Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: So the Chavez vs Lee bout is done for June 16th...
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Cshel86
According to the front page, this bout is done. Gladly Julio steps it up after having 40+ fights, so let's see what happens. I may not like the guy as much, but Im entertained by the fact that every time I turn around, he's signing for another fight.

http://www.fighthype.com/pages/content12099.html

This is Andy Lee's biggest bout yet...

Thoughts?
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 3 2012, 09:51 PM) *
According to the front page, this bout is done. Gladly Julio steps it up after having 40+ fights, so let's see what happens. I may not like the guy as much, but Im entertained by the fact that every time I turn around, he's signing for another fight.

http://www.fighthype.com/pages/content12099.html

This is Andy Lee's biggest bout yet...

Thoughts?

I read this on another site, but one guy said that Lee had better make sure they drug test JCC Jr. and I agree. Especially after that nonsense the last time where he didn't get tested after he fought.

As far as the match up, Chavez is the stronger guy, but Lee's got the better corner. Chavez will probably win, but I hope that Lee does.
Cshel86
Oh yeah guys...I forgot to mention that the fight is in Texas! laugh.gif
Cheesey1
I'm guessing that promoters like Texas because of the Mexican population, but the Texas boxing commission really needs to get their shit together.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Apr 4 2012, 10:06 AM) *
I'm guessing that promoters like Texas because of the Mexican population, but the Texas boxing commission really needs to get their shit together.

That's what we've been led to believe, but no matter what part of Texas a fight is held, or whether or not the fighter is Mexican....the worst shit happens there.

1. Cloud/Campillo
2. Donaire/Vasquez Jr. (one of those cards were fucked up)
3. Chavez/Rubio (drug testing)
4. Kirkland/Molina disaster
5. Morales/Garcia (one of those score cards were jacked up as well)
6. Chavez/Manfredo (quick stoppage)
Franchize
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 4 2012, 10:56 AM) *
That's what we've been led to believe, but no matter what part of Texas a fight is held, or whether or not the fighter is Mexican....the worst shit happens there.

1. Cloud/Campillo

Wasn't Malinaggi vs Diaz in Houston, Texas too? The infamous Gale Van Hoy judged that fight.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Franchize @ Apr 4 2012, 11:02 AM) *
Wasn't Malinaggi vs Diaz in Houston, Texas too? The infamous Gale Van Hoy judged that fight.

Dammit man! Great reminder! I remember Paulie getting fucked outta that fight, and Im ashamed that I didn't remember his rant at the end. Could I be slipping? How could I not have remembered this Texas travesty?
Hotsauce
its in texas though

lee is going to need a ko or tko to win
Thickback
Lee and his handlers are retarded for agreeing to fight in Texas. Chavez will be tested big time though.
Franchize
I can't see, for one minute, Lee being able to win with anything less than a totally dominant performance...maybe even a KO.
Cshel86
If Lee can score a couple of knockdowns, then he could possibly walk away with a draw...
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 4 2012, 10:56 AM) *

1. Cloud/Campillo

7. malignaggi/diaz
8. juarez/raheem (blatant robbery)
9. whitaker/chavez (need i say anymore?)
10. marquez/jimrex jaca (ref told jmm he was ahead on points if he wanted to quit from the cut caused by headbutt)

there are more....
daprofessor
let's not forget texas also licensed margarito.

Cheesey1
Yup, some grimy business has gone on in TX.
checkleft
What do you expect, its Texas. The more interesting part about this is that theirs an agreement that the winner fights Martinez. So when/if chavez robs beats or kos lee then he might fight Martinez.
Jack 1000
It's Texas. Home of the corrupt Cole Family,

Therefore, lets violate ABC rules with 4th and 8th round WBC Open Scoring. Let's have no pre/post-fight drug tests, lets have fighters after they weigh in without so much as a consequence for coming in overweight, risking the health and safety of the opponent.

