Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Manny Pacquiao: Dodging Taxes and Hiding Fugitives
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
MaxPayne
Political Fugitive Being Hidden By Manny Pacquiao

Interesting stuff from the Fighting Pride of the Philippines. Share your thoughts people.
Cshel86
Shit...looks like some good 24/7 material right here. Oh my bad, they dont put his fuck-ups out there for the world to see.
Cheesey1
The saint is suing the Philippino reporter who originally broke this story for libel. He basically wants to bankrupt the journalist, he's suing for 75MM Philipinne Pesos, which is about $1.75MM. God would be proud. I had put the link re. the libel lawsuit in the Saintly Tax Reminder thread

Haha, the saint is such a fraud it's genuinely hilarious.
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Mar 13 2012, 10:01 AM) *
The saint is suing the Philippino reporter who originally broke this story for libel. He basically wants to bankrupt the journalist, he's suing for 75MM Philipinne Pesos, which is about $1.75MM. God would be proud. I had put the link re. the libel lawsuit in the Saintly Tax Reminder thread

Haha, the saint is such a fraud it's genuinely hilarious.

It doesn't matter, Mayweather beats women and he hangs out with 50 cents plus he is a racist. Did I mention he beats women and he is going to jail?
MaxPayne
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Mar 13 2012, 11:10 AM) *
It doesn't matter, Mayweather beats women and he hangs out with 50 cents plus he is a racist. Did I mention he beats women and he is going to jail?

First of all, it's 50 Cent.

Second of all, yes, his words can be construed to be racist, if you're that inclined. Personally, he's a boxer who gets punched in the face for a living, not a politician. Also, a lot of his statements are specifically tinted to drum up hype/hate/whatever for PPV sales. Seems like it's working every time.

Thirdly, yes, he has a history of getting into altercations with women, although I never recall seeing a medical examiner's report that actually definitively comes to the conclusion that the alleged victim was actually beaten. Josie Harris has withdrawn charges in the past and cannot be seen as a reliable witness capable of giving a reliable testimony. Had that case gone to court, she would have been cross-examined to hell by the defense attorneys, and made to look like a dumbass.

But it is what it is, Floyd put himself in a compromising situation. He's going to jail for his indiscretions, as you've pointed out. No one has a problem with "justice" not being served.

In Pacquiao's case ? Whole different ball game. His gambling, womanizing and indiscretions all routinely get swept under the rug, because a clean-cut image of perfection for the Pacman is the only image that is profitable for the powers that be. That's the truth.

For all we know, Pacquiao has slapped a bitch or 2 in his day. It's basically known fact that he womanizes as much as Floyd ever has (if not even more). He gambles, just like Floyd does. Floyd is just completely open about it.

People need to wake up and realize that Pacquiao has his vices, and in the cases of evading taxes and harboring fugitives, they're pretty massive vices.
CauzinRuckus
QUOTE (MaxPayne @ Mar 13 2012, 10:47 AM) *

Second of all, yes, his words can be construed to be racist, if you're that inclined. Personally, he's a boxer who gets punched in the face for a living, not a politician. Also, a lot of his statements are specifically tinted to drum up hype/hate/whatever for PPV sales. Seems like it's working every time.

Thirdly, yes, he has a history of getting into altercations with women, although I never recall seeing a medical examiner's report that actually definitively comes to the conclusion that the alleged victim was actually beaten. Josie Harris has withdrawn charges in the past and cannot be seen as a reliable witness capable of giving a reliable testimony. Had that case gone to court, she would have been cross-examined to hell by the defense attorneys, and made to look like a dumbass.

But it is what it is, Floyd put himself in a compromising situation. He's going to jail for his indiscretions, as you've pointed out. No one has a problem with "justice" not being served.

In Pacquiao's case ? Whole different ball game. His gambling, womanizing and indiscretions all routinely get swept under the rug, because a clean-cut image of perfection for the Pacman is the only image that is profitable for the powers that be. That's the truth.

For all we know, Pacquiao has slapped a bitch or 2 in his day. It's basically known fact that he womanizes as much as Floyd ever has (if not even more). He gambles, just like Floyd does. Floyd is just completely open about it.

People need to wake up and realize that Pacquiao has his vices, and in the cases of evading taxes and harboring fugitives, they're pretty massive vices.

Lol manny smacking a bitch or 2 in his day lmao that was great . But very well put i agree

Cheesey1
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Mar 13 2012, 11:10 AM) *

Not sure if that was sarcasm, but I'm going to assume that it isn't (if it was sarcastic, sorry, my fault).

