Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: interesting endorsement for congressman/catholic spokesman
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Allmenjoi8
http://www.boxingscene.com/photos-pacquiao...campaign--51373

Didn't he say he quit drinking but yet endorses Hennessy? Isn't he the ambassador of the Catholic Church? Wow, everyone has a price.
pimpfighterROQ
A lot of people (including you and me) don't buy into this whole shit about him being the Holy goody goody fighter so why does it matter? This doesn't deserve another thread....

Let's just face it, we don't like the guy. End of story.

BTW, I'm Catholic myself...it's not looked upon if you drink or enjoy alcohol. Even the Bible has passages about wines.

Now if he endorsed..Trojan condoms...that's another story....
Cshel86
***Cshel grabs his keys, sets the alarm, storms through the front door, and speeds off to the package store for a fifth of Henny...be right back folks...
Cheesey1
I don't know, I enjoy reading how he just doesn't give a fuck and seeing the hypocrisy from most of the boxing press. It's my version of watching a car accident. I know I should get a life, but it's a guilty pleasure. Also, is he still catholic? I thought that he became born again and I don't know if a born again can technically remain a catholic. Whatever, he's still a hypocritical douche.

Speaking of car accidents, what about Hector "8-ball" Camacho's coke meltdown? I know that I shouldn't laugh at someone else's misfortune, but coke heads are laughable. Ha!!!
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Apr 3 2012, 09:26 PM) *
It's my version of watching a car accident. I know I should get a life, but it's a guilty pleasure.

That's the same feeling I get when I read Allmenjoi's posts laugh.gif
mgrover
haha i can imagine MP at a AA meeting, be hilarious, like the time Tony Blair said he had a drinking problem because he had a glass of wine after each dinner, that's some weak ass shit.
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (pimpfighterROQ @ Apr 3 2012, 08:06 PM) *
A lot of people (including you and me) don't buy into this whole shit about him being the Holy goody goody fighter so why does it matter? This doesn't deserve another thread....

Let's just face it, we don't like the guy. End of story.

BTW, I'm Catholic myself...it's not looked upon if you drink or enjoy alcohol. Even the Bible has passages about wines.

Now if he endorsed..Trojan condoms...that's another story....

I have no issue with Manny. If anything he played his cards wrong with his image. Instead of being Mr. Goody he should have been the nice bad boy. I just do not like when someone pretends to be something that they are, that is what I do not like. Plus I am not a fan of his fighting style other than that he is cool.
Cshel86
If sipping Hennessy helps him sleep with his fugly ass marital counterpart every other night, then I have no problem with it. You guys are sooooo judgmental rolleyes_anim.gif
Franchize
In Christianity, it's not a sin to drink. It's a sin to be drunk.
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (Franchize @ Apr 5 2012, 11:59 AM) *

From my experience with the Hen, if you drink it you are going to be good and right. I never meant anyone who drunk the Hen and wasn't lit. Especially if you drink it straight.
Franchize
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Apr 5 2012, 01:07 PM) *
From my experience with the Hen, if you drink it you are going to be good and right. I never meant anyone who drunk the Hen and wasn't lit. Especially if you drink it straight.

I don't get drunk off of Hennessy. But then again, I was told I drink like a fish. This was years ago before my daughter was born though. I rarely drink now. I'd probably get tipsy off a Bartles and James now.
BoxingFan86
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Apr 5 2012, 10:31 AM) *
I have no issue with Manny. If anything he played his cards wrong with his image. Instead of being Mr. Goody he should have been the nice bad boy. I just do not like when someone pretends to be something that they are, that is what I do not like. Plus I am not a fan of his fighting style other than that he is cool.

In Manny's case, it's all an act to gain fans and to gain sympathy from those fans whenever his image is distorted. Personally, I don't fault the dude for carryin' himself the way he does. That's just Manny bein' Manny. As far as his fightin' style goes, I think it looks a bit amateur-ish (i.e. street fights, kid fights, etc...) myself, but at the same time, it can be very entertainin'. It all depends on his opponent, though.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Franchize @ Apr 5 2012, 02:04 PM) *
I don't get drunk off of Hennessy. But then again, I was told I drink like a fish. This was years ago before my daughter was born though. I rarely drink now. I'd probably get tipsy off a Bartles and James now.

Uh oh bro...you may wanna buss open those Mike's Hard Lemonade in the meantime, to break yourself back in! laugh.gif
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (Franchize @ Apr 5 2012, 01:04 PM) *

Kids will change your life. I rarely do anything since becoming a parent. There is ladies night but that came to end when my semester started and my main homegirl is getting married so everyone is on stilts.

