Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Marcos Maidana to train with Robert Garcia
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Hittman25
Its a good move, I just hope Robert can change chino's old habits. Thoughts?
Cshel86
Say whaaaat??? Guess we can forget about the Rios/Maidana fight...
Hotsauce
word is bond
mitukczuk
I don't think he'll manage to change Maidana. Although it would be nice to see I don't believe it. Marcos is too one dimensional in my eyes...
Kratza
If Garcia can turn Maidana into a boxer to conserve his energy until the late rounds, we could see him becoming elite
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 4 2012, 11:26 AM) *
Say whaaaat??? Guess we can forget about the Rios/Maidana fight...

this.

i totally agree. not sure garcia can change the dude. he is what he is...
Hittman25
YA Maidana has to change if he wants to be world class and not just a scraper
Hittman25
http://espn.go.com/blog/dan-rafael/post?id=916
Cshel86
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 4 2012, 02:09 PM) *
this.

i totally agree. not sure garcia can change the dude. he is what he is...

Exactly. I doubt if Garcia puts Rios in there with Maidana...at least while he's training him. Robert will know Maidana's flaws when he's done training him, which will be to Brandon's advantage.

QUOTE (Hittman25 @ Apr 4 2012, 08:09 PM) *
YA Maidana has to change if he wants to be world class and not just a scraper

Maidana is usually slower in the beginning, picks it up in the middle rounds or gives those rounds away, but he usually comes on stronger in the later rounds. It all depends on how well Marcos adjusts throughout the fight.
Slumpage
Rios vs Maidana sparring would be epic though...

Elie Seckback must be getting serious wood right now, lol!

If Garcia can get Maidana to jab, it'd be an improvement imo...
Cshel86
QUOTE (Slumpage @ Apr 5 2012, 07:23 AM) *
Rios vs Maidana sparring would be epic though...

Wouldn't you much rather see them in the ring together, going for the W? I mean sparring is cool, but they should do that AFTER they fight. We all see fights turn out, when guys have either sparred on a few occasions, or when they're sparring partners.
daprofessor
i could see rios poppin off at the mouth in the gym and pissing maidana off... maybe this can lead to something?
Cshel86
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 6 2012, 08:09 PM) *
i could see rios poppin off at the mouth in the gym and pissing maidana off... maybe this can lead to something?

Hopefully! The question is, who would train both of them, if a fight was talked up? If it were to happen over time, Garcia would have all of the inside shit on Maidana to share with Rios, and Maidana would have nothing on Rios.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.