Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Trials And Tribulations of Making a Chavez-Martinez Fight
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Cheesey1
JCC Jr., actions speak louder than words. Maravilla isn't hard to find. Make the bloody match, my son!

Don't blame the BobFather. Are you a warrior, or a stooge for the BobFather? Also with Murray's visa troubles, there's no reason not to make it happen for July/August (maybe Sept.), or around there.
pesticid
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Mar 20 2012, 11:27 AM) *
JCC Jr., actions speak louder than words. Maravilla isn't hard to find. Make the bloody match, my son!

Don't blame the BobFather. Are you a warrior, or a stooge for the BobFather? Also with Murray's visa troubles, there's no reason not to make it happen for July/August (maybe Sept.), or around there.

Well according to the idiot Ariza it shouldn't be hard for Chavez to beat him so let's hope this fight gets done
BoxingFan86
Y'all beat me to it.
Cshel86
Chavez feels like Martinez isn't that great?! Oh no, could the kettle be calling the pot black again?
sduck
You know how these Top Rank boys work. "I want the fight... BUT... It's up to my Promoter."
Cheesey1
Agreed, agreed and agreed.

If it happened (highly unlikely as Chavez is clearly a puppet, but he can prove otherwise by demanding this one) then I'd like to hear Sergio's detractors' predictions of how they think that it'll turn out. Then we'll all get to see who was wrong and who was right.
daprofessor
i may be one of the few that believes jr isn't an easy fight for martinez. both are probably each others biggest pay day at this point. i get it...toprank isn't confident in their kid or they're waiting for martinez to diminish a little more. if and when the fight happens...it's going the distance and....it won't be a one-sided affair.
Cshel86
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Mar 20 2012, 08:22 PM) *
i may be one of the few that believes jr isn't an easy fight for martinez.

Got damn I thought I was the only one who saw it this way. I said it a while back, but Im not sure how much of an impact Sergio's punches will have on a guy who will more than likely come in at about 180 lbs.

Sergio's pretty accurate, so that may be his biggest asset, along with his constant movement. I've seen Chavez take punches from big MW punchers, and has hardly budged. Then again, Im trying to see how many guys came into a fight against Julio with a lot of confidence, other than Duddy.

Interesting fight, but it wont be a "Sergio Decapitation" that most are predicting. What if Chavez lucks up with a big shot, and ends up beating Martinez? Then what?
mgrover
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 21 2012, 12:39 AM) *
Got damn I thought I was the only one who saw it this way. I said it a while back, but Im not sure how much of an impact Sergio's punches will have on a guy who will more than likely come in at about 180 lbs.

Sergio's pretty accurate, so that may be his biggest asset, along with his constant movement. I've seen Chavez take punches from big MW punchers, and has hardly budged. Then again, Im trying to see how many guys came into a fight against Julio with a lot of confidence, other than Duddy.

Interesting fight, but it wont be a "Sergio Decapitation" that most are predicting. What if Chavez lucks up with a big shot, and ends up beating Martinez? Then what?

we all jump on the jr train and never speak of the middleweight division again
Cshel86
QUOTE (mgrover @ Mar 20 2012, 10:49 PM) *

laugh.gif

Not sure I'll be jumping on that Jr. train, but it would be quite embarrassing if he were to beat Sergio though.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (mgrover @ Mar 20 2012, 10:49 PM) *

Ha!
Cheesey1
So JCC Jr. hath spoken. Perfect timing on the interview FightHype.
Nicely done by JCC Jr. on saying that he won't be forced to sign one of the BobFather's perpetual contracts, but I still don't like this nonsense that he's planning on two more fights before he fights Sergio Martinez. What, is the plan to fight Martinez when he's in his 40's?!?
Cshel86
From what I just read, Sergio is demanding OSDT for a Chavez Jr. bout that he hopes will happen on Sept. 15th. I can honestly say that this sounds like something that Martinez would request (as he should), but it sounds tooooo much like something that DiBella would request...as he should. laugh.gif

I mean seriously, Chavez has been in the mix with banned substances before, and the recent neglect of the WBC and TX Commission to test him after the Rubio fight, would make ANYONE want to request extensive testing.

