maybe not all that great, but he does speak it. Juan Marquez is working on his, and its getting there. Im not sure we'll hear him speaking it fluent, but he's working on it. Now Margarito (as you mentioned) doesn't, and it appears that he has no intentions on doing such.

Let's be honest here...Mayweather doesn't respect Cotto, really. Please dont say stuff alluding to "gay marriage", because as we ALL know, the things you say, usually turn a thread into a war zone. Again, as far as Mayweather and Cotto's body language, there is no tension...both fighters are about to have a sick payday though.
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 2 2012, 01:19 PM) *
Cotto DOES speak English...maybe not all that great, but he does speak it. Juan Marquez is working on his, and its getting there. Im not sure we'll hear him speaking it fluent, but he's working on it. Now Margarito (as you mentioned) doesn't, and it appears that he has no intentions on doing such.

Let's be honest here...Mayweather doesn't respect Cotto, really. Please dont say stuff alluding to "gay marriage", because as we ALL know, the things you say, usually turn a thread into a war zone. Again, as far as Mayweather and Cotto's body language, there is no tension...both fighters are about to have a sick payday though.

Cotto in all 3 press conferences spoke mainly in Spanish, he and Pacquiao have the same level of English. There was tension in the NYC press conference and PR. L.A. was better, they are not laughing and taking pictures and do sesame street stare downs. It seems that one group is more serious than the other. you did not see Tyson laughing it up with LL. Matter of fact he said he would eat LL's kids. I'm not saying Bradley has to go that far, but what I am saying do not change who you are. Stay hungry, stay hungry. You kiss his ass after the fight, after you won. Their press conference was ridiculous. Just ridiculous.
Kratza
You're speaking the truth, they respect each other too much, its not good for PPV draws Bradley WILL lose
Cshel86
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Mar 2 2012, 04:57 PM) *
Cotto in all 3 press conferences spoke mainly in Spanish, he and Pacquiao have the same level of English. There was tension in the NYC press conference and PR. L.A. was better, they are not laughing and taking pictures and do sesame street stare downs. It seems that one group is more serious than the other. you did not see Tyson laughing it up with LL. Matter of fact he said he would eat LL's kids. I'm not saying Bradley has to go that far, but what I am saying do not change who you are. Stay hungry, stay hungry. You kiss his ass after the fight, after you won. Their press conference was ridiculous. Just ridiculous.

He spoke mainly Spanish, because the majority of the viewers were Spanish anyway. He's just better with Spanish than English, as you said, but he DOES speak English.

Let's PLEASE not mention Tyson, he's in a league of his own. Seriously, he tried to take Lewis' head off at one of those pressers, got knocked out in the fight, then wiped sweat off of Lewis' face during the post-fight interview. So again, we cant even mention his bipolar ways laugh.gif

As far as Bradley, why do you expect him not to change? If you look at it, this is highest payday yet. He may never have one this big again.
Archimedes
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 2 2012, 08:59 AM) *
Man Im fuckin' speechless...there's nothing about your post that I can disagree with (not that I was looking to). I just wish that Manny spent more time working on his English, so that he'd be more verbal throughout the build up. Seriously though, at the beginning of his career, it was terrible, but I must say, its tremendously improved.

As for his team and promoter (who are instrumental in tell him what to say and what to not say), they've put a bit of a strain on his reputation, just a bit though. Especially when he was being asked about drug testing and such. You can tell that most of them weren't his words, but oh well. I would just to hear more from him, rather than his team...it would really increase his appeal in my opinion.

You're right, the Cotto 24/7 was great....short, sweet, and straight to the point. His English has gotten better as well, he just doesn't talk much anyway...so I cant knock him. This 24/7 is going to look weird with Mayweather and Cotto, but as I stated earlier...it may be similar to Mayweather/Marquez 24/7.

You have a great point about Manny not taking time to learn English; hell if he had he'd probably be ten times bigger than he is now. A shared language makes a man or woman more accessible and therefore more bankable. In spite of this fact I'm pretty happy with the fact that boxing is such a global sport and there are so many fans. From tie to time folks have prematurely predicted the demise of boxing but it ain't goin' no where.

Lastly, I agree that Mayweather/Cotto is going to be similar to his series with Marquez; it'll probably be a carbon copy, with Mayweather doing a lot of the heavy lifting by supplementing the slow parts with his typical dysfunctional antics.

QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Mar 2 2012, 09:05 AM) *

Cotto speaks English as it was stated before, it isn't the best but I have no trouble understanding him. Also, I think fighters in general respect one another, how could they not? The sport that they are involved in claims lives, causes irreparable damage, and spills blood. Only another boxer can possible identify with this sort reality. Again, excluding your obvious homophobia, I think Manny Pacquiao is a bit of a ham, and in no better place is that made clear than in his terrible singing career, c'mon man, that's all ham. I have no doubt that Bradley will show up to fight, what sane man shows up to be punished unless he's a "tomato can" taking a fall for a buck.

I think you're spending far too much time focusing on extraneous issues to express your dislike for a certain fighter, not a crime mind you, but one must call into question your objectivity and opinion.
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (Archimedes @ Mar 2 2012, 10:28 PM) *
You have a great point about Manny not taking time to learn English; hell if he had he'd probably be ten times bigger than he is now. A shared language makes a man or woman more accessible and therefore more bankable. In spite of this fact I'm pretty happy with the fact that boxing is such a global sport and there are so many fans. From tie to time folks have prematurely predicted the demise of boxing but it ain't goin' no where.

Lastly, I agree that Mayweather/Cotto is going to be similar to his series with Marquez; it'll probably be a carbon copy, with Mayweather doing a lot of the heavy lifting by supplementing the slow parts with his typical dysfunctional antics.

Cotto speaks English as it was stated before, it isn't the best but I have no trouble understanding him. Also, I think fighters in general respect one another, how could they not? The sport that they are involved in claims lives, causes irreparable damage, and spills blood. Only another boxer can possible identify with this sort reality. Again, excluding your obvious homophobia, I think Manny Pacquiao is a bit of a ham, and in no better place is that made clear than in his terrible singing career, c'mon man, that's all ham. I have no doubt that Bradley will show up to fight, what sane man shows up to be punished unless he's a "tomato can" taking a fall for a buck.

I think you're spending far too much time focusing on extraneous issues to express your dislike for a certain fighter, not a crime mind you, but one must call into question your objectivity and opinion.

Hardly homophobic my home city happens to be the gay capital of America and this is going to sound awful but my best buddy is gay so I am hardly a homophobic. I do not dislike any fighter I just dislike the mask some of them wear. How do you base if a movie is good? The previews right. You see a preview and you say, "That movie looks good" or "that movie looks awful" Same with boxing and their press conferences. If it looks like a Yo Gabba Gabba script I am good. I rather not. Especially when one of the fighters has never been the nice guy. Showing respect to your opponent and being an ass kisser are two different things. What the Bradley and Pacquaio press conference showed was I probably be wasting 60 bucks what Mayweather/Cotto press conference showed me was this could be a great fight.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Mar 3 2012, 08:56 PM) *
I do not dislike any fighter I just dislike the mask some of them wear.

Well, if we're talking about fighters wearing masks...then we should surely include Floyd's name. He wears a mask when he makes us think that his opponents have a chance. He wears a mask at the pressers, and totally gets wild on 24/7. So again, if we are talking about fighters wearing masks...Floyd's name should be mentioned.

QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Mar 3 2012, 08:56 PM) *
How do you base if a movie is good? The previews right. You see a preview and you say, "That movie looks good" or "that movie looks awful"

Uhhh...I can somewhat agree, but check me out. There have been several movies that I just KNEW were going to be blockbuster hits, and at the end of the day...they failed to impress me, and I felt like I wasted my money. On the other end, there have been movies that I just thought were going to be cheesy and "chick flick-ish"...here's the story.

I dont want to lose my man card here, but this point has to be made. Movies like Valentine's Day, Ghost of Girlfriend's Past, and Friends With Benefits (just to name a few), were films that I was opposed to, and forced to see. Long story short, THOSE FUCKIN' MOVIES ROCKED!

Now, my point is, just because the preview seems good or bad, that doesn't necessarily mean that the final product will be the same. With that said, people take a chance on buying movie tickets (which are a fuckin' rip), just as they do with PPVs. You have to either be convinced to order a fight/buy a movie ticket, or lose the battle with curiosity.

