Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NBC Sports (Formerly Verses)@10PM(ET)/7PM(PT)-Paris vs. Judah-SPOILERS 15 Mins. Later
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Jack 1000
For all on-going action and post-fight reaction to the Judah-Paris fight tonight. Keep everything in this thread.

Jack

Administrator
Cheesey1
So Pernell Whitaker isn't in Zab's camp anymore?
karmine20
i was sayin the same thing.. i wonder why?
Cshel86
Im still trying to figure out which Copperfield trick Im going to pull, so I wont miss either of these fights. The DVR is set, but these damn round-by-round threads have me torn!
Cheesey1
QUOTE (karmine20 @ Mar 24 2012, 09:56 PM) *
i was sayin the same thing.. i wonder why?

Maybe someone's head had to roll for that last stinker against Khan..?
karmine20
i wonder if its just me but i hate listening to freddie roach commentate
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 24 2012, 10:00 PM) *
Im still trying to figure out which Copperfield trick Im going to pull, so I wont miss either of these fights. The DVR is set, but these damn round-by-round threads have me torn!

Maybe Kirkland/Molina will help out by being a K.O.
Franchize
Curious t see how this goes. Im not as moved by stories as some ppl are but damn...Paris' story is crazy. Makes me wanna slap the shit out of Ortiz lol Im still trying to figure out where the hell in Brooklyn that stadium is.

I also find it funny and ironic that Flores is doing the fight wth Roach. On ESPN, Flores brilliantly and vividly broke down his reasons for why he thinks Manny may be a roider and gave details on why the 2 week cut off was such a big deal at 1st. He gave a tie table for how long it takes for HGH and other like steroids to vacate the body.
Cheesey1
Caught the end of the first round of the HW and Jennings looked decent.
karmine20
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Mar 24 2012, 10:16 PM) *
Caught the end of the first round of the HW and Jennings looked decent.

jennings is killin this white wolf character.. lol
Cheesey1
QUOTE (karmine20 @ Mar 24 2012, 10:32 PM) *

Yeah, I caught a bit more and he definitely touched him with some nice ones to the head and the body. As the commentator said, Jennings needs some more footwork, but not bad.
bnoles4life
QUOTE (karmine20 @ Mar 24 2012, 10:32 PM) *

He was chopping wood on Sergei. LOL
bnoles4life
While ya bullshittin'...NBC Sports Network has a pretty damn good card on tonight.
Cheesey1
If Adamek keeps catching Aguilera to the face, then this should be a good night for Tomasz.

Aguilera's no push over...
Franchize
Jennings mad love to Sergei's face lol

Adamek is looking sharp. Nice jab. Got this fat fucker looking like a Rockem Sockem Robot *bzzzzzzz*
mrchitown
Aguilera is having a good round
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Franchize @ Mar 24 2012, 11:10 PM) *
Jennings mad love to Sergei's face lol

Adamek is looking sharp. Nice jab. Got this fat fucker looking like a Rockem Sockem Robot *bzzzzzzz*

The jab is definitely crisp.

Aguilera avoided a couple of them and if he has that kind of movement, then he should use it.

Damn, he didn't avoid those!!!
Cheesey1
Is Aguilera out of it? He just stood there and got teed off on.
Franchize
I dont know what fight these guys were watching. Theyre greaty exaggerating Aguilera's success. I have it a shut out. Aguilera is a poor man's Arreola. Fat, powerful but takes way too much to dish it out
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Franchize @ Mar 24 2012, 11:21 PM) *
I dont know what fight these guys were watching. Theyre greaty exaggerating Aguilera's success. I have it a shut out. Aguilera is a poor man's Arreola. Fat, powerful but takes way too much to dish it out

I'm impressed that Aguilera's still in there, but yeah I agree. Adamek's accuracy is no joke, but as you said Aguilera's there to be hit.
Cheesey1
Adamek is moving decently.
mrchitown
Good solid win for Adamek, but I don't think it was a shutout as 2 of the judges had it
mrchitown
I like the chain Paris is wearing lol. He looks focused
BoxingFan86
Paris better cut that macho shit out, or it's gon' be a short night, literally.
mrchitown
Great round by Zab! He landed some good shots, but Vernon weathered the storm. Zab better be careful in there because Vernon clearly came to fight
Cshel86
Paris is sucker for Zab's left...the straight left, that is.
MaxPayne
What channel are they showing this on ? Is NBC Sports some kind of special channel ?
JammyJam
Zab is on a way higher level... havent said that in awhile lol... straight left is landing with ease
mrchitown
QUOTE (MaxPayne @ Mar 24 2012, 11:17 PM) *
What channel are they showing this on ? Is NBC Sports some kind of special channel ?

