Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anybody ordering the Rios/Marquez card next weekend?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Cshel86
Just curious to see if anybody is considering ordering it. This is Rios' first shot at headlining a PPV card, and Im sure it's not going to be all that high, but as we've all witnessed the past and current PPV stars...they didn't start out doing a million buys either.
checkleft
Pfft. This is a ridiculously ppv, but that's why streams were invented. But I mean some people bought Hopkins Dawson
bnoles4life
"All I do is streeeeeeeeaaaaaam, stream, stream, streeeeam"
Cshel86
laugh.gif

I bought Dawson/Hopkins, and due to you guys and these round-by-round threads...I wouldn't want to miss a moment of boxing. I'm also putting my personal video recorder to use, so Im wont complain.

I just hope that it will be a good card....
Cheesey1
Nope, not gonna do it.
Thickback
Hell no!!!!
mgrover
no but i'll stream that shit, am curious how marquez will look, and ofc skeletor.
Cshel86
QUOTE (mgrover @ Apr 4 2012, 08:37 AM) *
no but i'll stream that shit, am curious how marquez will look, and ofc skeletor.

laugh.gif

I guess we have to wait til next Friday's weigh-in for that. Im curious myself...

Hittman25
ill order it...cant watch boxing on the computer....its marquez and rios i dont think it could be a waste but it really shouldnt be a ppv
Cshel86
QUOTE (Hittman25 @ Apr 4 2012, 10:35 AM) *
ill order it...cant watch boxing on the computer....its marquez and rios i dont think it could be a waste but it really shouldnt be a ppv

I completely understand! I only stream UFC fights and international boxing cards! Besides, when Im streaming, it's hard to post at the same time. laugh.gif I've been reading that Mike Alvarado will be on the card as well.
Franchize
Wait what? It's on PPV?

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Apr 3 2012, 10:54 PM) *
"All I do is streeeeeeeeaaaaaam, stream, stream, streeeeam"

ok.gif I plan on doing the same. As a matter of fact, I may not even watch it just out of spite that it's on PPV. Not that anyone will care, but in my own mind, I will have gotten my point across lol
Jack 1000
There is a PPV double-header with two separate bouts as main events from different locations featuring Brandon Rios and Juan Marquez

Rios is fighting Abril for the WBA Lightweight Championship in Vegas.

Than, over in Mexico City, Marquez fights Fedchenko for The Ring Lightweight Championship

The confusion is on the start time and price. I have two PPV channels showing the fight at 8 PM (CT) and another channel showing the fight at 7 PM(CT). However, other than the time, both show the same PPV information, which is correct?

And the price is listed at only $9.99? Is that possible? I haven't seen a $10 PPV for boxing since the days of Cedrick Kershners 'Heavyweight Explosion" series. Check your system guides and reply within please. Thanks!

Jack
flazi
9.99? its supposed to be 49.99 i believe. buy it now before they recognized their mistake.
Cshel86
Got DirecTV (aka Direct Pimpin') over here...mine says $54.95 (for HD) with no signs of budging no2.gif Oh well...I'll be ordering it anyway! Oh yeah...mine starts at 9PM (EST).
Jack 1000
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 9 2012, 04:38 PM) *
Got DirecTV (aka Direct Pimpin') over here...mine says $54.95 (for HD) with no signs of budging no2.gif Oh well...I'll be ordering it anyway! Oh yeah...mine starts at 9PM (EST).

LOL! Hahahaa!

Yea, I know! I saw that, $9.99?! We have TWC and they get their guide data from Tribune Media Services, so TMS is pushing out the wrong data. They are updating the guide/boxes tonight with new software, so I wonder how long before it shows the right price?

Years ago, I remember ordering a fight and TWC put up the wrong two fighters on the order screen! Hahahaha!

Jack
Cshel86
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Apr 9 2012, 05:46 PM) *
LOL! Hahahaa!

Yea, I know! I saw that, $9.99?! We have TWC and they get their guide data from Tribune Media Services, so TMS is pushing out the wrong data. They are updating the guide/boxes tonight with new software, so I wonder how long before it shows the right price?

Years ago, I remember ordering a fight and TWC put up the wrong two fighters on the order screen! Hahahaha!

Yeah that $9.99 sounds good, but we all know how that will pan out. laugh.gif I remember PPV used to be about $25 when I was younger, and I also remember that wood grain cable box that used to mess up all the time...we used to call it "Big Dookie"...
mgrover
how much do you think this will sell? am thinking somewhere around the 500-600k mark.
Cshel86
QUOTE (mgrover @ Apr 10 2012, 02:42 PM) *
how much do you think this will sell? am thinking somewhere around the 500-600k mark.

Im not sure it will be around the 500-600k range...Im thinking somewhere around 300-400...nothing more than that though. You gotta think about it, fights like Pac/Morales, Mayweather/Gatti, and so forth, do between 350- 450k ppvs.

Cshel86
Anybody smell an upset this weekend???
Franchize
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 11 2012, 09:41 AM) *
Anybody smell an upset this weekend???

