Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Marquez Believes That Morales' Gallbadder Surgery Affected Him...
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Cshel86
http://www.boxingscene.com/marquez-erik-mo...lbladder--51176

Marquez believes that Morales' gallbladder surgery may have affected his performance in the Garcia bout. Check out the article and Juan's view of Erik's surgery & training camp, and tell me what you think.

I believe that he's saving face (for Erik), so he and Morales can fight this summer, with little ridicule about Erik's last outing...which already seems to be working for me! laugh.gif

Thoughts?
checkleft
I don't see what was so bad about his performance, I thought he fought very well.. I would definitely watch him fight marquez, then if marquez wins he could fight Garcia.
Slumpage
Whatever it takes for JMM to face Morales, i'm am likely to be in favour of. Gall bladder surgery excuses included... ok.gif
Cshel86
Yeah I believe he's doing Erik a favor with statements like this. What pissed me off the most about Morales/Garcia, was the fact that the fuckin' HBO commentators, once again, overstepped their boundaries.

They already overstep their boundaries by trying be promoters, but they killed me because they REALLY tried retire Morales last weekend. I mean damn, WTF? They were doing the same shit when he fought Maidana...though we all thought Erik was shot when the contract was signed.

They saying shit like, "He's an old 34", "Too many ring wars", blah, blah, blah....and once Morales started to show some resolve, guess what you hear? "The old warrior is teaching the young cub", blah, blah, blah. "He may not have won the fight, but he won the event".

Again, them trying to retire this guy was a bit unprofessional, as if they were saying, "Erik looks a mess, and we dont want to cover anymore of his damn fights". The "new champion" still managed to look like shit against a fighter who's supposed to be retired.

JMM will do his best to promote this fight, because it's still a moneymaker. I'm wondering how huge their gate will be if they fought at the Texas stadium. Marquez needs to stop being the tune-up king in the meantime, and push this Morales fight before Erik ends up being 200 lbs between now and July. laugh.gif
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 30 2012, 10:39 AM) *
Yeah I believe he's doing Erik a favor with statements like this. What pissed me off the most about Morales/Garcia, was the fact that the fuckin' HBO commentators, once again, overstepped their boundaries.

They already overstep their boundaries by trying be promoters, but they killed me because they REALLY tried retire Morales last weekend. I mean damn, WTF? They were doing the same shit when he fought Maidana...though we all thought Erik was shot when the contract was signed.

They saying shit like, "He's an old 34", "Too many ring wars", blah, blah, blah....and once Morales started to show some resolve, guess what you hear? "The old warrior is teaching the young cub", blah, blah, blah. "He may not have won the fight, but he won the event".

Again, them trying to retire this guy was a bit unprofessional, as if they were saying, "Erik looks a mess, and we dont want to cover anymore of his damn fights". The "new champion" still managed to look like shit against a fighter who's supposed to be retired.

JMM will do his best to promote this fight, because it's still a moneymaker. I'm wondering how huge their gate will be if they fought at the Texas stadium. Marquez needs to stop being the tune-up king in the meantime, and push this Morales fight before Erik ends up being 200 lbs between now and July. laugh.gif

totally agree. hbo is good for that bullshit. they need to stop.

i'd love to see marquez/morales. fight is definitely long overdue but i still believe it will be a good scrap at this point. get erik a win and all will be forgotten. texas seems like a good spot to stage it...but i'd prefer l.a. so i can go watch it live.
Cshel86
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Mar 30 2012, 06:07 PM) *
totally agree. hbo is good for that bullshit. they need to stop.

i'd love to see marquez/morales. fight is definitely long overdue but i still believe it will be a good scrap at this point. get erik a win and all will be forgotten. texas seems like a good spot to stage it...but i'd prefer l.a. so i can go watch it live.

Tell me about it...always trying to build up some type of flimsy suspense.

I'd love this fight, but they need to do before the end of this year, while one of them still has some media appeal. I felt Texas would be good because Mexico and LA are so close by and they both have a huge Mexican following, which equals pretty big money.

I wouldn't even mind if it was PPV...shit, if they were crazy enough to make Hopkins/Jones II and Dawson/Hopkins a PPV, then this fight should an automatic pass.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 30 2012, 07:36 PM) *
Tell me about it...always trying to build up some type of flimsy suspense.

I'd love this fight, but they need to do before the end of this year, while one of them still has some media appeal. I felt Texas would be good because Mexico and LA are so close by and they both have a huge Mexican following, which equals pretty big money.

I wouldn't even mind if it was PPV...shit, if they were crazy enough to make Hopkins/Jones II and Dawson/Hopkins a PPV, then this fight should an automatic pass.

i don't support ppv...but i think jmm/em would do well. i wouldn't order it, but i would definitely watch.
Cshel86
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Mar 30 2012, 08:19 PM) *
i don't support ppv...but i think jmm/em would do well. i wouldn't order it, but i would definitely watch.