I do the same with both...if I dont really like the movie, but the chick that Im going with, happens to be wearing a skirt and is in a good mood...then I dont feel so bad about spending my money. If a PPV fight seems wack (i.e. Dawson/Hopkins), but the undercards are acceptable, then I dont feel so bad about it.

Again, there's always a game of chance when people spend their money. I felt the same about the Morales/Maidana PPV. I just KNEW that Morales was shot, and I also knew that Maidana would go life & death with anybody. Point of my story...it happened to be a Fight of the Year kind of fight.

As we look at Cotto/Mayweather and Pacquiao/Bradley...I wouldn't be so fast to say that Cotto/Mayweather will be better. It will be a bigger event, no doubt, but as we all know...if push comes to shove, Floyd always goes for a UD and as of now, Cotto isn't the fighter that he once was...so he may get in there and say "fuck it" and get on his bike and collect his check.

We all know that Manny has a lot to prove in this fight, and Bradley has never been the type to run...so again, we never know. Over the past few years, Manny has had the most KOs and as you said, what fight fan doesn't like KOs? Most of Manny's fights never make it to the bell, and people know this, so I wouldn't sleep on the Pacquiao/Bradley fight due to the pressers.
mgrover
i usually couldnt give a shit about pressers anymore, i try not to hype up fights anymore, the last presser i saw was the shitty wlad haye, and all ive seen since then is the chisora incident, as long as these men get in there and fight like they wana kill each other am happy to pay.
BigFightFan
Neither press conference has impressed me. There was no trash talk and no tension between the fighters.
Archimedes
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Mar 3 2012, 05:56 PM) *
Hardly homophobic my home city happens to be the gay capital of America and this is going to sound awful but my best buddy is gay so I am hardly a homophobic. I do not dislike any fighter I just dislike the mask some of them wear. How do you base if a movie is good? The previews right. You see a preview and you say, "That movie looks good" or "that movie looks awful" Same with boxing and their press conferences. If it looks like a Yo Gabba Gabba script I am good. I rather not. Especially when one of the fighters has never been the nice guy. Showing respect to your opponent and being an ass kisser are two different things. What the Bradley and Pacquaio press conference showed was I probably be wasting 60 bucks what Mayweather/Cotto press conference showed me was this could be a great fight.

What you said about having a "gay" best friend and the rest sounds oddly to me like, "some of my best friends are black." I think your reality doesn't disqualify you from having at least an insensitivity toward homosexuals and in some ways it's to be expected for people to not get how life might be for someone else. And the way you characterized the press conference had a bit of that insensitivity in it, but be that as it may I still think my analysis holds some weight.

As to comparing a contrived cinematic experience, like a "movie preview" to a fight is somewhat inaccurate. As you well know anything can happen when two men lace up a pair gloves and the guy that was supposed to win may get KO'd, which sometime elevates an obscure fighter to prominence. That's called unpredictability, a state of being completely different from a movie preview. As a movie preview gives you a glimpse of what will be and that fact can't change. The Pacquiao/Bradley press conference was in keeping with what we can expect when Manny feels relax, he makes other people feel relaxed as well. It certainly doesn't mean that Bradley is somehow projecting a desire to arrive on fight night a helpless zombie. When the bell rings you either put up your dukes and behave accordingly or you’ll get KTFO.

In the end I think it's the individual fighter’s desire to win and relative skill level that determines if he's going to come out on top, not how he performs at a press conference. The press conference is arranged to help sell the fight not predict who's going to win, because as I said that remains for the fighter to determine.
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 3 2012, 09:30 PM) *
Well, if we're talking about fighters wearing masks...then we should surely include Floyd's name. He wears a mask when he makes us think that his opponents have a chance. He wears a mask at the pressers, and totally gets wild on 24/7. So again, if we are talking about fighters wearing masks...Floyd's name should be mentioned.

Uhhh...I can somewhat agree, but check me out. There have been several movies that I just KNEW were going to be blockbuster hits, and at the end of the day...they failed to impress me, and I felt like I wasted my money. On the other end, there have been movies that I just thought were going to be cheesy and "chick flick-ish"...here's the story.

