Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HBO@10PM(ET)/7PM(PT) Morales vs. Garcia-SPOILERS 15 Mins. Later
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Jack 1000
For all on-going and post-fight reaction to the Morales-Garcia fight on HBO tonight. Keep everything in this thread.

Jack

Administrator
Cshel86

Morales: 142

Garcia: 139.5

As we all know, Morales refused to shed those last 2 lbs (with good reason), but I hope he strongly considers a haircut for the bout this evening. I mean, he's $1M tonight...well more like $950k...so what's $15-20 for a fresh cut? :dntknow:

*photos courtesy of boxingscene
Cshel86

Kirkland: 153.75

Molina: 153.75

BoxingFan86
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 24 2012, 05:04 PM) *

Morales: 142

Ricky Funez wasn't lyin' when he said, "I saw him (Morales) in Cancun. He looked kinda chunky."

(Questions about that bout begins near the 1:00 mark)
Jack 1000
I saw the weigh in pics. Erik looks awful.

Jack
BoxingFan86
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Mar 24 2012, 05:43 PM) *

Jack

Yup, but Garcia is lookin' ripped. The fight should be entertainin'. As far as the Kirkland fight goes, I'm still not sure if I wanna bet on it yet. Kirkland is too much of a gamble to put money on. I guess I got that scared money tonight laugh.gif.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Mar 24 2012, 05:43 PM) *

Saying that he looks "terrible" is just being nice about it. I cant even find a word to describe. He has the rib cage size of a 300 lb man...I've never known him to look as bad as he's been looking.

QUOTE (BoxingFan86 @ Mar 24 2012, 05:57 PM) *
I guess I got that scared money tonight laugh.gif.

laugh.gif

We all know that "scared money dont make no money". Snap out of it box!
Cshel86
Gotta love Max Kellerman!
Cheesey1
I'm picking Molina, but Kirkland could easily prove me wrong.
Cshel86
I dont fuckin' know who to pick...
Cheesey1
Kirkland - wtf, you can't give a piss sample?
Cshel86
Kirkland looks a bit stiff....I saw that when he threw the uppercut. I like Molina's execution of the game plan...whatever that may be...\\

Gave the first to Molina, due to activity and he landed some good shots, while working the body as well.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Mar 24 2012, 10:11 PM) *
Kirkland - wtf, you can't give a piss sample?

I know...WTF is that all about? Was he still a bit drained? Maybe? Who knows...
Cshel86
Gave the 2nd to Molina as well. He looks to be slowing down, or maybe he's taking a break. I like to see James box, he needs fights like this. As long as he doens't end up in no man's land, he will be good.
mrchitown
Kirkland isnt moving is head at all, he's letting Molina get his punches off while his punches are getting smothered. He can't win the way he's fighting
Cshel86
3rd to Molina...

30 - 27
Cshel86
Molina is laying out a blueprint on how to beat Kirkland...even if he loses by way of KO at the hands of James...the shit is laid out there for the public.
HaydelHammer
james in trouble.
Cshel86
4th goes to Molina...

40 - 36

I wonder if the ref is going to say anything about all of this holding...He also landed some big shots on Kirkland, and made him clinch. I hope Kirkland gets his shit together, but again, even if he wins by KO/TKO...the prognosis is out there as to how to beat James.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 24 2012, 10:27 PM) *
4th goes to Molina...

40 - 36

I wonder if the ref is going to say anything about all of this holding...He also landed some big shots on Kirkland, and made him clinch. I hope Kirkland gets his shit together, but again, even if he wins by KO/TKO...the prognosis is out there as to how to beat James.

Yup. I don't want to say that Kirkland's a limited guy, but I think that he's very beatable. It isn't over yet, but...
Cshel86
Sigh...Molina gets the 5th.

50 - 45
Franchize
I actually had 4 and 5 for Kirkland. I could seeit either way tho. One thing is for sure, the Compubox numbers are WAAAAAAAYYYY off. No wa Molina landed 68 punches in round 5.

BTW, the ref is terrible. Im all for letting guys fight but clamping a guys arm while you punch isn't within the rules of boxing
Cshel86
60 - 54 Molina

I saw that Kirkland's activity picked up. He just needs to mindfuck Molina into leaning back in like he was in the 2nd round.
Cshel86
They gave the 5th to Kirkland, but again, EEEEVEN if he wins this by KO/TKO, he is still fucked in the future. Let a guy busier than Carlos, with more pop in his punches, stand across the ring from him...its gonna be a wrap.
JammyJam
Kirkland is letting me down thumbsdown_anim.gif
Franchize
Cshel, this is why I say I hate the hometown trainers. Wolf has no answer for Molina's counterpunching or stance. She keeps telling him to jab. Kirklad is't going to have a chace by trying to be a boxer. He has to go balls to the wall.

