Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Showtime@10PM(ET)/7PM(PT):Salido vs. Lopez II-SPOILERS 15 Mins Later
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2
Jack 1000
For all on-going and post-fight reactions to tonight's fight. Keep everything in this thread.

Jack

Administrator
Cshel86
Man this Herrera/Gonzalez fight is poo-poo no2.gif Nobody wants to take a chance and hit the other guy. All I see is jabs and missed power punches. Then these losers have the nerve to scuffle during clinches no2.gif
Cshel86
Wow, just when I say something, Gonzalez landed a huge and ugly overhand right got Herrera in big trouble. Glad it was the end of the round, but Im not sure Herrera has much left.
Cshel86
Herrera got popped with that left hand the WHOLE round! He went down at the last 20 seconds of the round...man I tell ya, those last 20 seconds are not his best friend. laugh.gif
Cshel86
Herrera gets stopped in the 8th...he was getting hit with EVERYTHING for too long...it was about that time. Herrera's reaction was priceless...he threw a toddler tantrum, so it looks like I have a new sig coming! laugh.gif
Cshel86
Where is everybody??? dntknw.gif
Cheesey1
Tuned in. Not focused on the Concepcio/Garcia bout yet, but will be in a bit.
Cshel86
I gave the first to Garcia, though not much happened. He was trying to land that right though. Concepcion is doing himself no favors by trying to pimp his way through rounds...
Cshel86
Gave the 2nd and 3rd to Garcia as well. Concepcion is trying though. Im already sick of these PR fans...they boo every 15-20 seconds for no reason.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 10 2012, 10:22 PM) *
I gave the first to Garcia, though not much happened. He was trying to land that right though. Concepcion is doing himself no favors by trying to pimp his way through rounds...

I can see why he was trying to land that right. It looks pretty good.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Mar 10 2012, 10:28 PM) *
I can see why he was trying to land that right. It looks pretty good.

I know! He needs to be careful though....Concepcion is a sneaky little fucker...
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 10 2012, 10:27 PM) *
Gave the 2nd and 3rd to Garcia as well. Concepcion is trying though. Im already sick of these PR fans...they boo every 15-20 seconds for no reason.

Agreed.
HaydelHammer
so far this is your typical older guy I'm not going to give the young guy anything vs young guy super technical and sound will take everything he see's open.

Until somebody loses their discipline, I don't see this changing.

I've always liked garcia...very very well schooled.

Just checked they are both same age it seems....lol not good for concepcion
Cshel86
Man, Garcia's ability to keep his cool at ALL TIMES is crazy! That right hand was nasty, and he acted like he didn't even throw it...like, "Oh yeah, yeah, i threw that right hand, no big deal man." laugh.gif

His ability to keep cool and throw explosive shit, reminds me of Anthony Dirrell, but Dirrell is more explosive though.
Cheesey1
Damn you Tarver, i was just about to say that Garcia needs to go to the body more. His jab seems so powerful that a few to the chest would be no brainers.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (HaydelHammer @ Mar 10 2012, 10:35 PM) *
so far this is your typical older guy I'm not going to give the young guy anything vs young guy super technical and sound will take everything he see's open.

Until somebody loses their discipline, I don't see this changing.

I've always liked garcia...very very well schooled.

Just checked they are both same age it seems....lol not good for concepcion

Shit, hard living for Concepcion because he definitely looks older.
HaydelHammer
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 10 2012, 10:36 PM) *
Man, Garcia's ability to keep his cool at ALL TIMES is crazy! That right hand was nasty, and he acted like he didn't even throw it...like, "Oh yeah, yeah, i threw that right hand, no big deal man." laugh.gif

His ability to keep cool and throw explosive shit, reminds me of Anthony Dirrell, but Dirrell is more explosive though.

yeah that is a good trait to have. super relaxed. I really like that about garcia, but as was just pointed out by tarver..he needs to be the boss in there. There is a point where you just take over and stop carrying a guy. Versus deeper competition he doesn't want to try to find that during a fight...he needs to get a BOSS attitude NOW!
Cheesey1
Boom-sha-lak-lak boom!
Cshel86
Concepcion is still a sneaky little fucker, and he will put his ass on the line just to make Garcia fight. He's gonna get wild and make, well, nevermind...
Cshel86
QUOTE (HaydelHammer @ Mar 10 2012, 10:41 PM) *
yeah that is a good trait to have. super relaxed. I really like that about garcia, but as was just pointed out by tarver..he needs to be the boss in there. There is a point where you just take over and stop carrying a guy. Versus deeper competition he doesn't want to try to find that during a fight...he needs to get a BOSS attitude NOW!

Wholeheartedly agree...
HaydelHammer
there U have it...as soon as somebody broke out of chess move....it's a wrap. I give concepcion props for saying Fk it and let's get this shit over. Garcia was not breaking his discipline at all.
Cshel86
Fuck Strike Force!
Cshel86
You cant tell me that Chavez Sr. doesn't still smoke hella cigarettes laugh.gif

Where is Cotto/Margarito on that list MX vs PR list???
HaydelHammer
why is the champ that already came into your backyard and beat you have to go back to your crib to fight you on your turf again?

pretty much pre determined who is the wanted champ.
Cshel86
QUOTE (HaydelHammer @ Mar 10 2012, 11:00 PM) *
why is the champ that already came into your backyard and beat you have to go back to your crib to fight you on your turf again?