I dont want to lose my man card here, but this point has to be made. Movies like Valentine's Day, Ghost of Girlfriend's Past, and Friends With Benefits (just to name a few), were films that I was opposed to, and forced to see. Long story short, THOSE FUCKIN' MOVIES ROCKED!Now, my point is, just because the preview seems good or bad, that doesn't necessarily mean that the final product will be the same. With that said, people take a chance on buying movie tickets (which are a fuckin' rip), just as they do with PPVs. You have to either be convinced to order a fight/buy a movie ticket, or lose the battle with curiosity.

I do the same with both...if I dont really like the movie, but the chick that Im going with, happens to be wearing a skirt and is in a good mood...then I dont feel so bad about spending my money. If a PPV fight seems wack (i.e. Dawson/Hopkins), but the undercards are acceptable, then I dont feel so bad about it.

Again, there's always a game of chance when people spend their money. I felt the same about the Morales/Maidana PPV. I just KNEW that Morales was shot, and I also knew that Maidana would go life & death with anybody. Point of my story...it happened to be a Fight of the Year kind of fight.

As we look at Cotto/Mayweather and Pacquiao/Bradley...I wouldn't be so fast to say that Cotto/Mayweather will be better. It will be a bigger event, no doubt, but as we all know...if push comes to shove, Floyd always goes for a UD and as of now, Cotto isn't the fighter that he once was...so he may get in there and say "fuck it" and get on his bike and collect his check.

We all know that Manny has a lot to prove in this fight, and Bradley has never been the type to run...so again, we never know. Over the past few years, Manny has had the most KOs and as you said, what fight fan doesn't like KOs? Most of Manny's fights never make it to the bell, and people know this, so I wouldn't sleep on the Pacquiao/Bradley fight due to the pressers.

I didn't see those and thank you for admitting you like chick flicks.

I guess I will pose this question since you made valid points, what fight do you think will be more entertaining? Mayweather does wear masks I agree. But then he never claimed to be Mr. Nice Guy and I fight for the People and not money. Good points
Cshel86
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Mar 4 2012, 10:44 AM) *
I didn't see those and thank you for admitting you like chick flicks.

I guess I will pose this question since you made valid points, what fight do you think will be more entertaining? Mayweather does wear masks I agree. But then he never claimed to be Mr. Nice Guy and I fight for the People and not money. Good points

Yeah every fighter wears a mask, to a certain degree. Bradley may be laughing and joking with Pacquiao and happy for the opportunity, but in his mind, he may think, "Im gonna try to uppercut this motherfucker to moon".

Between these two fights, Im starting to believe that Pacquiao/Bradley will be more entertaining (fight wise), but its clear that Cotto/Mayweather is the bigger event. Now, if Cotto decides to leave it in the ring and fight like this is his last fight, then we may see show.

He could do a Mosley and lose to Mayweather, and entertain another Pacquaio fight, since Manny is accustomed to fighting guys that are coming off of losses anyway.
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (Archimedes @ Mar 4 2012, 10:42 AM) *
What you said about having a "gay" best friend and the rest sounds oddly to me like, "some of my best friends are black." I think your reality doesn't disqualify you from having at least an insensitivity toward homosexuals and in some ways it's to be expected for people to not get how life might be for someone else. And the way you characterized the press conference had a bit of that insensitivity in it, but be that as it may I still think my analysis holds some weight.

As to comparing a contrived cinematic experience, like a "movie preview" to a fight is somewhat inaccurate. As you well know anything can happen when two men lace up a pair gloves and the guy that was supposed to win may get KO'd, which sometime elevates an obscure fighter to prominence. That's called unpredictability, a state of being completely different from a movie preview. As a movie preview gives you a glimpse of what will be and that fact can't change. The Pacquiao/Bradley press conference was in keeping with what we can expect when Manny feels relax, he makes other people feel relaxed as well. It certainly doesn't mean that Bradley is somehow projecting a desire to arrive on fight night a helpless zombie. When the bell rings you either put up your dukes and behave accordingly or you’ll get KTFO.

In the end I think it's the individual fighter’s desire to win and relative skill level that determines if he's going to come out on top, not how he performs at a press conference. The press conference is arranged to help sell the fight not predict who's going to win, because as I said that remains for the fighter to determine.

I am not a homophobic person, I could careless what two people do but everyone is entitled to their own wrong opinion.

