Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: VERNON PARIS vs Zab Judah
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
neophyte7
A friend of mines from Detroit called me to get ready to get tickets. He sees Vernon Paris somewhat regularly and says that the he is focused to come to Brooklyn and put Zab away. My friend went to a few of his bouts and says he is a killer in there... Anyone seen this guy fight before. Reading his interview he seems all business.. ???
leonthegee
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Mar 1 2012, 02:51 PM) *
A friend of mines from Detroit called me to get ready to get tickets. He sees Vernon Paris somewhat regularly and says that the he is focused to come to Brooklyn and put Zab away. My friend went to a few of his bouts and says he is a killer in there... Anyone seen this guy fight before. Reading his interview he seems all business.. ???

I saw his last fight against Tim Coleman on ESPN FNFs back in like Sept and I was very impressed with Vernon. There was a lot of bad blood between Coleman and him and it made for a very entertaining fight. I thought both guys came to fight but Vernons body punching wore Coleman down and was the main factor. Check the fight on youtube.
neophyte7
Impressive... I watched multiple Yutube fights of this guy-- fights off the front foot and going backwards with a pretty good defence. He is aggressive to the body and head and stalks with controlled aggression. I am not sure how he takes a shot, but his style seems all wrong for this version of Judah... The guy seems to be on par skill wise with Broner... with more of a nasty streak and bad intentions...
Cshel86
This is how the fight will go...Judah will screw us all by winning this one, and totally fucking up his title shot after the opening bell of that fight. Classic Judah...he's able to get to the pond, but is never able to hydrate himself.

Paris' beautful body work will be transposed or reduced to false low blow attempts to buy time. So if we dont see Judah gong for the kill after the sounding of the first bell, then expect a whooooole lot of theatrics on his part.
bosco
We're about to see the end of Judah. Vernon is gonna put a good beating on Judah. One thing about Vernon is he has a attitude that he's gonna whoop whoever he fights and he's gonna fight his fight so Judah is done.
neophyte7
I definitely see Judah pulling something relative to the body shots he will be receiving... Paris though has some skills and is more than one dimensional, yet his comp has not been as good as even this poor version of Judah.. Judah was absolutely pathetic against Khan... he looked to be a totally shot fighter.
bnoles4life
Yes, you can count me in the mass of people, whom Zab has let down and thoroughly disappointed. That being said, you can also put me in the group that knows Zab still has quick hands, "pop" and if you're not focused, he can "off" your "on" switch.
Franchize
I grew up in NYC. i went to HS in Brooklyn. I have absolutely no idea where this stadium is. Anyone have any clue?

I dont know much about Paris so I wont pretend to have a prediction. I don't trust BK fighters tho. They historically lack discipline and poise. When the going gets tough, they exemplify the things that are wrong with Brooklyn instead of the grit and toughness it's also known for. That being said, I thought Zab being trained by Pernell was a great idea. He seemed focused and in the best shape I've ever seen him in. However, I just think it came far too late in his career. Yoel is a known hot head. This should have been done ages ago but I understand why firing your pops is a hard thing to do. It's really the problem with a lot of young, black fighters today. They feel a sense of loyalty to the person that started their career (and at times saved their life). But when the competition level increases, your training should too. If anyone has seen Yoel in the corner, they know Yoel isn't exactly an elite trainer lol. All sound effects.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Franchize @ Mar 1 2012, 08:33 PM) *
I don't trust BK fighters tho. They historically lack discipline and poise. When the going gets tough, they exemplify the things that are wrong with Brooklyn instead of the grit and toughness it's also known for.

Harlem make it, Brooklyn take it! laugh.gif You have to admit though, having Yoel brings comedy to the corner between rounds!
Franchize
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 1 2012, 11:36 PM) *
Harlem make it, Brooklyn take it! laugh.gif You have to admit though, having Yoel brings comedy to the corner between rounds!

I'm a Queens guy myself but Yoel in the corner makes me angry and laugh at the same times. Dude just starts goin nuts like a chick fight on youtube. "You got hit him again and then again and then ha ha ha ha ha to the head. then boom boom boom to the body." Then, once Zab doesn't do it (probably because he has no idea wtf Yoel is talking about), he has that one wrong where he starts talking then he blocks the cameras with his back and starts whispering to Zab. Then "mysteriously" something dirty or unusual happens lol
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Franchize @ Mar 2 2012, 09:53 AM) *
I'm a Queens guy myself

Originally from Bayside my damn self...

bnoles4life
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 2 2012, 12:36 AM) *