The shittiest part of this is, Chavez rejected the offer. rolleyes_anim.gif Why am I not surprised?

http://www.boxingscene.com/sergio-martinez...jects-it--50869
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 21 2012, 09:34 AM) *
From what I just read, Sergio is demanding OSDT for a Chavez Jr. bout that he hopes will happen on Sept. 15th. I can honestly say that this sounds like something that Martinez would request (as he should), but it sounds tooooo much like something that DiBella would request...as he should. laugh.gif

I mean seriously, Chavez has been in the mix with banned substances before, and the recent neglect of the WBC and TX Commission to test him after the Rubio fight, would make ANYONE want to request extensive testing.

The shittiest part of this is, Chavez rejected the offer. rolleyes_anim.gif Why am I not surprised?

Nice. I like to keep it simple, if you aren't doping then take the bloody test and don't act like like your feelings got hurt because you're being asked to take the test (both of you will take the test JCC, Jr., just in case you missed that bit).

Good for Sergio and DiBella.
Damn JCC Jr., just when I was starting to think that you weren't the coke head, boozey, ducker your actions seem to indicate, you go and bring me back down to earth again. Not cool, not cool...
BoxingFan86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Mar 21 2012, 09:20 AM) *
So JCC Jr. hath spoken. Perfect timing on the interview FightHype.
Nicely done by JCC Jr. on saying that he won't be forced to sign one of the BobFather's perpetual contracts, but I still don't like this nonsense that he's planning on two more fights before he fights Sergio Martinez. What, is the plan to fight Martinez when he's in his 40's?!?
I know, right?

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 21 2012, 09:34 AM) *

Disgustin'.
MaxPayne
I'm sort of at the point where I just believe that any fighter who hems and haws at blood and urine testing of any sort has something to hide.

Why do people even treat it as if it's a part of the negotiations ? It's really an external matter. Both fighters have to go through with it, so why the fuck do people even think that it's something that you're giving up ?

Are people that fucking stupid that they can't see through the bullshit ? First we have Pacquiao's bitch ass crying about needles and now we have a dumbass who is KNOWN to use diuretics saying he doesn't want any part of random testing.

All of this just because Chavez has a famous last name and is marketable. It's some bullshit at the end of the day.

Also, I'll bet you Brandon Rios does the same bullshit, his his "re-hydrate 25 pounds" ass.
checkleft
Sounds like someone doesn't want to sign am extension too.. I always wondered why the chavez family didn't have their own promotion company
Hotsauce
WTF?

how you scared of a drug test?
Cshel86
QUOTE (MaxPayne @ Mar 21 2012, 03:26 PM) *
I'm sort of at the point where I just believe that any fighter who hems and haws at blood and urine testing of any sort has something to hide.

Why do people even treat it as if it's a part of the negotiations ? It's really an external matter. Both fighters have to go through with it, so why the fuck do people even think that it's something that you're giving up ?

Are people that fucking stupid that they can't see through the bullshit ? First we have Pacquiao's bitch ass crying about needles and now we have a dumbass who is KNOWN to use diuretics saying he doesn't want any part of random testing.

All of this just because Chavez has a famous last name and is marketable. It's some bullshit at the end of the day.

Also, I'll bet you Brandon Rios does the same bullshit, his his "re-hydrate 25 pounds" ass.

Exactly! Its just a few extra tests, so Im trying to see what the big fuckin' deal is. These dudes either shit their pants or raise their eyebrows when asked for random testing. As you mentioned, its sickening how these guys act like its part of the negotiations.
bnoles4life
If Sergio is requesting OSDT, he's likely requesting NOT to fight Jr.
Jack 1000
I think I said this in another thread but it it is worth repeating:

I think Martinez-Chavez Jr. will NOT be a mismatch at all if the fight happens. In fact, Sergio may have to dominate to get a decision. I think he stops Jr. late. I think Chavez should dump Bob Arum so we can see this fight!

And here if you have not seen it is the press release from the WBC on a Chavez-Martinez fight: (From Fight News:)

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/wbc-statem...martinez-110808

And here is Ben's interview with Chavez with regards to his next fight:

http://www.fighthype.com/pages/content12027.html

I put the blame on Bob Arum and Top Rank for their "in-house" promotions in not getting a Chavez-Martinez fight done.

Jack

Cheesey1
I don't think that it'll be a mismatch either, but Sergio is the deserved favourite. As was mentioned earlier, Sergio isn't a one trick pony and will fight in a more orthodox manner i.e. his hands won't be down all of the time. If he wasn't a serious threat, TR would've made the match already. Chavez and TR are running scared. Sad.
Cshel86
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Mar 21 2012, 11:43 PM) *
If Sergio is requesting OSDT, he's likely requesting NOT to fight Jr.