MaxPayne's response sums up exactly what I would've said. All I'm adding is this:

I don't buy the racism thing. It was an unnecessary comment by Mayweather, but calling it racist is, IMO, blatantly wrong. I haven't been fixating on what he said, but from what I've read, his comment was about the double standard applied when it comes to acknowledging the achievements of African American athletes.
There's a long history in American sports of glorifying something that's accomplished by a non-black athlete, when African-American athletes have achieved similar feats and continue to achieve similar feats, yet their achievements don't get mentioned (the European sports world too - just look at how some people are saying that Lionel Messi's the best footballer ever and somehow hasn't come close to winning a World Cup, yet Pele won at least one -possibly two- by the time that he had turned however old Messi is now). Mayweather just used Lin as an example of that double standard. I don't recall him saying anything that insulted Lin because of his race. I also find it funny how angry Philippinos are over this nonsense when they are discriminated against by white people and other Asians, such as the Japanese, Chinese etc. I guess that since we're supposedly the lowest on the totem pole, how dare we even bring up the topic of race? Damned black people, forgetting your place in the world.

Re. 'beating women.," as MaxPayne said, he should've known better. Any man that hits a woman is a fool and possibly a criminal (except for my man in the McDonalds on West 3rd. Good for him. Those women are lucky that I wasn't behind the counter). I don't know her, but since we're judging people, I'm calling her a chicken head and I want to see what injuries she sustained and since I'm making wishes here, I'd like an honest recounting of what she did. I highly doubt that she was just sitting there innocently.
Cshel86
...and Allmenjoi strikes again with her "witty" logic and blatant disinterest in the actual topic. Go figure... rolleyes_anim.gif
ks1
I think Allmenjoi was being sarcastic but my take on this is that it's interesting that this is coming out or happening now. The tax stuff, the fugitive stuff, the money stuff, the camp dissension..etc... I suspect that The Powers That Be in the Phillipines and the Bobfather are just about done with Pac.
BoxingEinstein

SMH! Pacquiao's days as a Saint for boxing is very soon coming to an end. It's sad we will never see him fight Mayweather until his final days in boxing. No humna being is without mistakes and faults. EVERYONE IS A HYPOCRITE!
Hotsauce
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 13 2012, 10:08 AM) *
Shit...looks like some good 24/7 material right here. Oh my bad, they dont put his fuck-ups out there for the world to see.

luckily he ain't fighting that other guy
mgrover
couldnt give a shit, hes a fighter to me not a politician, and to people who he is a politician i still dont give a shit.
mgrover
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Mar 13 2012, 04:47 PM) *
just look at how some people are saying that Lionel Messi's the best footballer ever and somehow hasn't come close to winning a World Cup, yet Pele won at least one -possibly two- by the time that he had turned however old Messi is now).

woah this is the shittest example ive seen since pele gets his dues, people are placing messi ahead because he is playing stupidly good for a small man, like another man we know in a different sport. now your just saying what mayweather said with the same ignorance, every football era had there legends, just like before messi there was rondalinho, or zidane, or ronaldo(brazil) the reason people recognise messi as the best is due to the fact he is scoring so many goals, most likely because hes the main striker now. there are some that argue he has an advantage with all the technology in football boots, who knows but seriously bad example when pele got his dues, i mean the only real person to win the world cup almost single handedly was maradona.
Cshel86
QUOTE (mgrover @ Mar 13 2012, 08:29 PM) *
couldnt give a shit, hes a fighter to me not a politician, and to people who he is a politician i still dont give a shit.

laugh.gif
MaxPayne
QUOTE (mgrover @ Mar 13 2012, 08:38 PM) *
woah this is the shittest example ive seen since pele gets his dues, people are placing messi ahead because he is playing stupidly good for a small man, like another man we know in a different sport. now your just saying what mayweather said with the same ignorance, every football era had there legends, just like before messi there was rondalinho, or zidane, or ronaldo(brazil) the reason people recognise messi as the best is due to the fact he is scoring so many goals, most likely because hes the main striker now. there are some that argue he has an advantage with all the technology in football boots, who knows but seriously bad example when pele got his dues, i mean the only real person to win the world cup almost single handedly was maradona.

This is off-topic, but I had to chime in here:

Maradona, Pele, Beckenbauer, Muller and Zidane have all produced incredible results and carried their teams to victory in domestic, European and World levels.

Messi, brilliant as he is playing at Barcelona with an All-Star cast, isn't nearly as dominant playing for Argentina, even though he has world class talent there (Aguero, Higuain, Di Maria, Rodriguez, Mascherano).

Compare that to Zidane, who carried an over-matched France team to victory at the 1998 World Cup, a Euro victory and as an aging 34 year old, took a mediocre French team to within a missed penalty kick of winning another World Cup.