Manhattan keeps on makin' it...C'mon, Cshely!!!! LOL
Cshel86
QUOTE (Franchize @ Mar 2 2012, 08:53 AM) *
I'm a Queens guy myself but Yoel in the corner makes me angry and laugh at the same times. Dude just starts goin nuts like a chick fight on youtube. "You got hit him again and then again and then ha ha ha ha ha to the head. then boom boom boom to the body." Then, once Zab doesn't do it (probably because he has no idea wtf Yoel is talking about), he has that one wrong where he starts talking then he blocks the cameras with his back and starts whispering to Zab. Then "mysteriously" something dirty or unusual happens lol

You are absolutely right man! As soon as Yoel gives those mystery instructions, something mysterious usually happens. You gotta admit...those instructions are fuckin' hilarious though! laugh.gif

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Mar 2 2012, 10:36 AM) *
Manhattan keeps on makin' it...C'mon, Cshely!!!! LOL

laugh.gif

Im just happy to be in the midst of this NY convo. These are usually one of those, "What's the major word?" convos...
BigDDatHomey
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Mar 1 2012, 07:15 PM) *
Yes, you can count me in the mass of people, whom Zab has let down and thoroughly disappointed. That being said, you can also put me in the group that knows Zab still has quick hands, "pop" and if you're not focused, he can "off" your "on" switch.

I agree 100%. I don't know what it is with ZAB. It's almost like body, mind, and spirit are not connected. He definitely has the skills to pay the bills, but he can never seem to step up and put it all together. He has to skills to whip Khan easily, he just doesn't do it. It almost seems like when the going gets tough, Zab is mentally out of there.
bnoles4life
QUOTE (BigDDatHomey @ Mar 2 2012, 12:48 PM) *
I agree 100%. I don't know what it is with ZAB. It's almost like body, mind, and spirit are not connected. He definitely has the skills to pay the bills, but he can never seem to step up and put it all together. He has to skills to whip Khan easily, he just doesn't do it. It almost seems like when the going gets tough, Zab is mentally out of there.

Zab, to me, is boxing's Penny Hardaway, in that he has all the skills, but not the career that matches. Moreover, they both have people saying, "If he would just......."
BigFightFan
ZAB JUDAH RIDES AGAIN! laugh.gif I'm taking Judah in this fight with a TKO or ko within 6 and I'm hoping to see the old Judah not this new style that doesn't fit him.
Cheesey1
Yet another good match up. Looking forward to this one.
mrchitown
I say Zab wins. I like Paris but he has some questionable mental practices of his own as he is a hot head himself. I thought he did a wonderful job in his fight against Coleman, but that doesn't prove to me that he's some world beater or ready to step in the ring and win a title. I think Zab can beat Vernon easily actually...if he listens to his corner. Zab has a "will do" "won't do" switch and you just never know when he's going to put it all together or shut it all down. In the Khan fight, if he would've let his hands go, it would've nullified some of the things Khan was doing but he didn't. All the elements are there for Zab to win and I believe he will because I haven't seen anything from paris to make me think he'll beat Zab. in my opinion, he's the new Zab...straight troublemaker who has flash moments
neophyte7
Are you sure.. In the fights I saw.. I saw a disciplined fighter not straying from his body assault and being able to box when he wanted??? talk to me Chitown.. Dont get me wrong Zab has been world class, but come on man, that shit against Khan was crazy.. he faked a low blow LMAO... people just dont see that!!! Zab is an official quitter dude that needs to be put out his misery.. I for one hope Paris does it. I am bias though.. I am New Yorker, yet born and raised until 17 in Detroit.... Motown Down Eastside...
E.C.LEGEND
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Mar 2 2012, 05:07 PM) *
Zab, to me, is boxing's Penny Hardaway, in that he has all the skills, but not the career that matches. Moreover, they both have people saying, "If he would just......."

More like boxings JR Rider. lol
bnoles4life
QUOTE (E.C.LEGEND @ Mar 3 2012, 02:01 PM) *
More like boxings JR Rider. lol

E.C. I stand corrected.
mrchitown
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Mar 3 2012, 01:19 AM) *
Are you sure.. In the fights I saw.. I saw a disciplined fighter not straying from his body assault and being able to box when he wanted??? talk to me Chitown.. Dont get me wrong Zab has been world class, but come on man, that shit against Khan was crazy.. he faked a low blow LMAO... people just dont see that!!! Zab is an official quitter dude that needs to be put out his misery.. I for one hope Paris does it. I am bias though.. I am New Yorker, yet born and raised until 17 in Detroit.... Motown Down Eastside...

