Another Cuban boxer to watch?
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Mar 23 2012, 11:06 PM) *
Another Cuban boxer to watch?

thumbsup_anim.gif
Cheesey1
That's right, he said it, "BOB ARUM's Top Rank Inc."
Cshel86
They played the hell outta "Eye of the Tiger" before the introductions, so I cranked it up over here! Risin' up!
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 23 2012, 11:10 PM) *
They played the hell outta "Eye of the Tiger" before the introductions, so I cranked it up over here! Risin' up!

Ha!

Ugas seems to be getting his bearings. I guess that they can give Garcia (no relation to FNF's Garcia) the first round.
Cshel86
That first round could've gone either way...they both looked pretty sharp. I like Garcia's jab to the body, but he leaves his head out there too long for my liking.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 23 2012, 11:15 PM) *
That first round could've gone either way...they both looked pretty sharp. I like Garcia's jab to the body, but he leaves his head out there too long for my liking.

If Ugas starts throwing the jab, he'll set up some nice combos.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Mar 23 2012, 11:18 PM) *
If Ugas starts throwing the jab, he'll set up some nice combos.

Looks like he's waiting to catch him with something coming in...I peeped that left hook of his when Garcia came in, but he slightly missed the target.
Cheesey1
They could fit two of the FNF Garica/Smith ring into this ring.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 23 2012, 11:19 PM) *
Looks like he's waiting to catch him with something coming in...I peeped that left hook of his when Garcia came in, but he slightly missed the target.

Yup. Now they're trading more.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Mar 23 2012, 11:21 PM) *
They could fit two of the FNF Garica/Smith ring into this ring.

laugh.gif

Exactly! Ugas needs to step on the gas a bit. Looks like he did at the end of that round, but damn dude, c'mon.
Cshel86
Nevermind...that right hand by Ugas is finding it's home. He's also using his jab more...big trouble for Garcia...
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 23 2012, 11:25 PM) *
Nevermind...that right hand by Ugas is finding it's home. He's also using his jab more...big trouble for Garcia...

Yup.
Cshel86
Fuuuuuck!!!! That knockdown was ugly!
Cheesey1
Ugas doesn't do his jab enough justice.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 23 2012, 11:31 PM) *
Fuuuuuck!!!! That knockdown was ugly!

Yup. Ugas needs to increase his punch output.
Cshel86
Either Garcia hasn't fully recovered from the knockdown, or he's extremely desperate to make a final impression. If Garcia keeps trying that uppercut...he better be ready for it to go sour, because a counter punch is peaking around the corner with his name on it.
Cheesey1
What? Garcia's surprising me.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 23 2012, 11:37 PM) *
Either Garcia hasn't fully recovered from the knockdown, or he's extremely desperate to make a final impression. If Garcia keeps trying that uppercut...he better be ready for it to go sour, because a counter punch is peaking around the corner with his name on it.

Garcia had some success, but he's obviously far behind.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Mar 23 2012, 11:38 PM) *
What? Garcia's surprising me.

I agree that he's showing grit...I just hope he doesn't slip up with that uppercut, or those "dives of desperation" that he's doing to the body with the wide punch to follow.
Cshel86
This will either be a 1-point win for Ugas, or a draw (based on Garcia's persistence). I must admit, Garcia cant be denied. I thought he was done after the knockdown, and Ugas didn't do much after before or after the knockdown.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 23 2012, 11:43 PM) *
This will either be a 1-point win for Ugas, or a draw (based on Garcia's persistence). I must admit, Garcia cant be denied. I thought he was done after the knockdown, and Ugas didn't do much after before or after the knockdown.

I hope not, because I had Ugas up by at least three rounds not including the knockdown.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 23 2012, 11:43 PM) *

Damn!!! You were right, well almost. I thought that Ugas won that one going away. Total bullshit!!
Cshel86
They gave it Garcia by 1 point. I didn't see it going Garcia's way in favor of a win, but a "save face" draw, would've helped both. Ugas can blame himself for not doing much, and taking breaks after he did land something big. Garcia was just busier. and I believe that helped him...
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 23 2012, 11:48 PM) *
They gave it Garcia by 1 point. I didn't see it going Garcia's way in favor of a win, but a "save face" draw, would've helped both. Ugas can blame himself for not doing much, and taking breaks after he did land something big. Garcia was just busier. and I believe that helped him...

Agree, Ugas should look at how he let that one slip away.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Mar 23 2012, 11:52 PM) *
Agree, Ugas should look at how he let that one slip away.

...gonna be a hard pill to swallow...
Cheesey1
First round. Magdaleno.

Never cool when there's a last minute replacement, but maybe Beltran will surprise, but doesn't look like it.
Cshel86
Lately, these last minute opponents have been shaking shit up....
Cshel86
Haaa!!!! Magdaleno's down and looking surprised like shit! laugh.gif
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 24 2012, 12:03 AM) *
Lately, these last minute opponents have been shaking shit up....

Damn, I guess so.

Magdaleno came back nicely though.
Cshel86
That may end up being a 10 - 9 round, due to Mag's comeback. What I hate is when the guy with the most skill (magdaleno) comes in the fight pussy-footing, then after they get dropped/hurt/embarrassed, THEN they decide to fight with this urgency and determination.

GTFOH! C'mon man...your ass was comfortable, 'til you got rocked! Stop depriving us from a show, and get your man outta there early.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 24 2012, 12:14 AM) *
That may end up being a 10 - 9 round, due to Mag's comeback. What I hate is when the guy with the most skill (magdaleno) comes in the fight pussy-footing, then after they get dropped/hurt/embarrassed, THEN they decide to fight with this urgency and determination.

GTFOH! C'mon man...your ass was comfortable, 'til you got rocked! Stop depriving us from a show, and get your man outta there early.

Yup.
Cheesey1
I think that Magdaleno's attack to the body at the end of the round hurt Beltran, but the rest helped Beltran.
Cheesey1
Beat down!
Cshel86
Magdalena's a bitch! Hands down....
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 24 2012, 12:23 AM) *
Magdalena's a bitch! Hands down....

Ha! That's harsh.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Mar 24 2012, 12:24 AM) *
Ha! That's harsh.

He almost blew it, THEN decided to step on the gas. Dude seriously, dont BS us like that...if you can beat the dude easily, then do it, but dont wait until he drops you, THEN try to be star of the evening.
bnoles4life
So, I finally get around to watching this and two things immediately stick out to me:

1. During the introductions and throughout the fight, there is someone yelling BLOODY MURDER!!!! Help that man/woman or put 'em outta his/her misery. Show some humanity...LOL

2. I've seen all types of robes, cut off shirts or what have you, that fighters wear, but I've never..I REPEAT: NEVER seen a fighter wear a Polo-style shirt into the ring. WTF is this J Crew?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.