BTW, Kirkland is clearly drained. His body is dry. His punchesare slow and his stance is unusually passive. He's so str8 up and down. Kirkland usually has his legs bent and his head low.
pimpfighterROQ
Bend yo' fucking legs...
Cshel86
QUOTE (Franchize @ Mar 24 2012, 10:39 PM) *
Cshel, this is why I say I hate the hometown trainers. Wolf has no answer for Molina's counterpunching or stane. She keeps telling him to jab. Kirklad is't going to have a chace by trying to be a boxer. He has to go balls to the wall.

BTW, Kirkland is clearly drained. His body is dry. His punchesare slow and his stance is unusually passive. He's so str8 up and down. Kirkland usually has his legs bent and his head low.

Exactly! As a fuckin' trainer, NO trainer should tell their fighter that their opponent is "awkward". Duh! James knows that! And he is drained...no wonder he couldn't give a urine sample before the fight.
pimpfighterROQ
WTF is up with this ref???
pimpfighterROQ
First Wolfe said to box, now he wants Kirkland to fight lol.

"LOL she just said you da fuckin gorilla!"
JammyJam
did lampley just say "go ghetto on him" ? LOL
Franchize
Kirkland looks lost.

Molina looks like he's sparring.

The ref looks like this is his 1st fight.

Anne Wolf looks like an amateur trainer.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Franchize @ Mar 24 2012, 10:32 PM) *
I actually had 4 and 5 for Kirkland. I could seeit either way tho. One thing is for sure, the Compubox numbers are WAAAAAAAYYYY off. No wa Molina landed 68 punches in round 5.

BTW, the ref is terrible. Im all for letting guys fight but clamping a guys arm while you punch isn't within the rules of boxing

Good point re. the arm holding.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Franchize @ Mar 24 2012, 10:43 PM) *
Kirkland looks lost.

Molina looks like he's sparring.

The ref looks like this is his 1st fight.

Anne Wolf looks like an amateur trainer.

+2
Cshel86
ALL of this FUCKIN' clinching by Molina!!! WTF???
Franchize
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 24 2012, 10:41 PM) *
Exactly! As a fuckin' trainer, NO trainer should tell their fighter that their opponent is "awkward". Duh! James knows that! And he is drained...no wonder he couldn't give a urine sample before the fight.

Its cray because I was just about to pst hat and erased it lol how yu gonna say "he's awkward" thats like saying I dont know man.

BTW....This ref should be penalized and docked pay. How you gonna tell a fighter SHHHH for complaining about being helled? Molina got hurt and held n for dear life. Kirkland had one shining moment and the holding ruined it.

N how the fuck do you stop the count mid way?
mrchitown
The ref is a fucking idiot
pimpfighterROQ
WHAT THE FUCK!?!?!?!?

Cheesey1
Ehrm...what is going on?
Cshel86
Damn Molina was hurt...
Franchize
Are you kidding me? Really? Why do they continue to have fights in Texas?

I'm glad Anne Wolf said "you were winning" to Molina. Much respect to her!
JammyJam
WOW!!!! Texas at its best, gotta love it
Cshel86
MUTHAFUCKIN' TEXAS no2.gif no2.gif no2.gif

This makes my ass hurt...
Cheesey1
Haha. Apparently Texas' incompetence strikes again. The winner won't even give a piss sample. Ha!
pimpfighterROQ
OMG what the fuck was that shiiiit???
BoxingFan86
Speechless!
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 24 2012, 10:51 PM) *
Damn Molina was hurt...

Yup.
MaxPayne
The fix was in. Fuck Texas. Fuck Golden Boy. Loathsome sons of bitches are almost as motherfucking horrible as Top Rank.
Cshel86
It's clear that both guys dont like how the fight ended. Gayle Van Hoye...86 - 85 in favor of Kirkland??? Bitch please! I see a rematch coming...
Cshel86
QUOTE (BoxingFan86 @ Mar 24 2012, 10:56 PM) *
Speechless!

Speechless??? c'mon Box...Im sure you've got some "WTFs" in the back of your mind! laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.