If I wasn't sure of what I said I wouldn't have said it. I like Paris but you must not have been paying attention to his history of issues outside of the ring. he's switched trainers a few times and I don't see much that he can do that makes me believe he can beat Zab, outside of the body work that he did in the Coleman fight which he looked good in. I feel you on the quitting, Zab has a history of checking out sometimes but Paris is no Khan. He's never going to be a champ in my opinion. Who the f*ck can he beat in that division for a belt? I don't think he can beat Kendall Holt or that Garcia kid..or Mathysse. If he beats Zab then that's fine with me but he's not somebody who I see making Zab "check-out". If he can do that body work "consistently" against Zab then that could spell problems, but boxing abilities? I believe Zab has the edge there. Experience, fights against world-class boxers, boxing ability, and I believe Zab's boxing IQ will see him thru in this one. Detroit huh? I've been there twice. I can see why you'd be biased, Detroit blows in sports these days. Royce da 5'9 and Em is about the only thing I acknowledge Detroit on
MaxPayne
Zab for some reason just seems like a fighter who can't pull the hell of a trigger that he once had. It's sad to see him this way, but then again, there was always something missing from his game, even when he was at his peak.

I expect Vernon Paris to win this fight pretty handily.
Cshel86
QUOTE (MaxPayne @ Mar 3 2012, 10:36 PM) *
It's sad to see him this way

Im hoping that he's still fighting because he wants to compete, and not because he needs money. I pray that it's not because he needs money. Last time he fought (against Khan), he only walked away with about 500k, so I can imagine he's making less in this fight.
neophyte7
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 3 2012, 09:33 PM) *
If I wasn't sure of what I said I wouldn't have said it. I like Paris but you must not have been paying attention to his history of issues outside of the ring. he's switched trainers a few times and I don't see much that he can do that makes me believe he can beat Zab, outside of the body work that he did in the Coleman fight which he looked good in. I feel you on the quitting, Zab has a history of checking out sometimes but Paris is no Khan. He's never going to be a champ in my opinion. Who the f*ck can he beat in that division for a belt? I don't think he can beat Kendall Holt or that Garcia kid..or Mathysse. If he beats Zab then that's fine with me but he's not somebody who I see making Zab "check-out". If he can do that body work "consistently" against Zab then that could spell problems, but boxing abilities? I believe Zab has the edge there. Experience, fights against world-class boxers, boxing ability, and I believe Zab's boxing IQ will see him thru in this one. Detroit huh? I've been there twice. I can see why you'd be biased, Detroit blows in sports these days. Royce da 5'9 and Em is about the only thing I acknowledge Detroit on

Zab is not even a good boxer any more.. he cannot pull the trigger and fights like HE IS SCARED TO GET HIT--Only edge Zab has is Pernell Whitaker... and that did not help him against Khan... he quite like a Bitch.. EMIMEN, 5"9..??? HOW OLD ARE YOU SON??? I don't listen to that subculture degenerative bullshit--- Detroit got RED WINGS!!! TIGERS!!! Justine Verlander.... Chicago got Derrik Rose.. a dumb fuck who couldn't even pass his own SAT LOL.. Lived in Chitown years back on COTTAGE GROVE ON THE SOUTHSIDE--- love the place!!! and the DETROIT LIONS ON THE RISE.. CHICAGO been dead since Jordan left!!! Derrik Rose the illiterate is CHICAGO'S SAVIOR....

I see Paris making Zab quit or do his usual bail out drama... Paris said NOTHING ABOUT BROOKLYN scares him yet he is concerned on getting the hell out of there after he knocks Zab's quitting ass out in his Hometown.. this is going to be a good one..

"Zab for some reason just seems like a fighter who can't pull the hell of a trigger that he once had. It's sad to see him this way, but then again, there was always something missing from his game, even when he was at his peak. "I expect Vernon Paris to win this fight pretty handily." (Max Payne)--- Exactly my view.. Even in his comeback win against Mabuza prior to him getting that good Whack.. He was pathetic relative to letting his hands go...
mrchitown
[quote name='neophyte7' date='Mar 4 2012, 10:26 AM' post='553843']
Zab is not even a good boxer any more.. he cannot pull the trigger and fights like HE IS SCARED TO GET HIT--Only edge Zab has is Pernell Whitaker... and that did not help him against Khan... he quite like a Bitch.. EMIMEN, 5"9..??? HOW OLD ARE YOU SON??? I don't listen to that subculture degenerative bullshit--- Detroit got RED WINGS!!! TIGERS!!! Justine Verlander.... Chicago got Derrik Rose.. a dumb fuck who couldn't even pass his own SAT LOL.. Lived in Chitown years back on COTTAGE GROVE ON THE SOUTHSIDE--- love the place!!! and the DETROIT LIONS ON THE RISE.. CHICAGO been dead since Jordan left!!! Derrik Rose the illiterate is CHICAGO'S SAVIOR....