Whether he chooses to believe that or not, that's EXACTLY what he's doing...subconsciously laugh.gif

If we want to see this fight, then Chavez will have to dump the Bobfather, which will cost him money if he chooses to do it immediately. If not, then we'll have to wait 'til next summer (when his contract is up), and hopefully Sergio wont be a victim of grandfather time.
bnoles4life
I think Chavez's biggest advantages going into a Martinez fight will be:

1. Sergio will be eligible for AARP and senior discounts at Denny's.

2. Chavez will be damn near 185 on fight night, begging the question: Is this the "before" in a "before and after" photo?
Cshel86
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Mar 22 2012, 09:53 AM) *

Damn Noles! Not Denny's! You could've at least thrown Shoney's in there. laugh.gif... nea.gif Wait a minute...are they still around?
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 22 2012, 10:00 AM) *
Damn Noles! Not Denny's! You could've at least thrown Shoney's in there. laugh.gif... nea.gif Wait a minute...are they still around?

Money, I was gonna ask you the same thing. LOL!!!!! I remember we use to go there after games during HS. That, I believe, was the last of my buffet days.
Cshel86
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Mar 22 2012, 10:16 AM) *
Money, I was gonna ask you the same thing. LOL!!!!! I remember we use to go there after games during HS. That, I believe, was the last of my buffet days.

laugh.gif

Tell me about it! The fact that you said "I believe", further ensures me that those weren't the last of your buffet days! laugh.gif

Dammit man...Sergio's getting older by the day. Hopefully he can pull a Hopkins, but not many can do that nowadays.

I was listening on the show last night, and they were discussing how Sergio is willing to come down to 154 for a Mayweather fight, but when asked about a Kirkland fight, he said that Kirkland would have to come up to 160 to fight him. WTF?! C'mon Sergio no2.gif

bnoles4life
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 22 2012, 10:50 AM) *
laugh.gif

Tell me about it! The fact that you said "I believe", further ensures me that those weren't the last of your buffet days! laugh.gif

Dammit man...Sergio's getting older by the day. Hopefully he can pull a Hopkins, but not many can do that nowadays.

I was listening on the show last night, and they were discussing how Sergio is willing to come down to 154 for a Mayweather fight, but when asked about a Kirkland fight, he said that Kirkland would have to come up to 160 to fight him. WTF?! C'mon Sergio no2.gif

That's messed up, Shel. LOL. Man, I don't do buffets.....haven't for YEARS. I mean, have you seen some of the people who frequent buffets? What's especially nauseating, is the thought of Chinese food buffets...bleeeeh!!! nono.gif

Yeah....I think Serg knows he's at the end of the line and he's looking for either one HUGE payday or two big ones. He's 37 and definitely, not trying to see 40 in the ring....btw, fighting 1 x a year isn't helping, either.

As far as Kirkland, that's a tricky situation for him...there isn't much $$$ in the Kirkland fight and while he'll gain the respect of boxing fans for taking on a tough cookie, but should he look spectacular, he'll all but shut the door on any chance w/ Floyd or Pac....especially, if he makes Kirk come up to 160.
Cheesey1

2. Chavez will be damn near 185 on fight night, begging the question: Is this the "before" in a "before and after" photo?

Ha! The "wait until he's too old" strategy. TR, you rule!!
BoxingFan86
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 22 2012, 09:48 AM) *
Whether he chooses to believe that or not, that's EXACTLY what he's doing...subconsciously laugh.gif

If we want to see this fight, then Chavez will have to dump the Bobfather, which will cost him money if he chooses to do it immediately. If not, then we'll have to wait 'til next summer (when his contract is up), and hopefully Sergio wont be a victim of grandfather time.

laugh.gif
Franchize
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 22 2012, 10:00 AM) *

Hell yea Shoney's still exist. The further down south you go the better they are. Just like Waffle House. The ones I went to when I loved in VA sucked balls but the ones I went to in ATL were gr8!
Cshel86
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Mar 22 2012, 11:14 AM) *
As far as Kirkland, that's a tricky situation for him...there isn't much $$$ in the Kirkland fight and while he'll gain the respect of boxing fans for taking on a tough cookie, but should he look spectacular, he'll all but shut the door on any chance w/ Floyd or Pac....especially, if he makes Kirk come up to 160.

