Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Preview of Cotto/Mayweather Face-Off
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Cshel86

What do you think?
thisneverworks
I can't watch or listen to anything that involves Max Kellerman without the idea of him being an enormous douchebag running through my head and blocking all other thought.

What a smug asshole.
BoxingFan86
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 28 2012, 10:08 PM) *

What do you think?

This got me anticipatin' the premiere of 24/7. Floyd has a fair amount of respect for Cotto, so there's not much shit he can talk about Cotto. I wonder who his shit-talkin' is gon' be about/to this time.

QUOTE (thisneverworks @ Mar 28 2012, 10:34 PM) *
I can't watch or listen to anything that involves Max Kellerman without the idea of him being an enormous douchebag running through my head and blocking all other thought.

What a smug asshole.

Really? Max is becomin' 1 of my favorite commentators, but I must admit, there's been times where I wanted to slap the dog shit out of him.
mrchitown
Floyd was licking his chops,he can't wait til May 5th. Cotto looked and sounded confident. I'm f*ckin hyped for this fight. It can't come quick enough
Hotsauce
damn these days are going by fast
leonthegee
They shot this after the LA presser if you go by what both fighters are wearing.
Cshel86
QUOTE (leonthegee @ Mar 29 2012, 09:40 AM) *
They shot this after the LA presser if you go by what both fighters are wearing.

They always shoot these sessions during the pressers...good call though. I used to ask myself the same question (as to when they filmed it), but I had to pay attention to the attire.

Other than that, Im impressed with Cotto's English nowadays. It's getting better and better!
Allmenjoi8
I am just glad they were not grinning. Cotto actually further sold me on this fight by looking confident and not lost unlike Ortiz who seemed lost. Floyd even paid attention to what he was saying instead of looking at Max's Prada shoes. There is a definitely mutual respect which is nice to see. 24/7 will probably focus on how each fighter hates Arum and the speculation of steroid use from a certain fighter. I guess this will be my 1st PPV of this year... rolleyes_anim.gif
BoxingFan86
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 29 2012, 10:16 AM) *
They always shoot these sessions during the pressers...good call though. I used to ask myself the same question (as to when they filmed it), but I had to pay attention to the attire.

Other than that, Im impressed with Cotto's English nowadays. It's getting better and better!

I see I'm not the only person that noticed that thumbsup_anim.gif.

QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Mar 29 2012, 10:52 AM) *
I am just glad they were not grinning. Cotto actually further sold me on this fight by looking confident and not lost unlike Ortiz who seemed lost. Floyd even paid attention to what he was saying instead of looking at Max's Prada shoes. There is a definitely mutual respect which is nice to see. 24/7 will probably focus on how each fighter hates Arum and the speculation of steroid use from a certain fighter. I guess this will be my 1st PPV of this year... rolleyes_anim.gif

I never even thought of that, but you may be onto somethin'. As far as the Prada comment goes, laugh.gif. I thought that shit was funny as fuck when it happened.
Cshel86
QUOTE (BoxingFan86 @ Mar 29 2012, 12:32 PM) *
I see I'm not the only person that noticed that thumbsup_anim.gif.

Yep...motherfucker looked serious as hell too...not his usual "my dog just died" look on his face. He actually looks comfortable and excited...but I guess $30M has that effect on anybody. laugh.gif
wolterb
Anyone catch the moment when the fighters grouped together for a photograph, mayweather put his arms around Cotto and Cano (maybe it was mosley) and smiled real big, but before the photographers snapped the picture it seemed like he realized he shouldnt be smiling and changed to a straight face? lol

I thought that was interesting considering all of the hate these days thrown at fighters who don't express themselves as the stoic, fierce man during pressers
thisneverworks
QUOTE (BoxingFan86 @ Mar 28 2012, 09:38 PM) *
Really? Max is becomin' 1 of my favorite commentators, but I must admit, there's been times where I wanted to slap the dog shit out of him.

I'm sure there are others that like him but I can tell you that the crew I watch the fights with unanimously hate the guy. I wish he would decide to pursue his movie career again and go away. He tries way too hard and I do not think he even knows wtf he is talking about. Memorizing history is one thing but actually knowing the sport is totally different.

His wannabe Larry Merchant/Jim Gray interviews are awful as well.
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (thisneverworks @ Mar 29 2012, 03:57 PM) *
I'm sure there are others that like him but I can tell you that the crew I watch the fights with unanimously hate the guy. I wish he would decide to pursue his movie career again and go away. He tries way too hard and I do not think he even knows wtf he is talking about. Memorizing history is one thing but actually knowing the sport is totally different.

This guy wanted to be an actor!!!! That made my last 15 mins of work! Michael Imperioli (or however you spell his name) is still alive so that is a no go for Max! Max is just a wannabe he can't help it.
daprofessor
QUOTE (thisneverworks @ Mar 29 2012, 04:57 PM) *

yeah...i'm growing tired of him too. hbo is just really sucking these days when it comes to commentary. showtime has it right.
Cshel86
QUOTE (wolterb @ Mar 29 2012, 03:37 PM) *
Anyone catch the moment when the fighters grouped together for a photograph, mayweather put his arms around Cotto and Cano (maybe it was mosley) and smiled real big, but before the photographers snapped the picture it seemed like he realized he shouldnt be smiling and changed to a straight face? lol

laugh.gif

I have to go back and watch that part...totally missed it.
Cshel86
I actually like Max Kellerman nowadays...now about 2 years ago, I couldn't have said that.
pimpfighterROQ
I liked Max Kellerman since the Pac/Marquez fight where he talked the real shit instead of the fanboy pompom waving comments of Stewart/Lampley.
Cshel86
QUOTE (pimpfighterROQ @ Mar 29 2012, 08:59 PM) *
I liked Max Kellerman since the Pac/Marquez fight where he talked the real shit instead of the fanboy pompom waving comments of Stewart/Lampley.

+1

I think he grew on me when he and Lampley called the Morales/Maidana fight. There were only two commentators that night, so the nuthugging was under control. It's almost like Lampley had to depend on Max to help see what was going on during the fight. Had Steward been there, Lampley would've had a partner in crime.
Slumpage
I like Max... He seems to hone in on the main question most people have in a post fight interview. He's also mostly on point with his comments etc. Only time he truly pissed me off is when he bitched out of the in ring confrontation between Shane and Floyd after Floyd's win over Marquez. He should've let Floyd say what he wanted to say and see how it played out. However That's just one incident. He's not infallable, but i def prefer Max to Merchant... He does love SweetPea a lil too much tho, lmao!
BoxingFan86
QUOTE (Slumpage @ Mar 30 2012, 08:04 AM) *
I like Max... He seems to hone in on the main question most people have in a post fight interview. He's also mostly on point with his comments etc. Only time he truly pissed me off is when he bitched out of the in ring confrontation between Shane and Floyd after Floyd's win over Marquez. He should've let Floyd say what he wanted to say and see how it played out. However That's just one incident. He's not infallable, but i def prefer Max to Merchant... He does love SweetPea a lil too much tho, lmao!

This is all that needs to be said about Max. Enough said, case closed.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.