No way Andy Lee gets a fair shake. They have to keep Chavez Jr. unbeaten to keep the Martinez fight alive. Without Lee scoring a stoppage, this fight is a foregone conclusion.

Jack

PS. I even think the higher ups at HBO have given Lamply and the crew new pom-poms, telling them what to say, especially with Chavez Jr. They are trying to make him out to be more than he is, with the backings of Arum, Jose Suliamn, and the politics of being "Julio's kid." It's not Chavez's Jr.'s fault. It's because of who he is, and taking the belt away from Sergio Martinez that caused these issues. HBO is at fault too because Martinez was supposed to fight Zibik as a mandatory. HBO turned it down, and that started these issues.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Apr 5 2012, 04:52 PM) *

Therefore, lets violate ABC rules with 4th and 8th round WBC Open Scoring. Let's have no pre/post-fight drug tests, lets have fighters after they weigh in without so much as a consequence for coming in overweight, risking the health and safety of the opponent.

No way Andy Lee gets a fair shake. They have to keep Chavez Jr. unbeaten to keep the Martinez fight alive. Without Lee scoring a stoppage, this fight is a foregone conclusion.

Jack

PS. I even think the higher ups at HBO have given Lamply and the crew new pom-poms, telling them what to say, especially with Chavez Jr. They are trying to make him out to be more than he is, with the backings of Arum, Jose Suliamn, and the politics of being "Julio's kid." It's not Chavez's Jr.'s fault. It's because of who he is, and taking the belt away from Sergio Martinez that caused these issues. HBO is at fault too because Martinez was supposed to fight Zibik as a mandatory. HBO turned it down, and that started these issues.

there's no denying the kid has been ordained...but take away the silver spoon and everything else...he can fight. i think he'll beat lee with out the shenanigans. i also think he's going to give martinez a run for his money.
Cshel86
QUOTE (checkleft @ Apr 4 2012, 11:53 PM) *
The more interesting part about this is that theirs an agreement that the winner fights Martinez. So when/if chavez robs beats or kos lee then he might fight Martinez.

The funny part is, Andy Lee IS a substantial step up in class, unlike his Julio's past opponents who were gradual steps up...and he improved in those fights. Anybody find it funny how Chavez decided NOT to sign that the extension with Arum, and BOOM...he's in an Adndy Lee fight, with a Martinez fight to follow?

As far as Im concerned, Andy wont lay down for Chavez, and he damn sure isn't shot (or close to it), so he proves to be a threat. THEN, the winner of that fight gets Sergio, which isn't a soft touch either.

Now, if Julio signed that extension...do you REALLY think he would be fighting Lee and possibly Martinez? Nope, the gradual steps up would continue. I think Bob is more so pissed at Julio, because let's face it...Bob doesn't doesn't give us great fights out of the kindness of his heart.

So, if Lee happens to beat the odds and get past Chavez, then his stock goes up...DiBella wins. Lee goes on to fight Sergio...both are DiBella fighters, so yeah...DiBella wins double time.

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 5 2012, 06:05 PM) *
there's no denying the kid has been ordained...but take away the silver spoon and everything else...he can fight. i think he'll beat lee with out the shenanigans. i also think he's going to give martinez a run for his money.

I agree. I NEVER thought Chavez would be an easy fight for Sergio...especially after i saw how he consistently came into fights over 180 lbs. He does have a chin, so he would be able to take Sergio's punches.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Apr 5 2012, 04:52 PM) *

Jack

Jack...I never disagree with your posts, because you give me no reason to. Obviously you know waaaay more than I do about the ABC rules, open scoring, and the commissions, so I will leave that to you. Nearly everything that you've been posting over the past few months, has actually happened.