Im wondering when did he even get the say-so in ANY negotiations laugh.gif That's where Im stuck at. He can barely land a meaningful fight himself. It seems as if he cant decide whether or not he's a Jr. Middleweight or a Middleweight...oh excuse me, he only considers himself a 154lber when he talks about a Mayweather fight, and everybody else can kiss it and move up to 160. laugh.gif

QUOTE (Franchize @ Mar 22 2012, 02:02 PM) *
Hell yea Shoney's still exist. The further down south you go the better they are. Just like Waffle House. The ones I went to when I loved in VA sucked balls but the ones I went to in ATL were gr8!

Okay, so we got another Shoney's confirmation...duly noted. laugh.gif Now that I think about it, I actually ate at one back in 2008, and that was further south of where I am now (borderline country)
Jack 1000
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 22 2012, 08:48 AM) *

+1!

Jack
Jack 1000
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 22 2012, 09:00 AM) *

LOL!!! I'm hungry now!!!!!

I agree though, Chavez has to dump Arum for this fight to happen.

Jack
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Mar 22 2012, 06:12 PM) *

Jack

Ha Ha....Jack, don't do it! Don't search for a Shoney's.
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Franchize @ Mar 22 2012, 02:02 PM) *

Man, I'm about to reminisce on those french toast sticks they used to have (or still do)......and the BEST BACON IN THE WORLD!!!!
Cshel86
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Mar 22 2012, 06:12 PM) *

Jack

laugh.gif

Chavez sounds like he doesn't care who he fights next, so this is surely all Arum when it comes to him staying away from Sergio. It also sounds like Chavez wants some type of control over his career...rather than having someone's hands up his ass the whole time.

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Mar 22 2012, 11:05 PM) *
Ha Ha....Jack, don't do it! Don't search for a Shoney's.

Unfortunately Noles...it's too late man. You got us all started with the Denny's talk. laugh.gif

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Mar 22 2012, 11:06 PM) *
and the BEST BACON IN THE WORLD!!!!

Man that bacon would make any sane man come to blows in that line...especially if he took the last piece. Remember that weird feeling you had when you took the last of anything at the buffet??? Was it just me? You would take the last of something, and dare look anybody in the eye that was in line behind you. laugh.gif
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 22 2012, 11:13 PM) *
Man that bacon would make any sane man come to blows in that line...especially if he took the last piece. Remember that weird feeling you had when you took the last of anything at the buffet??? Was it just me? You would take the last of something, and dare look anybody in the eye that was in line behind you. laugh.gif

taunt.gif

Hell yes!!!! I promise you, that's like the LAST buffet (salad bars notwithstanding) I've eaten.......man, that bacon...Muslim cats eat there and say, "Allah, obviously hasn't tasted this."
Cshel86
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Mar 22 2012, 11:18 PM) *
taunt.gif

Hell yes!!!! I promise you, that's like the LAST buffet (salad bars notwithstanding) I've eaten.......man, that bacon...Muslim cats eat there and say, "Allah, obviously hasn't tasted this."

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Man that bacon is tempting for ANYBODY! A couple of my homeboys are Muslim, and it's funny as hell. They say that pork is "bad for the body", but these dude smoke a shitload of weed and go to Waffle House and look at the pork on the menu. Dude...flip that shit over man. laugh.gif
Franchize
You gotta get Golden Corral breakfast or brunch. Made to order omelets. These steak sammiches (yea I said sammiches) that are just amazing. And their french toast will make you jizz in your draws. N don't even get me started on those biscuits. O sweet Mary and Joseph those motherfuckin honey biscuits! Everytime I eat them I hear Jeffrey Osbourne singing "can you woo woo wooooooo" in my head!
Cshel86
laugh.gif
BoxingFan86
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Mar 22 2012, 11:18 PM) *
taunt.gif

laugh.gif
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Franchize @ Mar 23 2012, 11:47 AM) *
You gotta get Golden Corral breakfast or brunch. Made to order omelets. These steak sammiches (yea I said sammiches) that are just amazing. And their french toast will make you jizz in your draws. N don't even get me started on those biscuits. O sweet Mary and Joseph those motherfuckin honey biscuits! Everytime I eat them I hear Jeffrey Osbourne singing "can you woo woo wooooooo" in my head!

laugh.gif I'm amazed that I can even type...as you got me chok'n w/ laughter!!!!!!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.