I have no issue against Pac, I just think if you like to drink, cheat on your wife, and party then do so, but do not act holier than thou when you know you are who you are. Now the guy that doesn't drink or smoke is considered a asshole. How truth is sometimes based off of fiction.
Franchize
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 5 2012, 02:20 PM) *
Uh oh bro...you may wanna buss open those Mike's Hard Lemonade in the meantime, to break yourself back in! laugh.gif

I know I know lol

The most I drink now is like cider beers like Hornsby's or Woodchuck (delicious). I can go through a case pretty quick.

As for Manny, I have a Filipino friend who is friends with him. He hangs out with Manny before and after fights. Manny sends him tickets and stuff. His cousin is one of Manny's lawyers or something like that. My friend says that Manny's main problem is that he is too nice. He said Manny used to run the streets but he was always very loyal. He feels like he owes guys for being there with him when he was getting into bar fights and shit. He says Manny doesn't know how to say no. He said Manny has very little control over his business ventures and even went as far as saying half of the merchandise out on the market, unless it's Nike, he really gets no profit from it. Apparently, theres a bunch of people using Manny's image and name on unlicensed products right in his face and getting away with it. As for Hennessy, I have no problem with it. Just because he endorses it, doesn't mean he's an avid drinker of it. Shit, you think Jay Z drinks Budweiser on the regular? Probably not, but they paid him and Danica Patrick a shit load of money to do that ad. Shit, for the right price, I'd endorse Sarah Palin...and I'm a democrat with a brain! lmao
BoxingFan86
QUOTE (Franchize @ Apr 5 2012, 03:58 PM) *
I know I know lol

The most I drink now is like cider beers like Hornsby's or Woodchuck (delicious). I can go through a case pretty quick.

As for Manny, I have a Filipino friend who is friends with him. He hangs out with Manny before and after fights. Manny sends him tickets and stuff. His cousin is one of Manny's lawyers or something like that. My friend says that Manny's main problem is that he is too nice. He said Manny used to run the streets but he was always very loyal. He feels like he owes guys for being there with him when he was getting into bar fights and shit. He says Manny doesn't know how to say no. He said Manny has very little control over his business ventures and even went as far as saying half of the merchandise out on the market, unless it's Nike, he really gets no profit from it. Apparently, theres a bunch of people using Manny's image and name on unlicensed products right in his face and getting away with it. As for Hennessy, I have no problem with it. Just because he endorses it, doesn't mean he's an avid drinker of it. Shit, you think Jay Z drinks Budweiser on the regular? Probably not, but they paid him and Danica Patrick a shit load of money to do that ad. Shit, for the right price, I'd endorse Sarah Palin...and I'm a democrat with a brain! lmao

For some reason, your comment made me think of this skit...

laugh.gif
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Franchize @ Apr 5 2012, 12:59 PM) *

I'm willing to gamble, because I'm a religious man, cut from the same cloth as the saint, that Mr. Pacquaio has done both, many, many times.

I don't know any of these guys, but I'm sure that a lot of people from his country have stories about him, so I'm not even going to speculate re. what other people say about him. I keep it simple. My opinion is based on what a person does and I know a rascal when I see one and my man, Il Santo, is a rascal.

I wish I could just tell the IRS to stop harassing me and subtly threaten them with litigation because I've supposedly lost endorsement deals, instead of just giving them whatever paperwork they have the nerve to ask for. Man, why can't I be brave like the saint?!?
Franchize
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Apr 5 2012, 09:59 PM) *
I'm willing to gamble, because I'm a religious man, cut from the same cloth as the saint, that Mr. Pacquaio has done both, many, many times.

I don't know any of these guys, but I'm sure that a lot of people from his country have stories about him, so I'm not even going to speculate re. what other people say about him. I keep it simple. My opinion is based on what a person does and I know a rascal when I see one and my man, Il Santo, is a rascal.

I wish I could just tell the IRS to stop harassing me and subtly threaten them with litigation because I've supposedly lost endorsement deals, instead of just giving them whatever paperwork they have the nerve to ask for. Man, why can't I be brave like the saint?!?

Lol That's like saying "Get your hand out of my pocket" and they actually do it!
daprofessor
QUOTE (BoxingFan86 @ Apr 5 2012, 04:34 PM) *

laugh.gif

laugh.gif i miss dave! dude was funny as shit!!! laugh.gif

i guess the same skit could apply to manny and the church. unsure.gif
Cshel86
QUOTE (BoxingFan86 @ Apr 5 2012, 04:34 PM) *

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Good shit Box!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.