Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Worst Matches Ever...First Fights, Rematches, and Rubber Matches...
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Cshel86
Alright guys, no need for an explanation here. The best I could do for this thread, is not create a poll and let you guys go for it. This thread isn't limited to fights that have already been fought, we can go as far as naming matches that you dread the ink will ever be dried on. That goes for rematches and rubber matches as well.

Name the fight, and Im just DYING to hear the explanations..please explain! laugh.gif Have at it!
bnoles4life
BHop vs. anyone w/ a pulse.

Reason: anyone who watches it, will no longer have a pulse.
BoxingEinstein
Bhop Vs Roy Jones rematch - They were both past their primes and both were hellbent to hurt each other intentionally with fouls. It was stinked up by constant fouls and illegal tactics.

Haye Vs Wlad - This fight was talked up by Haye and made everyone including HBO believe that this was going to be a classic Rocky vs Drago fight. Not only did Haye bitch out and wrote a check that his mouth could cash but his ass couldn't, Wlad rarely engaged and looked like a frightened school boy everytime Haye swung a punch. It was a shitless affair and gave boxing a huge black eye.

Mosley Vs Pacquiao - Me and some other people thought this fight was going to be a war. Since back when Sugar destroyed Margarito and wanted to fight Pacquiao, Pacquiao's trainer Freddie Roach declined the offer and made The Pacman look like true duck with turning down Shane for a unification bout @ 14. Not only did Shane offered to come down to 140 and yet Freddie Roach still was shook. It took 2 yrs and Shane's lost to Floyd and Draw to Sergio Mora for Freddie Roach and company to feel confident enough to face Shane Mosley. This made the bout looked even more suspect but like other hardcore boxing fans we thought Shane had a definite chance to upset Pacquiao even going so far to say Shane for the KO win. Boy was we wrong as Sugar played patty cake with Pacquiao and backpedaled the whole night after Pacquiao knocked down Shane. Shane was shook and Pacquiao couldn't even finish him off. To make matters worst they both were doing too much hugging and glove tapping as if 2 gay friends were apologizing after having a slap boxing match. Shameful.

Dawson Vs Hopkins - 2 words for this bout...Hopkins = Great Actor

Donaire Vs Navarez - Navarez stunk this bout up with his turtle shell defense being the only highlight through the whole bout. After tasting Donaire's power early he decided that he wouldn't survive with a constant offense and needed to always be on the defensive stance. It worked as he survived the last bell but put a sour taste in many fans watching the bout as it was a reminiscent of the disaster bout between Pacquiao and Clottey.
bnoles4life
John Ruiz in anyone of his "clinch-fests" NOT involving Roy Jones, Jr.
Cshel86
laugh.gif

Good choices guys!

Right now, I would have to say Martinez/Williams III. I pray long and hard that this rubber match doesn't take place, for P. Willy's safety anyhow. We ALL know that he refuses to change anything, so I definitely see a repeat of the rematch...followed by a gurney and some EMTs (trainees and all).

Jones/Calzaghe(Cal Slappy): Not even greasy wings and 2-for-1 Yuenglings at Hooters kept me calm...well, not until the waitress kept coming to the table:rolleyes:
bnoles4life
Floyd vs. Baldomir

REASON: While I know it's blasphemous to say anything negative about FMJ, but I suspect Roger was asleep during this fight. Yeah, Yeah, yeah....I know PBF hurt his hand and I'm in no way calling him out, but a boring fight is a boring fight regardless of the reason, right? It says a lot about the fight when you remember the post-fight interview "stick to commentating, cuz you don't know sh*t about boxing" or " DLH can get that @$$ taxed, too!" (S/N: After the emergence and then confirmation of the DLH pics, DLH may not have been opposed to having his (gulp) "@$$ taxed")
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 28 2012, 08:48 PM) *
laugh.gif

Good choices guys!

Right now, I would have to say Martinez/Williams III. I pray long and hard that this rubber match doesn't take place, for P. Willy's safety anyhow. We ALL know that he refuses to change anything, so I definitely see a repeat of the rematch...followed by a gurney and some EMTs (trainees and all).