NBC sports network
JammyJam

It used to be called Versus, its mixed in with the random sports channels
BoxingFan86
Fuckin' commercials thumbsdown_anim.gif. Paris' defensive shell is odd-lookin'. At times, it has hints of the Philly shell, but most of the time, it's like an injured crab's shell.
mrchitown
QUOTE (JammyJam @ Mar 24 2012, 11:18 PM) *
Zab is on a way higher level... havent said that in awhile lol... straight left is landing with ease

I'd have to agree with you at this point. But Vernon is eating them punches, Zab needs to just stick to his game plan and not do any wild stuff and he can win it
BoxingFan86
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 25 2012, 12:20 AM) *
I'd have to agree with you at this point. But Vernon is eating them punches, Zab needs to just stick to his game plan and not do any wild stuff and he can win it

Correct.
Cshel86
QUOTE (MaxPayne @ Mar 25 2012, 12:17 AM) *

Better use that menu and search button Max laugh.gif...
Franchize
Didnt expect to say this tonight but this may be the best I've seen Zab Judah. He has the offense of when he was with Yoel and the D of when he was with Pernell.

BTW, has the Paris kid ever fought a southpaw before? WTF is he doing. Not only does he not know which way to turn, he gets completely turned around everytime Judah steps to the side. Furthermore, Paris looks overwhelmed by the moment. I went t HS in BK so I know this arena cant be but so big, but I guess being on national TV may be an issue.
JammyJam
QUOTE (BoxingFan86 @ Mar 25 2012, 12:19 AM) *
Fuckin' commercials thumbsdown_anim.gif. Paris' defensive shell is odd-lookin'. At times, it has hints of the Philly shell, but most of the time, it's like an injured crab's shell.

hahaha
BoxingFan86
QUOTE (Franchize @ Mar 25 2012, 12:22 AM) *
Didnt expect to say this tonight but this may be the best I've seen Zab Judah. He has the offense of when he was with Yoel and the D of when he was with Pernell.

BTW, has the Paris kid ever fought a southpaw before? WTF is he doing. Not only does he not know which way to turn, he gets completely turned around everytime Judah steps to the side. Furthermore, Paris looks overwhelmed by the moment. I went t HS in BK so I know this arena cant be but so big, but I guess being on national TV may be an issue.

I couldn't have said this shit better myself. Paris is too busy tryin' to be "macho." SMH!
BoxingFan86
The quicker Paris realizes he has to go to Zab's body, the quicker the fight will become more competitive.
mrchitown
Paris can shake his head all he wants, that right uppercut was lethal
Cshel86
QUOTE (Franchize @ Mar 25 2012, 12:22 AM) *

+1

Judah always looks good in these eliminator bouts...but when the bug stage comes, he finds a way to dick it up. Paris looks like he's NEVER fought a southpaw. Im not sure why folks give him credit for the Coleman fight, when Coleman was a flauge ass fighter anyway.
JammyJam
Freddie Roach is having all types of Math issues tonight
MaxPayne
Found it ! Damn Judah is making these kid look stupid than a muthafucka...
bnoles4life
I'm following Danny on Twitter and he he's given a round to Paris. I asked him, which round was that? What about you guys....has Paris won a round by your estimations?
Cshel86
Looks like Vernon has on black quarter length church socks...
bnoles4life
QUOTE (JammyJam @ Mar 25 2012, 12:28 AM) *
Freddie Roach is having all types of Math issues tonight

While I shouldn't be, but I'm laughing inside, as I noticed that, too.
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 25 2012, 12:29 AM) *
Looks like Vernon has on black quarter length church socks...

(singing) "Nearer my God to thee"
BoxingFan86
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Mar 25 2012, 12:29 AM) *
I'm following Danny on Twitter and he he's given a round to Paris. I asked him, which round was that? What about you guys....has Paris won a round by your estimations?

Nope!
Cshel86
laugh.gif
Cheesey1
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Mar 25 2012, 12:29 AM) *

I missed the first three, but from what I've seen, no he hasn't.
bnoles4life
Round 7 is usually 'bout the time the "bad" Judah shows his face....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.