That open scoring is an on-going circus, and that was proven in most of those Texas bouts. The minute Martinez requested to fight someone else (other than Zbik), they stripped him of his title. It's not like he said that he NEVER wanted to fight Zbik, but I believe he was chasing Chavez back then as well.
Jack 1000
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 5 2012, 09:38 PM) *
Jack...I never disagree with your posts, because you give me no reason to. Obviously you know waaaay more than I do about the ABC rules, open scoring, and the commissions, so I will leave that to you. Nearly everything that you've been posting over the past few months, has actually happened.

That open scoring is an on-going circus, and that was proven in most of those Texas bouts. The minute Martinez requested to fight someone else (other than Zbik), they stripped him of his title. It's not like he said that he NEVER wanted to fight Zbik, but I believe he was chasing Chavez back then as well.

Thanks!

From what I remember HBO turned down Martinez-Zibik because Zibik was not a name opponent. The WBC stripped Martinez. (Well, actually they gave him some Commemorative Diamond Belt) but he lost world title recognition. Than Zibik-Chavez Jr was approved for the WBC Middleweight Title. HBO was hypocritical here, and the question is, why wasn't Zibik good enough for Martinez in the network's eyes. but Chavez Jr was good enough against Zibik for HBO to show the fight? I think Arum pulled strings here, and HBO wanted to mend the fences with Arum, when Pacquiao briefly went to Showtime.

HBO should have just said. "Zibik is not a name fighter, and we aren't showing any of his fights, period."

Jack
BoxingStill#1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 5 2012, 09:33 PM) *
The funny part is, Andy Lee IS a substantial step up in class, unlike his Julio's past opponents who were gradual steps up...and he improved in those fights. Anybody find it funny how Chavez decided NOT to sign that the extension with Arum, and BOOM...he's in an Adndy Lee fight, with a Martinez fight to follow?

As far as Im concerned, Andy wont lay down for Chavez, and he damn sure isn't shot (or close to it), so he proves to be a threat. THEN, the winner of that fight gets Sergio, which isn't a soft touch either.

Now, if Julio signed that extension...do you REALLY think he would be fighting Lee and possibly Martinez? Nope, the gradual steps up would continue. I think Bob is more so pissed at Julio, because let's face it...Bob doesn't doesn't give us great fights out of the kindness of his heart.

So, if Lee happens to beat the odds and get past Chavez, then his stock goes up...DiBella wins. Lee goes on to fight Sergio...both are DiBella fighters, so yeah...DiBella wins double time.

I agree. I NEVER thought Chavez would be an easy fight for Sergio...especially after i saw how he consistently came into fights over 180 lbs. He does have a chin, so he would be able to take Sergio's punches.

I see Dibelle building Andy a bit more before he throws him to the Lions..... pullin a Arum move..
Cshel86
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Apr 6 2012, 03:40 AM) *
From what I remember HBO turned down Martinez-Zibik because Zibik was not a name opponent. The WBC stripped Martinez. (Well, actually they gave him some Commemorative Diamond Belt) but he lost world title recognition. Than Zibik-Chavez Jr was approved for the WBC Middleweight Title. HBO was hypocritical here, and the question is, why wasn't Zibik good enough for Martinez in the network's eyes. but Chavez Jr was good enough against Zibik for HBO to show the fight? I think Arum pulled strings here, and HBO wanted to mend the fences with Arum, when Pacquiao briefly went to Showtime.

HBO should have just said. "Zibik is not a name fighter, and we aren't showing any of his fights, period."

That's EXACTLY what happened with HBO!...bunch of scumbags. Maybe they did try to mend fences with Arum, because they definitely could've made some type of money off the Pacquiao/Mosley fight, though I dont believe those numbers all that great.

If I remember correctly, all of this was taking place around the time Greenburg was getting the boot from HBO, or it may have happened already. Either way it goes, that was some BS that they pulled with Zbik.

