Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tim Coleman vs Kendall Holt tonight on ESPN FNF
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
leonthegee
Im very intrested in this fight for a couple reasons. I want to see how Coleman bounces back from his loss to Vernon Paris. Also, Holt who was once a really live up and coming prospect is a cunt hair away from becoming a journeyman. Holt needs this win like I need a BJ from Mosleys gf. Holt thinks this move up to 140 will help him. Lets lace em up boys.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (leonthegee @ Mar 16 2012, 01:36 PM) *
Im very intrested in this fight for a couple reasons. I want to see how Coleman bounces back from his loss to Vernon Paris. Also, Holt who was once a really live up and coming prospect is a cunt hair away from becoming a journeyman. Holt needs this win like I need a BJ from Mosleys gf. Holt thinks this move up to 140 will help him. Lets lace em up boys.

Yup. Interesting match.
daprofessor
i'll go with holt in this one. that ass whoopin coleman took is not an easy one to come back from physically or mentally.
BoxingFan86
I feel like this... If Coleman comes out like he has somethin' to prove, but loses focus of his gameplan in the process, Holt will use that against him. Like ol' boy said earlier, this will be an interestin' match.
Gambit808
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Mar 16 2012, 06:13 PM) *
i'll go with holt in this one. that ass whoopin coleman took is not an easy one to come back from physically or mentally.

Agreed
Jack 1000
I made an on-line thread, but the site showed offline status at the time, so I will add spoilers to the topic.

Jack

Administrator
Cheesey1
WTF!!! Tim Coleman, you completely played yourself.
Cheesey1
Roy Jones could've commentated and worked Holt's corner at the same time, that's how shitty Coleman looked.
BigFightFan
Wtf happened to Coleman? He just quit and that's sad for a professional boxer
mrchitown
That was...interesting. Definitely didn't expect that but it is what it is
Cheesey1
QUOTE (BoxingFan86 @ Mar 16 2012, 08:18 PM) *
I feel like this... If Coleman comes out like he has somethin' to prove, but loses focus of his gameplan in the process, Holt will use that against him. Like ol' boy said earlier, this will be an interestin' match.

Well at least Holt looked interesting.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Mar 16 2012, 07:13 PM) *

You called it.
Cheesey1
What is interesting is this film "Push" on Showtime. I'm waiting for ShoBox.
BoxingFan86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Mar 16 2012, 10:14 PM) *
Well at least Holt looked interesting.

The fight played out exactly how I said it would. Coleman came out (over-aggressive) like he had somethin' to prove, lost focus, tasted a body shot, and the rest is history. Holt used that against him like I said he would.
BigFightFan
Maybe that's the end of Tim's career, seems as if he has lost the passion to compete.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (BoxingFan86 @ Mar 16 2012, 10:17 PM) *
The fight played out exactly how I said it would. Coleman came out (over-aggressive) like he had somethin' to prove, lost focus, tasted a body shot, and the rest is history. Holt used that against him like I said he would.

Good stuff.
Cheesey1
The Dewey Bozella story was great. I missed the first part 'cause I was watching the Knicks. No D'Antoni and they're playing D? Not to be harsh, but no surprise there...
p4pcrown
That wasn't a fight...Coleman mentally wasn't there mentally.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (p4pcrown @ Mar 16 2012, 11:52 PM) *

Yup. As Atlas said, he didn't even get hit that seriously at the end.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (p4pcrown @ Mar 16 2012, 11:52 PM) *

Yup. As Atlas said, he didn't even get hit that seriously at the end.
leonthegee
I cant believe Coleman showed up without a trainer to work his corner. And Holt getting RJJ to work his. I thought that was the story more than anythang that went on during the fight.
BigFightFan
QUOTE (leonthegee @ Mar 17 2012, 06:56 AM) *
I cant believe Coleman showed up without a trainer to work his corner. And Holt getting RJJ to work his. I thought that was the story more than anythang that went on during the fight.

Why pay a trainer when you are looking for 1 last boxing check
leonthegee
QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Mar 17 2012, 06:25 AM) *
Why pay a trainer when you are looking for 1 last boxing check

Because the guy is 27 and he can fight. He has no discipline at all and I understand why no decent trainer wants nothing to do with him. If I was Coleman I would drop down to 135 because the guys at 140 are too big for him. But if he really wants to retire I wish him well. Even being a journey man fighter is a half way decent living. Better than punching a clock at Wal-Mart for the rest of your life.
BigFightFan
QUOTE (leonthegee @ Mar 17 2012, 10:20 AM) *
Because the guy is 27 and he can fight. He has no discipline at all and I understand why no decent trainer wants nothing to do with him. If I was Coleman I would drop down to 135 because the guys at 140 are too big for him. But if he really wants to retire I wish him well. Even being a journey man fighter is a half way decent living. Better than punching a clock at Wal-Mart for the rest of your life.

Judging by the performance he doesn't want to fight anymore and he is Working on a degree in sports medicine I think. I'm very interested in what he has to say about his career, hopefully hype will interview him soon.
Cshel86
When I heard the commentators say that Coleman trained himself for that fight...my interest in the fight hit a huge deficit. Coleman's career aint lookin' so good, so his team should keep him away from drugs, alcohol, prescription drugs, blunt objects, shoe strings, etc...anything that will assist him in a possible suicide in the near future. laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.