I smell you being upset you paid to watch it thumbsdown_anim.gif
checkleft
Yea I can see an upset. That rios quote on the front page has jinx written all over it lol "I will never lose to a no name like abril" or something to that extent. I'll laugh so hard if his ass gets sparked up
Thickback
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 9 2012, 09:07 PM) *
Yeah that $9.99 sounds good, but we all know how that will pan out. laugh.gif I remember PPV used to be about $25 when I was younger, and I also remember that wood grain cable box that used to mess up all the time...we used to call it "Big Dookie"...

150-200 tops.
Jack 1000
QUOTE (Thickback @ Apr 11 2012, 01:08 PM) *
150-200 tops.

That's what I think too. Very boneheaded of HBO or Showtime not to pick this up. In reality, that $10 misprint may be the maximum that this fight is worth, not $45 as it is being reported. I wonder if HBO will replay this the following weekend?

Jack
Jack 1000
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Apr 9 2012, 02:12 PM) *
There is a PPV double-header with two separate bouts as main events from different locations featuring Brandon Rios and Juan Marquez

Rios is fighting Abril for the WBA Lightweight Championship in Vegas.

Than, over in Mexico City, Marquez fights Fedchenko for The Ring Lightweight Championship

The confusion is on the start time and price. I have two PPV channels showing the fight at 8 PM (CT) and another channel showing the fight at 7 PM(CT). However, other than the time, both show the same PPV information, which is correct?

And the price is listed at only $9.99? Is that possible? I haven't seen a $10 PPV for boxing since the days of Cedrick Kershners 'Heavyweight Explosion" series. Check your system guides and reply within please. Thanks!

Jack

Found out. It is corrected to $44.95.

Jack
daprofessor
imma need a boat and paddle so i can go upstream... smile.gif

can someone inbox me? unsure.gif
Cshel86
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Apr 11 2012, 02:11 PM) *
I wonder if HBO will replay this the following weekend?

That's a good question, and it doesn't look as if they will. I see that Mayweather/Cotto 24/7 airs at 10PM (EST), and the Mayweather interview with Dyson airs at 10:30PM. I checked the rest of my HBO stations, and nothing else comes up as "Boxing", so who knows.

Besides, if they were to replay it...would they just replay the Rios fight, or would they air the co-feature bout with Marquez as well? Im sure they'll make changes though.

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 12 2012, 06:43 PM) *
imma need a boat and paddle so i can go upstream... smile.gif

can someone inbox me? unsure.gif

Im sure I'll have one.
Jack 1000
(Regarding the $50,000 bonus to the winner.)

I like this idea! It may make fighters fight harder! It would be cool to see more of this in the future! That's what boxers did in the old days:

http://www.fighthype.com/pages/content12168.html

I don't think we are going to see two David Haye's in there! LOL!

Jack
daprofessor
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Apr 13 2012, 04:35 PM) *
(Regarding the $50,000 bonus to the winner.)

I like this idea! It may make fighters fight harder! It would be cool to see more of this in the future! That's what boxers did in the old days:

http://www.fighthype.com/pages/content12168.html

I don't think we are going to see two David Haye's in there! LOL!

Jack

this is a good thing and spurs a little more interest. ppl act as if mma/ufc came out with bonuses like this.
BoxingFan86
I just got through watchin' the live weigh-in. Rios came in 2 lbs over the limit, but he still has an extra hour to make the weight.

http://www.esnewsreporting.com/brandon-rio...abril-weigh-in/
Cshel86
QUOTE (BoxingFan86 @ Apr 13 2012, 06:30 PM) *
I just got through watchin' the live weigh-in. Rios came in 2 lbs over the limit, but he still has an extra hour to make the weight.

http://www.esnewsreporting.com/brandon-rio...abril-weigh-in/

Dammit! So we all know where his $50,000 will go if he happens to not make the weight...bum ass Bam Bam...c'mon dude rolleyes_anim.gif
Hotsauce
rios came back at 139
BoxingFan86
QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Apr 13 2012, 07:49 PM) *
rios came back at 139

If so, that guy can't catch a break. I've been watchin' him train for this fight (he hasn't been slackin'), so I kinda feel bad for the dude, especially since he hired a nutritionist.
Cshel86

The rest of the pics are at boxingscene...

http://www.boxingscene.com/photos-brandon-...gh-abril--51747
MaxPayne
If he has to do such a terrible Skeletor impression every time he tries to come in at lightweight, then why the fuck do they make him fight at that weight ?

Oh...I forgot...it's that bullshit they pull where they make you lose pounds so you can look better beating up on guys who are way too small to be fighting you.

Cshel86
laugh.gif

I laughed my ass off when I read that guy over at boxingscene said that Rios looked like a chemo patient. Nothing against chemo patients, but that shit was funny...
Hotsauce
he has to go up in his next fight
BoxingFan86
QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Apr 13 2012, 09:02 PM) *

Yeah, it's definitely time.
Cshel86
QUOTE (MaxPayne @ Apr 13 2012, 08:54 PM) *
Oh...I forgot...it's that bullshit they pull where they make you lose pounds so you can look better beating up on guys who are way too small to be fighting you.

That's what been going on this whole time no2.gif
Jack 1000
QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Apr 13 2012, 08:02 PM) *

+1

Jack
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.