Damn you went hard on my city huh? Well f*ck you too! And I'm 28 and I love hip-hop. Don't like hockey so I don't keep up with them but the tigers are ok, lions on the come up? I highly doubt it. Across the board Chicago sports are better then Detroit's but i guess that could be a bit of bias in me too lol.I've not had the chance to live in Detroit but I wouldn't if I did, I've visited twice and it's not a place where I'd move my family too. Yeah that SAT shit was dumb, I know sh*t about Keving Garnett that's even worse then that. But at least he isn't a hot head like Paris, and I actually like Paris but he's a misdemeanor away from the pen

Ive read the interviews you speak of, he does seem to be zeroed in on this fight. But we'll just have to wait and see how he reacts to getting hit on fight night. I think we both can agree that talk means nothing, he has to prove it in the ring, and he very well could win but I don't see it because I think he's not as good as people are making him out to be. And if he does win, he won't beat Peterson or Khan, he won't be a champion any way. I don't rate Paris on the level of Zab's last 3 or 4 opponents point, blank, period. And Vernon's defense is not all that solid, he could get his ass KTFO too if he's not careful.
mrchitown
And I was actually considering about going to this fight but I decided against it since I went to Alexander's fight in STL and I'm going to one in late April
neophyte7
The last I checked Chitown, the Detroit Lions made the playoffs... Chicago limped away like some bitches... Any how.. I see Zab Judah as a fighter that has had too many chances... I have a feeling Paris is going to beat the shit out of him. Judah is afraid to get hit and he relies on his one shot power which is not as dangerous as it once was, primarily because Judah is afraid to get hit.. I think the sport of boxing deserves to be rid of Judah who has done nothing with his multiple opportunities... I would like to see him brutally stopped!!!
mrchitown
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Mar 4 2012, 11:26 PM) *
The last I checked Chitown, the Detroit Lions made the playoffs... Chicago limped away like some bitches... Any how.. I see Zab Judah as a fighter that has had too many chances... I have a feeling Paris is going to beat the shit out of him. Judah is afraid to get hit and he relies on his one shot power which is not as dangerous as it once was, primarily because Judah is afraid to get hit.. I think the sport of boxing deserves to be rid of Judah who has done nothing with his multiple opportunities... I would like to see him brutally stopped!!!

I'll give you that, and last I checked the bulls were in the conference finals last yr while the pistons sat at home, I guess we'll agree to disagree as the sports town as I say fuck Detroit and you think otherwise. But back to this fight. I don't believe in too many chances, he's earned them and if he wins on the 24th then he'll have earned another opportunity. Paris looked great against Coleman but Judah has more skill then Coleman. If Paris were to dominate him then I could jump on the bandwagon and say he needs to retire.

But in my opinion Paris won't be the one to do it. Are you basing your argument on Judah's too many chances as you put it or do you believe that Paris is that good to beat him? Because if your basing on his opportunities then thats a f*ckin weak argument. I have no stake in who wins or loses but I think Zab pulls it off in this one. I agree with what you stated earlier in that it will be a good fight. we can debate this til we're blue in the face but I pick Zab you picked Vernon. The best fighter will win and it could be either fighter but I'm riding with Zab on this one. There's nothing I could say to you or vice versa that will change our opinions
neophyte7
Chitown.. your boy Zab is talking the usual talk... and he probably will do his usual meltdown walk once Vernon Paris starts stalking him down with those body shots... He also said he fell asleep watching tapes of Paris fight LMAO..... Seems like he may be delusionally overconfident and taking Paris lightly...
mrchitown
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Mar 5 2012, 06:12 PM) *
Chitown.. your boy Zab is talking the usual talk... and he probably will do his usual meltdown walk once Vernon Paris starts stalking him down with those body shots... He also said he fell asleep watching tapes of Paris fight LMAO..... Seems like he may be delusionally overconfident and taking Paris lightly...