I didn't even look at it that way...
HaydelHammer
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 10 2012, 11:02 PM) *
I didn't even look at it that way...

My wife actually brought up that point. I remember last year I was watching Hbo and just so happen to switch over to see this upset....she remembered this first fight and was like why is he fighting in PR?

I don't know. Oh well. I hope he does it again. Shane was going through a divorce and had one of the greatest wins in his life IMO. this dude FOLDED like a tent imo against a steady counter guy with a solid chin that paced himself.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 10 2012, 10:57 PM) *
You cant tell me that Chavez Sr. doesn't still smoke hella cigarettes laugh.gif

Where is Cotto/Margarito on that list MX vs PR list???

Chavez looked like a leacherous old boozer.

Cotto/Margarito I...dunno, because of the suspicion of the old plaster of paris. C/M II, it was okay. Nothing special.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (HaydelHammer @ Mar 10 2012, 11:00 PM) *

Yup. Got to give Salido his proper respect for that alone.
Cshel86
QUOTE (HaydelHammer @ Mar 10 2012, 11:07 PM) *
this dude FOLDED like a tent imo against a steady counter guy with a solid chin that paced himself.

laugh.gif

Yeah it was ugly. I think he will try to come in and get Salido out of there.

QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Mar 10 2012, 11:07 PM) *
Chavez looked like a leacherous old boozer.

laugh.gif

Tell me about it...
Cheesey1
Good first round. 1st round, basically even to me.
Cshel86
Why is that fuckin' hag out there (Lopez' ex-wife)? Didn't she play a hand in his last defeat?
Cheesey1
Salido grabbed the advantage in round 2.
HaydelHammer
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 10 2012, 11:13 PM) *
Why is that fuckin' hag out there (Lopez' ex-wife)? Didn't she play a hand in his last defeat?

not in my opinion. I think divorces bring out the best in a man. I went through one and had the best year of my life.

This dude ran into a "solid" cat that paces himself and lands solid counters. If anything Juan is playing into solido gameplan.

If juan just boxed this would be a complete SHUTOUT IMO.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Mar 10 2012, 11:17 PM) *
Salido took the edge in round 2.

+1

Hittin' him with the same shit from the first fight...
Cheesey1
I haven't watched that many of Lopez' matches, but yes Salido is wild and is susceptible to a good boxer. Salido just got the third too.
Cshel86
Juanma is relaxed, no doubt, but some of these punches that he's taking are unnecessary...

Gus Johnson almost had one of his moments in the last round laugh.gif

QUOTE (HaydelHammer @ Mar 10 2012, 11:17 PM) *
not in my opinion. I think divorces bring out the best in a man. I went through one and had the best year of my life.

This dude ran into a "solid" cat that paces himself and lands solid counters. If anything Juan is playing into solido gameplan.

If juan just boxed this would be a complete SHUTOUT IMO.

I guess everyone deals with it differently. Glad to see that you had a good year afterwards...
mrchitown
Gus Johnson is obviously enoying Salido's performance LOL
Cshel86
I gave the 4th to Lopez...
HaydelHammer
If Juan just boxed this fight is a CAKEWALK...but he is on that PR shit..knock him out finish him shit.

Just get the win dude.
Cshel86
Damn both of them got hurt at the end of that round!
HaydelHammer
nice shot.
Cshel86
QUOTE (HaydelHammer @ Mar 10 2012, 11:26 PM) *
If Juan just boxed this fight is a CAKEWALK...but he is on that PR shit..knock him out finish him shit.

Just get the win dude.

+1
Cshel86
6th goes to Salido...he just cant get away from overhand punches. Whether he wins or loses tonight...he is looking at brain damage by the age of 30. C'mon dude, protect that chin...
HaydelHammer
Juan needs to smarten up man. damn. very frustrating watching this.

Lose the PRIDE and get the WIN.

Juan is a better boxer but he wants to out gun a guy that is relying on ONE gameplan that he is falling into.
Cshel86
Again I repeat...Juanma will have brain damage by 30 no2.gif

Will Lopez do a "Trinidad" and get dirty when shit gets rough?
Cshel86
"Nuts and Guts folks"!!! - Gus Johnson
HaydelHammer
I don't care who wins this fight.....this is boxing folks.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 10 2012, 11:40 PM) *
Again I repeat...Juanma will have brain damage by 30 no2.gif

Will Lopez do a "Trinidad" and get dirty when shit gets rough?

I think that shit's already pretty rough.
Cheesey1
They're letting Lopez grab the back of Salido's head with his glove and hit him while he's doing that.
Cshel86
The 9th round was a measuring stick to show us whose more conditioned from this point on...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.