Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: linares stopped in 2 rounds!?!?!?
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
daprofessor
very disappointing to hear. this kid had all the makings of something special. i had high hopes for him. beautiful style. wrong ppl behind him. anyone see the fight?

Cshel86
Yep, I JUST finished watching it and almost opened a thread for it. I read the article by David Kassell this morning, and read it at the end. It's obvious that his achilles heel is Mexican fighters. Great fight, while it lasted...

daprofessor
he's a much better fighter than this. i see very basic mistakes that he is making that lead to the loss imo. he's an after thought at the wildcard and goldenboy promotions. he is capable of better and deserves better. hopefully he'll get back on track.
t4toe1217
I still can't believe this guy is still rolling his head in the same direction as the punch is being thrown at him! And God bless his face! It surely won't be the same after the DeMarco fight!
daprofessor
QUOTE (t4toe1217 @ Apr 2 2012, 02:51 PM) *
I still can't believe this guy is still rolling his head in the same direction as the punch is being thrown at him! And God bless his face! It surely won't be the same after the DeMarco fight!

someone needs to teach him a few other ways to avoid the right. sparring with the bitch bar headgear isn't doing him any good either. there is no substitute for good defense.
checkleft
No surprise demarco cuts easy and has no defense. All of his losses have come by stoppage/ko. These Freddie roach fighters really need to work on defense.
mgrover
I hate to say it but it seems like theres a constant pattern of his fighters not having a good defence
daprofessor
QUOTE (checkleft @ Apr 2 2012, 03:44 PM) *
No surprise demarco cuts easy and has no defense. All of his losses have come by stoppage/ko. These Freddie roach fighters really need to work on defense.

i think u meant linares. his defense can use some work. i really can't call him a freddie roach fighter. i get the feeling dude is training himself over there.
checkleft
Yes I meant linares. But that's a valid point, Freddie is very busy
checkleft
Oh and lundy might have just taken his shot against demarco according to reports on boxingscene
daprofessor
QUOTE (checkleft @ Apr 2 2012, 06:11 PM) *
Oh and lundy might have just taken his shot against demarco according to reports on boxingscene

lundy is going to beat demarco.
BigFightFan
The cut didn't seem that bad, he could have possibly recovered.
Cshel86
QUOTE (t4toe1217 @ Apr 2 2012, 02:51 PM) *

He just put that rematch on the back burner after this loss, but this loss may have saved him though. Hell, that rolling his head may be some Wild Card bullshit that he uses when he runs out of stuff to do. Khan has thing with pushing and running in circles when he runs out of shit to do, and Manny simply high steps like an idiot and dash in and out like a for no reason.

He needs a better game plan, or else he will always have control of the fight and suddenly lose it. Wait...

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 2 2012, 05:12 PM) *
his defense can use some work.

Defense? What is that?

QUOTE (checkleft @ Apr 2 2012, 06:11 PM) *

Lundy would have a few moments where he shits in his pants during a Demarco fight. He's a decent sharpshooter, but he falls into this wild ass daze when he's throwing combinations, and ends up on the canvas every time.
t4toe1217
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 2 2012, 09:36 PM) *
He just put that rematch on the back burner after this loss, but this loss may have saved him though. Hell, that rolling his head may be some Wild Card bullshit that he uses when he runs out of stuff to do. Khan has thing with pushing and running in circles when he runs out of shit to do, and Manny simply high steps like an idiot and dash in and out like a for no reason.

Yeah, maybe that is some Wild Card gym shit! The one thing I can't get over about Freddie Roach is that he is crowned a Hall of Fame trainer, but none of his fighters have defense!!! Wtf? They all fight the same way. "Boom boom boom!" Quick BS combination and move to the side, or even push you away! When they start getting their asses kicked, the game plan is out of the window! And your'e absolutely right, Linares can forget about that rematch with Antonio DeMarco......
Cshel86
QUOTE (t4toe1217 @ Apr 2 2012, 09:50 PM) *
Yeah, maybe that is some Wild Card gym shit! The one thing I can't get over about Freddie Roach is that he is crowned a Hall of Fame trainer, but none of his fighters have defense!!! Wtf? They all fight the same way. "Boom boom boom!" Quick BS combination and move to the side, or even push you away! When they start getting their asses kicked, the game plan is out of the window! And your'e absolutely right, Linares can forget about that rematch with Antonio DeMarco......

