Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The MONEY team
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
mitukczuk
Hey, what's up guys.

Finally, I found a pre/after fight Mayweather vs. Ortiz 24/7 segment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mez4TZCmn9s...;feature=relmfu , for those who haven't seen it yet.

Let me get this out of the way - Miss. Jackson = bomb.

Now to the point..While watching this and especially the always mind-blowing and this time truthful ('As for the man who schooled him') ending, I began to wonder whether there is any other fighter in the game, with such a huge trust in his team as Floyd Mayweather? I mean, he cried at the press conference and although Floyd acts for the public a lot, that shit was emotional. What I loved the most is the 'they can't stop us baby' at the end. What I am trying to say is, there is something great about the Money team apart from all the bling bling. The loyalty and team spirit is just tremendous.

Any thoughts on that ?

On a different note : Floyd getting a haircut in the locker-room before the fight is priceless biggrin.gif Chillin', no biggie...
leonthegee
QUOTE (mitukczuk @ Apr 11 2012, 03:29 AM) *
Hey, what's up guys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mez4TZCmn9s...;feature=relmfu , for those who haven't seen it yet.

Now to the point..While watching this and especially the always mind-blowing and this time truthful ('As for the man who schooled him') ending, I began to wonder whether there is any other fighter in the game, with such a huge trust in his team as Floyd Mayweather? I mean, he cried at the press conference and although Floyd acts for the public a lot, that shit was emotional. What I loved the most is the 'they can't stop us baby' at the end. What I am trying to say is, there is something great about the Money team apart from all the bling bling. The loyalty and team spirit is just tremendous.

Any thoughts on that ?

On a different note : Floyd getting a haircut in the locker-room before the fight is priceless biggrin.gif Chillin', no biggie...

You cant help but respect it. Having the talent is not enough if you want to be P4P1. You have to do the work. You dont hear excuses like you do in other camps. All the drama outside the ring doesnt exist come fight night and thats what I admire the most about Floyd. How can you hate someone whos dedicated to their craft. Even after Floyd made it to the top it was like a second wind for him.
You hear Pactards knock Floyd for this and that Gayweather whoopty whoop whoop but the truth is their scared shitless of Floyd. Everybody knows this, especially them. Pactards see everything that Floyd puts into training camp and it terrifies them. Thats what it takes to succeed at the top level in anything.
Cshel86
The Money Team?! Let's face it, outside of his business team and the small group of people that help him train, the rest of these guys are bums.
Franchize
I think one of the coolest things I'v heard Floyd say is that if you work for him yu have to give 100% all the time. Even if your a driver. He said "I don't slack so you can't slack." I think that's why guys like Manny are getting taken advantage of. No accountability. That's why Arum is mad. Floyd dropped him because he wasn't getting the best fighters. He only wanted to get guys he could make maximum profit off of. But then Floyd leaves and all of a sudden he's ducking all these guys. Well you was his promoter when Magarito and Cotto became household names so that's on you.
mitukczuk
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 11 2012, 09:26 AM) *
The Money Team?! Let's face it, outside of his business team and the small group of people that help him train, the rest of these guys are bums.

Bums who are necessary for Floyd to be comfortable. As he himself has said many times...he wants everyone to work on 100% same as him. Even 'bums' in the security. Say what you will, but I call it a well oiled machine...bums or not.

But I got you, I know what you mean.

I simply can't forget Floyd saying 'They can't stop us baby'. That statement pisses confidence all over the place!
neophyte7
Money team has a winning attitude...50 cent is a good addition. used to fight.. relentless business man.. and he has an attitude like Floyd.. surrounding yourself with like minds... successful winner attitudes means alot.. and these dudes are no dumbies.. Rober Greene best selling author who wrote the 50th law with 50 cent, sad 50 cent was one of the most intelligent guys he ever talked to..
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (mitukczuk @ Apr 11 2012, 06:29 AM) *
Hey, what's up guys.

Any thoughts on that ?

He has a lot of smart people around him. His main guy is a Harvard graduate, 50 has major stocks in Vitamin Water (taste awful) he does not have to make another album or movie he is financially set, his family is employed which means everyone eats. I always say, people follow the attitude of their leader. Floyd has to represent his workers as his workers represent him. He would have been a fine soldier and even better officer. The most important thing he seems to listen to his team but in the end the decisions he makes are his.
daprofessor
it does take a team to get a fighter to the highest levels. don't confuse the term "team" for "club." there are many stragglers in the club....very few who contribute to the team.
BoxingFan86
QUOTE (Franchize @ Apr 11 2012, 10:24 AM) *
I think one of the coolest things I'v heard Floyd say is that if you work for him yu have to give 100% all the time. Even if your a driver. He said "I don't slack so you can't slack." I think that's why guys like Manny are getting taken advantage of. No accountability. That's why Arum is mad. Floyd dropped him because he wasn't getting the best fighters. He only wanted to get guys he could make maximum profit off of. But then Floyd leaves and all of a sudden he's ducking all these guys. Well you was his promoter when Magarito and Cotto became household names so that's on you.