Well I know how the PPV thing goes, but I usually lose the battle of curiosity if Im thinking about not ordering it. Fights like Morales/Maidana ruined it for me...I ALMOST talked myself out of ordering it, but I eventually did...and it ended up being a FOTY type fight, so I got my money's worth.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 30 2012, 08:39 PM) *
Well I know how the PPV thing goes, but I usually lose the battle of curiosity if Im thinking about not ordering it. Fights like Morales/Maidana ruined it for me...I ALMOST talked myself out of ordering it, but I eventually did...and it ended up being a FOTY type fight, so I got my money's worth.

for about 10yrs straight i ordered every single ppv that they offered. then i educated myself on the matter...and now that i see and understand what it is...i realize that ppv is not good for boxing...so i cannot support it because i love the sport too much.
mgrover
Yes well marquez also believed that drinking your own urine is good for you
t4toe1217
Erik Morales has been in too many wars and is too old to not take ANY fight that's brought to him serious! Marquez has also been in many wars, but he pushes himself to train harder. Besides his 3rd outing with Pacquaio, which was a joke, every fighter he has faced has been younger and stronger than him, and the same goes for Morales, so why not train properly!? Also, Marquez may have a point about returning so soon after the surgery, but Morales represents Mexico, and Mexicans are known to fight til the death! At the same time this was pretty foolish on his part!

Marquez vs Morales?

I have Marquez winning by TKO. Hands down!
Cshel86
QUOTE (t4toe1217 @ Apr 2 2012, 03:13 PM) *
Erik Morales has been in too many wars and is too old to not take ANY fight that's brought to him serious! Marquez has also been in many wars, but he pushes himself to train harder. Besides his 3rd outing with Pacquaio, which was a joke, every fighter he has faced has been younger and stronger than him, and the same goes for Morales, so why not train properly!? Also, Marquez may have a point about returning so soon after the surgery, but Morales represents Mexico, and Mexicans are known to fight til the death! At the same time this was pretty foolish on his part!

Marquez vs Morales?

I have Marquez winning by TKO. Hands down!

They've both been in wars, but Marquez has been the smarter of the two when it came down to it. He always sticks with technique (even when he's hurt or under pressure), and Erik just loses his mind when it really gets heated. It appears that eric has learned to calm down and control the pace of exchange, but it's a little too late in his career.

El Terrible's range may pose as a problem for Juan, but we all know who controls the inside game (JMM). Morales has the tendency to get caught while stepping out of an exchange, so if Juan can catch him at the end of his punch, then there's the issue for him. More than likely, he'll do it with an uppercut.
t4toe1217
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 2 2012, 09:44 PM) *
They've both been in wars, but Marquez has been the smarter of the two when it came down to it. He always sticks with technique (even when he's hurt or under pressure), and Erik just loses his mind when it really gets heated. It appears that eric has learned to calm down and control the pace of exchange, but it's a little too late in his career.

El Terrible's range may pose as a problem for Juan, but we all know who controls the inside game (JMM). Morales has the tendency to get caught while stepping out of an exchange, so if Juan can catch him at the end of his punch, then there's the issue for him. More than likely, he'll do it with an uppercut.

Your'e absolutely right! Marquez is, no doubt, the smarter fighter! He has the power and he's capable of mixing combinations and knocking you out. On the other hand, Morales has never been a knockout puncher and when he had kos, they were nothing spectacular. He does have heart and they're both legends in the Mexican community, so it definitely won't be a mismatch/shutout.
Cshel86
QUOTE (t4toe1217 @ Apr 2 2012, 09:56 PM) *
Your'e absolutely right! Marquez is, no doubt, the smarter fighter! He has the power and he's capable of mixing combinations and knocking you out. On the other hand, Morales has never been a knockout puncher and when he had kos, they were nothing spectacular. He does have heart and they're both legends in the Mexican community, so it definitely won't be a mismatch/shutout.

You're right, Morales isn't a huge knockout puncher, but that Zaragoza knockout was great! He's knocked out some guys in a spectacular fashion earlier in his career but not so much in the latter part.
Franchize
It would be nice if Morales and Marquez both road out into the sunset with a barn burning classic.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Franchize @ Apr 3 2012, 10:06 AM) *
It would be nice if Morales and Marquez both road out into the sunset with a barn burning classic.

You may be onto something...even though Marquez still has that Pacquiao rematch in his back pocket, if he chooses to take it.
Franchize
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 3 2012, 01:55 PM) *
You may be onto something...even though Marquez still has that Pacquiao rematch in his back pocket, if he chooses to take it.

I think the public was mixed on whether they cared to see a part 4 when it was fresh in their minds. Do you think they'll care after both guys have faced other opponents? (BTW, Im not trying to be condescending. I really would like to know your opinion)
Cshel86
QUOTE (Franchize @ Apr 3 2012, 04:48 PM) *
I think the public was mixed on whether they cared to see a part 4 when it was fresh in their minds. Do you think they'll care after both guys have faced other opponents? (BTW, Im not trying to be condescending. I really would like to know your opinion)

Hell, they really didn't care after the rematch...then the rubber match was shoved down our throats. So we may get the same reception for the 4th fight...since the rubber match was a hit by doing 1.4M buys...according to the Bobfather of course.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.