Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: miguel cotto training camp 2012
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
daprofessor
daprofessor
cotto's training...
Cshel86
Miguel looks to be in pretty good shape, but that's just my opinion. Dude has some pretty good training methods...cant remember the last time I climbed a rope! I hope he's working more on speed and stepping to the side...turning Mayweather may be an option for Miguel.
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 11 2012, 08:31 PM) *
Miguel looks to be in pretty good shape, but that's just my opinion. Dude has some pretty good training methods...cant remember the last time I climbed a rope! I hope he's working more on speed and stepping to the side...turning Mayweather may be an option for Miguel.

I agree.....I hope he isn't planning on the "turtle shell" style of defense for this fight...if so, he can already expect a healthy dose of uppercuts on the menu.
daprofessor
i'm liking what i see from cotto so far. i think this is going to be floyds toughest fight in quite some time. look for floyd to sprout his tail, grow wings and start spitting fire balls. laugh.gif
mrchitown
Cotto is looking very good so far, if he is working on speed then this will make a huge difference in the fight
neophyte7
Why would working on speed amount to anything? Cotto is not fast. His only chance is to make it a roughhouse affair.. and even there Mayweather is strong and athletic... Cotto working on speed is the wrong strategy.
daprofessor
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Apr 16 2012, 04:21 PM) *
Why would working on speed amount to anything? Cotto is not fast. His only chance is to make it a roughhouse affair.. and even there Mayweather is strong and athletic... Cotto working on speed is the wrong strategy.

imo...cotto doesn't need to work on speed. he has timing and accuracy on his side. slower guys have been able to hit floyd...so i seriously doubt cotto will have any trouble in that department. there are several things cotto is going to have to do to win. luckily for him...he is capable of doing several things well. this is going to be mayweathers toughest fight to date.
neophyte7
Floyd's opponents connect at 16% on average.
sduck
I'll say it like this, if Cotto tries to box, he's going to get picked apart like Marquez. His best shot is to try to bully Floyd. But he won't be able to do that as good as someone like Oscar and Castillo, because Cotto doesn't take shots as good as them. I honestly don't see how Cotto can win this fight. Floyd tried to be more humble in preparation for their fight, but him stating, "Margarito is very very slow, and you see how easily Cotto is hit by this guy" and things like, "Cotto's gonna get his ass chopped up" and, "I'm not even gonna do an interview, I'm just gonna walk out and collect my paycheck..." makes me think Floyd truthfully thinks it'll be an easy fight, easy payday.

Also, fast hand speed does give Floyd trouble. Judah, Oscar, Mosley, and I think a couple others. I mean they all turned out "easy" victories, but the hand-speed did dish out effort.
Franchize
Cotto looks really bulky. I guess he's going to try the Ricky Hatton approach. Mayweather looks really slim and trim. Smaller than he looked vs Ortiz, in which he actually looked pretty solid.
Cshel86
Cotto actually looks a bit slim to me....slimmer than he did in the Margarito rematch, in which he looked a bit flabby on fight night.
Zaryu
I really trust Pedro Luis Diaz as a trainer, and Miguel Cotto has always been a hard worker. I give him a decent chance which is more than most guys would get against Floyd. Now that Cotto is training better, if he has a very good gameplan and has an excellent night on May 5th, Mayweather will not look good win or lose. It'll be a good fight.
Franchize
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 17 2012, 12:24 PM) *
Cotto actually looks a bit slim to me....slimmer than he did in the Margarito rematch, in which he looked a bit flabby on fight night.

I think he looked bigger in the Magarito fight (fat). But I think he looks more muscular now. I don't know if that's a good thing. Could hear Lampley saying "...like an air craft carrier. Look at that back." all over again lmaooooooo
daprofessor
QUOTE (Franchize @ Apr 18 2012, 02:22 PM) *
I think he looked bigger in the Magarito fight (fat). But I think he looks more muscular now. I don't know if that's a good thing. Could hear Lampley saying "...like an air craft carrier. Look at that back." all over again lmaooooooo

lamps gooshes over certain fighters. it's a very homo-erotic thing with him. laugh.gif
pesticid
QUOTE (Franchize @ Apr 18 2012, 02:22 PM) *

Cotto's head is huge, maybe he can relate it to a hot air balloon but I don't think that's too complimentary though
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.