Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FNF: Robert Garcia vs Antwone Smith
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Cshel86
FNF Begins...

Bernado Osuna serially pronounces EVERYTHING! laugh.gif
Cshel86
Both of these guys (James De La Rosa and Tyrone Brunson) have been out of the ring for over 2 years, with maybe a fight or two during that time away. laugh.gif
Cshel86
I gave the first to De La Rosa (DLR)...he was more active, landed most of his shots, and had Brunson on the defense the whole time. Brunson had a moment in the corner, but other than that, he gave the round away by running and leading with his head.
Cshel86
Man that was an ugly counter left hook by Brunson...had DLR dazed like a mofo!
Cshel86
I gave the 2nd to Brunson for the knockdonw, which of course made it a 10 - 8 round...but they could've scored it a 9 - 9 because DLR tried to patch it up throughout the remainder of the round. DLR is swinging too damn wild for my liking...
Cshel86
I gave the 3rd to DLR...he looked like he had Brunson hurt, or Brunson had no choice but to cover up with unanswered punches.
Cshel86
Sigh...gave the 4th to DLR again...Brunson starts throwing punches, then he just takes a break...a LONG break...like the rest of the round. no2.gif
Cshel86
Again...he gave away the 5th. He caught DLR with a big left hook, and took his foot off of the gas.
Cshel86
Got damn Brunson...you always work in the first minute of the round...after that, he does nothing but cover up. 6th goes to DLR.
Cshel86
This shit is unbelievable...c'mon Brunson, throw something! 7th goes to DLR...he's more confident, and commits to his damn punches...
Cshel86
What the fuck is this spin move shit that DLR is doing to Brunson during the clinches? He simply spins him around and starts throwing some questionable punches, which the ref never questions no2.gif DLR won that last round though...
Cheesey1
Okay, just got situated. I saw bits of the opening bout, not enough to have an opinion.

I thought that you guys were going to open a separate FNF thread?

Interesting observation by Atlas re. Martinez' movement. Got to agree with the Tedmeister.
Cshel86
I will open one and move these posts for the previous fight...
Cshel86
Leave all comments here folks...
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 23 2012, 09:53 PM) *
I will open one and move these posts for the previous fight...

That's cool, or leaving this one is fine too.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 23 2012, 09:18 PM) *
FNF Begins...

Bernado Osuna serially pronounces EVERYTHING! laugh.gif

Yup.
Cshel86
This grunting by Smith is blowing my buzz over here. That shit just woke my dog up, now he's looking around the room like he's crazy... rolleyes_anim.gif
Cheesey1
Garcia looked like he was in charge in the first round. He seems stronger than Smith. Nothing thrown that did any damage.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Mar 23 2012, 10:07 PM) *
Nothing thrown that did any damage.

Shiiiiit...that last right hand by Garcia before the bell shut this sea lion up. Motherf*cker wasn't grunting then....his ass was quiet as a church mouse.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 23 2012, 10:08 PM) *
Shiiiiit...that last right hand by Garcia before the bell shut this sea lion up. Motherf*cker wasn't grunting then....his ass was quiet as a church mouse.

Missed it. The Sea Lion had a better second round, but it was close.
Cshel86
*CShel mutes the tv*...
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 23 2012, 10:13 PM) *
*CShel mutes the tv*...

Ha! The question though is...is he more irritating than Larry Merchant?
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Mar 23 2012, 10:14 PM) *
Ha! The question though is...is he more irritating than Larry Merchant

Yes! That grunting is killing me!
Cheesey1
Garcia is there to be hit, but he's catching Smith.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Mar 23 2012, 10:16 PM) *
Garcia is there to be hit, but he's catching Smith.

+1

Smith is either leaving his left rib cage open, or Garcia is hitting him when he isn't supposed to...
Cheesey1
Yup, the small ring was definitely a move by Garcia's people to make their limited guy look good. Garcia gets K.O'd in 5 by Devon Alexander.

Smith needs to stop the grunting, or at least start catching Garcvia, because he's there to be punched.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Mar 23 2012, 10:20 PM) *
Yup, the small ring was definitely a move by Garcia's people to make their limited guy look good. Garcia gets K.O'd in 5 by Devon Alexander.

Smith needs to stop the grunting, or at least start catching Garcvia, because he's there to be punched.

Smith is rolling most of these punches, but to the average viewer (judges included), he's getting hit. And yes, this ring is a play pen...
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 23 2012, 10:21 PM) *
Smith is rolling most of these punches, but to the average viewer (judges included), he's getting hit. And yes, this ring is a play pen...

Garcia is catching him, but yes Smith isn't getting hurt as much as it might seem because he's rolling a lot of them. Garcia could still catch him though.
Cheesey1
Nice body shot by Smith.
Cheesey1
Teddy Atlas is the man!
Cshel86
Smith seems to be getting wore down....
Cheesey1
Smith needs to move more. Just slip a few of Garcia's sloppy attacks and bam, on the side of the head, or the kidney.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 23 2012, 10:28 PM) *
Smith seems to be getting wore down....

Yup. It's because he isn't moving when Garcia throws those bombs.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Mar 23 2012, 10:30 PM) *
Smith needs to move more. Just slip a few of Garcia's sloppy attacks and bam, on the side of the head, or the kidney.

He moves enough...until his back decides to socialize with the ropes laugh.gif
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 23 2012, 10:31 PM) *
He moves enough...until his back decides to socialize with the ropes laugh.gif

The play pen ring in effect!
Cshel86
Garcia looks like the Mexican version of Jan Zaveck laugh.gif
Cheesey1
That small ring was b.s. Garcia didn't impress me. He did enough to win, but Smith could've done a lot better.
Cheesey1
Yo, you see the news re. your boy, Morales?
Cshel86
Morales didn't make weight??? New thread time...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.