Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: - Guzman vs. Pabon
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Cheesey1
Rd 6. - Guzman is smacking Pabon around, but not putting an attack together. Pabon is ready to be KTFO'd, if Guzman just put it together.
Cheesey1
I guess that Pabon isn't that good, but Guzman shouldn't showboat. He might get caught. I doubt it, but it's always a risk.
Cheesey1
End of Rd. 7. Guzman let Pabon tee off on him, but still Guzman's night, by far.
Cheesey1
Damn! What a KO. Pabon seemed out of his league, but not a bad showing at all by Guzman.
Cheesey1
I think they said that they'll be interviewing Mayweather.
Cheesey1
WTF dumb ass espn reporter. No basket ball discussions. This is FNF, not NBA night.

Last week he was wrong about the Haye/Chisora thing. He's not the sharpest tool in the shed...
Cheesey1
These kids in the four rounder are going to battle.
Cshel86
Pabon looks like a mix between Kelly Pavlik and the light skinned dude from Kid N Play! I already said earlier that Guzman looks like a Cuban Cam'ron laugh.gif That KO was ugly! I had to stop the fight I was watching on DVR, and hope that I could rewind this fight...glad I got lucky.
Cshel86
What's up with this reporter "over pronouncing" EVERY fuckin' word? I've seen him for the past few weeks, but damn, he just overdoes it.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 2 2012, 11:10 PM) *
What's up with this reporter "over pronouncing" EVERY fuckin' word? I've seen him for the past few weeks, but damn, he just overdoes it.

Yeah, he's starting to get on my nerves. I gave him the benefit of the doubt because he's new, but he just seems to be a bit of a turd.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 2 2012, 11:08 PM) *
Pabon looks like a mix between Kelly Pavlik and the light skinned dude from Kid N Play! I already said earlier that Guzman looks like a Cuban Cam'ron laugh.gif That KO was ugly! I had to stop the fight I was watching on DVR, and hope that I could rewind this fight...glad I got lucky.

Haha, Kid had better moves than Pabon. Don't insult Kid.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Mar 2 2012, 11:14 PM) *
Haha, Kid had better moves than Pabon. Don't insult Kid.

Hahahaha!!! The motherfucker had a head like Pavlik though laugh.gif
Cshel86
Dobey and Caldwell are both flat-footed like shit. I mean Daffy Duck flat-footed...
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 2 2012, 11:18 PM) *
Dobey and Caldwell are both flat-footed like shit. I mean Daffy Duck flat-footed...

Yeah, but they're young (I think) and they came to fight. No bullshit there.

I saw a few decent combos and some decent punch selection, but as you said they were flat footed, so were there to be hit.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Mar 2 2012, 11:20 PM) *
Yeah, but they're young (I think) and they came to fight. No bullshit there.

No bullshit at all. Im still not a fan of how Dobey consistently keeps his hands up (exposing his rib cage) when he defends. Caldwell just isn't that fast enough to get to it. Had Dobey been in there with a faster guy, he wouldn't have had time to scratch his ass laugh.gif

Great fight though. At least they aren't in there BS'ing.
Jack 1000
Finally Guzman does something exciting! I did not see the fight, but for the last several years, or fights that I have seen him, he has been boring, and been on the receiving end of bad decisions in his favor. Prior to this fight, I don't remember when Guzman had an exciting fight. I know he used to have them, but they were a while ago. What happened?

Jack
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Mar 2 2012, 11:33 PM) *
Finally Guzman does something exciting! I did not see the fight, but for the last several years, or fights that I have seen him, he has been boring, and been on the receiving end of bad decisions in his favor. Prior to this fight, I don't remember when Guzman had an exciting fight. I know he used to have them, but they were a while ago. What happened?

Jack

Pabon was slow and his d was one dimensional, but Guzman did work the body and used the uppercut nicely. He eventually connected to the head in the 5th and 6th rounds (I believe). Guzman could've been a lot busier because he definitely landed some nice ones and then Pabon left his jaw kind of out there and Guzman clocked him not once, but twice with the left and the second one KTFO'd Pabon.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Mar 2 2012, 11:33 PM) *

Jack

Well...he's the same Guzman...he came in 1/2 lbs over in this fight...so its obvious that his biggest fight is at the scale. The fight was decent, he pretty much tpyed with Pabon, because Pabon fought like he was scared.

He pretty much hit him with whatever he wanted to hit him with, but its weird that it took him this long to get Pabon out of there. Point is, he got him out of there, but as you mentioned, he hasn't been in a good fight in a while.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.