You said that Manny feels relaxed so that makes the other person relax? That is the problem. You do not let your opponent predict how you act. If he wants to smile and grin let him. Tim has never done that ever. A press conference is suppose to help sell tickets, they did a piss pour job of it. I don't think they sold out all the tickets. Mayweather Cotto only have 800 tickets left according Golden Boy but they could be lying. All I know is I can only go by what both press conferences presented. Anything can happen in the ring you are right but the sneak preview to this fight gets two thumbs way down.
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 4 2012, 11:16 AM) *
Yeah every fighter wears a mask, to a certain degree. Bradley may be laughing and joking with Pacquiao and happy for the opportunity, but in his mind, he may think, "Im gonna try to uppercut this motherfucker to moon".

Between these two fights, Im starting to believe that Pacquiao/Bradley will be more entertaining (fight wise), but its clear that Cotto/Mayweather is the bigger event. Now, if Cotto decides to leave it in the ring and fight like this is his last fight, then we may see show.

He could do a Mosley and lose to Mayweather, and entertain another Pacquaio fight, since Manny is accustomed to fighting guys that are coming off of losses anyway.

Really? Haven't notice. Top Rank is selling Pacquiao fighting a undefeated young hungry African American slick fighter. What is interesting is that Cotto was their original pick, Bradley is a last minute replacement. That should be motivation for him.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Mar 4 2012, 07:42 PM) *
I am not a homophobic person, I could careless what two people do but everyone is entitled to their own wrong opinion.

You said that Manny feels relaxed so that makes the other person relax? That is the problem. You do not let your opponent predict how you act. If he wants to smile and grin let him. Tim has never done that ever. A press conference is suppose to help sell tickets, they did a piss pour job of it. I don't think they sold out all the tickets. Mayweather Cotto only have 800 tickets left according Golden Boy but they could be lying. All I know is I can only go by what both press conferences presented. Anything can happen in the ring you are right but the sneak preview to this fight gets two thumbs way down.

Care less, maybe? Exactly how many Tim Bradley pressers have you watched? It doesn't matter whether they sold all the tickets or not...point is, they still have much time before the fight, and anything can happen up until then. Just look at the Klitz/Chisora fight, which drew little interest until Chisora slapped him at the presser.

Pressers are held to promote the fight, but really, how effective are they, if a fight hasn't broke out or a guy isn't getting slapped? A real boxing fan doesn't depend on a presser to convince them to buy a fight. Just knowing both fighters' skill level, ring appeal, etc, AND the love of the sport draws people to buy it.

QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Mar 4 2012, 07:44 PM) *
Really? Haven't notice. Top Rank is selling Pacquiao fighting a undefeated young hungry African American slick fighter. What is interesting is that Cotto was their original pick, Bradley is a last minute replacement. That should be motivation for him.

"An" undefeated young hungry African American fighter? Is that what you were aiming for? Anyway, yes Im sure Cotto was their first choice...a safe fight, able to manipulate the negotiations, etc.

Too bad it didn't work out this time, but hey, thats how it goes. Bradley is a last-minute pick, but if you haven't been keeping up with boxing as of late (I'll give you a chance to come up with something), these last-minute opponents have been shaking the sport up.
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 4 2012, 08:00 PM) *
Care less, maybe? Exactly how many Tim Bradley pressers have you watched? It doesn't matter whether they sold all the tickets or not...point is, they still have much time before the fight, and anything can happen up until then. Just look at the Klitz/Chisora fight, which drew little interest until Chisora slapped him at the presser.

Pressers are held to promote the fight, but really, how effective are they, if a fight hasn't broke out or a guy isn't getting slapped? A real boxing fan doesn't depend on a presser to convince them to buy a fight. Just knowing both fighters' skill level, ring appeal, etc, AND the love of the sport draws people to buy it.

"An" undefeated young hungry African American fighter? Is that what you were aiming for? Anyway, yes Im sure Cotto was their first choice...a safe fight, able to manipulate the negotiations, etc.

Too bad it didn't work out this time, but hey, thats how it goes. Bradley is a last-minute pick, but if you haven't been keeping up with boxing as of late (I'll give you a chance to come up with something), these last-minute opponents have been shaking the sport up.

