Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Brandon Rios vs Juan Manuel Marquez @ 135 Who U Pickin?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
BoxingEinstein

Come on people I want to see some interesting knowledgeable opinions.
Cheesey1
Marquez, relative to Rios is probably much older, but if it were to happen, then I'd pick the boxer with guts over the brawler with guts any day of the week. If Rios keeps up the pressure, then yeah he might prevail, but Marquez looks like he has enough left in the tank. Slip the attack and bam.

Cshel86
I like Rios, but I definitely picked Marquez. In my opinion, this one will somewhat play out like one of the Juan Diaz fights, difference is, Rios has more pop than Diaz. I believe Marquez knew he could Diaz' punch, so he took more than he should have.

Rios has the strength and stamina to make it to the later rounds, but i have yet to see anybody put in more work than Marquez will, if this one were to happen at 35 or 40. Those combinations may be too much for Rios down the stretch, not due the power per say, but the accuracy behind them.

No doubt in my mind that Rios will try his hardest to bully Marquez, but the old man happens to be fighting a bit more intelligently nowadays, and that precision of his may be the last thing to go.

I expect Rios to try and fight a smart fight in the beginning (which isn't his style), but later revert back to what he does best (brawl), just to shit his pants in disbelief. The experience factor will play a huge part in this one, believe that...
mgrover
marquez would simply pick the guy apart.
wolterb
I don't see Rios winning any other way than by knockout. Otherwise, I'd predict Marquez has a grueling, testing fight that ends with a decision win. This would be a nice fight to end a career on if Marquez came out victorious.
daprofessor
rios is made to order for jmm. marquez decapitates him by the mid to late rounds. rios' 15 minutes are up.
mrwigi
QUOTE (mgrover @ Mar 19 2012, 05:27 PM) *

+1

Marquez is an excellent boxer, and bam bam does not have the skill set or experience to beat JMM
Cshel86
Anybody think that Rios approach this fight differently (if it happens to take place in the future)?
pesticid
I think Rios meets a similar fate as Juan Diaz in the first fight but Kats gave JMM some trouble so anything can happen, but I think Rios doesn't cut the ring as well as Diaz and he's not as fast but he does have more pop.
checkleft
QUOTE (mgrover @ Mar 19 2012, 05:27 PM) *

+1.. nothing to see here guys.

Dias marquez? Katsidids marquez? He's Taylor made for him cmon.
sduck
Rios should stay away from Marquez if he wants to protect that 0.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 20 2012, 10:11 AM) *
Anybody think that Rios approach this fight differently (if it happens to take place in the future)?

rios is a one trick pony like his stable mate margarito. he can try any approach he wants...but it'll be the same result....pressure with wide hooks and very little defense.
Cshel86
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Mar 20 2012, 08:29 PM) *
rios is a one trick pony like his stable mate margarito. he can try any approach he wants...but it'll be the same result....pressure with wide hooks and very little defense.

Cant argue with that, I was just hoping to hear someone else's perspective. I thought he would come into the Murray fight with a more laid back fighting style, until the later rounds, since his weight was shitty.

He ended up fighting his usual style though. Im thinking that a Marquez fight will be his biggest (at the moment), so hopefully he'd smarten up a bit and show some "intelligent" initiative in regards to a different game plan.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.