HBO basically did a "Mr. Potato Head" move, and made it what they wanted it be, of course with some influence from Arum. Again, around that time, Chavez Sr. had been inducted into the HOF, so they ran the extra mile and made most of the fight about him...calling out all of his title credentials during the introduction. Then his son was fighting a soft touch for a major title...that had to be the best Father's Day gift for Sr. laugh.gif

While that circus was in full swing, Zbik was STILL overlooked. Poor dude, he was merely the sacrificial lamb that evening...
Cshel86
QUOTE (BoxingStill#1 @ Apr 6 2012, 09:30 AM) *
I see Dibelle building Andy a bit more before he throws him to the Lions..... pullin a Arum move..

He should pull some BS...I wouldn't hold it against him. If Andy happens to beat Julio in June, then he should build Lee up some more, instead of putting him in there with Sergio in September. Either way it goes, the MW title will still be in DiBella's possession.
wolterb
I think Lee can take this. He should be able to maintain control and cruise to a decision with his jab and uppercuts.

All of the above is assuming the win is not predetermined by judge/promotion skulduggery

That being said, as much as I have hated on Chavez in the past, I cannot dismiss his ability to take punishment and then dish it out. With that in mind, this could be a great fight - with both guys struggling for dominance. And i would not rule out the possibility of Lee getting knocked out or down.

this fight definitely will have my attention
Cshel86
I just wish Texas wasn't such a big factor in this fight...which is some guaranteed fuckery somewhere along the lines...
mgrover
i can feel some sort of bullshit stoppage or dq
BoxingFan86
So I guess I'm not the only one fed up with Texas as far as boxin' goes.
Cshel86
To a certain extent, Im sure we're all fed up with Texas...but the thought of not missing a fight usually gets the best of us. laugh.gif I watched Chavez/Manfredo last night, and I saw a bit of improvement in him. As for the Rubio fight, I saw more improvement, but it seemed as if he wanted to hurry up and get that fight over with.
Franchize
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 9 2012, 09:29 PM) *
To a certain extent, Im sure we're all fed up with Texas...but the thought of not missing a fight usually gets the best of us. laugh.gif I watched Chavez/Manfredo last night, and I saw a bit of improvement in him. As for the Rubio fight, I saw more improvement, but it seemed as if he wanted to hurry up and get that fight over with.

Only thing I saw in the Rubio fight was that even if Rubio was the more skilled fighter, it wouldn't have matter because JCC Jr is pretty much a light heavyweight.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Franchize @ Apr 10 2012, 08:58 AM) *
Only thing I saw in the Rubio fight was that even if Rubio was the more skilled fighter, it wouldn't have matter because JCC Jr is pretty much a light heavyweight.

Yeah dude does come in at about 180 lbs, which is fuckin' ridiculous. Guys like that, shed all of that weight, just to be a bully in the division (i.e. Brandon Rios).
Cshel86
From what I read on the front page...in the event that Chavez beats Lee in June, Top Rank may possibly pull some more fuckery and bypass Sergio again. It was a rumor that Margarito was supposed to fight in June, but of course it was a rumor.

Instead, he's looking to fight on September15th. He's a TR fighter, Julio's a TR fighter...need I say more? So...let's just hope that Lee actually beats Chavez in June. If not, then there will be more heartbroken Martinez fans, when the BS continues.
wolterb
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 10 2012, 09:03 AM) *
Yeah dude does come in at about 180 lbs, which is fuckin' ridiculous. Guys like that, shed all of that weight, just to be a bully in the division (i.e. Brandon Rios).

I agree. This is a loophole in boxing i'd like to see knotted. This same argument could be applied, (hesitates), to vlad and vitali.

At some point someone has to call a spade a spade and acknowledge Chavez isn't a Middleweight.

A few lbs over is fine, but if you surpass your opponent by 10 - 20 lbs...that defeats the entire purpose of weight classes to begin with. The part that irks me most is that rios and chavez both are becoming fan favorites...if their reputation was, as you said, A BULLY then that could add some appeal to their fights. Lets see what little man can stomp out this big ass intruder. I just see their victories as tainted thats all. But instead they're getting rewarded, rising up the ranks and probably getting close to landing big-big fights.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.