That will forever be the difference between Messi and the other players, because they've done it anywhere and everywhere. Pretty easy to beat the dog shit out of teams when you have once-in-a-generation type talents like Xavi and Iniesta playing beside you.
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (MaxPayne @ Mar 13 2012, 10:47 AM) *

It is called sarcasm. The point is no one is posting this, not ESPN, not Fox Sports News, not any of the major media outlets. Pacquiao is the people's champ therefore he gets the Bret Farve treatment. The sweep his shit under the rug. Pacquiao can have the body of a dead naked Cambodian boy hidden in the trunk of his car and someone finds it and someone how people still will not comment on it. Pacquiao's vices will always be less than Floyd's because he is the good guy in the sport he says all the right things. So yes he is having tax issues and he is harboring a fugitive but it doesn't matter because Floyd is a racist who is scared to fight Manny. As long as that dynamic is in Pacquiao's favor then he can have a picture of Adolf Hitler hanging in his gym and people will think nothing of it.

By the way, I called bullshit on Mayweather's "domestic" violence charges when I first heard of it. If Rhinna's picture of her face was being plastered all over the television screen and there was nothing nothing from Jossie Harris's alleged ass beating then yeah I call bullshit. Plus there is no way that a judge throws out a 23 year prison sentence for a 87 day plea with a stay on his start date. BS. 5'6" argued or tried to argue with me about how I was being a Floyd apologists. Plus he has custody of his kids which means to me, it was BS
mgrover
QUOTE (MaxPayne @ Mar 14 2012, 03:07 AM) *
This is off-topic, but I had to chime in here:

Maradona, Pele, Beckenbauer, Muller and Zidane have all produced incredible results and carried their teams to victory in domestic, European and World levels.

Messi, brilliant as he is playing at Barcelona with an All-Star cast, isn't nearly as dominant playing for Argentina, even though he has world class talent there (Aguero, Higuain, Di Maria, Rodriguez, Mascherano).

Compare that to Zidane, who carried an over-matched France team to victory at the 1998 World Cup, a Euro victory and as an aging 34 year old, took a mediocre French team to within a missed penalty kick of winning another World Cup.

That will forever be the difference between Messi and the other players, because they've done it anywhere and everywhere. Pretty easy to beat the dog shit out of teams when you have once-in-a-generation type talents like Xavi and Iniesta playing beside you.

very true, its hard to look bad when you've got support like that, but are you telling me pele never got recognition he deserves?
Cshel86
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Mar 13 2012, 11:14 PM) *
It is called sarcasm. The point is no one is posting this, not ESPN, not Fox Sports News, not any of the major media outlets. Pacquiao is the people's champ therefore he gets the Bret Farve treatment. The sweep his shit under the rug. Pacquiao can have the body of a dead naked Cambodian boy hidden in the trunk of his car and someone finds it and someone how people still will not comment on it. Pacquiao's vices will always be less than Floyd's because he is the good guy in the sport he says all the right things. So yes he is having tax issues and he is harboring a fugitive but it doesn't matter because Floyd is a racist who is scared to fight Manny. As long as that dynamic is in Pacquiao's favor then he can have a picture of Adolf Hitler hanging in his gym and people will think nothing of it.

By the way, I called bullshit on Mayweather's "domestic" violence charges when I first heard of it. If Rhinna's picture of her face was being plastered all over the television screen and there was nothing nothing from Jossie Harris's alleged ass beating then yeah I call bullshit. Plus there is no way that a judge throws out a 23 year prison sentence for a 87 day plea with a stay on his start date. BS. 5'6" argued or tried to argue with me about how I was being a Floyd apologists. Plus he has custody of his kids which means to me, it was BS

We're here to talk about Manny's tax issues and hiding fugitives. We didn't even get into a decent groove before you barged in here talking about Mayweather. Let's not beat the dead horse with this Mayweather jail time mess until June, please.

The first part of your post made sense, but you always fly off the handle with other stuff. Nobody asked about Rihanna (besides, you spelled her name wrong), Brett Favre (you spelled his name wrong), or Floyd's case, just yet. Oh yeah, it was a 34 year prison sentence, not 23. Sorry, you tried though...
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 14 2012, 08:45 AM) *
We're here to talk about Manny's tax issues and hiding fugitives. We didn't even get into a decent groove before you barged in here talking about Mayweather. Let's not beat the dead horse with this Mayweather jail time mess until June, please.

The first part of your post made sense, but you always fly off the handle with other stuff. Nobody asked about Rihanna (besides, you spelled her name wrong), Brett Favre (you spelled his name wrong), or Floyd's case, just yet. Oh yeah, it was a 34 year prison sentence, not 23. Sorry, you tried though...