Jones/Calzaghe(Cal Slappy): Not even greasy wings and 2-for-1 Yuenglings at Hooters kept me calm...well, not until the waitress kept coming to the table:rolleyes:

Tell the truth....you were at Sea Hag CENTRAL!
Cshel86
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Feb 28 2012, 08:01 PM) *
Floyd vs. Baldomir

REASON: While I know it's blasphemous to say anything negative about FMJ, but I suspect Roger was asleep during this fight. Yeah, Yeah, yeah....I know PBF hurt his hand and I'm in no way calling him out, but a boring fight is a boring fight regardless of the reason, right? It says a lot about the fight when you remember the post-fight interview "stick to commentating, cuz you don't know sh*t about boxing" or " DLH can get that @$$ taxed, too!" (S/N: After the emergence and then confirmation of the DLH pics, DLH may not have been opposed to having his (gulp) "@$$ taxed")

Yeah that fight was a snoozer, but gladly the follow-up fight made us all forget about it...well at least for the moment anyway.
checkleft
Vlad Haye, Cintron Williams, Bradley alexander, mosley pac.
Cshel86
I hate the fact that a 4th Vasquez/Marquez fight even took place. Seriously, I enjoyed the first 3, but Vasquez facial features were an accident waiting to happen.
flazi
i agree with the 4th vasquez/marquez.
Winky Wright vs Mosley 2. shouldn't have happened. There was no way Mosley was going win. yeah he fought better than the first go around but still got dominated.
Cotto Margarito. Margarito shouldn't have been allowed to fight period. His eye needed more time to heal. I get the whole revenge thing but i saw the stoppage from the eye coming when the fight was signed. Cotto looked slow in that fight. he isn't going to touch mayweather with those punches.
daprofessor
ruiz/holyfield 1,2,3....although i will admit watching those fights made me a huge fan of ruiz.

vasquez/marquez 1,2,3,4....for the serious lack of any defense and the aftermath. both fighters careers were sacrificed imo.

castillo/corrales 2,3....didn't need to happen.

cotto/margarito 2

wolterb
I thought cshel V. allmenjoi IV was a little excessive myself.

(lol)

the potential 4th marquez - pacquiao fight would be overboard to me. I think we've seen every outcome that can happen, whether it is acknowledged by judges or not. nothing more to see.

a clash between haye and vitali would be futile. I do not think Haye can be competitive against either, nor do I think he is serious about boxing anymore.

I could potentially eat my words on this one, so I expect you guys to call me out...but, Canelo V. Mosley is going to be bad. I think Mosley is an active boxer in a retired body - so I imagine we'll see a live Mosley doing his best, but he'll get a sobering defeat. Could be overreacting to appearances, but Mosley looked old in 2010

Cshel86
QUOTE (wolterb @ Feb 29 2012, 10:00 PM) *

laugh.gif

That will be a JMM/Pacquiao fight, except one of us wont look as good...but the demand will be there!
daprofessor
QUOTE (wolterb @ Feb 29 2012, 11:00 PM) *
(lol)

the potential 4th marquez - pacquiao fight would be overboard to me. I think we've seen every outcome that can happen, whether it is acknowledged by judges or not. nothing more to see.

a clash between haye and vitali would be futile. I do not think Haye can be competitive against either, nor do I think he is serious about boxing anymore.

I could potentially eat my words on this one, so I expect you guys to call me out...but, Canelo V. Mosley is going to be bad. I think Mosley is an active boxer in a retired body - so I imagine we'll see a live Mosley doing his best, but he'll get a sobering defeat. Could be overreacting to appearances, but Mosley looked old in 2010

laugh.gif
Cshel86

Watch Hector Saldivia at 7:22...thinking that the fight was over laugh.gif

This is a repost, but I had to resurrect it. If you want to see a terrible display of the sweet science and a waste of a PPV undercard, then check this out.

Said Quali vs Hector Saldivia on the Mayweather/Mosley undercard...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.