I've heard him say that before, too. Although I get the message, I've always hated how he said, "so and so works for me," instead of "so and so works with me."
Cshel86
QUOTE (mitukczuk @ Apr 11 2012, 10:42 AM) *
Bums who are necessary for Floyd to be comfortable. As he himself has said many times...he wants everyone to work on 100% same as him. Even 'bums' in the security. Say what you will, but I call it a well oiled machine...bums or not.

But I got you, I know what you mean.

I simply can't forget Floyd saying 'They can't stop us baby'. That statement pisses confidence all over the place!

Bums can be necessary for the comfort of certain individuals. Those individuals who are comfortable with bums and leaches being around them, often have issues with being alone...or the "feeling" of being alone.

Not saying that any of this applies to Floyd, but it can be used in general, as history has showed us very successful people who were surrounded by bums/leaches, and ended up broke and alone.

I wouldn't want bums in my security...guys like that cant afford to be bums. laugh.gif Statements that Floyd makes, which alludes to having so many people in his entourage and such, that he doesn't even know everyone's name, is not a good look.

Along with that, he has flashy lifestyle, multiple legal issues, a "so-so" fiance' who looks to be planning a strategic exit in the near future (not all that sure about her), 4 children by a crazy woman, an aging body in a not-so-forgiving sport, and let's not forget that he takes care of SEVERAL people. Not to be negative here, but we've all seen some of these characteristics of public figures with money...and only few have wiggled their way through the obstacles.

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 11 2012, 12:55 PM) *
it does take a team to get a fighter to the highest levels. don't confuse the term "team" for "club." there are many stragglers in the club....very few who contribute to the team.

Exactly! I like how he had things in order a few years ago, now it seems to be growing out of control. I can appreciate guys like 50 Cent being around him, but then you guys like Ray J, who exhibit bi-polar ways and goes on crazy rants on radio shows.

This dude went nuts about a toddler scuffle that he got into, then continued to yell "Money Team" throughout the whole thing! No contributions whatsoever...just starving for attention in an attempt at a second wind in his career. laugh.gif
Hotsauce
lol @ ray j

i got an indoor pool and a outdoor pool
bnoles4life
LOL@Ray J...I'm like...where all this loot comin' from?...."One Wish" and "Wait a Minute" didn't sell like that.
Cshel86

A true coke head at his highest moment! This is a guilty pleasure of mine...but I listen to it at least twice a month...just for laughs! This is the Money Team that some speak of...this dude nothing for the image...
Cshel86
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Apr 11 2012, 09:19 PM) *
LOL@Ray J...I'm like...where all this loot comin' from?...."One Wish" and "Wait a Minute" didn't sell like that.

Im sure he writes and produces on the side, but this whole thug *cough*, excuse me, this whole homo thug image aint the move.
Franchize
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 11 2012, 09:27 PM) *
Im sure he writes and produces on the side, but this whole thug *cough*, excuse me, this whole homo thug image aint the move.

Yea plus Brandy is his sister and he was messing with Lil Kim, Kim K and Whitney.He only dates chicks with money apparently lol. Not to mention that hilarious reality show with all the hoodrats.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Franchize @ Apr 12 2012, 09:17 AM) *
Yea plus Brandy is his sister and he was messing with Lil Kim, Kim K and Whitney.He only dates chicks with money apparently lol. Not to mention that hilarious reality show with all the hoodrats.

i know someone that was close to the situation w/kim k and ray j. supposedly...kim k was in charge of wardrobe for a brandi shoot when she met ray j. brandi's mom gave kim k a credit card to purchase clothing for the shoot and kim k went on a 100k shopping spree with ray j and that's around the time they made the video. brandi's mom sued kim k...but that shit hasn't really been made public...but meanwhile...she became a star for getting stabbed on video by brandi's lil' bruh. funny how that all works. laugh.gif
Cshel86
Thanks for the info Professor. As I stated earlier, most of those dudes on the money team are a bunch of leeches anyhow. Trust me, if/when the money's gone...they will be gone just as fast.
pesticid
I think Floyd's entourage is small compared to Pacman's. I mean Pacman sleeps in a room with 20 other men. I am sure Floyd sleeps by himself, I doubt Miss Jackson gives it up, she look like she's just there for the public.
Franchize
QUOTE (pesticid @ Apr 13 2012, 09:53 AM) *
I think Floyd's entourage is small compared to Pacman's. I mean Pacman sleeps in a room with 20 other men. I am sure Floyd sleeps by himself, I doubt Miss Jackson gives it up, she look like she's just there for the public.

Theres no doubt about that. My boy, that I mentioned previously, flies out there all the way from VA and Pacquiao gives them a bunch of shit. And he's just the cousin of someone who works for Pacquiao.

As for Miss Jackson, I highly doubt Floyd aint gettin in them guts. I mean he coulda had Chilli. I doubt he's gonna pass that up just for an arm trophy. Now is she really deeply in love with him? I have my doubts. lol
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.