I really started watching boxing again back in late '99..after the HW division started to somewhat slow down. Of course I was still young, so I didn't have much control over which fights to order, and whether or not we kept HBO or not.
Of course with the HW division, I remember Mike Tyson (who didn't?), Holyfield, hearing about Lennox Lewis, McNealey (pops ordered the Tyson fight:lol:), and a few others. When I really started catching HBO fights, I remember a few fighters in particular...
1. A few Dominick "Southern Disaster" Guinn (beating the hell out of this big ass African dude in particular)
2. Shane Mosley (relays of both Winky Wright fights, and replays of both Forrest fights), we actually ordered the De La Hoya rematch
3. A few RJJ fights (I remember him beating somebody with one hand), and I remember the replay of the first Tarver fight, then the "state of emergency" announcement scrolling on ESPN about him getting KO'd in the rematch).
4. For the love of God...I've NEVER forgot the first time I saw JMM/Pacquiao 1 or HBO that night! That shit uuuugly! I remember Marquez getting dropped 3 times, and
I thought he was gonna die. All I can remember was, "damn, that dude in the red never gets tired", while also thinking, "that dude in the white hung in there".
5. For some reason, I remember the first Judah/Spinks fight. Wanna know how I remember? I remember Zab's ass got dropped, then got up and acted like nothing happened.
6. I also remember Jermain Taylor's earlier bouts on HBO.
From 2006 (I remember Gatti/Baldomir and FMJ/Judah) to 2007, I followed boxing as much as I could (nasty school & work schedule), but I kept my eyes peeled after Mayweather/De La Hoya up until now.
I believe Gatti/Baldomir did it for me, along with Mayweather/De La Hoya. I say Gatti/Baldomir because of the action, and Mayweather/De La Hoya because of the hype going around about it. That fight started the summer off for me, and I was actually at a point in life where I could catch fights live and keep up with everything that was going on.