Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Will there be a Face-Off for Hopkins/Dawson and Khan/Peterson?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Cshel86
I was just wondering if anyone read about it anywhere, because I haven't heard much about it. On another note, would anybody be interested in a Face-Off for these two fights? How would they go?
BoxingFan86
I haven't read about it anywhere, either. If they were to have an installment of "Face Off" for these guys, I'd expect Hopkins' version to be similar to his episode with Pascal, but with a hint of Cotto's appearance with Margarito. Hopkins would be Cotto (w/ slo-mo video clips, not pics) laugh.gif. He'd prob keep rewindin' the clip, then say shit like, "Chad intentionally threw me down on my shoulder, 'cause he knew I was eventually gon' get in his ass." As far Khan-Peterson goes, Khan would prob do his usual cryin' with a board (yes, a prop) full of excuses and theories, literally. Peterson would dissect each of those excuses 1 by 1, except the 1 'bout the mystery man influencin' the scorecards laugh.gif.
Thickback
Hopkins/Dawson would be great! I can see myself ROFL now at these 2 going at it.

Khan would reiterate that he is the most annoying boxer in the sport.
Jovi
i would like to see the Dawson/Hopkins faceoff, cant wait for the fight honestly O:), i want the Dawson/Pascal rematch already smile.gif
bnoles4life
Personally, I dont' wanna see a Dawson/Hopkins face off....don't think I could stomach Max suckin' up to Bernard nor Bernard trying to articulate (badly, I might add) some infinite wisdom he doesn't have nor MOST OF ALL, watching him talk w/ that missing tooth!!! Dayum.... I mean, Too Short got his grill fixed...
Cshel86
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Apr 8 2012, 11:34 AM) *
Personally, I dont' wanna see a Dawson/Hopkins face off....don't think I could stomach Max suckin' up to Bernard nor Bernard trying to articulate (badly, I might add) some infinite wisdom he doesn't have nor MOST OF ALL, watching him talk w/ that missing tooth!!! Dayum.... I mean, Too Short got his grill fixed...

laugh.gif

I didn't know Hop had a missing tooth...I just thought they were terribly spaced out. Let's forget how jacked up Dawson's grill is no2.gif It kills me how both of these dudes have money, and getting their teeth fixed seems to be on the back burner.

I just see Hopkins fast-talking Dawson to the point where he doesn't want to talk anymore, and all he's left to say is, "Just wait 'til April 28th". As far as Khan/Peterson, I dont see Lamont saying much, while Khan keeps crying, "I landed the Cleeener shots, and I was the cleeener figh-uh" the whole time.
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 8 2012, 10:42 AM) *
laugh.gif

I didn't know Hop had a missing tooth...I just thought they were terribly spaced out. Let's forget how jacked up Dawson's grill is no2.gif It kills me how both of these dudes have money, and getting their teeth fixed seems to be on the back burner.

I just see Hopkins fast-talking Dawson to the point where he doesn't want to talk anymore, and all he's left to say is, "Just wait 'til April 28th". As far as Khan/Peterson, I dont see Lamont saying much, while Khan keeps crying, "I landed the Cleeener shots, and I was the cleeener figh-uh" the whole time.

http://www.google.com/imgres?q=Bernard+Hop...29,r:0,s:0,i:69
mgrover
Seems like both would be the standard bitch fest they are
BoxingFan86
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Apr 8 2012, 11:34 AM) *

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 8 2012, 11:42 AM) *
laugh.gif

Same here.

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Apr 8 2012, 11:58 AM) *

Yeah, they're just spaced out. That's not a missin' tooth.

The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 8 2012, 11:42 AM) *
laugh.gif

Why get your teeth fixed in the MIDDLE of your boxing career? That could cause unecessary delays in making fights. They can also easily get knocked out again. Wait til its over. Wear some removable dentures, as Bernard apparently doesm, in the meantime.
Cshel86
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Apr 8 2012, 10:04 PM) *
Why get your teeth fixed in the MIDDLE of your boxing career? That could cause unecessary delays in making fights. They can also easily get knocked out again. Wait til its over. Wear some removable dentures, as Bernard apparently doesm, in the meantime.

I understand the whole thing about getting them fixed in the middle of your career, which is somewhat nonsense. There are other methods of doing so, one in particular is invisalign...but hey, it's their choice.
Franchize
I think both face offs would be boring. Hopkins/Dawson would be a girl fight back and forth. Everything you need to hear has already been said in the media. Khan/Peterson would probably suck to. I really dont want to hear about Peterson's rough upbringing and it doesn't seem like he has the personality to make it interesting otherwise. I think it would be one of those FaceOff's where the trainers are present only because Peterson won't have much to say.
Cshel86
I still like the idea of both Face-Offs, though its obvious that they aren't going to happen (thanks HBO). You have a point about the Peterson/Khan and the trainers being involved. It appears that Roach jumps at every chance he gets, when it comes to speaking for his fighters.

In this case, Roach may save the day after I get tired of hearing Daffy Duck Khan whine about being the much "cleeener figh-uh" (cleaner fighter). Anytime Hopkins make a point of breaking his opponent down mentally before a fight...Im all for it, even if most of it BS.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.