Well there are fighters who got inducted into the HOF, and they had no defense...so Im sure their trainer may have been mentioned or inducted. His fighters haven't had a good year, well at least year anyway...everything else remains to be seen.

As far as that DeMarco rematch, he can kiss it goodbye for a little while, but he'll get it sooner or later. I cant imagine that he took this loss as bad as he took the DeMarco loss, but it's still a loss and he actually went down in this one, so who knows. The saddest part is, he was supposed to win this one.
Franchize
I thought it was an early stoppage and he could have fought on but either way, he shouldn't have been getting hit so easily. He has way too much raw talent to be getting a beatdown by a guy liek that in the 2nd round.

Linares and Khan fight very similar. At what point is Freddie Roach going to start teaching these guys some defense. I, like many, lost a lot of respect for the whole Wild Card/Top Rank clique but I always respected Freddie as a trainer. That being said, his fighters haven't looked great and they are being exposed with some of the same fundamental flaws. First and foremost, Khan, Linares and especially Manny have extremely fast feet, yet they get his so easily against slower opponents. Why? Well far be it from me to call myself a boxing expert but anyone who watches the sport on anything more than a casual level knows that these guys all retreat straight back. As good as Manny's footwork has been credited as being, he really only uses it for his offense. Once he throws,however, then its the same streamline retreat you see in Khan and Linares. It's part of the reason Manny was so easy to counter vs Marquez. Khan, against Peterson, started off throwing wicked combos and then backing away. To the naked eye, this looks great. He's doing damage and getting out. However, the WAY he gets out is what spoke volumes. He throws punches then walks straight back. The problem with that is that #1 you have no where to go when your close to the ropes so unless you are in the center of the ring, you're screwed. #2 You wasting to much energy sprinting out of the way and as the fight goes on and legs get weary, you're leaving yourself in danger form uch longer. Everytime I see these guys fight I can hear Brother Nazim in the Mayweather fight making Shane repeat instructions lol When you step around and pivot, you almost turn the ring like in those cheesy Boxing video games. You also spend far less energy. It's part of the brilliance that guys like Floyd and James Toney exhibit. The ability to not get hit while in close quarters whether they're in the center of the ring or against ropes. The ability to turn your opponent without having to create space. It's one of the things I like in the up and coming Adrien Broner.When Floyd knocked Hatton silyl with that check left, it was as much about footwork as it was the actual punch!
daprofessor
linares learned the majority of what he knows about boxing from his grandfather. he's had a few trainers along the way. when he was in teiken gym in japan...they didn't really appear to add anything to his style. if anything...they made him a little more basic. as for his time spent in the wildcard...i think the only thing he got from that is what most guys get on a regular basis there....quality sparring. his turning away from right hands is something he came to that gym with. i take nothing away from freddie roach. he is a very good trainer who does an excellent job when he is able to focus on a fighter. the problem is that i don't believe he gave linares the focus he needed. i've seen other guys working with him. other guys are not freddie. alex ariza is not a boxing trainer. he's a conditioning coach. i also believe gbp failed him as well.

flazi
He just needs a few tweaks. Guy has all the talent in the world. Someone mentioned that Beristain becoming his trainer would work wonders and i agree. He just needs head movement. Even Floyd sr would be a good trainer for him.
Franchize
Anyone feel like Roach looked very disinterested when they were introducing Linares lol?
daprofessor
QUOTE (Franchize @ Apr 3 2012, 03:21 PM) *
Anyone feel like Roach looked very disinterested when they were introducing Linares lol?

he always has that look. it's totally different once the round starts.
Cheesey1
Haven't watched it yet, but even De La Hoya recently said that Linares needs to learn some D.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Apr 3 2012, 09:35 PM) *
Haven't watched it yet, but even De La Hoya recently said that Linares needs to learn some D.

Lmao! Look at the kettle calling the pot black...funny coming from somebody with slow ass head movement....
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 3 2012, 10:29 PM) *
Lmao! Look at the kettle calling the pot black...funny coming from somebody with slow ass head movement....

no shit. he couldn't get out of the way of a right hand to save his life either.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.