Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Eloy Perez Tests Positive for Cocaine (Post Broner fight)
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Cshel86
http://www.boxingscene.com/eloy-perez-test...ner-loss--50621

According to boxingscene, sources have made it clear that Perez tested positive for cocaine after the Broner fight. So much for being a role model for the kids, huh?

Thoughts?
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 14 2012, 09:54 PM) *
According to boxingscene, sources have made it clear that Perez tested positive for cocaine after the Broner fight. So much for being a role model for the kids, huh?

Thoughts?

Yep, Columbian kids
p4pcrown
Well what can you say? Cocaine is a hell of a drug! Lol
leonthegee
Some people cant handle the pressure and look to drugs as an outlet. Fighters always talking about giving back well now you get to give back part of your salary. Congrats
BoxingFan86
QUOTE (leonthegee @ Mar 15 2012, 09:09 AM) *
Some people cant handle the pressure and look to drugs as an outlet. Fighters always talking about giving back well now you get to give back part of your salary. Congrats

This pretty much sums it up, but I wish Perez the best. Accordin' to Elie Seckbach, Eloy was also cut loose from his contract. Hopefully, he'll bounce back.
Cshel86
QUOTE (BoxingFan86 @ Mar 15 2012, 02:25 PM) *
Eloy was also cut loose from his contract.

Maybe Gamboa should've sniffed some coke too...seems to be the easiest way out of a contract these days...laugh.gif
flazi
damn so a guy makes a mistake and everyone shits on him and dumps him. wow. Just when he needed some love after a tough loss and positive drug test he gets kicked on while down. How about they hear his whole story on why and get him help then decide from there if they should dump him or not.
bnoles4life
QUOTE (flazi @ Mar 15 2012, 04:19 PM) *
damn so a guy makes a mistake and everyone shits on him and dumps him. wow. Just when he needed some love after a tough loss and positive drug test he gets kicked on while down. How about they hear his whole story on why and get him help then decide from there if they should dump him or not.

Maybe his promotor DID hear his side of it and then decided to let him go.
BigFightFan
I thought being coked up would give you that killer instinct in the ring.
Cshel86
QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Mar 15 2012, 08:25 PM) *
I thought being coked up would give you that killer instinct in the ring.

He should've considered PCP...maybe he would've been able to take those punches better.
BoxingFan86
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 15 2012, 03:33 PM) *
Maybe Gamboa should've sniffed some coke too...seems to be the easiest way out of a contract these days...laugh.gif

That's cold laugh.gif.
Cheesey1
Can't stand coke heads. That shit is lame.

For me,the fact that he was only busted after the match is further proof that random blood and urine testing is required. Even if as Roach says, it isn't true OST testing, it's still much, much better than the testing that he's comfortable with.
daprofessor
i never saw eloy fight before this one with broner...but from the little that i did see, he seems like a likable guy with a decent style. the game plan was all wrong. hopefully he can bounce back. as for the coke thing....who knows? i won't cast any stones...but hopefully he gets his act straight and leaves that shit alone. he's not getting anywhere dealing with that bullshit.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Mar 16 2012, 03:21 PM) *
Can't stand coke heads. That shit is lame.

No Cheesey, it's progressive...get with it.

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Mar 16 2012, 07:12 PM) *
as for the coke thing....who knows? i won't cast any stones...but hopefully he gets his act straight and leaves that shit alone. he's not getting anywhere dealing with that bullshit.

I hope he gets himself together as well. From what I saw on HBO, this is what I got from him...

(---> is "which leads to")

Eloy Perez:

Super caring guy--->people-pleaser--->added pressure to excel--->additional negative self-criticism when he doesn't succeed at things--->coke use or dependence

Or hell, maybe he just went out on the town and had a blast before the fight...who knows?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.