Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Worst Robbery Of All Time ?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
MaxPayne
I was watching Roy Jones Jr. fighting that random Korean nobody in the Olympics and the sheer ridiculousness of that decision made me want to cry, real talk.

What are some of the all time worst robberies you've seen ?
BoxingFan86
QUOTE (MaxPayne @ Apr 7 2012, 10:45 PM) *
I was watching Roy Jones Jr. fighting that random Korean nobody in the Olympics and the sheer ridiculousness of that decision made me want to cry, real talk.

What are some of the all time worst robberies you've seen ?

I promise to God this is the 1st fight that came to mind as I read the thread's title (before I even opened it).
mgrover
My last amatuer fight, i dont think the guy landed a clean punch, but it was his first fight and it was his gym. It probably wasnt the worst in the world, but it was to me, i watched that rjj fight and cant disagree really
bnoles4life
Professionally, it has to be Whitaker vs. JCC. The only thing missing was ski mask and the ratchet!
Cshel86
Sheesh...my mind wont allow me to think back any further than the latest robberies that have been shoved down our throats. I will forever say that Marquez was robbed in the rubber match with Manny.

Campillo/Cloud
Williams/Martinez (119-109 scorecard)
*The pending robbery in the Salido/Lopez rematch no2.gif

mgrover
Calzaghe Hopkins was an obvious robbery, seems HBO wanted the RJJ match to happen badly
mrwigi
Holyfield v lewis 1 was somewhat of a rip off, cuz lennox beat the shit outta holyfield
mitukczuk
De la Hoya vs. Sturm was a good one....RJJ's olympic decision is THE worst decision ever....
Cshel86
QUOTE (mitukczuk @ Apr 8 2012, 05:11 PM) *
De la Hoya vs. Sturm was a good one....RJJ's olympic decision is THE worst decision ever....

laugh.gif

I remember that one...Oscar looked all flabby and confused.
DubC
Every fight in Texas as of late.......... focus.gif
neophyte7
Jersey Joe Walcott Joe Louis 1... Joe Louis got the shit kicked out of him.. this was the worst robbery I have ever saw!!!
MaxPayne
QUOTE (mgrover @ Apr 8 2012, 07:09 AM) *
My last amatuer fight, i dont think the guy landed a clean punch, but it was his first fight and it was his gym. It probably wasnt the worst in the world, but it was to me, i watched that rjj fight and cant disagree really

Sorry to hear that man, hopefully you were able to get over the disappointment relatively quickly.

Shels, when I saw the scorecards for that Solido vs. JuanMa fight at the time of stoppage, I was damn near close to breaking something.
Cshel86
QUOTE (MaxPayne @ Apr 8 2012, 08:52 PM) *
Shels, when I saw the scorecards for that Solido vs. JuanMa fight at the time of stoppage, I was damn near close to breaking something.

No shit...your post (at the time of the stoppage) was comically unforgettable! laugh.gif
mgrover
QUOTE (MaxPayne @ Apr 9 2012, 01:52 AM) *
Sorry to hear that man, hopefully you were able to get over the disappointment relatively quickly.

tbf a lot of people told me I should watch out from any funny business that would get me DQed turns out that wasn't what I had to watch out for, too naive for my own good.
checkleft
Good mentions..

Martinez-Cintron

He literally got robbed twice. Once on the ko (Cintron got counted out) and then again on the cards.
BoxingFan86
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 8 2012, 09:01 PM) *
No shit...your post (at the time of the stoppage) was comically unforgettable! laugh.gif

I missed it. What was said?
Cshel86
QUOTE (BoxingFan86 @ Apr 9 2012, 03:49 AM) *
I missed it. What was said?

My bad...this was his reaction to the scorecard that had Kirkland up one round at the end of the Molina fight...

QUOTE (MaxPayne @ Mar 24 2012, 10:56 PM) *
The fix was in. Fuck Texas. Fuck Golden Boy. Loathsome sons of bitches are almost as motherfucking horrible as Top Rank.

QUOTE (MaxPayne @ Mar 24 2012, 11:02 PM) *
I'm having to restrain myself from saying all the terrible things that I want to be done to Gayle Van Hoye for the sake of being decent....

...but let's just say that the thoughts in my head would give Patrick Bateman nightmares.

laugh.gif

I cried laughing!!!
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 9 2012, 07:47 AM) *
My bad...this was his reaction to the scorecard that had Kirkland up one round at the end of the Molina fight...

laugh.gif

I cried laughing!!!

What I am laughing about is your veil shots at Allmenjoi by posting her quotes as a sig. LMAO!!!!
Franchize
The Roy Jones Jr fight was probably my pick also. Watching him break down and cry afterwards was probably one of the saddest things I've seen in a boxing ring. Heres a few that come to mind immediately:

Emmanuel Augustus (Burton) vs Courtney Burton - I can still hear Atlas screaming in my ear. I gained a newfound respect for the drunken master and Teddy Atlas that night.

Gay La Hoya vs Sturm- I wanted to kick my TV. BTW, Oscar vs Floyd not being a UD is a robbery too! SD my ass.

Diaz vs Malinaggi 1- Paulie can't punch but theres no doubt he won that fight. He boxed the shit out of Baby Bitch. Second fight, the truth came to light.