You missed the entire point. And that post wasn't geared toward you. The person I was replying to mentioned his case but you missed that. I can careless how to spell Farve's or Rhianna's name. I don't follow either but i am glad you are fans of both. Stay in your lane stalker.

Cshel86
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Mar 14 2012, 10:19 AM) *
You missed the entire point. And that post wasn't geared toward you. The person I was replying to mentioned his case but you missed that. I can careless how to spell Farve's or Rhianna's name. I don't follow either but i am glad you are fans of both. Stay in your lane stalker.

You dont follow either of them, but you managed to bring them up as an example in your post. THEN, you spelled the girl's name wrong, again! I understood your logic the first paragraph of your post (as i gave you credit for because it made sense), then you sort of went off on a tangent.

Just stick to boxing and leave the TMZ stuff out of this please. You do better without it. We wouldn't want another one of those "Carlos Rogers" tangents again, wouldn't we? Oh, and it's "care less", not careless. English major much? laugh.gif
Cheesey1
QUOTE (mgrover @ Mar 13 2012, 08:38 PM) *

We both play football (I'm assuming) and obviously understand that it's a team sport, so judging an individual player fairly isn't as easy as judging a boxer. I've been watching and playing the sport for a while and have seen the "best players in the world" come and go (from the days of Platini, Ian Rush, George Weah etc.) and I find it hard to even contemplate how someone, who understands the sport, like many of the people that are proclaiming Messi as the best ever clearly do, can say with a straight face that he's the best ever i.e. better than Pele.

I'm sticking to my guns on this one and will leave it as an agree to disagree.
Cheesey1
Fredie Roach....what is wrong with you, my brother? You're really on a roll with the dumb shit. I guess it's as was said in a thread earlier, you're just playing to the mindless Pactards, because anyone with half a brian is shaking their head and feeling sorry for you (although you still have much, much, much more cash than I have).
mgrover
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Mar 14 2012, 03:34 PM) *
We both play football (I'm assuming) and obviously understand that it's a team sport, so judging an individual player fairly isn't as easy as judging a boxer. I've been watching and playing the sport for a while and have seen the "best players in the world" come and go (from the days of Platini, Ian Rush, George Weah etc.) and I find it hard to even contemplate how someone, who understands the sport, like many of the people that are proclaiming Messi as the best ever clearly do, can say with a straight face that he's the best ever i.e. better than Pele.

I'm sticking to my guns on this one and will leave it as an agree to disagree.

fair enough i can live with that. hes not the best ever, definitely best of the era.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (mgrover @ Mar 14 2012, 01:06 PM) *
fair enough i can live with that. hes not the best ever, definitely best of the era.

Nice one, mi bredda! (haha, I'm still not giving Messi best of the era).
Cshel86
Pay ya taxes Manny!!!
flazi
sorry to jump on the messi, pele, maradona topic but since i watch more futbol than anything else just want to put my 2c in there. Messi is a great great player. One of the greatest ever but not the greatest ever. For me that player still is Pele. He has accomplished so much that even maradona falls short. That being said, Messi dribbles and plays more like Pele than he does Maradona. If you look at video of Pele and see how the ball was never more than a few inches from his foot no matter how fast he was running, Messi is the same way. That kind of control is amazing.
mgrover
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Mar 14 2012, 05:50 PM) *
Nice one, mi bredda! (haha, I'm still not giving Messi best of the era).

who would you give it to
Hotsauce
QUOTE (mgrover @ Mar 14 2012, 07:06 PM) *
who would you give it to

probably that pretty boy dude
mgrover
QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Mar 15 2012, 05:36 AM) *
probably that pretty boy dude

if your on abot cristiano ronaldo i cant stand the guy lol
Slumpage
In regards to this whole football argument...

Just remember that when Pele was playing they had yet to introduce the offside rule... Just something to bear in mind when looking at his goals record. He could effectively goal hang, not saying he did, but still. It's an advantage not afforded to today' players... Then again I suppose you can argue that Messi has the advantage of super light footballs to kick etc... However if you understand the offside rule, it does make a huge difference imo...

BTW, although a douche, Cristiano is ridiculous. When he was at Man Utd, he straight took the piss out of our league yo..

Now what's this about Manny hiding dudes in his house.. He getting more and more like Floyd by the day. Floyd has tax issues, and he's harbouring a fugitive Gamboa in his gym, lol!
Hotsauce
QUOTE (mgrover @ Mar 15 2012, 06:30 AM) *
if your on abot cristiano ronaldo i cant stand the guy lol

lol thats him
mgrover
QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Mar 15 2012, 01:22 PM) *
lol thats him

dayummm am hoping he breaks his legs soon.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.