C'mon man. Is that it? You raise an interesting point, talk is talk and your new "best friend" Mr. Paris is doing the same thing. Talk is talk, somehow because Paris says something he's focused but uf Zab says it he's delusional. Give me a better argument then this, please. Paris says "I'm not afraid to go to Brooklyn", oh shit I'm shaking in my boots, big talk lol. Their both throwing "the usual talk" at each other. I believe Paris will come to fight, I also believe Zab will come to fight as well. Vernon is a good body puncher, I see constant body work being his key to victory. You talked about power but Vernon's power isn't devastating as you think. You seem to have a deep issue against Zab's "opporunities" as you put it and not against his boxing abilities. If you think he'll lose fine but to minimalize his abilities is pathetic. Tell me some fights of Paris that you've seen outside the Coleman fight? Tell me some other fights in which he's this destoyer of boxers as your making him out to be? Give me anything of truth and not speculation to prove that Paris is what your claiming he is
neophyte7
Bottom line.. Judah is shot... his last bout says it all... Based upon what I have seen of Paris.. he is at this point solid enough to beat this degenerated "no more' SUPER ZAB JUDAH----Paris is undefeated, confident, has a good solid style and doesn't have the same wear mentally or physically as Judah who has been so unsure of himself he even switched religions.. LMAO... I don't need a better argument. Why should I not think the usual maniacal, excuse making, looking for a way out Zab will show up... I see the younger guy taking it to him and bringing out an act of desperation in Zab in his home town. Of all subjects history is a great reference point for research. Zab's history says it all. He has a recent history of quitting and looking for ways out of fights.. Even prior to his one shot that led to him stopping Mabuza he looked awful!!! HE TRULY LOST TO MATHYSSE.. that was a gift decision --I see Paris stalking Zab down like MATHYSSE DID and having a bit more success working Zab's body... Paris will go to that body... I mean considering he faked a low blow in looking for a way out of getting his ass TOTALLY DOMINATED BY KHAN--His greatest moment was the haymaker he landed on Cory Spinks to be the undisputed welter champion... Judah does still have power.. one shot power, but I don't see him getting it done. he faked a low blow in his last bout which told me Zab is finito---I may be wrong but I see Paris beating him handily... I don't really see a KO.. Zab will BITE Paris's nuts before allowing himself to be Kod or stopped.. If he even gets rocked by Paris look for something insane to take place in Brooklyn!!! That is how I see it, yet of course it will all be decided in the ring...
mrchitown
Don't agree, Paris has been knocked down against fighters with lesser power then Judah. Remember the 2nd round versus Coleman he might not be in is fight if Coleman hadnt of went full blitz after that. Not sure what a man's religion has to do with anything but ok, I thought he looked decent against Mabuza and I thout he beat Matthyse. Nbody started talking that he could lose bullshit until that knock down. Matthyse came on in the end but you show me some early rounds he won and I prove your full of shit. If you don't need a better argument then why is the public to believe that Paris is going to win. You say the proof is there that Judah is shot but where's the proof that Paris is a good fighter? Because he beat Coleman? You need more then that? Im still waiting for other fights you've seen him in, or have you just watched the Coleman fight like everybody else and just want to display your dislike for Judah? March 24th will be a good night of action, but I don't believe it will be for Paris and your obsession with Judah retiring
neophyte7
Actually watched multiple fights on Video... I like what I saw---- knocked down by Coleman came back and stopped him... Don't dislike Judah I actually enjoy his ring bafoonery he resorts to when he starts getting his ass handed to him... We will see what happens homie...
daprofessor
i've seen paris in the gym get whooped up on by a kid with about 4 pro fights. he must have been coming off a long break...or wasn't in total shape yet because the kid was giving it to him. he dropped him and everything. when i heard paris was 20 something and 0....i could not believe what i was witnessing. why go all the way to cali to get whooped on? it doesn't make sense. he looked good against coleman...but let's be honest...was coleman a world beater? i thought he was pretty good...but i also saw him get worked a few times in the gym as well. everyone has good and bad days. it's a big deal when the elite fighters have bad days. not sure paris has the tools to be elite. zab was very close to elite in his prime. he'll be the one to test him. let's see what happens.
mgrover
in the coleman fight it seems paris is a slow starter, i think it'll end up in some sort of paris 8-9 ko affair, or tko most likely, why? cause ive had enough of judah getting chances and people saying oh yeah he can still come back. after the chicken dance he never seemed the same. am going out there and saying he cant pull the trigger anymore.
BoxingEinstein

That Paris kid is real nice and has a very disciplined body work. I see Judah wilting and going Houdini after his loss to Paris. Goodbye Super Shit Judah.
mrchitown
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Mar 7 2012, 09:09 PM) *
Actually watched multiple fights on Video... I like what I saw---- knocked down by Coleman came back and stopped him... Don't dislike Judah I actually enjoy his ring bafoonery he resorts to when he starts getting his ass handed to him... We will see what happens homie...

Indeed we will
neophyte7
good call chitowm I WAS LIVE in Brooklyn to watch zab stop Paris...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.