Cloud vs Campillo- I actually thought this was worse than Williams vs Lara. @ leats Paul's work rate was constant. Cloud went rounds where he lande like 2 punches.

Hagler vs Leonard- I thought Hagler clearly beat Leonard. One fighter was "shoeshining" and one was just putting his shoe in the other's ass.

Pernell vs Chavez or Ramirez- Pernell always got robbed. Take your pick. Only person I know with worse luck is Emanuel Augustus.

I'm literally over here "LOL'ing" at Cshel posting Allmenjoi's infamous quotes. That's hilarious. Especially the Donaire one.

daprofessor
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Apr 8 2012, 10:21 AM) *
Professionally, it has to be Whitaker vs. JCC. The only thing missing was ski mask and the ratchet!

i concur.
BoxingFan86
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 9 2012, 08:47 AM) *

laugh.gif

I cried laughing!!!
Oh yeah, I remember those posts laugh.gif.

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Apr 9 2012, 09:30 AM) *
What I am laughing about is your veil shots at Allmenjoi by posting her quotes as a sig. LMAO!!!!

laugh.gif

When Cshel86 responds to Allmenjoi's posts, he responds with so much conviction... PASSIONATELY! The back and forth is funny to me.
Franchize
When Allmenjoi gets Cshel pissed, it's like watching a Republican on Bill Maher. you just know she's gonna get tore a new one and look ike a dumb ass afterwards.
daprofessor
one i never thought was a robbery: trinidad/dlh

Cshel86
laugh.gif

You guys are crazy! I laughed my ass off when I read this! Trust me, anything that you've seen thus far, is nothing more than repeated history, and trust me, the past was waaaay worse...and I wasn't even involved in it back then.

As far as the De La Hoya/Trinidad fight, Im still a but "iffy" on that one. Oscar won some rounds, some were definitely close, and he just pissed away those championship rounds. So in a sense, he got what he deserved for running those rounds away.
neophyte7
I have seen nothing here that compares to the robbery of Jersey Joe Walcott in his first fight with Joe Louis...
Cshel86
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Apr 9 2012, 10:36 PM) *
I have seen nothing here that compares to the robbery of Jersey Joe Walcott in his first fight with Joe Louis...

You've mentioned this one more than once, so I may have to find a way to watch it. I dont go back quite that far, so I wont act like I've seen it. laugh.gif
daprofessor
QUOTE (BoxingFan86 @ Apr 9 2012, 04:16 PM) *
Oh yeah, I remember those posts laugh.gif.

laugh.gif

When Cshel86 responds to Allmenjoi's posts, he responds with so much conviction... PASSIONATELY! The back and forth is funny to me.

the passion is undeniable. laugh.gif they just need to go ahead and handle that already.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 9 2012, 09:35 PM) *
laugh.gif

You guys are crazy! I laughed my ass off when I read this! Trust me, anything that you've seen thus far, is nothing more than repeated history, and trust me, the past was waaaay worse...and I wasn't even involved in it back then.

As far as the De La Hoya/Trinidad fight, Im still a but "iffy" on that one. Oscar won some rounds, some were definitely close, and he just pissed away those championship rounds. So in a sense, he got what he deserved for running those rounds away.

that was the fight that really helped me understand/see the bias of hbo/lampley/merchant.

i watched that fight several times with the volume down. best i could do for dlh was 5 rounds. best for trinidad...8.

more than anything...i did not think that trinidad would get a fair shake in vegas.
Cshel86
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 10 2012, 02:07 PM) *
the passion is undeniable. laugh.gif they just need to go ahead and handle that already.

Im not ready to be behind bars for life...with a 23-and-1 schedule. Just not ready...

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 10 2012, 02:11 PM) *
that was the fight that really helped me understand/see the bias of hbo/lampley/merchant.

i watched that fight several times with the volume down. best i could do for dlh was 5 rounds. best for trinidad...8.

more than anything...i did not think that trinidad would get a fair shake in vegas.

It's been almost a year since I watched it, but I remember Oscar getting landing on Tito more than I thought he would, especially since his scary mannerism was so obvious. He didn't want to take any of Tito's shots, but instead of avoiding them with finesse, he looked real scary while doing so.

That bias was no joke, but hey, it's been like that as long as I can remember. The fact that Tito was awarded the decision wasn't at all surprising (after watching those championship rounds go to waste), but of course I initially felt that he wouldn't get the W in Vegas either. THAT is when I realized how much championship rounds meant to the judges! laugh.gif
neophyte7
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 10 2012, 09:20 AM) *
You've mentioned this one more than once, so I may have to find a way to watch it. I dont go back quite that far, so I wont act like I've seen it. laugh.gif

LMAO. I was not alive when it took place.. I saw it on ESPN Classic.. Youtube has it...
Cshel86
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Apr 10 2012, 10:26 PM) *
LMAO. I was not alive when it took place.. I saw it on ESPN Classic.. Youtube has it...

laugh.gif
MaxPayne
So I believe it's safe to say, that Rios vs. Abril can be added somewhere near the top of this list ?
Kratza
Surprised no one has said Marquez vs Pacquiao III, i believe pac won 3 rounds at most!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.