Bradley? As in Tim Bradley. He is a good fighter but besides boxing fans how many people know about Bradley's success and back story? When he fought Devon he was talking about his upbringing in Palm Spring (who knew Palm Spring had a hood) and it was actually very good. Bradley isn't known and my point exactly with Chisora and Kilt no one gave a care about that fight until a slap happened. I am not saying press conferences have to be an all out screw you feast but the laughing and taking each other's picture is a little bit too much. We will see what happens from here until June 9th.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Mar 4 2012, 08:47 PM) *
Bradley? As in Tim Bradley. He is a good fighter but besides boxing fans how many people know about Bradley's success and back story? When he fought Devon he was talking about his upbringing in Palm Spring (who knew Palm Spring had a hood) and it was actually very good. Bradley isn't known and my point exactly with Chisora and Kilt no one gave a care about that fight until a slap happened. I am not saying press conferences have to be an all out screw you feast but the laughing and taking each other's picture is a little bit too much. We will see what happens from here until June 9th.

Dont try to be funny, and yes, Im talking about Bradley. Im almost sure you've never seen any of his pressers or most of his interviews, so for you to boldly state that Bradley has NEVER been like this, is again, another sign of you uncanny ability to regurgi....well, you know the rest.

Im sure Palms Springs may have a hood...which areas dont have hoods? Trust me, there are hoods everywhere...
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 5 2012, 01:07 PM) *
Dont try to be funny, and yes, Im talking about Bradley. Im almost sure you've never seen any of his pressers or most of his interviews, so for you to boldly state that Bradley has NEVER been like this, is again, another sign of you uncanny ability to regurgi....well, you know the rest.

Im sure Palms Springs may have a hood...which areas dont have hoods? Trust me, there are hoods everywhere...

Bradley is a shit talker. I do not recall Bradley grinning and smiling so much. I have watched at least 4 maybe 5 of Bradley fights and he has never been like this. Having lived in Palm Spring for a summer, their hoods are more like an old western town with section 8 housing. Palm Spring very high income type town better that is neither here or there...

I said before go back and look how Bradley was when he was telling Pac "Break down this wall" Bradley isn't the nice guy. More of an asshole. The interview he gave before he fought Devon was great. I do not see this. Again I can be jumping the gun. I don't try to be funny, I just am. I think you try to be funny, comedy isn't your forte.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Mar 5 2012, 02:56 PM) *
I have watched at least 4 maybe 5 of Bradley fights

Did you watch them after you opened this thread? laugh.gif

Having lived in Palm Spring for a summer, their hoods are more like an old western town with section 8 housing.

Maybe you were in the wrong part of town, because the hood that they showed on Bradley's Ring Life a while back, looked nothing like you described.

I said before go back and look how Bradley

Seems like the only person that has to "go back and look" at stuff is you. Honestly, most of your post is simply your opinion of him, not many facts here.

Again I can be jumping the gun.

This should've been your first response laugh.gif

At this point, do you still believe that their presence at the pressers will effect the outcome of the fight? If anything, they're selling this fight, because people will want to know how Tim will perform, and how Pacquiao will react...if he's given reason enough to.

Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 5 2012, 03:12 PM) *
Did you watch them after you opened this thread? laugh.gif

Maybe you were in the wrong part of town, because the hood that they showed on Bradley's Ring Life a while back, looked nothing like you described.

Seems like the only person that has to "go back and look" at stuff is you. Honestly, most of your post is simply your opinion of him, not many facts here.

This should've been your first response laugh.gif

At this point, do you still believe that their presence at the pressers will effect the outcome of the fight? If anything, they're selling this fight, because people will want to know how Tim will perform, and how Pacquiao will react...if he's given reason enough to.

I am going to ignore the first half of your comments and focus on the very last part...

I am saying that if their press conference is a preview on how the rest their pre fight hype goes well then I am not expecting much of a fight. Tim is unknown and Pac needs a hell of a win. I just do not see the intensity from either guy, especially with the retirement talk Pac has been spitting.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Mar 7 2012, 05:00 PM) *
I am saying that if their press conference is a preview on how the rest their pre fight hype goes well then I am not expecting much of a fight. Tim is unknown and Pac needs a hell of a win. I just do not see the intensity from either guy, especially with the retirement talk Pac has been spitting.

Pacquaio NEVER shows intensity outside of the ring. He's not retiring anymore...where have you been?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.