Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Morales Vomits Sulaiman's Gift...
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Cshel86
While watching FNF, I saw that Morales lost his 4th world title on the scales. He came in at 142 lbs, and appeared to not have the desire to lose those 2 pounds. Excuse me, he didn't give a shit about losing those 2 lbs, because no attempt was made to shed them.

Now he has to give up $50k of his purse...but what's $50k when your purse is $1M??? Garcia still has a chance to win the title though. It's funny as hell how Erik is saying that he has no problem fighting JMM on 7/14, but hello motherfucker...Garcia is your opponent tomorrow night.

With his attention focused on a JMM fight...it's further evidence that he isn't taking the Garcia fight seriously. So, we may see something wild tomorrow night. I know Sulaiman's pissed off right now....
BoxingFan86
I was gon' make a thread 'bout this, but I decided not to, 'cause I assumed Ben would have the front page updated with this info by now.
Cshel86
QUOTE (BoxingFan86 @ Mar 24 2012, 12:14 AM) *
I was gon' make a thread 'bout this, but I decided not to, 'cause I assumed Ben would have the front page updated with this info by now.

When in doubt....create a thread! laugh.gif I hesitated because I thought one of you guys were going to do it, but no response, so I hooked it up real quick.
BoxingFan86
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 23 2012, 11:57 PM) *
While watching FNF, I saw that Morales lost his 4th world title on the scales. He came in at 142 lbs, and appeared to not have the desire to lose those 2 pounds. Excuse me, he didn't give a shit about losing those 2 lbs, because no attempt was made to shed them.

Now he has to give up $50k of his purse...but what's $50k when your purse is $1M???
Garcia still has a chance to win the title though. It's funny as hell how Erik is saying that he has no problem fighting JMM on 7/14, but hello motherfucker...Garcia is your opponent tomorrow night.

With his attention focused on a JMM fight...it's further evidence that he isn't taking the Garcia fight seriously. So, we may see something wild tomorrow night. I know Sulaiman's pissed off right now....

Dan Rafael seemed disgusted/aggravated 'bout that.
BoxingFan86
QUOTE (BoxingFan86 @ Mar 24 2012, 12:14 AM) *

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 24 2012, 12:29 AM) *
When in doubt....create a thread! laugh.gif I hesitated because I thought one of you guys were going to do it, but no response, so I hooked it up real quick.

Ahhh, just in time... http://fighthype.com/pages/content12044.html
Cshel86
QUOTE (BoxingFan86 @ Mar 24 2012, 12:35 AM) *
Dan Rafael seemed disgusted/aggravated 'bout that.

Can you blame him? Fighters not making weight is one of my biggest pet pe....oh wait, I'll save that for the other thread. As I've alos read, Castillo did n't make weight for the J. Cotto bout, so they called it off.

Seriously, that shit is annoying. It cause way too much confusion at the last minute.
mgrover
anybody think morales can go to welterweight?
checkleft
QUOTE (mgrover @ Mar 24 2012, 11:57 AM) *

If he wants to get kod
neophyte7
Yes.. that will be the quickest route to his retirement... If he is looking to retire he should make that move to welter... he will be beaten into retirement at welterweight for sure if he fights anyone of the top dawgs
BoxingFan86
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 24 2012, 11:06 AM) *
Can you blame him? Fighters not making weight is one of my biggest pet pe....oh wait, I'll save that for the other thread. As I've alos read, Castillo did n't make weight for the J. Cotto bout, so they called it off.

Seriously, that shit is annoying. It cause way too much confusion at the last minute.
Nah, not at all. As a matter-of-fact, I feel the same way he does. As I listened to the passion in his voice, I was sittin' there thinkin' to myself, "I see I'm not the only one disgusted by this."

QUOTE (mgrover @ Mar 24 2012, 11:57 AM) *

QUOTE (checkleft @ Mar 24 2012, 12:18 PM) *
If he wants to get kod

QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Mar 24 2012, 12:19 PM) *
Yes.. that will be the quickest route to his retirement... If he is looking to retire he should make that move to welter... he will be beaten into retirement at welterweight for sure if he fights anyone of the top dawgs

There's your answer, Grover.
Cshel86
QUOTE (checkleft @ Mar 24 2012, 12:18 PM) *
If he wants to get kod

laugh.gif

Good answer!

QUOTE (BoxingFan86 @ Mar 24 2012, 01:24 PM) *
Nah, not at all. As a matter-of-fact, I feel the same way he does. As I listened to the passion in his voice, I was sittin' there thinkin' to myself, "I see I'm not the only one disgusted by this."

Dan always sounds disgusted laugh.gif I was upset when I heard that he didn't make weight, but shiiiit, that $1M payday kinda took the edge off.
Cshel86
Here's Erik's reason for not trying to shed the weight...pretty good explanation (if you ask me)...

http://www.boxingscene.com/erik-morales-ex...d-weight--50989
BoxingFan86
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 24 2012, 04:55 PM) *
Here's Erik's reason for not trying to shed the weight...pretty good explanation (if you ask me)...

http://www.boxingscene.com/erik-morales-ex...d-weight--50989

After readin' this article, I'm inclined to give Erik the benefit-of-the-doubt, 'cause his explanation sounds plausible.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.