Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Revisiting the Hopkins/Pascal Face-Off
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Cshel86
laugh.gif

I still laugh the hardest at this segment. It had to be the most entertaining of them all...

Franchize
"I'm gonna beat your ....*hmmph*"
Cshel86
@ 9:15..."May 21st, you gone be "foolish" (finished I guess), when Im gonna beat ya "aghs" (ass), you say, "damn I get old over night".

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

I almost cried at 10:10!!!
BoxingFan86
Bernard had his moments, but Pascal stole the show. The frustration was real and really funny.
daprofessor
this is one of the best. my favorite was probably klit/haye. that one actually made me watch the fight! laugh.gif
BoxingFan86
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 5 2012, 01:41 PM) *
this is one of the best. my favorite was probably klit/haye. that one actually made me watch the fight! laugh.gif

That shit made me watch the fight as well, but the poor performance almost made me hate the sport.
daprofessor
QUOTE (BoxingFan86 @ Apr 5 2012, 01:43 PM) *
That shit made me watch the fight as well, but the poor performance almost made me hate the sport.

problem was...i had never seen haye fight before. i saw highlight reels....and i read comments about him...but i didn't know much about the dude. he had me convinced. i guess i ended up feeling duped the way most that thought mayweather/dlh was going to be some kind of barn burner. i knew better. in this one...i should have.
Cshel86
QUOTE (BoxingFan86 @ Apr 5 2012, 01:43 PM) *

+1

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 5 2012, 01:49 PM) *
problem was...i had never seen haye fight before. i saw highlight reels....and i read comments about him...but i didn't know much about the dude. he had me convinced. i guess i ended up feeling duped the way most that thought mayweather/dlh was going to be some kind of barn burner. i knew better. in this one...i should have.

I never saw him fight before that match either. The highlights showed me that he was athletic and possibly fast enough to get to his chin.
BoxingFan86
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 5 2012, 01:49 PM) *

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 5 2012, 02:18 PM) *
+1

I never saw him fight before that match either. The highlights showed me that he was athletic and possibly fast enough to get to his chin.

Haye is a character. To all the people (1st-time viewers) that saw him fight that day, they'll prob remember him as the toe guy with the big mouth laugh.gif.
daprofessor
QUOTE (BoxingFan86 @ Apr 5 2012, 02:24 PM) *
Haye is a character. To all the people (1st-time viewers) that saw him fight that day, they'll prob remember him as the toe guy with the big mouth laugh.gif.

i honestly think he does have something....and to haye's credit...i will say that fighting with a bad toe isn't easy. i've sparred with blisters and a missing toe nail at one point because i smashed it playing basketball. it was painful. i can't imagine what it would be like with a broken toe.
mgrover
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 5 2012, 11:09 PM) *
i honestly think he does have something....and to haye's credit...i will say that fighting with a bad toe isn't easy. i've sparred with blisters and a missing toe nail at one point because i smashed it playing basketball. it was painful. i can't imagine what it would be like with a broken toe.

i know pain thresholds are different but hes got no excuse, i had my big toe snapped all the way backwards and still kept training and sparring, and sure maybe its a legitimate injury, but he said were not using this as an excuse which he was, thats why i dislike haye. I dont think he has anything but that its his athletism that carries him through fights.
BoxingFan86
"I don't have to respond to that, 'cause he's an old man. He keeps the same idea." - Pascal

laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.